HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ribeiro to Toronto

Old
05-21-2011, 04:48 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
First off, i'm not trying to offend. There was a similar post to this on the TO board recently were supposed Stars fans were saying these things. Maybe they were trolls like alot of Leaf fakes, i don't know.I for one didn't call him a Cancer, i like the player. If Dallas resigns Richards and moves Benn to the wing, great. I thought Benn was damn good at center (from what i've seen).As far as deadline thoughts, alot of (local to me) media was reporting it. Sorry if i offended.
Can you find and post a link to these threads where Stars fans have said anything even remotely close to what you're alleging they/we did?

You are so off by saying that Ribeiro was offered at the trade deadline that I think you must have him confused with another player. There was never, ever even a faint whisper of him being traded by anybody actually tapped into the Stars' situation. It Canadian media types were writing that kind of garbage than I feel bad for you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
I don't know about that. By the very end of the season I thought he had regained most of his customary form.
He looked better in the last 2-3 games but I'm not convinced. At this point it's a non-issue for us though.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 04:53 PM
Cujomi
YNWA

After reading this thread, and many other threads, I've come to the conclusion that Ribeiro must be one of the most underrated players in the world.

Cujomi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 05:16 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPhoenixM View Post
After reading this thread, and many other threads, I've come to the conclusion that Ribeiro must be one of the most underrated players in the world.
Most of the underrated players in the world are from the Dallas Stars.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 09:52 AM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
get ready for Dallas fans to ask for WAY WAY more then he's worth dispite the fact the team tried to move him a year ago and couldn't meaning his value isn't that high
You mean Ribiero having more points than any leaf player 3 of the last 4 seasons shouldn't increase is value to a team that obviously has its needs for offense? Or how about a player that has been in the top 10 in assists the last 3 out of the last 4 seasons? Or better yet about a guy who is on a cap friendly contract based off his performance? You are right asking a 1st for Ribeiro is ridiculous...

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 10:03 AM
hockeyGod

Would be a great mentor for Kadri. I would guess something along the lines of Bostons first and Jesse Blacker.

hockeyGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 10:24 AM
birddog*

I swear some guys just look at the stats page and dream up trades. Ribero is not the answer -- he has too many flaws in his game.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 11:02 AM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
I swear some guys just look at the stats page and dream up trades. Ribero is not the answer -- he has too many flaws in his game.

I have watched Ribeiro during his time here in Dallas and he is about as complete of a player as he can be.

Care to name some?

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 11:03 AM
Seguins Dragon*

Not sure the Leafs do this... they already have "Ribeiro Light" in Kadri, no need to have 2 of the same type of players.

Honestly, I think Chris Drury would be good for them as a stop gap for now (if by August they have not addressed the #1 center issue)... Rangers want cap space, so he could be had pretty cheap...contract doesn't have much left...

It would be like Gomez/Montreal but not as bad because his contract is done after next year... plus he is American and we know how much Burkie loves his fellow country men.

Seguins Dragon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 11:09 AM
Drew311
Bustlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
Yeah why would we want a potential PPG centre who could easily help Kessel score 40+ goals? I guess it would be hard to deal with all the flaws in his game, like being one of the top set-up centres in he league, amazing hands, great on breakaways/shootouts, and he would just be awful for our struggling power play.

Why would the Leafs want a guy like that? So many flaws...

Drew311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 11:21 AM
vezna*
Canada's Team

burke could've gotten ribeiro and didn't. this proposal doesn't make any sense

vezna* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 11:22 AM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogi1Kenobi View Post
Most of the underrated players in the world are from the Dallas Stars.
This is true.

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 11:55 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony Eriksson View Post
You mean Ribiero having more points than any leaf player 3 of the last 4 seasons shouldn't increase is value to a team that obviously has its needs for offense? Or how about a player that has been in the top 10 in assists the last 3 out of the last 4 seasons? Or better yet about a guy who is on a cap friendly contract based off his performance? You are right asking a 1st for Ribeiro is ridiculous...
there were people asking for 2 1sts AND a prospect

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 11:57 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguins Dragon View Post
Not sure the Leafs do this... they already have "Ribeiro Light" in Kadri, no need to have 2 of the same type of players.

Honestly, I think Chris Drury would be good for them as a stop gap for now (if by August they have not addressed the #1 center issue)... Rangers want cap space, so he could be had pretty cheap...contract doesn't have much left...

It would be like Gomez/Montreal but not as bad because his contract is done after next year... plus he is American and we know how much Burkie loves his fellow country men.
if he was a being brought in as the #3 guy absolutely bring him on for the year but as the #1 guy? stop gap or no stop Gap thats not going to work

Old
05-23-2011, 12:13 PM
Seguins Dragon*

Quote:
if he was a being brought in as the #3 guy absolutely bring him on for the year but as the #1 guy? stop gap or no stop Gap thats not going to work
Yeah, I didn't mean him as #1 role... but give you guys better depth at the position overall.

Old
05-23-2011, 02:50 PM
EucaLEAFtys

If Ribeiro were available, I would happily accept him as a Leaf.

There is no question of him being a very good player who could quite possibly become a legitimate #1 center (if he isn't one already) given the right situation.

Should B. Richards decide to leave the Stars, then there is no reason for the Stars to trade Ribeiro, as he would then become their #1 center. Should Richards decide to stay, then it's pretty much status quo going forward (talent-wise) for the Stars.

Either way, the Stars have no real need to move Ribeiro and they won't move him unless they absolutely have to.

EucaLEAFtys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 02:58 PM
EucaLEAFtys

Quote:
If Drury is incapable of playing up to the level of his contract (it certainly looks to be the case), then I wouldn't want him even as a stop-gap for a year, not to mention the fact that he would be one of the most expensive third-liners (if he isn't already) in the history of the game.

Pass on Drury.

EucaLEAFtys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 02:58 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
Yeah, I didn't mean him as #1 role... but give you guys better depth at the position overall.
This doesn't make any sense. Lets say we bring in Drury. Where does he play?

Lupul-xxx-Kessel
Kulie-Grabo-MacA
Kadri-Bozak-Army
Boyce-Brent-Brown

-He's not getting first line C duties.
-He's not getting 2nd line duties.
-He's not getting 3rd line duties.
-We aren't paying him $7M+ to play on our 4th line (I'd still take Brent over him regardless of $$).

Why would we do this?
Why would we give our biggest "Richards competitor" the capspace to sign him for absolutley no reason?

jmart21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 03:07 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart21 View Post

Lupul-xxx-Kessel
Kulie-Grabo-MacA
Kadri-Bozak-Army
Boyce-Brent-Brown

-We aren't paying him $7M+ to play on our 4th line (I'd still take Brent over him regardless of $$).

Why would we do this?
Why would we give our biggest "Richards competitor" the capspace to sign him for absolutley no reason?

give him Bozaks spot Bozak scres up 90% of the scoring chances he gets anyway and his -29 is AWFUL and Unlike Kssel he never got better. Yes Kessel was -20 but he was only -1 in the 2nd half Bozak was pure **** the whole year

Old
05-23-2011, 03:11 PM
Seguins Dragon*

Quote:

Lupul-xxx-Kessel
Kulie-Grabo-MacA
Kadri-Bozak-Army
Boyce-Brent-Brown

Why would we do this?
As I said in my post, if you missed out on the Richards sweep stakes and ran out of options, it's not a bad last resort.

Let's say Richards re-signs with Dallas
Burke refuses to pay the price on the trade market for a #1
Fleishman/Laich/Weiss all are re-signed by someone else

What do you do?

Old
05-23-2011, 03:16 PM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

Quote:
As I said in my post, if you missed out on the Richards sweep stakes and ran out of options, it's not a bad last resort.

What do you do?
moving any assets for Drury and his albatross of a contract would be a horrible move, unless we were moving Komisarek for him it doesn't make sense. Drury doesn't improve our top six, and is a probably just an upgrade in faceoffs for our bottom six

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 03:25 PM
DIONBOZAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
moving any assets for Drury and his albatross of a contract would be a horrible move, unless we were moving Komisarek for him it doesn't make sense. Drury doesn't improve our top six, and is a probably just an upgrade in faceoffs for our bottom six
I dont think we would need to move any assets. We would be the ones acquiring assets for taking Drury's horrible contract.

I could see something like:

To Tor:
Drury
1st '11 or one of the Rangers top prospects (Kreider, Grachev, ect)

To NYR:
Komisarek

Of course, NMC's ruin the whole idea...

DIONBOZAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 03:30 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:

What do you do?
I go with someone already in our system. Shuffle between Bozak and Kadri, even give Colbourne a shot here and there. Kulie-Grabo-MacA becomes our top line (as they were this year).

Kulie-Grabo-MacA
Lupul-Bozak/Kadri/Colbourne-Kessel

Nobody knows what to expect from Bozak this coming season. He was great in his rookie "year" (37games?) but couldn't quite put together a balanced 2way game when the pressure of a 1st liner was put on him. Somewhere in between these 2 performances could be an acceptable expectation. Although i think putting him on the 3rd line would let him forget about "MAKE SURE KESSEL SCORES 40!" and let him focus on his game.

What indications are there that Drury is an upgrade on any Kadri/Bozak/Colbourne? Are these indications strong enough to take on his albatross of a contract?

Old
05-23-2011, 03:36 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
give him Bozaks spot Bozak scres up 90% of the scoring chances he gets anyway and his -29 is AWFUL and Unlike Kssel he never got better. Yes Kessel was -20 but he was only -1 in the 2nd half Bozak was pure **** the whole year
Honestly, your posts are worse than Cup67's.

Bozak was put in a situation he was destined to fail in. He's not a 1st liner. Giving him that job and the pressure to make sure Kessel was potting goals left right & centre definetly got to him.

He can't play his game when all he can think about is Kessel's game. He's our best bet on a defensive zone faceoff and even though the most reliable stat () tells us otherwise, he's actually got a good sense of defensive awareness.

I think having him on the third line this year (which is the plan at the moment), will result in a much better season. I'd love to see Kadri-Bozak-Armstrong as the third line. This would be a great way to teach kadri the defensive side of the game, while allowing him (and bozak) to show some offensiveness here and there.

You'd honestly rather pay Drury $7M+ to play on our third line than pay Bozak what he'll get on his new contract? You've got to be kidding me.....

Old
05-23-2011, 03:41 PM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

Quote:

Bozak was put in a situation he was destined to fail in. He's not a 1st liner. Giving him that job and the pressure to make sure Kessel was potting goals left right & centre definetly got to him.

He can't play his game when all he can think about is Kessel's game. He's our best bet on a defensive zone faceoff and even though the most reliable stat () tells us otherwise, he's actually got a good sense of defensive awareness.

I think having him on the third line this year (which is the plan at the moment), will result in a much better season. I'd love to see Kadri-Bozak-Armstrong as the third line. This would be a great way to teach kadri the defensive side of the game, while allowing him (and bozak) to show some offensiveness here and there.

You'd honestly rather pay Drury $7M+ to play on our third line than pay Bozak what he'll get on his new contract? You've got to be kidding me.....
Agreed, Him and Armstrong played amazing on the PK to finish out the year. Put tons of pressure on the other team.

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 03:45 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:

I don't want either guy but in acquiring Drury we'd likely be getting aan asset to add to our postpect pool for taking on his deal and it's 1 year so that contract is gone at seasons end freeing up cap space.

I can see a benifit in add Drury for the year