HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ribeiro to Toronto

Old
05-23-2011, 02:48 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart21 View Post
Honestly, your posts are worse than Cup67's.

Bozak was put in a situation he was destined to fail in. He's not a 1st liner. Giving him that job and the pressure to make sure Kessel was potting goals left right & centre definetly got to him.

He can't play his game when all he can think about is Kessel's game. He's our best bet on a defensive zone faceoff and even though the most reliable stat () tells us otherwise, he's actually got a good sense of defensive awareness.

I think having him on the third line this year (which is the plan at the moment), will result in a much better season. I'd love to see Kadri-Bozak-Armstrong as the third line. This would be a great way to teach kadri the defensive side of the game, while allowing him (and bozak) to show some offensiveness here and there.

You'd honestly rather pay Drury $7M+ to play on our third line than pay Bozak what he'll get on his new contract? You've got to be kidding me.....
This.

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 02:54 PM
Tankhouse

I think alot of people are being overly critical of Drury. Is he worth his contract? No he's not, but he had a serious knee injury this season, and although the Blueshirts in general were terrible in the playoffs Drury was one of thier better players. With only one year left on his contract and the amount of cap space Toronto has they can affoard to take a chance on him.

Something like this could probably work for both teams
Bost 1st (27th-30)
Phi 1st (25th)

for

NYR first (15th)
Chris Drury
Pavel Valentenko

This is a good option for the leafs as they move up to get a guy like McNiell or Shiefele. Drury can play on the 2nd line with Kessel and Lupul, and if the chemestry isn't there the Leafs can use him on the third and bump Bozak up to the number 2 spot. Drury also adds some leadership to the forward group.

Kulemin-Grabo-MacA
Lupul-Drury-Kessel
Armie-Bozak-Kadri
Orr-Brent-Brown

Or they can move Bozak for a pick and sign a guy like Laich or Connolly

Tankhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 02:55 PM
Seguins Dragon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart21 View Post
I go with someone already in our system. Shuffle between Bozak and Kadri, even give Colbourne a shot here and there. Kulie-Grabo-MacA becomes our top line (as they were this year).

Kulie-Grabo-MacA
Lupul-Bozak/Kadri/Colbourne-Kessel

Nobody knows what to expect from Bozak this coming season. He was great in his rookie "year" (37games?) but couldn't quite put together a balanced 2way game when the pressure of a 1st liner was put on him. Somewhere in between these 2 performances could be an acceptable expectation. Although i think putting him on the 3rd line would let him forget about "MAKE SURE KESSEL SCORES 40!" and let him focus on his game.

What indications are there that Drury is an upgrade on any Kadri/Bozak/Colbourne? Are these indications strong enough to take on his albatross of a contract?

1- Contract is for 1 year, and 1 year only... it's a stop gap as I mentioned.

2- Honestly, can you say without doubt/hesitation that you rather rely on Kadri/Colbourne over a proven NHL commodity?... if so, well, cheers and good luck, I wouldn't if I was in your position.

3- Yes, Drury is on decline and crap last year... but this is a low risk gamble which can pay dividends (ie- playoff birth)

Let's look at some numbers

Over last 3 seasons (including this years miserable 5 points in 24 games) Drury is at a .51 PPG

The last 3 years (not including this year but from 2010/2009 season-2007/2008) he has a .61 PPG

Over his career he is .69

Leafs missed the playoffs by 7 points this year... that is 3 more wins and 1 OT... I think with the addition of Drury, his leadership, plus contract year (be motivated to get another contract and prove worth) and the fact he only has 1 year left on his monstrosity contract is the only reason I suggest it...

I think it's a great oppertunity and he may be that piece could help get you into the playoffs.

Now I am not saying contender, but perhaps someone like Drury can help the kids in a close game, bring expereince... and I would think as a leaf fan, you would value a trip to the playoffs and the expereince gained there by the likes of Schenn/Kadri/Reimer/Grabovski would be invaluable.

Also... a playoff birth would end the 7 years of pain.

As I said... for 1 year left on his deal... if all options are exhasted, you really have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Seguins Dragon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 03:07 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Only deal I would consider involving Drury.

Drury + 15th overall + 2012 2nd
For
25th overall + 85th overall

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 04:38 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguins Dragon View Post
1- Contract is for 1 year, and 1 year only... it's a stop gap as I mentioned.

2- Honestly, can you say without doubt/hesitation that you rather rely on Kadri/Colbourne over a proven NHL commodity?... if so, well, cheers and good luck, I wouldn't if I was in your position.

3- Yes, Drury is on decline and crap last year... but this is a low risk gamble which can pay dividends (ie- playoff birth)

Let's look at some numbers

Over last 3 seasons (including this years miserable 5 points in 24 games) Drury is at a .51 PPG

The last 3 years (not including this year but from 2010/2009 season-2007/2008) he has a .61 PPG

Over his career he is .69

Leafs missed the playoffs by 7 points this year... that is 3 more wins and 1 OT... I think with the addition of Drury, his leadership, plus contract year (be motivated to get another contract and prove worth) and the fact he only has 1 year left on his monstrosity contract is the only reason I suggest it...

I think it's a great oppertunity and he may be that piece could help get you into the playoffs.

Now I am not saying contender, but perhaps someone like Drury can help the kids in a close game, bring expereince... and I would think as a leaf fan, you would value a trip to the playoffs and the expereince gained there by the likes of Schenn/Kadri/Reimer/Grabovski would be invaluable.

Also... a playoff birth would end the 7 years of pain.

As I said... for 1 year left on his deal... if all options are exhasted, you really have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
If all other options are exhausted, it will have to be considered (no stones left unturned). But looking internally for a centre will be much higher on the options list (and many other things) before picking up Drury is even discussed.

jmart21 is offline   Reply With Quote