HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Anaheim/Calgary

Old
05-21-2011, 02:04 PM
JohnnyDuck93

vCash: 500
Anaheim/Calgary

to Calgary: 2011 1st round draft pick and 4th rounder
to Anaheim: Robyn Reghyr

at the deadline they wanted a highly regarded prospect and a 2nd rounder.

JohnnyDuck93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 02:09 PM
davo0705

I'd Prefer the 4th round pick to be a Decent prospect. Then we will be getting somewhere.

davo0705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 02:12 PM
Backlund

vCash: 1263
Counter Offer:

To
Robyn Regehr

To
ANA 1st Round Pick 2011
Nicolas Deschamps

Backlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 02:16 PM
JohnnyDuck93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number Eight View Post
Counter Offer:

To
Robyn Regehr

To
ANA 1st Round Pick 2011
Nicolas Deschamps
how about belesky?

Old
05-21-2011, 02:18 PM
alx83*

Whoa... A Calgary fan didn't shoot this down quickly. If this is all it takes, I'd do this in a second. We'd have one of the best defenses in the league.

Fowler-Reghr
Visnovsky-Lydman
Beauchemin-Sbisa

alx83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 02:20 PM
Adam Banks

In order for the Ducks to pick up Regher I think that they might want/need to send some salary back the other way. Meaning (hopefully) one of Blake/Sutton would potentially be involved in the deal. In which case I imagine that you would need to up the 4th to a higher pick and include a mid level prospect or you could leave a lower round pick and then include a higher end prospect.

I think that a potentially better deal for both teams might be something around Sutton and a later (5th-6th round maybe?) for Sarich. It would give the Ducks a pretty solid defensive guy to compliment Fowler and would finally give them a right handed shooting Dman while the Flames would shed a little bit of cap and pick up another pick.

I don't mean to hijack the thread, and I'm sorry if I gave that impression, I just wanted to offer an alternative deal that might work out between the two teams. Don't know what Flames fans would think of it though.

Adam Banks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 02:25 PM
JohnnyDuck93

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMilli View Post
Whoa... A Calgary fan didn't shoot this down quickly. If this is all it takes, I'd do this in a second. We'd have one of the best defenses in the league.

Fowler-Reghr
Visnovsky-Lydman
Beauchemin-Sbisa
yeah and sign montador in july, it would definitely give us the chance to win.

as for salary i really believe sutton wont be back next year. I also think Blake will be bought out or he'll retire, no way bobs going to pay 4+ mill for an old second or third liner.

Old
05-21-2011, 02:30 PM
ComixZone

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyduck93 View Post
to Calgary: 2011 1st round draft pick and 4th rounder
to Anaheim: Robyn Reghyr

at the deadline they wanted a highly regarded prospect and a 2nd rounder.
Huh?

Also, not enough going to Calgary. 1st + good prospect + later pick at the bare minimum.

All for moot though, as the Flames aren't moving Reggie.

ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 02:38 PM
JohnnyDuck93

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
Huh?

Also, not enough going to Calgary. 1st + good prospect + later pick at the bare minimum.

All for moot though, as the Flames aren't moving Reggie.
it was rumored all you wanted at the dealine was a good prospect and a 2nd rounder

Old
05-21-2011, 02:39 PM
Hampe
The Hampster

Quote:
Counter Offer:

To
Robyn Regehr

To
ANA 1st Round Pick 2011
Nicolas Deschamps
Done.

Hampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 02:42 PM
ComixZone

Quote:
it was rumored all you wanted at the dealine was a good prospect and a 2nd rounder
Not sure where that rumour popped up from. In Calgary, there was never any discussion of moving Regehr.

If it was a prospect + a 2nd that was rumoured, then it would have had to be a top prospect and a 2nd. From Anaheim, probably would have had to been built around Etem and a 2nd. With the actual value honestly being more in line with Etem + 1st in 2011 (which equates to two late first round picks)

Jay Feaster, since taking over in December, has always said that his core of Bouwmeester, Regehr, Kiprusoff and Iginla are not being moved. So I definitely call into question the validity of that rumour.

Old
05-21-2011, 02:50 PM
Remember2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
Not sure where that rumour popped up from. In Calgary, there was never any discussion of moving Regehr.

If it was a prospect + a 2nd that was rumoured, then it would have had to be a top prospect and a 2nd. From Anaheim, probably would have had to been built around Etem and a 2nd. With the actual value honestly being more in line with Etem + 1st in 2011 (which equates to two late first round picks)

Jay Feaster, since taking over in December, has always said that his core of Bouwmeester, Regehr, Kiprusoff and Iginla are not being moved. So I definitely call into question the validity of that rumour.
DAMN. Well I think Feaster should find a #1 as his first priority besides sighing Tanguay ATM but Maybe a package for Getzlafe?

Remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 03:52 PM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

Quote:
Counter Offer:

To
Robyn Regehr

To
ANA 1st Round Pick 2011
Nicolas Deschamps
Done and done

ShadowDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 04:24 PM
ComixZone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember2004 View Post
DAMN. Well I think Feaster should find a #1 as his first priority besides sighing Tanguay ATM but Maybe a package for Getzlafe?
True #1 centers are hard to get. If you can't draft and develop one yourself, you overpay for it. Either through free agency (finding a way to offer Brad Richards 7-8 million per long-term), or by ransacking the future by handing out some good prospects/picks.

Teams aren't very willing to part with true #1 centers unless they absolutely have to.

Old
05-21-2011, 09:44 PM
DropIt

I would also like to know where these rumors came from. I have a hard time believing that nobody would have moved a 2nd and a prospect for Regehr at the deadline. Unless the prospect was top end.

Either way, OP offer is low. In keeping with the 'rumored' asking price, I would be asking for Etem and a 2nd round pick for Regehr

DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 12:00 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
yeah and sign montador in july, it would definitely give us the chance to win.

as for salary i really believe sutton wont be back next year. I also think Blake will be bought out or he'll retire, no way bobs going to pay 4+ mill for an old second or third liner.
That's odd considering that he's been paying him for 2 years now. I dont see him being bought out at all. He may try to move him, but I'd bet money that he will finish the last year of his contract with us next year.

I don't think we should move our 1st for Regher though. We definitely could use him, but is it wise having so many high paid defenseman with so little forward depth? I think we should only move our 1st if it addresses depth upfront, although I wouldn't hate it if it happened. But like someone said, Sutton would have to be going the other way.

Duck Off is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 12:12 AM
WhereIsIt
alongtheboards

vCash: 1456
To whoever was suggesting the Flames should have to take back salary (Blake) think again. One huge reason that we would do this would be to create cap space. If we have to take back salary the Flames are better off to say no and keep Regher, who is simply rock solid every single game.

If you want Bouwmeester however, I'm sure we can take Blake off your hands.

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 01:30 AM
HighLifeMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotalik Fanboy View Post
To whoever was suggesting the Flames should have to take back salary (Blake) think again. One huge reason that we would do this would be to create cap space. If we have to take back salary the Flames are better off to say no and keep Regher, who is simply rock solid every single game.

Uh, no...

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 02:32 AM
blankall

Quote:

If Feaster took Blake's 4 million dollar cap hit back to the Flames he would be shot.

JBo does not have negative value like you are suggesting. Without him the Flames need to find someone to log his minutes. Good luck with that.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 12:12 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

I don't expect the flames to take Blake's contract, but Sutton would have to go the other way, unless the Ducks were able to move him for a pick first. Very few, if any, teams will be willing to take 4 million with out giving some back, or shedding it before the deal is made, that's just the cap world.

Duck Off is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 12:58 PM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 50
Where do I sign?

JabbaJabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 12:59 PM
Kevin27nyi
#21KO

vCash: 50
does regher have a NTC/NMC?

Kevin27nyi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 03:15 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
If Feaster took Blake's 4 million dollar cap hit back to the Flames he would be shot.

JBo does not have negative value like you are suggesting. Without him the Flames need to find someone to log his minutes. Good luck with that.
JBo has a cap hit of $6,680,000. That's the 3rd highest hit for D in the league, 23rd highest for all players. That cap hit got you 4 entire goals and the 69th highest scoring defender in the league this year scoring half the points of the other defenders playing 24-26 minutes of ice time like him. Last year got you 3 entire goals and the 55th scoring defenseman who once again had about half the points of the defensemen playing around his ice time. When you look at his point production/TOI he's similar to Mark Staal. Whose cap is $3,975,000. He's far from a worthless player but sorry, his cap hit is a negative trade asset.

Ducks DVM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 04:09 PM
Adam Banks

I apologize if people thought that I was suggesting the Flames deal Regher for Blake. I understand that is ludicrous. I was simply saying that the Ducks probably couldn't/wouldn't take on Regher's whole salary without sending anything back. Obviously if the Flames were to take Blake off of our hands and we were getting Regher, we would have to add on a significant amount of high end assets in order to complete the deal.

That is also why I suggested a different deal involving Sutton and a mid-lower round pick in exchange for Sarich. Which I believe (I'm not entirely certain) clears a little cap for the Flames and gives them a pick while the Ducks get a decent physical defensive guy to play with Fowler.

Adam Banks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 04:53 PM
Hampe
The Hampster

Quote:
YES. I mean yes, yes you can.

Hampe is offline   Reply With Quote