HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ottawa's 6th overall pick

Old
05-21-2011, 02:25 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

vCash: 500
Ottawa's 6th overall pick

Bryan Murray has gone on record as saying he wants a guy to play with Spezza well he has a very valuable peice to deal with if he chooses to do so that his being his 6th overall pick.

I am sure there are teams out therre that would LOVE to add the 6th overall pick and would pay a nice price to get it. Withg that is mind If ottawa decided to shop their 1st what could they get for it?

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 02:46 PM
Lion

Hemsky would be perfect with Spezz but would probably have to sign an extension before a trade.

Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 02:50 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copper View Post
Hemsky would be perfect with Spezz but would probably have to sign an extension before a trade.
Sens would probably want somebody more durable.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 02:52 PM
Shanny
Let's Win It All

A leaf fan starting a value of ottawa's 1st thread?....go figure

Shanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 03:02 PM
Lion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post
Sens would probably want somebody more durable.
True but the potenial reward is huge for the Sens. Adding Hemsky to their core can fast track their retool.

Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 03:03 PM
The King of Town

Quote:
Hemsky would be perfect with Spezz
There's only one puck...

The King of Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 05:04 PM
Isles_Guy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
True but the potenial reward is huge for the Sens. Adding Hemsky to their core can fast track their retool.
more likely ruin the retool, when hemsky gets hurt again, A Gm would be insane to give up a first for him since he'd need to sign him long term before he knows if he was even healthy or risk him walking as a UFA after the season

the best the oilers could do is to make the pick conditional upon games played

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 05:09 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
We don't want to fast track the rebuild, we want to do it the right way. And Hemsky isn't the answer (no knock on him, he's great). But Spezza needs a finisher, not another setup guy, and one that can play more than half a season, and isn't a flight risk at the end of the season.

Hemsky lowers our pick next year but still doesn't make us a playoff threat, then likely bolts. Our 6th overall pick grows with the team, and is our property for minimum 7 years (3 ELC, 4 RFA), longer if he plays a year or two in Bingo. And then next year, we have another high pick.

We want a bunch of good young players, a la Edmonton, not to trade high picks for a quick fix that won't fix it, a la Toronto.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 05:36 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
Bryan Murray has gone on record as saying he wants a guy to play with Spezza
His name is Landeskog. Get it?

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 05:39 PM
Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Even though this draft is weak, if we were to get Hemsky for the 6th, there would not only be potential of him walking for nothing at the end of the season, but if he got injured, he could play less than half of a season.

6th overall pick for Colin Wilson +

Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 05:53 PM
northernKing

Moller and Voynov. Both will have a hard time cracking LA's lineup which is further along in the rebuild than Ottawa. Voynov would really help round out that young D probably giving OTT the best group of young Dman in the league with Karlsson, Rundblad, Cowen, Wiercioch and Gryba.

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 06:01 PM
The King of Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by nK View Post
Moller and Voynov. Both will have a hard time cracking LA's lineup which is further along in the rebuild than Ottawa. Voynov would really help round out that young D probably giving OTT the best group of young Dman in the league with Karlsson, Rundblad, Cowen, Wiercioch and Gryba.
Counter: Wiercioch and Silfverberg for Brayden Schenn

No? Didn't think so.

Old
05-21-2011, 06:52 PM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The King of Town View Post
Counter: Wiercioch and Silfverberg for Brayden Schenn

No? Didn't think so.
So you wouldn't do Schenn for the 6th overall? IMO Schenn> 6th overall and the two LA prospects> the two OTT prospects.

Old
05-21-2011, 06:55 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

#11 and JM Liles

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 07:17 PM
The King of Town

Quote:
So you wouldn't do Schenn for the 6th overall?
I never said that, because that was never the offer. I was countering a ludicrous offer with an equally ludicrous one.

Quote:
IMO Schenn> 6th overall and the two LA prospects> the two OTT prospects.
That's a matter of opinion, I guess. Ours differ.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on Moller if only because we lack forward prospect depth. However, I can't see anyone at all offering too much for him, certainly not in a package for the 6th pick. If Ottawa wanted to acquire a forward prospect for that pick, they could certainly do a lot better than Oscar Moller. Or they could, you know, use the pick. I realise that picks lose all value around here once they've been used, but so be it.

No interest in acquiring yet another defense prospect. As you've already noted, we're doing quite well in that department, thank you. As a point of interest, we do have to play our vets (Karlsson, Gonchar, Phillips, Carkner, even Kuba and Lee). We're not going to field a defense corps filled with rookies.

On a related note, you keep trying to offload those two players... Why is that, one wonders?

Old
05-21-2011, 07:19 PM
The King of Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen View Post
#11 and JM Liles
...Tell me, how many defensemen do you people think we're going to be putting on the ice all at once?

Karlsson
Gonchar
Phillips
Carkner
Lee
Kuba
Cowen
Rundblad
Wiercioch
Gryba

Where does it end?

We need forwards.

Old
05-21-2011, 07:51 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Here's an origonial one.

Omark + LA's 1st rounder + 31st overall.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 07:52 PM
Duddy
Everyday is

vCash: 50
re-signed Stafford or Ennis + Sabres 1st round pick?

Duddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 07:58 PM
Shanny
Let's Win It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUDDY View Post
re-signed Stafford or Ennis + Sabres 1st round pick?
If Landeskog,Huberdeau and Couturier are off the table, I would think about that one (Ennis+Buf 1st).

Old
05-21-2011, 08:10 PM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The King of Town View Post
I never said that, because that was never the offer. I was countering a ludicrous offer with an equally ludicrous one.

That's a matter of opinion, I guess. Ours differ.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on Moller if only because we lack forward prospect depth. However, I can't see anyone at all offering too much for him, certainly not in a package for the 6th pick. If Ottawa wanted to acquire a forward prospect for that pick, they could certainly do a lot better than Oscar Moller. Or they could, you know, use the pick. I realise that picks lose all value around here once they've been used, but so be it.

No interest in acquiring yet another defense prospect. As you've already noted, we're doing quite well in that department, thank you. As a point of interest, we do have to play our vets (Karlsson, Gonchar, Phillips, Carkner, even Kuba and Lee). We're not going to field a defense corps filled with rookies.

On a related note, you keep trying to offload those two players... Why is that, one wonders?
Well IMO Moller and Voynov can both play in the NHL. However with LA's depth they will be hard pressed to fill in where they would be most effective in offensive roles. Like guys like Purcell, Moulson and Boyle they just don't seem to have a place. Trust me its not because I don't have a high opinion of these players

Old
05-21-2011, 08:23 PM
gotmonte

what would you want from the rangers for the 6th pick? We have the 15th pick and PLENTY of goooood prospects.

Just be REASONABLE when you ask for player/pick. I know its hard for HF to do that but you seem to be level headed.

Just curious if we could strike a deal. I know Sather is in La Quinta right now trying to figure a way to get a good player or a great pick

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 08:34 PM
Shanny
Let's Win It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post
what would you want from the rangers for the 6th pick? We have the 15th pick and PLENTY of goooood prospects.

Just be REASONABLE when you ask for player/pick. I know its hard for HF to do that but you seem to be level headed.

Just curious if we could strike a deal. I know Sather is in La Quinta right now trying to figure a way to get a good player or a great pick
Stepan,Zuccarello,Drury(salary dump), for 6th overall+Foligno sound fair?

Last edited by Shanny: 05-21-2011 at 09:06 PM.
Old
05-21-2011, 09:44 PM
TMLOBI

I think the sens draft with their pick after trying to move up a few spots and failing. The sens did get the short end of the stick though with the lottery. If they moved up or stood pat they would have had one of:

RNH
Landeskog
Larrson
Couturier
Huberdeau

But I think by the time they pick those players will all be off the table. They will still draft a decent player and who knows maybe one of those top 5 drops to sixth.

I wonder what it takes for the caps to trade Semin in a package around the 6th overall pick?

TMLOBI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 09:54 PM
T_Cage
VP of Awesome

I offer Nazem Kadri

T_Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 10:02 PM
Shanny
Let's Win It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLOBI View Post
I think the sens draft with their pick after trying to move up a few spots and failing. The sens did get the short end of the stick though with the lottery. If they moved up or stood pat they would have had one of:

RNH
Landeskog
Larrson
Couturier
Huberdeau

But I think by the time they pick those players will all be off the table. They will still draft a decent player and who knows maybe one of those top 5 drops to sixth.

I wonder what it takes for the caps to trade Semin in a package around the 6th overall pick?
Really? you don't think the sens will be able to move up a few spots if they want to?(we have three 2nds and 21st overall) if there is a player that they really want, and is still available after colorado picks, they more then likely can move up if they so choose. Odds are at least one of New Jersey or the Isles will draft a defenceman(Hamilton or Murphy), so the sens will have a very good shot at one of Huberdeau,Couturier, or Landeskog if they do in fact choose to stay put at 6th. Not interested in Semin at all.