HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Make your top 20

Closed Thread

Old
07-16-2004, 06:55 PM
CH Wizard

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by db23
Higgins
Hainsey
Chipchura
Kostitsyn
Hossa
Perezhogin
Locke
Milroy
Michaud
Korneev
GOOD JOKE db23 !! Hainey second best prospect ?? michaud a better prospect then Danis or Halak or Heino-Lindberg? Hossa a better prospect then Perez ? Korneev our second best prospect defenceman ? anyways your list isn't very realistic IMO but everybody have their own rankings because of some reasons

Old
07-16-2004, 07:13 PM
growne

Quote:
Higgins
Hainsey
Chipchura
Kostitsyn
Hossa
Perezhogin
Locke
Milroy
Michaud
Korneev
Did you forget about Plekanec? I was positive you were very high on him... and you'd be pretty crazy to rank Milroy ahead of him. I wouldn't put it past you though

Old
07-16-2004, 07:22 PM
Belarus Rocket

Send a message via MSN to Belarus Rocket
1)Andrei Kostytsin
2)Alexander Perezhogin
3)Chris Higgins
4)Kyle Chipchura
5)Tomas Plekanec
6)Yann Danis
7)Ron Hainsey
8)Marcel Hossa
9)Cory Urquhart
10)Corey Locke
11)Maxim Lapierre
12)Ryan O'Byrne
13)Michael Lambert
14)Oskari Korpikari
15)Konstantin Korneev
16)Alexei Yemelin
17)Duncan Milroy
18)Christopher Heino-Lindberg
19)J.T. Wyman
20)Andrew Archer

Old
07-16-2004, 07:25 PM
db23

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone
GOOD JOKE db23 !! Hainey second best prospect ?? michaud a better prospect then Danis or Halak or Heino-Lindberg? Hossa a better prospect then Perez ? Korneev our second best prospect defenceman ? anyways your list isn't very realistic IMO but everybody have their own rankings because of some reasons
Hainsey - 2 year starter with U.S. NTDP, 2 year WJC rep, All Rookie, All Hockey East, and All American in 2 seasons at Mass-Lowell. 13th overall draft pick in 2000. AHL All Star rep in first pro season as a 20 year old. Top scoring rookie AHL defenceman. Top scorer in rookie camp. Started last season in the NHL ahead of Mike Komisarek, Karl Dykhuis, Patrick Traverse, and Francis Bouillon.

Michaud - Top goalie in the QMJHL as an 18 year old. Top Scholastic player in the Q. Selected to WJC team at 18. Played in NHL when he was barely 18. Will attend his third training camp as a 20 year old this fall.

Hossa - CHL All Star in his final season. Drafted 16th overall. AHL regular at 19 years of age. Has seen NHL action in 3 different seasons at the age of 22. 6-2, 220 pounds with soft hands.

Korneev - 3 year player in the RSL at the age of 19. Two time U18 player and top defenceman in 2002. Two time WJC player and top Russian defenceman in 2004. Played for Russian national team at the age of 18.

Old
07-16-2004, 07:30 PM
db23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Growne
Did you forget about Plekanec? I was positive you were very high on him... and you'd be pretty crazy to rank Milroy ahead of him. I wouldn't put it past you though
Oops, yeah, I would have him fourth or fifth on the list. But I doubt that the team will hang on to both Higgins and Plekanec. They are too much alike. With bigger centres around in Bonk and Chipchura, I think they will keep the best player between Higgins and Plekanec and perhaps trade the other.

Old
07-16-2004, 07:38 PM
Nova_Scotia_Vees

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomasPlekanec
Here's All Our Prospects Ranked By Me:

01. Andrei Kostsitsyn
02. Chris Higgins
03. Alexander Perezhogin
04. Kyle Chipchura
05. Tomas Plekanec
06. Ron Hainsey
07. Yann Danis
08. Corey Locke
09. Marcel Hossa
10. Ryan O'Byrne
11. Konstantin Korneev
12. Cory Urquhart
13. Maxim Lapierre
14. Oskari Korpikari
15. Michael Lambert
16. Christopher Heino-Lindberg
17. Jonathan Ferland
18. Alexei Yemelin
19. J.T. Wyman
20. Gregory Stewart
21. Duncan Milroy
22. Jaroslav Halak
23. Andrew Archer
24. Olivier Michaud
25. Danny Stewart
26. Mikhail Grabovsky
27. Mark Flood
28. Johan Eneqvist
29. Loïc Lacasse
30. Tomas Linhart
31. Alexandre Dulac
32. Marc-André Thinel
33. Christian Larrivée
34. René Vydareny
35. Matt Shasby
36. Ryan Glenn
37. Scott Selig
38. Jon Gleed
39. Jimmy Bonneau
Dont really think u should include Jimmy Bonneau as a prospect because he is a goon and really how can u rank him with these other players.

Old
07-17-2004, 02:59 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Hainsey - 2 year starter with U.S. NTDP, 2 year WJC rep, All Rookie, All Hockey East, and All American in 2 seasons at Mass-Lowell. 13th overall draft pick in 2000. AHL All Star rep in first pro season as a 20 year old. Top scoring rookie AHL defenceman. Top scorer in rookie camp. Started last season in the NHL ahead of Mike Komisarek, Karl Dykhuis, Patrick Traverse, and Francis Bouillon.

Michaud - Top goalie in the QMJHL as an 18 year old. Top Scholastic player in the Q. Selected to WJC team at 18. Played in NHL when he was barely 18. Will attend his third training camp as a 20 year old this fall.

Hossa - CHL All Star in his final season. Drafted 16th overall. AHL regular at 19 years of age. Has seen NHL action in 3 different seasons at the age of 22. 6-2, 220 pounds with soft hands.

Korneev - 3 year player in the RSL at the age of 19. Two time U18 player and top defenceman in 2002. Two time WJC player and top Russian defenceman in 2004. Played for Russian national team at the age of 18.
The problem they all have major hurdles to overcome.

Hainsey- Tons of skill but lacks smarts. Too many turnovers in his end, doesn't use his big frame all the well in his own end. If Hainsey can put it all together, he has the tools to be an effective NHLer, but didn't show much improvement throughout the season, his 3rd in the AHL. I still have high hopes for him due to his skill level, but I think he's still got a ways to go. I thought he looked ok in the NHL, but looked much worse in the AHL, imo. It's hard to picture AHL Hainsey from this year in the NHL next year, but if he can step up it would be huge to add another offensive weapon on the blueline.

Michaud- Top goalie in the Q? No way he's had too much trouble in the playoffs over his career. Look at his save % in '01 and '02 with Shawinigan, .887 was his best. In the ECHL he lost the starting job to the devils Slovak goalie until he was called up to Hamilton because of injuries to Fichaud and Damphousse. And while he was the backup for Team Canada, he also was the only returning player not even invited to the summer camp evaluation. The one problem I've seen in his game is that he gets beat up high, but he's got some quick feet and could turn into something down the road. He'll be a RFA this fall, I would think they will put him in the ECHL, unless they want to go with 3 goalies again in Hamilton, in the ECHL he should hopefully get a full time spot, but since we have no ECHL team currently, it's tough to say how that will work out.

Hossa- I'm a big big fan of Hossa, but I'm also very disappointed in the games I've been at, he's looked worse and worse. Still I have hopes for him, I love his wrist shot, and think it would be great to see him use it much much more. He's got a lot of holes in his game, but the biggest one is a lack of confidence imo. In Hamilton he would look to pass the puck quickly, not taking time to see his options better, not carring the puck for long, or shooting more. I thought he was doing ok in the NHL as well as Hainsey, he seemed to back check hard and do well along the boards, but I'd like to see him be a lot more physcial and intense, but I'd settle for just more intense and physical then he was in Hamilton. Although I didn't see any playoff games, so I can't say how well he did there, but he produced 2 game winning goals, hopefully the summer he shows up ready to play.

Korneev- I like as well but he's very skinny for a defensemen, it's tough to say how that will effect his game, so we'll have to wait and see till he comes over here, but he was impressive at the wjc's last year, and looked solid as a 19 year old in the RSL. He made the National team at 19, not 18, but still great to see, same with Perezhogin last year. Buturlin was 22 for his first National team debut I believe. Hopefully in a year they bring him over. He's playing in a preseason tournament in Finland with AK Bars this week.

Old
07-17-2004, 03:03 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova_Scotia_Vees
Dont really think u should include Jimmy Bonneau as a prospect because he is a goon and really how can u rank him with these other players.

Bonneau is still a Canadiens prospect, and should be ranked as a prospect, no reason not to. He was drafted for his gooness, but he's got good size and if he rounds out his game in 3-4 years, who knows. I'd be shocked if he ever played in the NHL, as his skating needs work and he could use improvement in just about every area of the game, but he had a solid year this year compared to his rookie season, and next year he should be a major part of the Rocket. He may have to spend some time in the ECHL, but I don't count out prospects until management gives up on them.

Old
07-17-2004, 04:33 PM
Sweeney

1- Andrei Kostsitsyn
2- Christopher Higgins
3- Alexander Perezhogin
4- Kyle Chipchura
5- Maxim Lapierre
6- Tomas Plekanec
7- Ron Hainsey
8- Cory Urquhart