HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

44th Obsequious Banter Thread - The Most Interesting Thread in the World

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-06-2011, 10:14 PM
  #376
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,123
vCash: 500
According to CNN, it looks like the case against Dominique Strauss-Kahn is coming apart at the seams. Not a good week for the prosecution in high-profile cases: Casey Anthony acquitted, Montreal cardiologist Guy Turcotte (who admitted to stabbing his two children to death) being found not criminally responsible for his actions, and now this.

BernieParent is offline  
Old
07-06-2011, 10:18 PM
  #377
infidelappel*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
Cesar Milan might have something to say about all this.
I actually did just read his book on 'raising the perfect puppy.'

It was highly informative, but everything about it is a very idealized how-to. It's basically, here's the best possible way to do everything if you have a dog who is perfectly even-tempered and dandy.

It really didn't provide much information on how much gray area there can be, or what to do if everything isn't totally perfect and easy to manage. I mean, it's great to have an ideal situation, but not practical for everyone.

Thanks for all of the info, though, you guys...it really helps.

Oh, and Woof, unfortunately I'm in NYC, so you wouldn't be an option, haha.

I have read a lot on the costs and amount of time and patience required for a great many things. Also, my apartment is pretty spacious - my bedroom is about 20 x 11. So eventually it would be given all of that space to play in, and after it grows comfortable in that area I could let it out into the living room which gives it about another 40 square feet to play in. I feel like, once it's properly housebroken, it would have a fair amount of room to enjoy. I'm also only a few blocks from Central Park, so we would have a lot of walks/runs and playtime there.

I really feel like I could provide a puppy with a whole lot - except for the fact that I'm tied in at work for so long every day, and could only go home to walk it once a day (for a finite period of time). It's kind of frustrating knowing that one hurdle can be such a major dealbreaker. I mean, I understand, but it's just really hard to figure out at what age, for what breed, it might be doable...if it is at all.

infidelappel* is offline  
Old
07-07-2011, 02:10 AM
  #378
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity
 
ChumpyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Country: Sami
Posts: 2,722
vCash: 500
I'm watching the replay of game 1 vs Buffalo, and can I just say Rick Tocchet is painful to listen to. It's like if John Stevens tried doing color commentary.

(edit: fairly sure it's Rick. Sounds like him anyhoo.)

ChumpyG is offline  
Old
07-07-2011, 01:07 PM
  #379
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,963
vCash: 500
Yet another question for you guys,

So I ordered a Couturier jersey off of eBay. The store was reputable and they actually have a real sporting goods store up in Quebec. So I know (well I'd like to think) that I'm not getting scammed. The jersey itself was $250 and shipping via UPS was $35, all of that was paid for. Now it was supposed to be delivered today but I find that it wasn't delivered because I owe $113 on a C.O.D. is this coming from the seller or is it from UPS due to import charges or something? I've been trying to find answers but I'm at work so the phone isnt the easiest thing to find stuff. I don't want to pay $400 for a Drummondville jersey.

__________________

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
07-07-2011, 02:50 PM
  #380
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,438
vCash: 500
I'm working with an item at work that has prongs on it. I keep typing "pronger."

FML, I'm obsessed.

JLHockeyKnight is offline  
Old
07-07-2011, 03:01 PM
  #381
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,836
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
I'm working with an item at work that has prongs on it. I keep typing "pronger."

FML, I'm obsessed.
Does it prong?


Then it is, technically, a "pronger."

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
07-07-2011, 03:04 PM
  #382
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.
 
Phileeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 4,747
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Yet another question for you guys,

So I ordered a Couturier jersey off of eBay. The store was reputable and they actually have a real sporting goods store up in Quebec. So I know (well I'd like to think) that I'm not getting scammed. The jersey itself was $250 and shipping via UPS was $35, all of that was paid for. Now it was supposed to be delivered today but I find that it wasn't delivered because I owe $113 on a C.O.D. is this coming from the seller or is it from UPS due to import charges or something? I've been trying to find answers but I'm at work so the phone isnt the easiest thing to find stuff. I don't want to pay $400 for a Drummondville jersey.
I typed the terms Couturier Jersey into eBay and got these 2 results:
Jerseys.

Now, the details seem to fit what you described quite closely and if this is who you purchased it off of I'm going to take a guess and say it an issue with the seller. I haven't had a problem with UPS or any other delivery company where a delivery charge was that far from the actual cost, but I guess it's still a possibility. I'll venture that since there is a Canada/U.S. delivery option and a separate international option (which no doubt would be pricier) something got screwed up here and this might be the source of the problem. If it is this seller you bought items for, they do have 3 negative reviews relating to S/H as well.

Phileeguy is offline  
Old
07-07-2011, 04:10 PM
  #383
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,963
vCash: 500
It's all UPS. Figured it all out. Learned my lesson to never get a package shipped from UPS from Canada to the US.

Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
07-07-2011, 07:13 PM
  #384
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.
 
Phileeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 4,747
vCash: 500
Wow, well I was off. Good to hear it's fixed.

Phileeguy is offline  
Old
07-07-2011, 07:42 PM
  #385
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phileeguy View Post
Wow, well I was off. Good to hear it's fixed.
Not exactly fixed. But at least I know I wasn't getting scammed by the Seller, just UPS.

Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
07-07-2011, 09:01 PM
  #386
Boulette Cannon
Registered User
 
Boulette Cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
It's all UPS. Figured it all out. Learned my lesson to never get a package shipped from UPS from Canada to the US.
Vice versa suck also (from US to CAN via UPS). The UPS delivery guy told me that if the seller paid for "expedited" shipping, you save about 75% of customs fees. He didn't know why, but he delivers all types of packages everyday and noticed that on all the packages.


Boulette Cannon is offline  
Old
07-07-2011, 10:38 PM
  #387
infidelappel*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,507
vCash: 500
What a punch in the dick.

I come home from the gym and decide to work on a 3D model, only to find that my desktop will not turn on at all for no apparent reason, my Maya license expired on my laptop.

Since I'm not getting any work done, I decide to install some new games I got on Steam only to find that none of them will run on my Macbook except Portal 2 - which I can't install 'cause Steam's servers are too busy.

At this point, I'm annoyed enough that I want to sleep...except that I drank too much coffee thinking I'd be up late working.

A bunch of first world problems, but **** this anyway. It's just irritating.

infidelappel* is offline  
Old
07-07-2011, 11:01 PM
  #388
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,836
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
What a punch in the dick.

I come home from the gym and decide to work on a 3D model, only to find that my desktop will not turn on at all for no apparent reason, my Maya license expired on my laptop.

Since I'm not getting any work done, I decide to install some new games I got on Steam only to find that none of them will run on my Macbook except Portal 2 - which I can't install 'cause Steam's servers are too busy.

At this point, I'm annoyed enough that I want to sleep...except that I drank too much coffee thinking I'd be up late working.

A bunch of first world problems, but **** this anyway. It's just irritating.
Why won't it turn on? If it makes no response at all, then I believe there should be a light on the motherboard that indicates if it is receiving power. If that is off, then your PSU likely went out. That's a pretty easy fix. I pulled it off and I don't really know squat about this stuff.*

*Disclaimer: I don't know squat.

Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
07-08-2011, 01:19 AM
  #389
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 47,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Yet another question for you guys,

So I ordered a Couturier jersey off of eBay. The store was reputable and they actually have a real sporting goods store up in Quebec. So I know (well I'd like to think) that I'm not getting scammed. The jersey itself was $250 and shipping via UPS was $35, all of that was paid for. Now it was supposed to be delivered today but I find that it wasn't delivered because I owe $113 on a C.O.D. is this coming from the seller or is it from UPS due to import charges or something? I've been trying to find answers but I'm at work so the phone isnt the easiest thing to find stuff. I don't want to pay $400 for a Drummondville jersey.
That's not a good idea. Watch Holgmren trade him next week.

Kitten Mittons is online now  
Old
07-08-2011, 07:09 AM
  #390
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
That's not a good idea. Watch Holgmren trade him next week.
I'm anticipating it for the lulz.

Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
07-08-2011, 07:13 AM
  #391
infidelappel*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Why won't it turn on? If it makes no response at all, then I believe there should be a light on the motherboard that indicates if it is receiving power. If that is off, then your PSU likely went out. That's a pretty easy fix. I pulled it off and I don't really know squat about this stuff.*

*Disclaimer: I don't know squat.
That's why it's all so puzzling...I disconnected the PSU and everything, unplugged everything from the wall, plugged it all back in, etc. The motherboard lights indicate power, and when I first plug it in, any USB peripherals briefly will have lights indicating power, but when I push either button (the actual switch, or the start button on the motherboard itself), nothing happens.

It's bizarre, and just suddenly started. Guess I know what my weekend will involve....

infidelappel* is offline  
Old
07-08-2011, 06:25 PM
  #392
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,836
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
That's why it's all so puzzling...I disconnected the PSU and everything, unplugged everything from the wall, plugged it all back in, etc. The motherboard lights indicate power, and when I first plug it in, any USB peripherals briefly will have lights indicating power, but when I push either button (the actual switch, or the start button on the motherboard itself), nothing happens.

It's bizarre, and just suddenly started. Guess I know what my weekend will involve....
Maybe the power button broke? That sucks.

Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
07-10-2011, 01:54 AM
  #393
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,673
vCash: 500
Can anyone recommend me some good Scotch about $50 or less? You're best and preferred bottle. I've been looking at Macallan 12 year Highland Single Malt and Glenfiddich 15 year Single Malt.

SolidSnakeUS is online now  
Old
07-10-2011, 02:23 AM
  #394
six sigma
Seahawks/Flyers
 
six sigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Washington State
Posts: 2,894
vCash: 500
I've sworn off scotch in favor of good bourbon, but in that range you can't go wrong with Highland Park or Oban.

six sigma is offline  
Old
07-10-2011, 02:30 AM
  #395
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,673
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by six sigma View Post
I've sworn off scotch in favor of good bourbon, but in that range you can't go wrong with Highland Park or Oban.
Well, technically, I have a list of different things I'd like to get myself when I get a bit extra cash, mainly because I'm ****ing tired of just either having beer (homebrew or witbier) or vodka on hand.

Let me know what you think of this list or what I should be replaced with something else:

Macallan 12 Yr Highland Scotch
Knob Creek Bourbon
Pyrat XO Reserve Rum
Mount Gay Silver Rum
Cabo Wabo Tequila Blanco
Courvoisier VSOP Cognac
Asbach-Uralt German Brandy

EDIT: Apparently I might not be able to get Asbach-Uralt in this state.


Last edited by SolidSnakeUS: 07-10-2011 at 02:36 AM.
SolidSnakeUS is online now  
Old
07-10-2011, 02:45 AM
  #396
six sigma
Seahawks/Flyers
 
six sigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Washington State
Posts: 2,894
vCash: 500
As far as the scotch goes, each of the several regions are pretty distinctive from one another, so try a couple from each! (Islay, Speyside, lowland, etc.) and the McCallan-12 is a Speyside I've had that suited just fine. I like the highland stuff most myself, a group that includes Oban and Glenmorangie.

Can't comment on rum since I hate it or tequila since it makes me an ornery little ******* but Knob Creek is a fine choice for bourbon; personally I am really a fan of Maker's Mark. Delicious.

six sigma is offline  
Old
07-10-2011, 02:51 AM
  #397
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,673
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by six sigma View Post
As far as the scotch goes, each of the several regions are pretty distinctive from one another, so try a couple from each! (Islay, Speyside, lowland, etc.) and the McCallan-12 is a Speyside I've had that suited just fine. I like the highland stuff most myself, a group that includes Oban and Glenmorangie.

Can't comment on rum since I hate it or tequila since it makes me an ornery little ******* but Knob Creek is a fine choice for bourbon; personally I am really a fan of Maker's Mark. Delicious.
So I can't go wrong with MaCallan 12 Highland, Oban or Glenmorangie for when it comes to Scotch? Also you would recommend both Knob Creek and Maker's Mark then?

Also, some of these drinks, more with the bourbon and scotch, would be great to just relax and drink, and wouldn't need anyone to be around to enjoy it with, even though I'd like to do it with more people. Would just like to spread out what I have and have more variety to enjoy.

SolidSnakeUS is online now  
Old
07-10-2011, 03:19 AM
  #398
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.
 
Phileeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 4,747
vCash: 500
I've got some Pyrat XO Reserve in my kitchen liquor cabinet right now. I'm not a big rum drinker, but I kinda like this one. But even from what limited brands of rum I have tried I can say this rum is quite unique, and is quite good.

Phileeguy is offline  
Old
07-10-2011, 12:03 PM
  #399
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,836
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Can anyone recommend me some good Scotch about $50 or less? You're best and preferred bottle. I've been looking at Macallan 12 year Highland Single Malt and Glenfiddich 15 year Single Malt.
Blended Scotch isn't terrible either. Johhny Walker Red and Famous Grouse are both good.

Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
07-12-2011, 01:03 PM
  #400
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,836
vCash: 156
Lend me a hand, anonymous internet friends!

I need a new digital camera. I'm looking to pay between 300-350 bucks, and thinking of something like this: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Canon+-+...&skuId=1218378

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Beef Invictus is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.