HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nabokov, Hannan, Ekman, Toskala and Parker to meet the arbiter

Closed Thread

Old
07-16-2004, 01:44 AM
vilpertti

vCash: 500
Nabokov, Hannan, Ekman, Toskala and Parker to meet the arbiter

ESPN reports Nabby, Hannan, Ekman, Toskala and Parker will be headed to the arbitration, while Primeau decided against it.

I think this is good news. At least it guarantees they will be in camp..

Old
07-16-2004, 04:52 PM
SJPuckPlayer

I dunno... given Ekmans good season, he may get a favorable ruling. However given his crappy playoffs, DW may not decide to accept it. Should be interesting.

Old
07-16-2004, 08:19 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPuckPlayer
I dunno... given Ekmans good season, he may get a favorable ruling. However given his crappy playoffs, DW may not decide to accept it. Should be interesting.
Ekman won't get more than 2.5, so you shouldn't worry about it

Old
07-16-2004, 08:59 PM
dumpnchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPuckPlayer
DW is not going to let Ekman walk, this isn't Boston (the only team to ever walkaway from arbritation rulings) and Ekman isn't going to be given a contract that will put a strain on the Sharks budget.

The only thing that I am worried about is there is no such thing as a good arbritation hearing and I don't want to see the Sharks and these players fall pit against each other and say things which are truly desgined to damage the other's case and sometimes it can do a lot (i.e. Salo vs. Isles).

Old
07-16-2004, 09:05 PM
jpsharkfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpnchase
DW is not going to let Ekman walk, this isn't Boston (the only team to ever walkaway from arbritation rulings) and Ekman isn't going to be given a contract that will put a strain on the Sharks budget.

The only thing that I am worried about is there is no such thing as a good arbritation hearing and I don't want to see the Sharks and these players fall pit against each other and say things which are truly desgined to damage the other's case and sometimes it can do a lot (i.e. Salo vs. Isles).

D. Wilson had originally said that if a player filed for arbitration he would not continue negotiations with them. He has obviously reconsidered this and is now saying that he will continue negotiations with the players until the 15th. Let's hope that Wilson can come to terms with all 5 players before they are pitted against each other.

Old
07-16-2004, 09:24 PM
dumpnchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsharkfan
D. Wilson had originally said that if a player filed for arbitration he would not continue negotiations with them. He has obviously reconsidered this and is now saying that he will continue negotiations with the players until the 15th. Let's hope that Wilson can come to terms with all 5 players before they are pitted against each other.
He said that? I must have missed it, that is very suprising because that is liking saying that if you listen to your agent I won't deal with you and things like that just cause problems between the GM and the player since the GM is telling the player "it's my way or the highway".

Old
07-16-2004, 11:22 PM
X-SHARKIE

Send a message via AIM to X-SHARKIE
I remember saying Doug WOuldn't stop negotiatings my self.

I think it's good that Nabby and Hannan are going to the arbiter because it means they'll be signed done and done.

Closed Thread