HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Profiles: 2004 Draft Picks

Closed Thread

Old
07-26-2004, 07:48 PM
Serena587

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Wey
The ratings can help on deduce who got edited out, but they were:

Tom Cavanagh
Aaron Gill
Steven Zalewski
Craig Valette
Tero Maatta

I was hoping to have all players ranked above 5.0 included, especially the ones not named Tero Maatta, because they really are VERY close qualitatively. Maatta would have been nice because he's coming off of his best SM-Liiga season. I hope he backs it up with an even better 2004-05. It'd be nice to see Maatta on Espoo's first or second defense pairs all season. Late in the season he was used to balance out younger defensemen like Pelkonen and Jalasvaara.

I also had a paragraph for Rissmiller, Plihal and Kotyk, all created before the draft. (Each had their own paragraph) None of these were even submitted with the article in the final form. I made a paragraph for Kotyk for my own records for future tracking. Rissmiller and Plihal now also exist in the version with unsubmitted paragraphs for my own records.

So I have a bit of a Top 30, although it's hard to say whether or not I'd place a guy like Michael Vernace ahead of Rissmiller and Plihal in the top 30.
Sorry, I thought you were going to post what you wrote about the guys who got left out. Mostly, because of this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Wey
Oh, also, a few players got edited out of the Just Outside the Top 20. If anyone wants, I will post it in a thread so you can get a little more info and my rationale on a few prospects that got edited out by my editor.

Closed Thread