HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How far can the Sharks push this series?

View Poll Results: How far can the Sharks push this series?
Game 6 18 11.61%
Game 7 53 34.19%
It's over 84 54.19%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-22-2011, 05:10 PM
rn277
Playoffs Please?

vCash: 500
How far can the Sharks push this series?

discuss

canucks fans please don't vote in this poll, would like to get an idea among sharks fans

rn277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 05:12 PM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

I predicted they'd win in 7, so I'm sticking to it.

KpopandHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 05:13 PM
Bizz06
#FireDougWilson

If the Canucks can choke away a 3-0 series lead to the 8th seed that had no business even making the playoffs, Then I am fully confident they can come back and push this series to 7 Games.

Bizz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 05:14 PM
SJSharkzie

They can make this game a series. If the sharks play the way I know they can, they can beat the Canucks 3 games in a row. Now, will it happen is a completely different question.... No more mistakes can be tolerated, and in a series where the Sharks are making mistakes as often as a kindergartener picks his/her nose... it is not looking good.

SJSharkzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 05:16 PM
USF Shark
Z˘ion politik˛n

Sharks can beat the Canucks. We can get this to game 7, and hopefully win!

Old
05-22-2011, 05:20 PM
5H4RK5

IF they can score on the PP, play every period like it's a game 7, Niemi eats a puck in the mouth then I think we have the Nucks at our mercy.

5H4RK5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 05:24 PM
rangerssharks414

Sticking with my prediction of Canucks in 5.

I know I'm being a downer, but despite the better even strength play today, they still lost because of penalties. They have to be better disciplined, and they have to take advantage of their power plays. Thornton may not be 100% either.

rangerssharks414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 05:27 PM
CommanderShepard15
Eberle=Clutch

if they play like they did in the third, which they should, we can still win.

if we play like we did in the second, well they can go **** themselves

CommanderShepard15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 05:29 PM
Nighthock
**** the Kings...

I said done in 5 and I'm stickin' to it ... Conference Finals are our kryptonite.

Nighthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 05:36 PM
KzooShark

KzooShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 05:38 PM
everton

I think this series can get to 7 games if Thornton is not hurt. Vancouver have had problems closing out game 5s and San Jose will be playing extremely desperate. Have to take it one game at a time and not look at it winning three in a row.

everton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 05:41 PM
magic school bus

we didnt get swept this time, so we're getting better.

Canucks in 5. SJ doesnt have "it." and there's no chance Vancouver blows another big series lead. maybe next year we'll come back with some kind of a killer instinct.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 05:42 PM
sjshrky27

If the Sharks would have at least made a game out of this, I would say its possible. But with the preformence today, and JT possibly out. Stick a fork in em, there done...

sjshrky27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 05:43 PM
Pinkfloyd

Until the team can stop making silly mistakes and start making good, simple, and hard decisions with their puck play offensively, they will never see consistent enough play to beat the Vancouver Canucks.

No more reaching with your sticks. No more trying to be subtle with your cheating. No more trying to go through skates and sticks with passes. No more keeping the pucks to the perimeter when you have an opening to penetrate the defense.

They need to get pucks and move them out. They need to gain the red line and chip it in. They need to win battles along the boards and start putting pucks at Luongo's feet and driving the net. They had more than enough opportunities in the first two periods especially on their power plays and they kept trying to make the perfect play to set up the perfect goal. How they ran their power play in the first three was the polar opposite of today.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 05:46 PM
irregardless
Registered Dummy

I didn't really believe they would come back in this series after losing Game 2. By then, that was six inconsistent games, five of which they lost, so I felt like the team had lost its momentum.

They might be able to win Game 5 out of desperation but I don't see them getting to Game 7.

irregardless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 05:51 PM
RainbowDash
20% Cooler

Don't have an answer now. Will have to see if Thornton plays.

However, we need to start thinking about asset protection. Demers is a loss on the blueline, but right now I'm glad he didn't come back. We need him 100% next year because he is going to be a big factor in next year's season.

Couture, well, we need him to stay with Papa bear. Would prefer him resting otherwise.

Clowe, we need Papa bear to be better for next year. We don't want his injury nagging him into camp.

I don't know what to say about Thornton's injury yet.

RainbowDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 05:52 PM
McSkittlez
Jumbo Trollton

As far as they can push themselves too.

McSkittlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 05:59 PM
Squeeven

I voted 7 games but that depends on 5 things.

1. If the Sharks treat every game for the rest of the playoffs like its game 7, not just game 3.

2. If the Sharks go back to what they were doing on the power play, and score some goals.

3. If they stop literally handing the Canucks 5 on 3 power plays which literally killed them.

4. If the Sharks play full 60 minute games like they want to win and play hard the whole game, not just in the 3rd.

5. If Pavelski, Heatley, Setoguchi, Mitchell and Wellwood show up! If those guys show up, hell they could force the Stanley Cup coming to San Jose!

Squeeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 06:18 PM
Eighth Fret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizz06 View Post
If the Canucks can choke away a 3-0 series lead to the 8th seed that had no business even making the playoffs, Then I am fully confident they can come back and push this series to 7 Games.
except chicago has jesus toews and had a hell of a psychological edge on vancouver. they were confident...even in game 4, where they blew van out. they made statements.

the sharks have shown zero confidence this round. i don't think it's fatigue from the detroit series.. i think it just finally caught up to them that they almost blew a 3-0 lead.

Eighth Fret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 06:18 PM
Tkachuk4MVP
23 Years of Fail

Take away the penalties and we win this game, and I'm confident that that's exactly what will happen in at least one more game. If we can get it back to the Tank then all bets are off. Two teams have already come back from down 3-1 to win a series, and two others came back from down 3-0 to force a Game 7. We can do it too.

Tkachuk4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 06:21 PM
TrappedInFullerton
Murray SMASH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachuk4MVP View Post
Take away the penalties and we win this game, and I'm confident that that's exactly what will happen in at least one more game.
Exactly, if the Sharks stop getting into 5 on 3 trouble, they owned the Nucks the last two games. If they can carry that to Vancouver for Game 5, and then back here for Game 6, they could take this to 7.

TrappedInFullerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 06:22 PM
USF Shark
Z˘ion politik˛n

it's not a matter of "can we" because the fact is we have to. We're in the land of "no alternatives" right now

USF Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 06:49 PM
Verviticus

I didn't vote, but here are my thoughts as a Vancouver fan

The sharks can win three games in a row against any team - hell, any team can win three games in a row against any team, but at this point I can't say I'd expect it.

If you rebooted the series, the Sharks would have a really good chance at taking the best of seven though, because you can see that despite floundering at the start and not catching on how to deal with Vancouver's speed and style of play, they've got it now. Unfortunately for them, they will need three games called favorably (and I don't mean getting ref bias, but rather not getting **** calls against them) and we've seen it demonstrated that its simply not going to happen for either team. The officiating has been so bad that even if the Sharks are the better team for however many games left, they are not going to get the breaks needed.

Really, it worked out that Vancouver only needed to win two games on even ground (tactically) and San Jose needed to win four. Also, if Joe's hurt as it seems he may be (I haven't followed up on this) I'd say their chances go from slim to nil.

My original prediction was, from a vancouver standpoint, win win loss win loss win and I'm thinking that's still the most likely outcome.

Verviticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 07:08 PM
Winky

I think if Sharks win game 5, we have a good chance of taking 6 (just my 'gut' feeling). Then game 7 is up for grabs.

But hell, who knows with this team.

Winky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 07:14 PM
winnipegjet10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winky View Post
I think if Sharks win game 5, we have a good chance of taking 6 (just my 'gut' feeling). Then game 7 is up for grabs.

But hell, who knows with this team.
The Sharks and Bruins have pissed me off immensely these playoffs. Both teams are great when they skate and forecheck. Both are inconsistent. Just when you think they are gaining the momentum, they give it right back with a lazy effort. Ya, the sharks outshot the canucks badly, but how many decent scoring chances did they have?

I hope the Sharks show some sack on Tuesday.

winnipegjet10 is offline   Reply With Quote