HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 4. Canucks 4 - Sharks 2

Old
05-22-2011, 10:30 PM
jwhitesj

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrizzleFry22 View Post
I'd like the NHL to check to see if he has a pair to make sure he can play in the men's league. What a ***** after the **** he pulled last Friday. He is the only American player I am ashamed of, he has tremendous skill and heart but still acts like a pansy.
I just want to say that I really like your nerdy avatar. It makes me laugh..

jwhitesj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 10:31 PM
Great One

Quote:
Originally Posted by exchequer View Post
Kesler claiming he got sucker punched (http://blogs.mercurynews.com/sharks/...-to-canucks/):

'Kesler disagreed.

“Head shot,” he told NHL.com. “Sucker punched me. Didn’t expect it and hopefully the league looks at it.”'

I'd like to hear his take on his actions at the end of game 3.

Kesler is such a pu**y. My 2 year old could throw a harder punch than Clowe hit Kesler with. I think Kesler is a great player but it's cowardly actions like in tonight's game that have me hating the guy so much. Players like him and Lapierre don't deserve to win a cup and that is the main reason i'm cheering for the Sharks in this series. He goes around mouthing off and taunting the bench when he scores then dives and embellishes when he gets hit. If you're going to play such a cowardly game you shouldn't be surprised if other players take offence to it. Kesler just passed Avery and Subban in my most hated players list.

Great One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 10:34 PM
exchequer

Quote:
I'd like the NHL to check to see if he has a pair to make sure he can play in the men's league. What a ***** after the **** he pulled last Friday. He is the only American player I am ashamed of, he has tremendous skill and heart but still acts like a pansy.
wonder if his coach can confirm that for us..they sound awfully similar

exchequer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 10:34 PM
Eighth Fret

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhitesj View Post
Sadly, I think our window is closing rapidly. Thornton, Marleau, Boyle, Heatley, and Nichol are all going to be 1 year older next year. Will Setoguchi, Pavelski, Clowe, Vlassic, Murray, or Demers improve?...I don't really think so, I think they have reached their potential. Will Couture improve? It's hard to expect somone who has allready been as good as he as to improve but it's possible I guess. McGinn and Desjardins may show some improvement but I'm not expecting them to do much more then they are now. Can we bring someone in that will keep the window open? I don't think any trades the Sharks can do will make sence for now or the future. The last 4 years the Sharks have had a great oppurtunity every year, but I just don't think it's going to continue. Other teams are getting better while were kind of staying stagnent and getting older.
I agree with this, except for what you said about Couture. He will improve.

Kings are only going to get better. Van will be as good or maybe a bit worse if they lose defenseman. Chicago will be better. I think we have 1 more year where we can legitimately make a run, and that's it.

Eighth Fret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 10:41 PM
jwhitesj

Kind of OT: Does anyone know the name of the song they play when the Sharks come out for warm ups? The Techno Pop song.

Old
05-22-2011, 10:43 PM
The Architect
When weasels fly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by exchequer View Post
shark blew leads in game 1 and game 2. and didn't wake up in time for game 4.
Game 1 and 2 we did NOT deserve to win. It would have been great to steal game 1, but we didn't.

I'm not sure why, but I'm just not that down on this team like years of past. We have a pretty good team, don't forget that!

We're playing the BEST team in the league, I'm just sad we couldn't do it with both lineups being healthy - but also take note that that is a playoff lesson - whoever makes that saying of "team x played bad because they got rust" is full of it. If we beat the wings in 4 or 5 we would have still had Demers, and a lot less bumps and bruises. That's the biggest disappointment to me. But hell, the Wings are a great team too.

Tweaks are what it will take, and getting help in the RIGHT areas for once (hint: team speed and defense).

The Architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 10:45 PM
KzooShark

Quote:
We're going to end up getting the silver medal from the 2010 games stripped by the IOC for letting an obvious woman play on the men's hockey team. Great.

KzooShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 10:45 PM
ISharkted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eighth Fret View Post
I agree with this, except for what you said about Couture. He will improve.

Kings are only going to get better. Van will be as good or maybe a bit worse if they lose defenseman. Chicago will be better. I think we have 1 more year where we can legitimately make a run, and that's it.
The Kings are going to be scary lethal.

ISharkted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 10:47 PM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny2134 View Post
All those awards and such are completely worthless on the ice. When the puck drops, no opponent gives a damn who has what award, who is a finalist for this, that etc.

All the above is fine and dandy, but once the puck drops it is totally irrelevant.
Not taking anything away from the Canucks .. they are a good team. That being said .. all these rewards are based on the regular season. This means absolutely nothing come playoff time.

Fistfullofbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 10:48 PM
Karl with a C
RIP Локомотив

vCash: 990
What are our chances? I've been mulling this question over. We have a chance to win this series.

But how about Niemi ****ing steal us a game like the countless goalies that have stolen games FROM us over the decades?

How about all of our forwards actually play to expectation at the same time and CONSISTENTLY? I'm looking at you Heatley.

How about we show some god damn heart and pride in all 3 zones, up and down the lineup?

If these things happen we have a CHANCE. Not a guarantee. Historically speaking: we're ****ed.

Karl with a C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 10:51 PM
The Architect
When weasels fly...

Quote:
Sadly, I think our window is closing rapidly. Thornton, Marleau, Boyle, Heatley, and Nichol are all going to be 1 year older next year. Will Setoguchi, Pavelski, Clowe, Vlassic, Murray, or Demers improve?...I don't really think so, I think they have reached their potential. Will Couture improve? It's hard to expect somone who has allready been as good as he as to improve but it's possible I guess. McGinn and Desjardins may show some improvement but I'm not expecting them to do much more then they are now. Can we bring someone in that will keep the window open? I don't think any trades the Sharks can do will make sence for now or the future. The last 4 years the Sharks have had a great oppurtunity every year, but I just don't think it's going to continue. Other teams are getting better while were kind of staying stagnent and getting older.
Nichol will be gone for sure, but we still have time. Seriously, take some time to relax. We're not done, all our core players are great to build around, and we DO have room for improvement.

The Architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 10:54 PM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper Archetype View Post
... Historically speaking: we're ****ed.
History will be made????

Sorry .. couldn't resist. Gotta take whatever humor we can get.

Old
05-22-2011, 10:55 PM
Eighth Fret

Quote:
What are our chances? I've been mulling this question over. We have a chance to win this series.

But how about Niemi ****ing steal us a game like the countless goalies that have stolen games FROM us over the decades?
Nemo stole us game 1. If we had put forth even a decent effort, we could've won that one, but we didn't. That's why I don't buy any of the "this year is different" ******** about this team anymore. The Canucks all but gave us games 1 and 4 and we gave them right back. Absolutely horrible.

Eighth Fret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 10:58 PM
Karl with a C
RIP Локомотив

vCash: 990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eighth Fret View Post
Nemo stole us game 1. If we had put forth even a decent effort, we could've won that one, but we didn't. That's why I don't buy any of the "this year is different" ******** about this team anymore. The Canucks all but gave us games 1 and 4 and we gave them right back. Absolutely horrible.
It may be semantics, but I mean "steal us a game" meaning singlehandedly win us a game we have no business winning. Like Craig Anderson last year, or Jonas Hiller the year before. There's always one it seems.

I want that for the Sharks.

Karl with a C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 11:02 PM
Negatively Positive
Save us Tomas!

Quote:
Making it to the conference finals is also a pretty deep run and I don't know if they have the energy to make it to at least the conference finals for three years in a row. The top players are getting older. Although I guess those early golfing trips in previous years help the wear and tear

Negatively Positive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 11:04 PM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

I think (and am really hoping) that the series is far from over. Each of our next 3 games is going to be a game 7 and needs to be played like one.

Whether it be injuries, tiredness or just heart .. we have not showed up for this series. Its not over till its over and I am not ready to pack my bags yet. Hope the players feel the same way.

Old
05-22-2011, 11:10 PM
MadmanSJ
Know Your Onion!

I think the Sharks will go to game 7.

MadmanSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 12:21 AM
sjshark91

Sounds like I didn't miss anything. Hopefully they can push this to game 6.

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 12:28 AM
ramstoria

Thorton says he will be playing in game 5.

ramstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 12:30 AM
jwhitesj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramstoria View Post
You talked to him?

Old
05-23-2011, 12:30 AM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Still doesn't rule out that he isn't 100%. I don't have hope but he is the only one that can make the difference on this team. We'll see.

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 12:32 AM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
It may be semantics, but I mean "steal us a game" meaning singlehandedly win us a game we have no business winning. Like Craig Anderson last year, or Jonas Hiller the year before. There's always one it seems.

By these standards, a goaltender can't steal a game because he still requires his team to score goals.

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 12:33 AM
irregardless
Registered Dummy

Quote:

I think he stole us a couple from Detroit. Also, what do you expect from him? The way the Sharks have been playing so far, he'd have to steal every single game for them to win this series.

irregardless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 12:33 AM
Tkachuk4MVP
24 Years of Fail

Quote:

I could barely get through this with a straight face. What exactly are you basing this on? Marleau had a career high in goals at 31, Thornton is playing the best playoff hockey of his life at 31, Boyle has been fantastic for us the 3 years he's been here and he was between 32 and 35 during that time. And yet Vlasic (24) who has taken great strides in the last couple of years, and Demers (22 for Christ's sake!) who has already improved by leaps and bounds over his last couple of seasons have already "reached their potential"??? Moreover, Clowe was a monster for us until he got hurt and he's still in his 20s, Pavs (26) was just on the US Olympic team and scored 66 points with 3rd line wingers, Gooch (24) already has 3 20-goal seasons under his belt, Murray seems to be getting better and better every year. And last but not least Couture, who is only 21!!! and yet you think it's "hard to expect (him) to improve"? Step away from the ledge buddy. I know it's tempting to judge the team solely based on what's happened the last couple of weeks, but we still have a very good core to build around if we don't win the Cup this year.

Tkachuk4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 12:35 AM
Winky

Quote:
Anyone have a link showing what happened to Thornton late?

Winky is offline   Reply With Quote