HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Philly - Vanc

Old
05-23-2011, 12:13 AM
phlocky

vCash: 500
Philly - Vanc

This trade idea came about from discussions in another trade proposal and would be a follow up to trading Carter to Atl/Win for Bogo + 1st. I was wondering if Vanc would be interested, if the deal was about even, and what would need to be added to even it out if it isn't. Here it is:

To Vanc - Braydon Coburn
To Philly - one of Hodgson, Schroeder, or Rodin

I think he'd be of interest for the Canucks blueline but I'm not certain. Personally, I think the Canucks would need to add a little seeing how none of those prospects has proven anything at the NHL level yet but maybe I'm over-valuing Coburn and under valuing the Canucks prospects.

Also, before Philly fans go all ape **** over trading Coburn, if we get Bogo from Atl then we could afford to trade Coburn. My proposal for a new Flyers lineup would see us trade/let walk Carter, Coburn, Carle, Carcillo and Boucher from the current lineup and replace them with Hodgson/Schroeder/Rodin, Wellwood/Nodl/Rinaldo, Bogo, Gustafsson, and Vokoun (at 5 mil and that should be enough to get him). We'd also have about 2-2.5 mil left under the cap to sign a cheap vet dman if we aren't comfortable with Gustafsson on the bottom pairing.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 12:19 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Big Brock

Vancouver would have to get rid of Ballard first. Besides, that's probably too much for Coburn.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 12:21 AM
CM-

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
This trade idea came about from discussions in another trade proposal and would be a follow up to trading Carter to Atl/Win for Bogo + 1st. I was wondering if Vanc would be interested, if the deal was about even, and what would need to be added to even it out if it isn't. Here it is:

To Vanc - Braydon Coburn

I think he'd be of interest for the Canucks blueline but I'm not certain. Personally, I think the Canucks would need to add a little seeing how none of those prospects has proven anything at the NHL level yet but maybe I'm over-valuing Coburn and under valuing the Canucks prospects.

Also, before Philly fans go all ape **** over trading Coburn, if we get Bogo from Atl then we could afford to trade Coburn. My proposal for a new Flyers lineup would see us trade/let walk Carter, Coburn, Carle, Carcillo and Boucher from the current lineup and replace them with Hodgson/Schroeder/Rodin, Wellwood/Nodl/Rinaldo, Bogo, Gustafsson, and Vokoun (at 5 mil and that should be enough to get him). We'd also have about 2-2.5 mil left under the cap to sign a cheap vet dman if we aren't comfortable with Gustafsson on the bottom pairing.
I would say Schroeder + a pick or a depth D (ie. Rome/Alberts (though he is a UFA)/Parent) would probably be the better bet of the two as I know Gillis is very high on Rodin and Hodgson (Rodin was in consideration for Gillis in the 1st round if Schroeder hadn't of dropped).

I would really want Coburn on our D if he is available.

I was also considering making a proposal if you guys lost out on Vokoun/Bryz of Luongo and something (not sure what) for Coburn and Hartnell (or another of your forwards that might be available).

CM- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 12:46 AM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM- View Post
I would say Schroeder + a pick or a depth D (ie. Rome/Alberts (though he is a UFA)/Parent) would probably be the better bet of the two as I know Gillis is very high on Rodin and Hodgson (Rodin was in consideration for Gillis in the 1st round if Schroeder hadn't of dropped).

I was also considering making a proposal if you guys lost out on Vokoun/Bryz of Luongo and something (not sure what) for Coburn and Hartnell (or another of your forwards that might be available).
I'd pobably trade Coburn and Hartnell for Luongo. I can't really see a down side for us. With Luongo in net I can live with losing Coburn on the blueline. Honestly, Versteeg is probably a better fit for you both cap wise and need wise than Hartnell but if I got to pick, I'm sending you Hartnell and keeping Versteeg, but that's just my opinion.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 01:12 AM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:

Are you high? Why on earth would Vancouver trade Luongo? He's finally proving he can get it done in the playoffs, not a chance Vancouver trades Luongo this off-season none at all.

Anyway regarding the O.P no thanks, would rather keep the asset and use the cap space to re-sign Ehrhoff and Bieksa,

Horvat2Virtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 03:31 AM
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it

Van doesn't really need Coburn... we want to re-sign Bieksa and Ehrhoff who both seem to want to stay here.. Vans better keeping them or one of them and not trading a young prospect like Hodgson.

BLAME CANADA* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 03:57 AM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

No real need for Coburn.

The Canucks have a bunch of D in the NHL on long term deals.

What they need is D prospects, or Wing prospects or picks... or possibly a young, power forward type.

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 04:45 AM
GCM
Stork

Last off season I would've been for something like this but now we've got a surplus of D.

I still like Coburn but at the moment there's no need from Vancouver's side.

You should try striking a deal with San Jose. They're in need of defense so Coburn would be a good starting point to try to land one of their prospects such as Charlie Coyle.

GCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 04:51 AM
Tiranis

Vancouver has absolutely no need for Coburn.

Tiranis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 09:32 AM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡ ᴥ͡)

Since no one else has said this (), Vancouver has no need for Coburn. Our prospect pool is weak as it is, and getting rid of our top prospects is pointless in a trade like this.

Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 11:26 AM
danhamuis10

To Philly
- Cody Hodgson
- Roberto Luongo
- Mikael Samuelson
- 1st round pick in 2011

To Vancouver
- James Van Riemsdyk
- Jeff Carter
- Danny Briere

danhamuis10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 11:32 AM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhamuis10 View Post
To Philly
- Cody Hodgson
- Roberto Luongo
- Mikael Samuelson
- 1st round pick in 2011

To Vancouver
- James Van Riemsdyk
- Jeff Carter
- Danny Briere
You forgot to offer something of value...

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 11:36 AM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡ ᴥ͡)

Quote:
To Philly
- Cody Hodgson
- Roberto Luongo
- Mikael Samuelson
- 1st round pick in 2011

To Vancouver
- James Van Riemsdyk
- Jeff Carter
- Danny Briere
Makes absolutely no sense for Vancouver (and Philly).

Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 11:37 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
To Philly
- Cody Hodgson
- Roberto Luongo
- Mikael Samuelson
- 1st round pick in 2011

To Vancouver
- James Van Riemsdyk
- Jeff Carter
- Danny Briere
You're basically getting an entire top line for a Top-3 goalie and some spare parts (not saying that Hodgson/Samuelson/Picks are scrap, but compared to the pieces coming from Philly, that's pretty fair actually). The Flyers get reamed.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 11:38 AM
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob

Quote:
To Philly
- Cody Hodgson
- Roberto Luongo
- Mikael Samuelson
- 1st round pick in 2011

To Vancouver
- James Van Riemsdyk
- Jeff Carter
- Danny Briere
no thanks...

Also no way I'd trade Coburn for one of those prospects. If we get Bogo that hardly makes Coburn expendable, Bogosian has had some off years and could still turn into a bust. We'd finally have a solid defense that could handle the retirement of Timonen and/or Pronger in the years to come. Coburn, Meszaros, Bogosian are a solid three men to build around.

Philadelphia Ducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 02:43 PM
ted1971
History Of Hockey

Quote:

To Vanc - Braydon Coburn

Why would the Flyers trade Coburn, especially for someone not named Schneider in the deal? Braydon isn't going anywhere, it will be Carle who is the one who gets dealt.

ted1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 02:58 PM
tuckrr

why move coburn (a guy who likes to play in philly)
and try to get bogosian (which is a lofty goal)
when coburn will continue to play/develop for us at a very reasonable price.

also, trading carter for bogosian is not the way for us to win the cup.
carle HAS to go at this point...so does hartnell (maybe even leino/timonen)

If we moved Hartnell + Timonen, we could sign brad richards and brygalov...that'd seriously make us a contender next year.

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 03:00 PM
tuckrr

Quote:
To Philly
- Cody Hodgson
- Roberto Luongo
- Mikael Samuelson
- 1st round pick in 2011

To Vancouver
- James Van Riemsdyk
- Jeff Carter
- Danny Briere
lol, why not take giroux + richards, you forgot them

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 03:20 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
why move coburn (a guy who likes to play in philly)
and try to get bogosian (which is a lofty goal)
when coburn will continue to play/develop for us at a very reasonable price.

also, trading carter for bogosian is not the way for us to win the cup.
carle HAS to go at this point...so does hartnell (maybe even leino/timonen)

If we moved Hartnell + Timonen, we could sign brad richards and brygalov...that'd seriously make us a contender next year.
Why do the Flyers need Brad Richards? I feel like expensive forwards is the last thing that Philly is looking for right now.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 03:21 PM
Bryz4shiz

I think trading Coburn would be a gigantic mistake for this team right now. He's an excellent shutdown d-man who steps up his game in the playoffs.

Bryz4shiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 03:32 PM
Kagee*

Schroeder maybe, but lol no way Hodgson gets traded for that, he's here for the long term, unless the ol' HF cliche - something miraculous comes MG's way that he can't turn down.

However I'm sure we can re-sign CE and KB then trade Ballard.

So no space for Coburn, unless we can't somehow re-sign Bieksa, but I cannot see that happening.

Kagee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 04:02 PM
FLYERSxGIROUX28

Quote:
I'd pobably trade Coburn and Hartnell for Luongo. I can't really see a down side for us. With Luongo in net I can live with losing Coburn on the blueline. Honestly, Versteeg is probably a better fit for you both cap wise and need wise than Hartnell but if I got to pick, I'm sending you Hartnell and keeping Versteeg, but that's just my opinion.
I can. Luongo's cap hit, work ethic, and lack of playoff numbers. no thank you to luongo.

FLYERSxGIROUX28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 04:47 PM
TheBigTicket

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSxGIROUX28 View Post
I can. Luongo's cap hit, work ethic, and lack of playoff numbers. no thank you to luongo.
cap hit is 5.3mil (Hartnell + Boucher) i'd rather have a bonafide number 1 goalie than those two players especially with phillys forward depth

harddest working guy on the team not named kesler.

out of the 4 goalies left, he has the best numbers

he was amazing last night and his team is one win away from the SCF

the flyers need a goalie, being from mike richards hometown i consider myself a flyers fan in some capacity and i am sick of watching the flyers lose playoff games cause bad goaltending. there has not been a great goalie on this team since hextall and i for one hope this offseason is the time to change that

now is luongo the answer? no cause he isnt available

but if the flyers have an oppurtunity to get a number 1 goalie whose cap hit is 5.3 mil and has a SCF appearance and maybe a cup, then they would be foolish not to pounce.

thank god ur not in charge of the flyers

TheBigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 11:33 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:

Seriously?!! Want Loungo and you'd be giving up Giroux/JVR and Coburn + . You realize your talking about one if the best goalies in the world right?!! And I'm an Avs fan l

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 01:51 AM
CM-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Seriously?!! Want Loungo and you'd be giving up Giroux/JVR and Coburn + . You realize your talking about one if the best goalies in the world right?!! And I'm an Avs fan l
Yes... Seen I've been following the Canucks since 1989. It's not that I feel Luongo is a bad goalie. It is the fact I feel the drop off from Luongo to Schneider is not as big as some are making it. And I would be willing to invest it into solidifying our D more so. (Especailly if Ballard asks for a trade) and having a solid young D core of Edler/Coburn/Hamhuis (with Tanev a legit option as a regular) under the age of 29 I figured that would be beneficial and more affordable to fitting in Ehroff and Bieksa in the off-season.

I also know Goaltenders rarely get what they are valued at 5 years ago with got Roberto Luongo (with Lukas Krajicek and Sergei Shirokov) for Todd Bertuzzi (at the start of his drop-off from all-star level play), Bryan Allen (a solid top 4 shutdown D) and Alex Auld (a good backup).

So maybe I asked for too little as If I asked for his actual value Philly fans would be say Way too much for Reboundo.

Yes Luongo has been at times stellar and given us goaltending that is adequate to win pretty much every game in these play-offs. As I stated earlier in this post I was looking at it as I do think Schneider has potential to be a very good goalie and I don't think they would have a drop-off in stats if he was the our Number 1.

CM- is offline   Reply With Quote