HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Atl/Winnipeg players

Old
05-23-2011, 02:55 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by atl thrasher344 View Post
Do you have any links to that? Obviously all I know is local stuff, but I thought it was going well and then just never got completed.
ESPN 1000 in Chicago was talking about Ladd (Bringing him back of course) when Byfuglien deal happened (Him re-signing with Thrashers) and the talk was that Ladd was not certain about the future at time

So really more speculation and probably something out of there ### but the fact he never signed especially when Buff has already re-signed does raise a few eyebrows

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 02:58 PM
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
ESPN 1000 in Chicago was talking about Ladd (Bringing him back of course) when Byfuglien deal happened (Him re-signing with Thrashers) and the talk was that Ladd was not certain about the future at time

So really more speculation and probably something out of there ### but the fact he never signed especially when Buff has already re-signed does raise a few eyebrows
Well Byfuglien was riding the biggest surge of possibly his career. There was no reason to not sign for him. Ladd was still proving that he could be captain material and a good goal-scorer for the team. Just my thoughts. Also, I assume that Byfuglien didn't care as much as if the team moved, but Ladd wanted to see what happened before signing long-term.

atl thrasher344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 03:04 PM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Probert Owns You View Post
I think you are severely inflating the value of Bogo. If you are thinking multiple 1sts and a top-tier prospect, it ain't gonna happen.

My thought with the Wings proposal would be to give Winnipeg/ATL a top-6 forward, a good defense prospect (Kindl is the 2nd best d-prospect in the Wings system), and a mid-round pick.

I can see you saying that the 4th round pick shouldn't be included, but I don't know how much more Bogo will get on the market. You might possibly get a 1st rounder for him, but with no additional NHL-ready players, or top-notch prospects.

If he's not traded, you run the risk of him leaving as a UFA.
Hudler and Kindl do nothing for ATL/WPG/MTB. They will try to get something with much more potential than that before they settle for that kind of deal.

AugustBurnsRed* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 03:10 PM
Peter Griffin

Being from Canada, would Ladd not embrace a move to Winnipeg? I guess if he really wants to play for a winner right now, he could want out, but he's also already got two cup rings. He's the captain and focal point of a franchise that appears to be on the rise, I would think that would be a situation he'd want to be in?

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 04:30 PM
Huffer

vCash: 1090
Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustBurnsRed View Post
Hudler and Kindl do nothing for ATL/WPG/MTB. They will try to get something with much more potential than that before they settle for that kind of deal.
Bingo! Especailly in regards to Hudler.

IF Detroit wanted to make a serious pitch for Bogo, the types of players that Atlanta would want would be young players with many more years before they are UFA.

Think Kindl, Smith, Tatar, Sheahan, etc.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 04:33 PM
Huffer

vCash: 1090
IF Ladd and / or Wheeler wanted out of a move to Winnipeg, the organization would be in the drivers seat in any deal.

Both of these guys are RFA's. They do not hold the cards (at least for this year).

Unless someone would like to suggest that Ladd would pout and hold out for a year?

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 04:47 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Stupid question. Who did the Winnipeg natives support after the move to Phoenix? Was it still Phoenix? Did it become Minnesota (eventually), Calgary, Edmonton, Detroit, or just random teams?

And, are the Winnipeg natives immediately jumping ship and supporting the Jets/Moose?
I stayed with the Franchise all this time and even if the Thrashers move to Winnipeg, I will not abandon the Coyotes.

I can see myself becoming a fan of both Teams as the thrashers have some pretty nice pieces to build a winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus Fulgur View Post
From what I can tell from comments from the players:

1.) Byfuglien liked Atlanta genuinely, but he knew that he'd be going be near his home when he signed the long term deal. He's happy.
2.) Bogosian has homesickness issues. He won't be happy in Winnipeg, and he was mopey in Atlanta.
3.) Ladd and Wheeler will be looking for a way out. Wheeler already considers his stint in ATL as an audition.
4.) Little, Burmistrov, and especially Kane will be happy to be in a hockey town. Kane will be thrilled to be in Canada.
5.) Thorburn will demand a trade. He just signed a three year deal and bought a big house in ATL that needs a tonne of work (the whole bottom floor is gutted). His family has just gotten their roots down, and love Atlanta. Trade to Nashville??? Same for Boulton. Plus, Thorburn is on the record saying "It makes a guy mad" that the owners are trying to "dump" them.
6.) Mason and Pavs should be fine with the move. Especially Mason.
7.) Anthony Stewart tweeted that he wanted to be in Atlanta over "Any Place Else"
So he just bought a house??? He can buy an equally nice house in Winnipeg and besides if he's so in love with Atlanta, why would Nashville or anywhere else be acceptable seeing that it isn't Atlanta.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 05:02 PM
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland

Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
So he just bought a house??? He can buy an equally nice house in Winnipeg and besides if he's so in love with Atlanta, why would Nashville or anywhere else be acceptable seeing that it isn't Atlanta.
Because it's a lot closer and he could spend more time at home with his family?

atl thrasher344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 05:09 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnycanuck13 View Post
what would Winnipeg want from Vancouver in exchange for Ladd's rights?
I think the team would do everything in their power to retain their Captain, but if they had to move him, I propose ....

To Vancouver - Ladd (signed)

To Thrashers - Schneider and one of Hansen or Raymond (our choice)

Personally I like Hansen.

Old
05-23-2011, 05:14 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
I think the team would do everything in their power to retain their Captain, but if they had to move him, I propose ....

Depending on Ladd's contract demands, that's something that could interest Vancouver. Also depends on if Ladd and Kesler can put their issues behind them, which I'm sure would be possible. Would probably need to be Raymond going the other way for salary issues.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 05:15 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl thrasher344 View Post
Because it's a lot closer and he could spend more time at home with his family?

Does not have to keep that house. He can move his family to Winnipeg with him. No law against that.

Hockey players should realize that no matter what, aside from No move movement clauses etc. that moving is a part of their careers. Why get overly attached to a house/area. Wait until your career is over to actually settle down in whatever part of the country/continent that you choose.

Old
05-23-2011, 05:19 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

I cannot see any players refusing to play in Winnipeg.

-Byfuglien, Wheeler and Stuart are all from Minnesota.
-Hainsey and Antropov are overpaid anyways. Even if they want to leave, it'll be hard finding a team willing to take them.
-Kane, Stewart, Schremp and Little all seem like they're fine with it based on their tweets and/or interviews.
-Burmistrov, Cormier, Klingberg, Zubarev and Postma probably don't care where they play, as long as it's in the NHL.
-Maxwell and Stapleton are fringe NHL players anyways.
-Ladd and Bogosian are RFAs, but I'm sure they'll sign if offered enough money (just like other top RFAs in less desirable markets - ex. Nash in Columbus, Weber in Nashville, Staal in Carolina, etc)
-Oduya and Slater are UFAs in 2012. If they don't like Winnipeg, they'll walk away UFAs next year.

WJG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 05:27 PM
Magnus Fulgur

Quote:
Does not have to keep that house. He can move his family to Winnipeg with him. No law against that.

Hockey players should realize that no matter what, aside from No move movement clauses etc. that moving is a part of their careers. Why get overly attached to a house/area. Wait until your career is over to actually settle down in whatever part of the country/continent that you choose.
They know that, of course. How would you feel signing a three year deal and getting a house and have your team move out of the blue less than two months later?

Lecture us on that...

Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 05:45 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

It's a reality of the business. Accept it. That's how I would feel. Not gonna stomp my feet and make demands without ever giving the new place a chance. That's just childish and unprofessional.

Old
05-23-2011, 05:56 PM
Johnnycanuck13

Quote:

You guys would have interest in C. Schneider? Even with Pavalec? I would do Raymond and Schneider for Ladd, Ladd would look great alongside Kesler.

Johnnycanuck13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 06:19 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
It's a reality of the business. Accept it. That's how I would feel. Not gonna stomp my feet and make demands without ever giving the new place a chance.
You are not him. I have no idea how he feels (and I suspect nobody else on these boards does either) but, he doesn't have to accept anything that he doesn't want to.

Richie Daggers Crime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 06:37 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Quote:

You have to give up way more to get a player of Ladd's quality.

Schneider is not need because Pavelec is the man.

Thrashers will ask for Burrows.

Peter Sidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 06:51 PM
IafrateOvie34

This Caps fan would love to have Ladd on the team. He has 2 Stanley Cups and leadership for his age. It is hard to believe he is so young still. I remember wanting to draft him or trade up for him. If Atlanta keeps or Winnipeg gets the Thrashers, they are getting a young group of talent that was developing a good rivalry with the Caps. I use to follow the Jets franchise as my second team until Numminen finally left Phoenix. Lots of memories watching Caps games then turning on the Jets games, especially on Saturdays. I'm wondering about the league alignment. I would love for Columbus to come to the Eastern Conference.

IafrateOvie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 07:06 PM
blueandwhiteforever9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan View Post
You have to give up way more to get a player of Ladd's quality.

Schneider is not need because Pavelec is the man.

Thrashers will ask for Burrows.
to be honest, i didnt know Ladd had that much value. I know he's a playoff preformer in the sense he plays the type of 3rd line role that every team needs to win the Stanley Cup, and he's arguably one of the best in league in that role.. but Raymond is IMO a good top 6 winger who would play a vital role on Winnipeg going forward. On top of that, you get Schnieder as a young backup who could challenge for the #1 role (unless im underrating Pavelec).

Also, you could easily flip Schneider to Philly for Versteeg +.

Vancouver will definitely need to overpay to get Ladd cuz they will be a division rival soon and they know how much the Canucks would want him on their team (especially if they play Chicago in playoffs again). I just think from a Thrashers point of view, your getting alot of value for a great 3rd line player but going forward getting 2 young players like Raymond and Schneider is a good return.

blueandwhiteforever9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 07:11 PM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

... third line player? Only on a stacked Hawks team.

AugustBurnsRed* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 07:31 PM
blueandwhiteforever9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustBurnsRed View Post
... third line player? Only on a stacked Hawks team.
True, I didn't know he was playing on your top 6, i guess its similar to the Leafs situation where we had Versteeg playing in our top 6. Ladd is better than Versteeg, but I still think Ladd would be better suited as a 3rd line player (or on a team like Vancouver where if he plays with Kesler on the 2nd line, like mentioned above, he'd find good chemistry) and someone like Raymond is more suited for a top 6 role.

Old
05-23-2011, 07:39 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go

Haven't Ladd already said his not gonna sign if the team is moved?

Last edited by AwesomePanthers: 05-23-2011 at 07:46 PM.
AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 07:42 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandwhiteforever9 View Post
True, I didn't know he was playing on your top 6, i guess its similar to the Leafs situation where we had Versteeg playing in our top 6. Ladd is better than Versteeg, but I still think Ladd would be better suited as a 3rd line player (or on a team like Vancouver where if he plays with Kesler on the 2nd line, like mentioned above, he'd find good chemistry) and someone like Raymond is more suited for a top 6 role.
A 29 goal scorer is better suited as a 3rd line player?

BigTuna49 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 08:05 PM
blueandwhiteforever9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
A 29 goal scorer is better suited as a 3rd line player?
just looked up his stats.. i should have done that before hand cuz i didnt know he was playing in their top 6, never mind having 29 goals. i'll take what i said back, i guess i made those comments based on the fact i had him in my playoff pool last year and he was a 3rd line player who did everything it takes to win but at the end of the day was not a point producer. I have a good idea what kinda numbers most players put up this year, but I didn't even hear much about him during the season. Underrated player?

he put up great numbers on a new team (like Macarthur did). i still think Schneider and Raymond for Ladd is a fair deal value wise, but i understand why thrasher fans want to hold onto Ladd.

Old
05-23-2011, 08:28 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Bogo is from WNY right? So that means either Toronto or Buffalo only?
bogo grew up a sens fan i believe. massena is really close to the canadian border south of ottawa.

ecemleafs is online now   Reply With Quote