HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XXI (All non Habs related news here)

Closed Thread

Old
05-14-2011, 11:54 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
The Out of Town Thread part XXI (All non Habs related news here)

Continue here.

This is the link for part XX

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=910121

05-15-2011, 12:25 AM
windycity

is this where I come to cheer the Ruins losing?

what ********* franchise, I hate them so much

Last edited by PyrettaBlaze*: 05-15-2011 at 12:52 AM. Reason: filter bypass
Old
05-15-2011, 12:50 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
I've found a kindred spirit.

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=3...&postcount=204

Old
05-15-2011, 12:53 AM
PyrettaBlaze*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
Awesome. I'm glad people are finally seeing how pathetic Boston really is.

Old
05-15-2011, 01:01 AM
Protest the Hero

LOL at the bruins fan coming into the last thread to defend sucker punches, as if if hasn't happened multiple times this year from the same guy.

Old
05-15-2011, 02:24 AM
Corky

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Awesome. I'm glad people are finally seeing how pathetic Boston really is.
Hummm, this post hurts more than anything....See how the poster talks about Boucher. Yeah, we could have had that.

Old
05-15-2011, 03:53 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

So sick of all the Bruins avatar around here... Can they lose yet?

Old
05-15-2011, 07:37 AM
jlgib21*

I didn't realize how good Tampa is. 1-12 forwards are all a more talented and skilled version of the habs. And their defense looks pretty mobile,and are capable and not scared to clear the net front . Not to rub salt in it,but Boucher can coach,and I would have loved to see him in Montreal,along with Steve Y. He really relates to the players,has a good type of emotion,and doesn't play not to lose.
Oh,and BTW,the west will win the cup.

Old
05-15-2011, 07:46 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgib21 View Post
I didn't realize how good Tampa is. 1-12 forwards are all a more talented and skilled version of the habs. And their defense looks pretty mobile,and are capable and not scared to clear the net front . Not to rub salt in it,but Boucher can coach,and I would have loved to see him in Montreal,along with Steve Y. He really relates to the players,has a good type of emotion,and doesn't play not to lose.
Just curious...have you ever made one post that wasn't bashing the habs or a post which didn't say that tampa and boston are better than the canadiens(and no I'm not arguing that they're not, though I wouldn't argue that the bruins are that much better than the canadiens)??

Old
05-15-2011, 07:56 AM
jlgib21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Just curious...have you ever made one post that wasn't bashing the habs or a post which didn't say that tampa and boston are better than the canadiens(and no I'm not arguing that they're not, though I wouldn't argue that the bruins are that much better than the canadiens)??
When you are constantly battling for the last playoff spot and end up around 14th-18th every year,there a re usually some better teams,non.I don't see how praising Tampa,admitting I was wrong about them,and wishing for upgrades is bashing habs. You are a very uptight and sensitive person. Chill. it's too early to already be riled up. Go to church,have a beer,or meditate.And please stop trolling me

Old
05-15-2011, 08:01 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
When you are constantly battling for the last playoff spot and end up around 14th-18th every year,there a re usually some better teams,non.I don't see how praising Tampa,admitting I was wrong about them,and wishing for upgrades is bashing habs. You are a very uptight and sensitive person. Chill. it's too early to already be riled up. Go to church,have a beer,or meditate.And please stop trolling me
If anything your trolling this entire forum with your negative posts.

You must be a pretty miserable person, because I don't think I've ever seen you with a positive thought without adding a scenerio where it could turn into a negative.

Old
05-15-2011, 08:20 AM
jlgib21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
There's not much to be happy about when you are approaching 20 years without a final appearance. our youth and prospects looked better in 07-08 than they do now. we were rated right at the top.Now not so high.when we have a contender like in 07-08,or like last years playoffs,i'm all about positive.Now,i don't see a1st rd exit positive.

Old
05-15-2011, 08:49 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
If anything your trolling this entire forum with your negative posts.

You must be a pretty miserable person, because I don't think I've ever seen you with a positive thought without adding a scenerio where it could turn into a negative.
OK you want negative guys? I 've seen the Habs win like 12 cups. Now, I am turning into a vampire, the world is turning dark, and it's hard to get a good beer. All is darkness and despair.

OH, And the Sun's going to explode 8 million years from now. Do you know how hard it's going to be to keep the Habs going after the Sun explodes? Don't even start.

Now THAT'S a neg post guys. Lay off the slightly neg guys, they are fans too.

Cheers. Habs are getting better. With health next year, and Carey, I think we are a threat.

Old
05-15-2011, 08:55 AM
Andy

Quote:

It seems like the only person who can't have a discussion is you since you always make childish remarks towards posters who challenge you has is indicated by the bolded part of your post.

I'd understand being mad/frustrated(or wtv word you wanna use) if the team has had the same core for the last 7-8 years, but it hasn't. The truth is the team revamped it's entire core just two years ago and in that time it has trended upwards despite missing three extremely important players. We pushed a team(boston) who is supposedly to be so much better than the habs(according to you) to the limit where they barely squeaked out with series win despite being completely healthy and the habs being almost completely depleted.

Despite what people say, we actually battled the entire year for 3rd place almost the entire year.

Like i said, I never said tampa wasn't a better team. But when you bring them up all you talk about is Boucher and Yzerman, which insinuates that you're critiquing the habs in the sense they ought to be our coach and GM. I never see you talk about the fact that they have incredible pieces to work with already(Hedman, Stamkos, Lecavalier, St.Louis), three of those 4 players are 10x better than any player we have on our team and it's a lot easier to inherit a team with three stars, than to inherit a crumbling piece of crap that Andre Savard, Gainey and Gauthier have.

Old
05-15-2011, 09:01 AM
bsl

Exactement. Let's give Stevie Y 5 years with retiring stars and low draft picks. And Guy Boucher as well. Then we can judge.

Old
05-15-2011, 09:33 AM
Patccmoi

Quote:
Wow, did you see Tampa play other games than one where the Bruins served them 3 goals on a plate and then just crumbled?

I mean, this whole '1-12 forwards are more talented and skilled version of the habs' is a joke, sorry. Their top 4 is better than our top 4, no doubt about that, they also have 2 1st overall pick in them. And their defense looks great when they have a 3 goal leads, but there's a reason why TB usually either wins 5-1 or lose 5-1. They're highly inconsistent in that regard.

I also prefer Boucher to Martin, like 95% of the people do, but the timing was just bad to get him. I don't think that when the Habs got him in Hamilton they expected other teams to offer him an NHL job the very next year, that very rarely happens to opposing teams AHL coaches, and it's hard to fire the guy that just took you the the ECF for the first time in over a decade with key injuries and a whole new core to the team.

As for Steve Y, sure he did a good job, but he also started with lots of cap space, #1 and 2 picks to the last 2 drafts (and the #6 pick that he used this year), and previous star players like Lecavalier who were just massively underperforming. I don't think people realize just how much they have been helped in a sense by the massive failures of the previous management. They had a much better team than what their position showed, but their key players were so unmotivated by the total lack of brain showed by their management that they just stockpiled top picks and added other star players to their star players, with nearly no bad contract because they were operating at the cap floor (only real bad contract is Lecavalier really, but at least when he decides to play now he might be overpayed, but he's still a very good player).

Boucher and Yzerman landed in an incredibly good situation for them. Young super-stars, veteran super-stars, tons of cap space, absolutely no expectation for the team. Whatever happened except a total collapse they would look good. And a total collapse would've landed them yet ANOTHER top pick, so they would've been in an even better position in the following years. The Lightning currently are just like the Pens, the Hawks and the Caps, benefiting hugely from a system that encourages having an absolutely pathetic management for many years in a row.

Let's compare Montreal to TB when we're not missing 2 D in our top 4 and one of our top winger, ok?

Old
05-15-2011, 10:04 AM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patccmoi View Post
Wow, did you see Tampa play other games than one where the Bruins served them 3 goals on a plate and then just crumbled?

I mean, this whole '1-12 forwards are more talented and skilled version of the habs' is a joke, sorry. Their top 4 is better than our top 4, no doubt about that, they also have 2 1st overall pick in them. And their defense looks great when they have a 3 goal leads, but there's a reason why TB usually either wins 5-1 or lose 5-1. They're highly inconsistent in that regard.

I also prefer Boucher to Martin, like 95% of the people do, but the timing was just bad to get him. I don't think that when the Habs got him in Hamilton they expected other teams to offer him an NHL job the very next year, that very rarely happens to opposing teams AHL coaches, and it's hard to fire the guy that just took you the the ECF for the first time in over a decade with key injuries and a whole new core to the team.

As for Steve Y, sure he did a good job, but he also started with lots of cap space, #1 and 2 picks to the last 2 drafts (and the #6 pick that he used this year), and previous star players like Lecavalier who were just massively underperforming. I don't think people realize just how much they have been helped in a sense by the massive failures of the previous management. They had a much better team than what their position showed, but their key players were so unmotivated by the total lack of brain showed by their management that they just stockpiled top picks and added other star players to their star players, with nearly no bad contract because they were operating at the cap floor (only real bad contract is Lecavalier really, but at least when he decides to play now he might be overpayed, but he's still a very good player).

Boucher and Yzerman landed in an incredibly good situation for them. Young super-stars, veteran super-stars, tons of cap space, absolutely no expectation for the team. Whatever happened except a total collapse they would look good. And a total collapse would've landed them yet ANOTHER top pick, so they would've been in an even better position in the following years. The Lightning currently are just like the Pens, the Hawks and the Caps, benefiting hugely from a system that encourages having an absolutely pathetic management for many years in a row.

Let's compare Montreal to TB when we're not missing 2 D in our top 4 and one of our top winger, ok?
Outstanding post

You said it all.

Now that being said, I am a temporary TBL fan until the Bruins are history for the season.

And can't happen soon enough.

Although I was thinking that I've got to give the Bruins points for bringing hate back into hockey. I actually felt a satisfying emotion watching Boston lose last night... unlike watching the Western teams play.

Old
05-15-2011, 11:47 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
What happened during the moment of silence for Boogaard? I missed the entire start and first period.

Old
05-15-2011, 12:04 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
What happened during the moment of silence for Boogaard? I missed the entire start and first period.
Some Bruins fans booed and were chanting "Rangers suck"....

Old
05-15-2011, 12:08 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Some Bruins fans booed and were chanting "Rangers suck"...
You cannot be serious?

Wait, these are the people that think Pacioretty faked it and were hoping that he was actually dead.

Old
05-15-2011, 12:10 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Some Bruins fans booed and were chanting "Rangers suck"...
As much as I hate Bruins fans, I think it was just some idiots chanting "boooo" for Boogard, even though they specifically asked for a moment of silence. I didn't hear the rangers suck part, I was too busy shaking my head at their half a second of silence.

Old
05-15-2011, 12:12 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
You cannot be serious?

Wait, these are the people that think Pacioretty faked it and were hoping that he was actually dead.
They must think Boogard is faking death. Maybe Rangers didn't confirm with Dr Recchi. I didn't see the beginning either I started watching about two minutes in. I am to the point I don't watch the start of Bruin games because CBC is so pro Bruin I don't want to listen to their drool.

Old
05-15-2011, 12:44 PM
Patccmoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Habitats View Post
As much as I hate Bruins fans, I think it was just some idiots chanting "boooo" for Boogard, even though they specifically asked for a moment of silence. I didn't hear the rangers suck part, I was too busy shaking my head at their half a second of silence.
And it's just some idiots that were booing the US national anthem in Montreal. Doesn't prevent the Bruins fans and media to make a big deal out of it and bringing it up every single time they want to say how horrible Montreal is (which is whenever they talk about hockey).

Old
05-15-2011, 12:45 PM
Gustave

In case anyone still doesn't know how "strong hockey players" are Lucic and his bromance buddy Horton:

Old
05-15-2011, 01:00 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustave View Post
In case anyone still doesn't know how "strong hockey players" are Lucic and his bromance buddy Horton:
Horton should be suspended plain and simple. But you know that won't happen. When the powers that be are in cahuts with the team, nothing will be done. The Bruins have a pass on anything that would get other teams suspended. I'm so sick of their crap. It's not tough hockey, its pure crap. Play tough...yes, play dirty and get away with it is another thing.

Closed Thread