HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles' Football (NFL discussion)

Closed Thread

Old
09-12-2011, 07:25 AM
Hollywood Couturier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApeZilla View Post
Yeah, though your back up RB did well (forgot name, too tired to look it up - srsly, if firefox didn't remember my password this post woulnd't even exist) if Jackson stays in that game it's totally different. Your whole team was going down every other drive with injuries, best of luck this year.
Yeah, Cadillac is a nice runner. But Jackson is one of the better RB's in the league.

Bradford went out with a injury to his hand after hitting and Eagles players helmet.

Amendola is most likely done which is sad because he was going to be a Wes Welker for us this year.

Just hope they don't embarass themselves on Monday night against the Giants. Which they didn't look good either.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
09-12-2011, 07:54 AM
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic

Send a message via AIM to might2mash
If Jackson hadn't gone down and the Rams receivers caught some of the balls right on their hands then it could have been a very different game. Eagles definitely began to play more cohesively on both sides of the ball as the game progressed, but still a lot of room for improvement.

Old
09-18-2011, 01:11 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Curious what Eagle fans are thinking of Danny Watkins pick?

As an outsider it looks bad with him not starting an all while rest of the OL from 1st round are starting

Really looks from an outsiders POV like a wasted pick

Old
09-18-2011, 01:51 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Curious what Eagle fans are thinking of Danny Watkins pick?

As an outsider it looks bad with him not starting an all while rest of the OL from 1st round are starting

Really looks from an outsiders POV like a wasted pick
It's almost impossible to analyze. He was the starter all through preseason I believe. But Howard Mudd is so set in his ways, he has his types of players...and because of that our OL looks like a Picasso right now.

I believe Watkins is a good OL and will start soon (this year or next). I wasn't thrilled with the pick at the time, and now Solder looks spectacular for NE. But I've warmed up to him. He just needs a shot.

Old
09-18-2011, 03:35 AM
Rick Deckard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
It's almost impossible to analyze. He was the starter all through preseason I believe. But Howard Mudd is so set in his ways, he has his types of players...and because of that our OL looks like a Picasso right now.

I believe Watkins is a good OL and will start soon (this year or next). I wasn't thrilled with the pick at the time, and now Solder looks spectacular for NE. But I've warmed up to him. He just needs a shot.
Mudd got his contract before Watkins was picked, he surely was part of that selection.

The short offseason and the transition from left tackle to right guard are the reasons that Watkins doesn't start yet. I think DeVan is just a stop gap until Watkins is ready.

Old
09-18-2011, 04:21 PM
mercury

We will need to stomp out the Skins when we play.

Old
09-18-2011, 05:55 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Sigh FOX can be so annoying at times. Romo makes a nice throw and the announcers talk about how he came back from an injury and playing well and "good to see a young guy come out and do that".

They know Romo is 31 right? Hardly young in football years.

Old
09-18-2011, 10:50 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Our defense blows...wow. Vick hurt = kinda expected. Kafka did really well though. Maclin had a good game but then killed us with the easy pass and no catch.

Old
09-18-2011, 10:50 PM
flyershockey

vCash: 50
I thought their redzone defense was supposed to be better this year? Typical loss for an andy reid team, mental mistakes...

Old
09-18-2011, 10:59 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Our defense blows...wow. Vick hurt = kinda expected. Kafka did really well though. Maclin had a good game but then killed us with the easy pass and no catch.
The defense played fine. They did an excellent job attacking numerous times but its still a work in progress. Two picks and like 7 sacks doesn't happen to a defense that blows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
I thought their redzone defense was supposed to be better this year? Typical loss for an andy reid team, mental mistakes...

Its not gonna happen the second ******* week of the season. Atlanta got lucky as ****.

Old
09-18-2011, 11:03 PM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 673
I thought the defense played well at times, its the lb's that are what kill them. They cant cover Te's. I put this loss on the coach.

Old
09-18-2011, 11:04 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
The defense played fine. They did an excellent job attacking numerous times but its still a work in progress. Two picks and like 7 sacks doesn't happen to a defense that blows.

Its not gonna happen the second ******* week of the season. Atlanta got lucky as ****.
Atlanta was five for five in red zone chances. That can not happen, especially to a defense with that much talent. Regardless, the turnovers were ultimately what cost them tonight.

Old
09-18-2011, 11:04 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
The Eagles biggest problem is that despite outplaying the Falcons, they lost because pretty much any deficiency was exposed at the wrong times.

Tony Gonzalez owned Jamar Cheney the entire night, and Juan Castillo never tried to make a change there. That is inexcusable.

Old
09-18-2011, 11:06 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Honestly, Chainy had a severely worse game than Matthews.

Old
09-18-2011, 11:07 PM
Chicken Chaser
Zaphod Beeblebrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post

Atlanta isn't very good despite their inflated record last year. Matt Ryan might be the most over rated QB south of Mark Sanchez in the NFL.

Old
09-18-2011, 11:14 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Since Vick has a concussion and looks to be out for atleast the next game, who do you go with next game? Kafka or Young?

twitter:

Quote:
Reid said that Young is getting closer, but didn't indicate if he'll be ready this coming week or not.
adam cap

Old
09-18-2011, 11:17 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Chaser View Post
Atlanta isn't very good despite their inflated record last year. Matt Ryan might be the most over rated QB south of Mark Sanchez in the NFL.
The way I saw that is that the Falcons lost to the 4 best teams they played. They beat the Packers and Saints, but lost to them - at home - when they had to play them again. Ryan won't make the mistakes Sanchez will, and I defend Sanchez a fair amount of the time.

Old
09-18-2011, 11:22 PM
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.

Games that the Eagles lose that they should win often irritate me, especially when the same guy is behind the wheel year after year making a lot of the same mistakes. I can't stand watching his press conferences after losses anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
I thought the defense played well at times, its the lb's that are what kill them. They cant cover Te's. I put this loss on the coach.
Yep, but you can only use who you've got at LB. And then there's the O-line that's been letting Vick get killed for 2 games straight. I gotta put this one on the GM.

What's that? Howie Roseman is just GM in name only and Reid still has final say on personnel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Chaser View Post
And east of Romo?

But in all seriousness, I hope Kafka is up to the task because Vick might be out for a while, you can never be 100% with concussions. I didn't mind signing Vick, even with that contract. But for Christs' sake if you're going to invest that much in a franchise QB, find better ways to protect him. It's like buying a Bugatti and driving it through an active war zone.

Old
09-18-2011, 11:25 PM
Chicken Chaser
Zaphod Beeblebrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
The way I saw that is that the Falcons lost to the 4 best teams they played. They beat the Packers and Saints, but lost to them - at home - when they had to play them again. Ryan won't make the mistakes Sanchez will, and I defend Sanchez a fair amount of the time.
Yup. They play well rounded football for sure. But good teams can figure them out with a second changce once they're on film against one another.

*bold - I think that's because neither of them cannot throw down field with accuracy/strength, and checksdown most of the time. Most of their plays are designed around that as well. Hope the defense holds and the running game can keep other teams honest, against most teams it can work, and ESPN will always eat up the young trendy QB.

Old
09-19-2011, 07:36 AM
ApeZilla

Send a message via AIM to ApeZilla
I actually went to bed when Vick went down, I've seen Andy Reid in games like this.

It's odd, they have always had an easier time coming back than holding a 4th quarter lead.

more than odd though, it's really aggravating and as much as I think Andy is a reallly great coach, I think both parties need a change of pace and scenery.

And the team this year, is exciting and flashy - but they will not be winning a SuperBowl. They can only stop the run with 8 in the box, which means unless they guess right, it's like 6-7 ypc - then play action (which we saw eat them last night, especially when the TE's were selling run block)

Old
09-19-2011, 09:30 AM
PuckBoy33

Will Coach Reid . . .

Throw Vick under the bus like he did Kolb last year? I mean, Vick now has a concussion . . .does he make Kafka his number one QB (the old Big Red switcheroo)? Hey, and don't forget how AR threw Akers under the bus after that Green Bay game last year.

Old
09-19-2011, 12:01 PM
kicksave27

With all the hype about the secondary, the falcons seemed to pass at will towards the end of the game. That and nobody could cover Gonzales, which is normal.

Vick had them up 10 points before he went out, and the D lost the game.

Old
09-19-2011, 04:43 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Robinson only gets a fine for his hit on Maclin. I think Colin Campbell has unearthed himself under the alter-ego "NFL Disciplinarian"

Old
09-19-2011, 10:22 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Let's see if this fine gets cut in half. I'm betting it doesn't.

09-20-2011, 09:17 AM
4thline4life
The Mased God

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
The Eagles biggest problem is that despite outplaying the Falcons, they lost because pretty much any deficiency was exposed at the wrong times.

Tony Gonzalez owned Jamar Cheney the entire night, and Juan Castillo never tried to make a change there. That is inexcusable.
you mean the offensive line coach turned d coordinator didn't make an adjustment...shocker

Closed Thread