HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles' Football (NFL discussion)

Closed Thread

Old
09-25-2011, 02:39 PM
BringBackStevens

vCash: 500
Great play call with a fresh qb in there

This team is not very good

Old
09-25-2011, 02:52 PM
Amaro out

vCash: 230
It is what it is.

Old
09-25-2011, 02:53 PM
Gibbs18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackStevens View Post
Great play call with a fresh qb in there

This team is not very good
They are good. They suck because of the lockout. They changed so much **** about this team and they had almost no time to teach the ways. They have no chemistry. The offense QB/RB/WR/TE should do good but the O Line and the whole defense has no chemisty. Watch after week 8 they will be amazing.

Edit: LOL Kafka just tanked Pierre-Paul

Old
09-25-2011, 02:57 PM
Amaro out

vCash: 230
fat **** needs to go.

Old
09-25-2011, 03:04 PM
Phileeguy
39.904N 75.168W

I don't like to use the lockout as an excuse for their suckitude, and if I ever hear anyone from the Eagles organization use it I'll blow my lid. Even though the teams that shook up things the most in the offseason may be at a bigger disadvantage, every team went through the lockout and the ones that shook things up knew they'd have less time to figure things out.

I do think they can be good, but they're not showing it more through personnel than being coached up, especially at the aforementioned LB and Safety positions. O-line has been getting better, but with Vick with a broken bone in his hand and probably being out for a few weeks it might be too late. These losses will probably come back to bite them in the ass, they always do.

Offensive play calling has always been a mess though, as well as a bunch of other problems. All issues in the end point to Reid. I'm sure he'll give the standard "Gotta put them in the right positions" BS, but the only position I care about anymore is the unemployment line for him.

Old
09-25-2011, 03:20 PM
bennysflyers16

Vick is glass !!! ****ing laughing stock fatty has assembled.

Old
09-25-2011, 03:51 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 552
Juan Castillo is awful. Zero in-game management.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
09-25-2011, 03:54 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Juan Castillo is awful. Zero in-game management.
I agree. Clueless in Philadelphia. For that undermanned giants team to come in here an kick ass is sad. Way to go Dream Team

Last edited by Hockeypete49: 09-25-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old
09-25-2011, 03:56 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
This defense misses to many tackles.
No Linebackers and no safeties on this team.

Old
09-25-2011, 04:14 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Rumor is Vick is out 2-3 weeks. Wonder who is the starter now.

Old
09-25-2011, 06:15 PM
kicksave27

So what do you do against a team with the best CB's in the league. Um, run, abuse the LB's in coverage and win.

Old
09-25-2011, 06:47 PM
4thline4life

does anyone else picture Castillo getting his plays by playing Madden 12 on the sidelines and hitting the Ask Madden button? sure seemed like it today.

Old
09-25-2011, 07:09 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbs18 View Post
They are good. They suck because of the lockout. They changed so much **** about this team and they had almost no time to teach the ways. They have no chemistry. The offense QB/RB/WR/TE should do good but the O Line and the whole defense has no chemisty. Watch after week 8 they will be amazing.

Edit: LOL Kafka just tanked Pierre-Paul
They aren't. The Eagles won throughout the 00's with a strong offensive line and solid skill players. Now they have a below-average offensive line with elite skill players. Defensively, they're strong on CB and DE, DT is ok, and everything else is terrible.

I'm thrilled we signed a ton of big names this offseason, but this is a really bad team. Part of me is thrilled because it SHOULD be Reid's last season if he can't win with this all-pro team. But most of me realizes the smugness of this organization, the "I'm always right and we know what we're doing at all times" attitude...Reid will be there til death.

And I'll be rooting for the Lions and Bills.

Old
09-25-2011, 08:48 PM
Mr.Krinkle
Hello there children

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksave27 View Post
So what do you do against a team with the best CB's in the league. Um, run, abuse the LB's in coverage and win.
This is why I laughed at everyone calling us the "Dream Team", year in year out the Eagles D weakness has been the inability to defend the run, and in more recent years the halfback screen - both of which killed us today. But to shore up a secondary with the kind of cover guys, who can't tackle mind you, like we did and leave the LB Corps as is basically challenges teams to beat you with the run and underneath stuff - which is going to make this a very very long season.

The worst though is to see your team still in it, even after that disaster at the end of the first half with back to back false starts and a muffed snap leading to a miracle 3 points that should've been 7.....is to see all hope fade away due to yet another procedure call.

Old
09-25-2011, 09:50 PM
flyershockey

The offensive play calling today was atrocious. Running two tight end sets against the giant's d line with our o line was never going to work. Spread the field and use your speed at the skill positions to find holes. The goal line stand that the giants had was just another lesson in how this coaching staff will refuse to admit weaknesses on the o line.

Old
09-25-2011, 09:52 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
They aren't. The Eagles won throughout the 00's with a strong offensive line and solid skill players. Now they have a below-average offensive line with elite skill players. Defensively, they're strong on CB and DE, DT is ok, and everything else is terrible.

I'm thrilled we signed a ton of big names this offseason, but this is a really bad team. Part of me is thrilled because it SHOULD be Reid's last season if he can't win with this all-pro team. But most of me realizes the smugness of this organization, the "I'm always right and we know what we're doing at all times" attitude...Reid will be there til death.

And I'll be rooting for the Lions and Bills.
Their arrogance is becoming nauseating. They refuse to even try to adjust their plan mid game. Andy just can't bring himself to accept the weaknesses, and then try something else that might work.

Old
09-26-2011, 08:58 AM
Chicken Chaser
Zaphod Beeblebrox

Vick out till after the Bye week it looks like...

Quote:
Howard Eskin of NBC 10 in Philadelphia reported Monday that Eagles quarterback Michael Vick could miss at least three to four weeks with a broken right hand suffered in Sunday's 29-16 loss to the New York Giants.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d..._breaking_news

Old
09-26-2011, 11:09 AM
Shady McCoy
#NoHonorForConnor

Apparently it isn't a break according to Fat Andy.

Old
09-26-2011, 11:17 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 552
Given two chances to do so publicly, Andy Reid never properly backed up Vick's claims that he's not getting roughing the passer calls as he did last year.

Old
09-26-2011, 03:14 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Schefter says Vick had a CT Scan and there's no fracture. What that means for time out, I have no idea.

Old
09-26-2011, 03:38 PM
TheLegendkiller

Unfortunately we may need a new coaching staff completely. We basically have a whole new team from what we had in even 2 years ago and the same Reid problems are still there. I say the main guys need to go, Reid, Marty, and it looks like Castillo too.

Old
09-26-2011, 03:39 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
Schefter says Vick had a CT Scan and there's no fracture. What that means for time out, I have no idea.
I'm beginning to wonder if they're stretching the truth. Do these medical tests have to go through league officials or neutral doctors? He seemed to return awfully quick from that concussion last week, and now all of a sudden, this went from a fracture to a deep bone bruise? I wonder if they realized that since it's his non-throwing hand, and that they could get him back a little sooner than originally reported.

Old
09-26-2011, 03:46 PM
Shady McCoy
#NoHonorForConnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
I'm beginning to wonder if they're stretching the truth. Do these medical tests have to go through league officials or neutral doctors? He seemed to return awfully quick from that concussion last week, and now all of a sudden, this went from a fracture to a deep bone bruise? I wonder if they realized that since it's his non-throwing hand, and that they could get him back a little sooner than originally reported.
They're not going to get around the rules with concussions. They have to pass numerous tests throughout the week.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
09-26-2011, 05:33 PM
Cinerary
The Inexorable

LB's are a really big problem, just like everyone knew they would be before the season even started. Well, almost everyone, except for the idiots in charge of the team. Same for the o-line. If I were Vick, I'd be rather upset about that.

Also, Kurt Coleman does not belong in the NFL.

Old
09-28-2011, 03:20 PM
kicksave27

they went to a wide gapped D line, and smaller linebakers. Makes no sense. Skill players are excellent, but seems like everything else was an afterthought. Like they were running a fantasy draft or something.

Closed Thread