HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Video about Mathieu Darche at L'Antichambre

Old
05-21-2011, 08:38 PM
Asamu

vCash: 500
Video about Mathieu Darche at L'Antichambre

I thought that he was very interesting so I decided to put some English subtitles. Mathieu Darche talks about his injury, PK Subban, his beginning as a hockey player, Guy Boucher etc...

This is part 1 / 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVuHwqb3QEQ

Here is part 2 / 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4DbrBrCPAQ

In this final video, Mathieu Darche talks about David Desharnais, Carey Price and the Habs. Feel free to share any thoughts.

Last edited by Asamu: 05-22-2011 at 11:19 AM.
Asamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 09:35 PM
Ceux de Montreal
help

Nice yann perreau cover there

Ceux de Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 09:41 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
I heart Darche.

Thanks.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 09:45 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Merci, Asamu. That was seriously awesome. I like hearing players (and especially well-spoken players) talk about the team, because we get that insight that we don't get when just watching the bench during the game or the post-game interview.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 12:17 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

thanks for the subtitles

look forward to part 2

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 11:23 AM
Asamu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
thanks for the subtitles

look forward to part 2
You're welcome. Part 2 is up, enjoy! I'll try to put more relevant videos of L'Antichambre if I feel that there is a demand =P.

Asamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 11:35 AM
Tusk

Thanks for that!

So what's a good deal to get this guy resigned? Does anybody think the league noticed him a little more this season and that there will be some competition to sign him?

Tusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 12:10 PM
Thinkbig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusk View Post
Thanks for that!

So what's a good deal to get this guy resigned? Does anybody think the league noticed him a little more this season and that there will be some competition to sign him?
lol

one-way league minimum or he's gone.

Thinkbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 12:44 PM
Tusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkbig View Post
lol

one-way league minimum or he's gone.
I like his role and his presence on the team, even if he's not playing he seems to be a good guy to have around the locker room. I'd pay him in the 800k-900k range if I had too.

Tusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 12:59 PM
Toro

Thx Asamu

We can never get enough

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 01:35 PM
Next Best Thing*

re-sign this man!

and random question but is l'Antichambre still going to run throughout the summer or is it going to take a hiatus until october?

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 03:01 PM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
re-sign this man!
I agree completely. His role has expanded and is a part of the team.

If its between Darche and Pyatt I take Darche, I care not of age between these 2.

Darche is better and more important to the team.

Heck I bet Russel in Hamilton could replace Pyatt next season.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 02:27 PM
neofury*

That's really cool of you to do that. My French listening skills aren't often good enough to fully follow what they're babbling about, and I do know sometimes a sliver of useful information comes up in their babbling

PS: I notice a lot of people putting up rosters without Darche, either that or he's a #13-14.

Have people not learned from last season? He's at least a #12, one who can step up and add some scoring depth to the third line.

He's from Quebec, he's a proud Hab and long time fan living his dream. He shows up every night and gives it his all. You don't just throw away guys like this for league minimum, mark my words we don't sign him he's going to put up 20g in Tampa Bay next season. He has all the tools and works really hard. He might not be as talented as many but he has the tools to get it done when he works hard, which is pretty well all the time. Give him a decent center... people are going to wonder how they slept on this guy, he's so underrated especially on here it's insane. (I'm not a Francophone trying to hype up a home town player by the way, Darche impressed me this year, apparently a lot more than he did to other people mind you, but I was damn impressed, I give him at least a 1 year deal to see what he can do)

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 03:16 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
That's really cool of you to do that. My French listening skills aren't often good enough to fully follow what they're babbling about, and I do know sometimes a sliver of useful information comes up in their babbling

PS: I notice a lot of people putting up rosters without Darche, either that or he's a #13-14.

Have people not learned from last season? He's at least a #12, one who can step up and add some scoring depth to the third line.

He's from Quebec, he's a proud Hab and long time fan living his dream. He shows up every night and gives it his all. You don't just throw away guys like this for league minimum, mark my words we don't sign him he's going to put up 20g in Tampa Bay next season. He has all the tools and works really hard. He might not be as talented as many but he has the tools to get it done when he works hard, which is pretty well all the time. Give him a decent center... people are going to wonder how they slept on this guy, he's so underrated especially on here it's insane. (I'm not a Francophone trying to hype up a home town player by the way, Darche impressed me this year, apparently a lot more than he did to other people mind you, but I was damn impressed, I give him at least a 1 year deal to see what he can do)
While I don't see Darche getting 20 goals in the NHL anywhere I agree with you basic premise that he is a value part of the Habs forward depth. I view him as essentially the power forward for the lower line offense, there to give Eller or Desharnais an offensively competant veteran to help them out. The other great thing about him is the salary flexiblity that a legit NHL forward signing for league minimum brings.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 03:25 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
While I don't see Darche getting 20 goals in the NHL anywhere I agree with you basic premise that he is a value part of the Habs forward depth. I view him as essentially the power forward for the lower line offense, there to give Eller or Desharnais an offensively competant veteran to help them out. The other great thing about him is the salary flexiblity that a legit NHL forward signing for league minimum brings.
Exactly, I was just exaggerating in order to make a point. We'll see him on another NHL team succeeding if we don't take him.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote