HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nyr-buf

Old
05-23-2011, 04:19 PM
CH2

vCash: 500
Nyr-buf

Let's say following July 1st, the Rangers don't get Brad Richards and are still looking for an upgrade at the center position. Would this get Buffalo talking?

To New York Rangers:

Derek Roy

To Buffalo:

Michael Del Zotto
Dale Weise
2012 1st Round Pick

-The Rangers get a good center that would be the #1 by default and at a respectable cap hit for the next two seasons.
-The Sabres get Michael Del Zotto, a 21 year old left handed offensive defenseman who had a down year due to injuries and tentative play offensively (sophmore slump). He and Tyler Myers would make a good pairing down the road, in my opinion.
-Also, the Sabres get Dale Weise a soon to be 23 year old potential 3rd/4th liner that has improved each season in the AHL and provides grit in the bottom 6. Weise hits, fights, blocks shots, plays well defensively, and has shown an ability to put the puck in the net.
-Sabres get a 2012 first rounder, a draft that is said to be stronger than the 2011 draft.
-Finally, the Sabres get some more cap room. With Pegula as owner and a commitment to spending money, they would be able to lock up the young players going after UFAs in subsequent years.

I think people may think the value is off here, but Roy was injured a good portion of this past season, some have stated his locker room presence leaves something to be desired, and the team performed better following his injury.

CH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 04:21 PM
brfeldman

The rangers wouldnt do del zotto alone for roy let alone weise and a first rounder

brfeldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 04:22 PM
SiriusBizinuez
Jakub might kill you

Seeing as Buffalo is (hopefully) into the Brad Richards mix due to a lack of depth at center, Roy is worth too much to trade to NYR right now. Our center needs are very similar, which doesn't make us good trading partners imo.

SiriusBizinuez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 04:23 PM
CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by brfeldman View Post
The rangers wouldnt do del zotto alone for roy let alone weise and a first rounder
As a Rangers fan, I know it will take an overpayment, so here is my end all be all offer. Roy is nearly a point per game player, young, and a good cap hit.

Old
05-23-2011, 04:23 PM
Pengo

No thanks, the Sabres don't really have a need for an offensive d-man like Del Zotto. Especially when they're trading their only Top 6 center.

Pengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 04:24 PM
CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassian View Post
No thanks, the Sabres don't really have a need for an offensive d-man like Del Zotto. Especially when they're trading their only Top 6 center.
Fair enough, just thought I'd take a stab at it.

Old
05-23-2011, 04:29 PM
Pengo

It's cool. I mean Del Zotto+ for Roy is fair value, but it would make more sense if Paul Gaustad wasn't the Sabres' second-best center.

Pengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 04:33 PM
Sabretip

How about Roy + Butler for Callahan and an agreement that the Rangers won't make an offer to Richards?

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 04:36 PM
BPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
How about Roy + Butler for Callahan and an agreement that the Rangers won't make an offer to Richards?
McNabb and Roy you say.....

BPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 04:38 PM
gotmonte

I rather see what Del Zotto can do for the rangers this coming year. In his rookie year he was really good. Showed brilliance but he hit the sophmore jinx year. I would really rather give him some more time and see what he can bring. I know his value is REALLY low right now, so why not hold on to him and see if he flourishes. If he doesnt, it is not like it will hurt us. He value is at an all time low as if he was a bust already.

I appreciate the offer. But I really rather keep Michael Del Zotto and see if he can be a leetch version 2.0lite (He will NEVER be Leetch and I am not saying that. I am saying he is a leetch TYPE player with the upside to be a good puck moving/scoring defenseman. But I dont think his ceiling is NEAR Leetch's)

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 04:45 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

I don't know why Buffalo would trade McNabb and Roy for Callahan, I mean Callahan is a heart and soul kind of guy but not the kind of producer that Roy is.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 04:51 PM
dkollidas

How about Sekera, Paul Byron and our 2012 1st round pick for Brandon Dubinsky?

dkollidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 04:53 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD View Post
McNabb and Roy you say.....
Fine by me if it meant that Sabres get both Callahan and move up the pecking order of teams bidding for Richards...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
I don't know why Buffalo would trade McNabb and Roy for Callahan, I mean Callahan is a heart and soul kind of guy but not the kind of producer that Roy is.
Callahan has the makings of a consistent 50 point guy - which is below Roy's production capabilities but, assuming Richards is signed by Buffalo, can be made up elsewhere.

Remember - my proposal included the Rangers telling Richards they're not interested....if LA and Dallas end up being the only serious bidders with Buffalo, and the whole Richards-Tortorella equation is removed, I'd be a happy camper

Old
05-23-2011, 04:54 PM
gotmonte

As for the Callahan proposal. As for talent wise, you got a deal.. but the Rangers need Callahan MORE than any other team.

He bleeds Rangers Blue and he is our next Captain (I couldnt imagine ANYONE ELSE being the Captain). He is our heart and soul and he does it all. He is starting to come into his own with his talent. Last year he showed flashes of brilliancy. (4 goal night). He also seems to ground Dubinsky. Duby gets too high when he scores a goal or makes a good play. You didnt really see that too much last year and I really think it is because Callahan.

So Callahan I would say is much more valuable to the Rangers than to anyone else. And it would take a mass overpayment for the Rangers to give him up. Not because of Stats. If you stat watch with him he is an OK player. But he is the Captain-to-be. So I rather just deal around him, not to actually deal HIM.

Old
05-23-2011, 04:58 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post
He bleeds Rangers Blue and he is our next Captain (I couldnt imagine ANYONE ELSE being the Captain). He is our heart and soul and he does it all. He is starting to come into his own with his talent. Last year he showed flashes of brilliancy. (4 goal night).

So Callahan I would say is much more valuable to the Rangers than to anyone else.
For the reasons you cited, every other team would love to have him and value him in the same way as soon as he donned their jersey.

Sather has made some bonehead decisions in the past but I don't think he's foolish enough to ever give up Callahan.

Old
05-23-2011, 05:00 PM
gotmonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkollidas View Post
How about Sekera, Paul Byron and our 2012 1st round pick for Brandon Dubinsky?
Thats something I would consider.

I am the MINORITY on this BY FAR, but I NEVER really like Dubinsky. He is a cocky ******* and he rubbed me the wrong way when he held out a few days/weeks of training camp. Our first camp with Torts as the head coach. He was a young kid, restricted. I understand its his right. I just really didnt like that at all. I know he can be a good player. Trust me. It would suck to lose his talent, cause I think with Callahan he will be better and if he plays with Richards, he will score A LOT MORE but I hate his work ethic. His big-headedness. He seemed more mild-mannored last year and seemed to be about "the team" but I just dont like him. Again as a talent, I think he is going to blossom so i dont want to give him away for nothing. But if the "right" deal comes along I wont be so quick to say no. I am apt to listen to all offers.

Again, the Rangers fans will bash me for this. But my opinion is MY opinion. And I probably been watching the Rangers longer than they have anyways LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
For the reasons you cited, every other team would love to have him and value him in the same way as soon as he donned their jersey.

Sather has made some bonehead decisions in the past but I don't think he's foolish enough to ever give up Callahan.
I agree. I just dont see a team ponying up enough in a trade to make Sather or Messier pull the trigger (I see Messier being the GM in a not to long from now scenerio)

Old
05-23-2011, 05:08 PM
blue425

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post
Thats something I would consider.

I am the MINORITY on this BY FAR, but I NEVER really like Dubinsky. He is a cocky ******* and he rubbed me the wrong way when he held out a few days/weeks of training camp. Our first camp with Torts as the head coach. He was a young kid, restricted. I understand its his right. I just really didnt like that at all. I know he can be a good player. Trust me. It would suck to lose his talent, cause I think with Callahan he will be better and if he plays with Richards, he will score A LOT MORE but I hate his work ethic. His big-headedness. He seemed more mild-mannored last year and seemed to be about "the team" but I just dont like him. Again as a talent, I think he is going to blossom so i dont want to give him away for nothing. But if the "right" deal comes along I wont be so quick to say no. I am apt to listen to all offers.

Again, the Rangers fans will bash me for this. But my opinion is MY opinion. And I probably been watching the Rangers longer than they have anyways LOL!
Actually your feelings on this matter are not all that far off.

blue425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 05:24 PM
gotmonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue425 View Post
Actually your feelings on this matter are not all that far off.
I did NOT think I would find another RANGERS FAN that would agree with me on that topic. I thought it would be looked at like sacrilegious or something! LOL

Old
05-23-2011, 05:50 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by brfeldman View Post
The rangers wouldnt do del zotto alone for roy let alone weise and a first rounder /thread
Right, because 70+ pt centers with $4m cap hits are traded everyday for defensively deficient 21 year olds who were sent to the minors the previous season to get their games in order. Especially when the team currently in control of said center already has one of the higher scoring bluelines in the league and pretty much no center depth after that center.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 06:06 PM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Buffalo needs to add centers, not trade them. Not bad value wise, but Buffalo can't trade Roy

TehDoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 06:53 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

No need for a center once you know who puts on that Ranger blue in a month.

Del Zotto, if traded at all will be used to being in another good scorer.

05-23-2011, 07:13 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

From a Buffalo standpoint, hell no.

Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 07:57 PM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Rebecca Black View Post
No need for a center once you know who puts on that Ranger blue in a month.

Del Zotto, if traded at all will be used to being in another good scorer.
You have the state and jersey color right.

But the team wrong.

Richards is gonna buck the trend and sign with the Sabres

TehDoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 07:58 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
You have the state and jersey color right.

But the team wrong.

Richards is gonna buck the trend and sign with the Sabres
Only time will tell I guess...

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 08:22 PM
Havok89

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Rebecca Black View Post
Only time will tell I guess...
Until then lets stop assuming?