HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brewer obviously NOT overpaid

Closed Thread

Old
07-20-2004, 04:51 PM
oilswell

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky83
Didn't someone mention that Meehan will want Hannan to go after Brewer.
He's got his wish, if so.

Old
07-20-2004, 06:10 PM
speeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilswell
He's got his wish, if so.
yes and no

I'm sure his wish, if he actually wanted that to happen, would have been for Brewer's hearing to happen far enough ahead of Hannan's for it to be used as a comparable.

It might not matter that it's afterwards here, as Brewer's ruling won't be done by the time Hannan's case is heard. The decision on Brewer might be made available before Hannan's arbitrator settles though, but he might not use it in that short of a time frame, and even if he does it would be risky for Meehan to use Brewer as a comparable for Hannan, if he's looking for a good salary for Hannan and Brewer were to end up getting a paycut or something?

Old
07-20-2004, 06:45 PM
oilswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeds
would have been for Brewer's hearing to happen far enough ahead of Hannan's for it to be used as a comparable.
Ah, good point.

Old
07-21-2004, 09:25 AM
Gwyddbwyll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiaoil
Man you look at Mara's stats and he's a bit worse than Brew in terms of +/- but kills him in offensive production. At $1.5 million he is a killer comparable to Brew and he's the same age. As others have said - the last year of Brew's contract was silly and is way out of line given his age and performance. The fact that he's going arb now just make things worse. Brew is simply not worth any more than $2 million - and that's what I'd offer in arb.

Would you swap Brew for Mara? I'd consider it.........
Personally I wouldnt. I dont see the point when Mara makes half of what Brewer does and has been playing better.

Since Gretzky obviously likes Brewer and the Coyotes have Morris, Tanabe and Ballard, I'd have to agree its a feasible trade and hope like hell the Coyotes get something else as well.

Closed Thread