HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor - Phi (yes carter)

Old
05-24-2011, 01:15 PM
CharlieGirl
Summer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Gary Scott View Post
Kulemin alone isnt better than Carter, but Kulemin and Aulie together are. Face it.

Carter is lets say a 35+ goal scorer that will put up 65-75 points. Hes solid in his own end and is a good goal scorer.

Kulemin is as complete a hockey player as you can get. Hes a 30-30 player, that could potentially reach 70 points in his prime. Hes solid in his own defensive zone, kills penalties, great along the boards and is very low maintenence.

Aulie is a potential top 4 defenceman that skates incredibly well for his size, lays the body well, and is very reliable in his own end.

Overall, the trade would work out evenly for both sides, with potentially Philly coming out ahead in this one.
So what you're saying is that someday, Kulemin could turn out to be as good as Carter is right now. Fair enough.

Where do you see Aulie fitting into the Flyers lineup?

The Flyers would be giving up Carter for a 6th defenseman and a guy who might become like Carter. How does this help the Flyers?

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 01:19 PM
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
So what you're saying is that someday, Kulemin could turn out to be as good as Carter is right now. Fair enough.

The Flyers would be giving up Carter for a 6th defenseman and a guy who might become like Carter. How does this help the Flyers?
Helps us by giving up quite a bit of cap space while still getting a top 6 winger that can fill in what Carter gave us. And a '6th dman' who can potentially become a top pairing guy once Timonen and Pronger retire.

Philadelphia Ducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 01:20 PM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

Quote:

Leafs would be giving up their best winger, a top 4 dman and a pick for Carter who would be playing as the 2nd line Center. Kessel needs a playmaking Center not a shoot-first Center.

How does this help the Leafs?

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 01:21 PM
alx83*

Quote:

You're getting cap space. And then the second trade would happen (at least what @*************** tweeted) which would likely clear up cap space by moving Carle or Versteeg. Then the Flyers can go and sign the top end goalie they want.

alx83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 01:21 PM
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderyears View Post
sure, go ahead and take your run at richards and when he signs with the rangers you can always resign bozak and let him run your top line, that's worked so well so far.
So, he signs with the Rangers. I guess i have no choice to accept this proposal now. Or...we sign Connelly as a stop gap, make a pitch for Weiss, give Kadri or Colborne a shot or yes, resign Bozak (who will come cheap) and hope he can step it up. Point is, we WILL NOT be a bonified contender next season by adding Carter alone and giving up 2 of our best Roster players as well as picks.So, sure, keep Carter, don't add a goaltender, and the Leafs will hold a place on the tee-box for you.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 01:22 PM
CharlieGirl
Summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
How does this help the Leafs?
Finally we agree. These teams make horrid trading partners and trades between the two teams should (a) never happen and (b) never be discussed again.

Can you spread the word to the rest of your Leafs fan buddies? Thanks.

Old
05-24-2011, 01:25 PM
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

Quote:
Finally we agree. These teams make horrid trading partners and trades between the two teams should (a) never happen and (b) never be discussed again.

Can you spread the word to the rest of your Leafs fan buddies? Thanks.
I'm in....anyone else??

Old
05-24-2011, 01:25 PM
CharlieGirl
Summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMilli View Post
You're getting cap space. And then the second trade would happen (at least what @*************** tweeted) which would likely clear up cap space by moving Carle or Versteeg. Then the Flyers can go and sign the top end goalie they want.
Yes. But wouldn't cap space be found by getting rid of all the expensive spare parts that watched most of the games from the pressbox (Walker, Shelley) and Carle for picks? That way, the Flyers gain cap space while keeping a big centre who scores 40+ goals a year and they stay away from Toronto.

Although if Toronto wanted Versteeg back, I'd be okay with that.

Old
05-24-2011, 01:26 PM
Vikke
ViktorAllvin twitter

vCash: 685
Quote:
Yes. But wouldn't cap space be found by getting rid of all the expensive spare parts that watched most of the games from the pressbox (Walker, Shelley) and Carle for picks? That way, the Flyers gain cap space while keeping a big centre who scores 40+ goals a year and they stay away from Toronto.

Stop making so much sense! Not allowed, this is HF

Vikke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 01:28 PM
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

Quote:

The problem is, other than maybe Carle, 29 teams saw your press box observers, who wants them? As far as Versteeg.........NOPE, no take backs!!

Old
05-24-2011, 01:28 PM
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
So, he signs with the Rangers. I guess i have no choice to accept this proposal now. Or...we sign Connelly as a stop gap, make a pitch for Weiss, give Kadri or Colborne a shot or yes, resign Bozak (who will come cheap) and hope he can step it up. Point is, we WILL NOT be a bonified contender next season by adding Carter alone and giving up 2 of our best Roster players as well as picks.So, sure, keep Carter, don't add a goaltender, and the Leafs will hold a place on the tee-box for you.
If you want to take total wildcards that Kadri, Colborne, Bozak, or Connolly can anchor one of your top two lines as centre then go ahead. None of those 4 will be able to give you what Carter can next year and for the next few years. You're delusional if you think Aulie is one of your top 2 roster players. What does this trade have to do with us adding a goaltender at all? We'll be adding a goaltender if Carter is traded or not.

Old
05-24-2011, 01:29 PM
Vikke
ViktorAllvin twitter

vCash: 685
Quote:
The problem is, other than maybe Carle, 29 teams saw your press box observers, who wants them? As far as Versteeg.........NOPE, no take backs!!
I'm sure the Phantoms could use Leighton and Shelley.

Vikke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 01:31 PM
alx83*

Quote:

I'd much rather have it that way, believe me. I completely agree with you. I'm a big Carter fan, myself. I'm just stating the hypothetical situation in which Carter does get traded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
Stop making so much sense! Not allowed, this is HF
Thanks for implying that I don't make any sense.

alx83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 01:32 PM
Dylbot

No thanks for the Leafs. Kulemin is currently a top 6 forward with a complete game. In the future he could be an all-star with a complete game. Adding a 6'5" 21 old promising young defenseman and a prospect to the deal make this pretty lopsided.

Dylbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 01:33 PM
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

Quote:
If you want to take total wildcards that Kadri, Colborne, Bozak, or Connolly can anchor that one of your top two lines as centre then go ahead. None of those 4 will be able to give you what Carter can next year and for the next few years. You're delusional if you think Aulie is one of your top 2 roster players. What does this trade have to do with us adding a goaltender at all? We'll be adding a goaltender if Carter is traded or not.
You felt the need to point out the Leafs problems, i was just doing the same. I didn't sat Carter wouldn't help, but the price (at this point) is to high.As for Aulie, he is in our top 3 on D. We trade him, we gotta go with more Komi and lebda or sign yet another plug. Ask any Leaf fan if they want 15-20 min. a night of those 2. The 10 goals Carter gets more than Kuli. would cost us 25 on D.

Old
05-24-2011, 01:34 PM
yideboit

Quote:
If you want to take total wildcards that Kadri, Colborne, Bozak, or Connolly can anchor one of your top two lines as centre then go ahead. None of those 4 will be able to give you what Carter can next year and for the next few years. You're delusional if you think Aulie is one of your top 2 roster players. What does this trade have to do with us adding a goaltender at all? We'll be adding a goaltender if Carter is traded or not.
agreed ... it baffles me where some leafs fans value some players on the roster ... kulemin was a very valuable piece for the club ... and it was a BI*** finding someone who can play respectable hockey with dion ... but ahead of these 2 players on the roster i would put: schenn and kessel easily ... arguably grabovski and phaneuf as well ...

fact is you have to give to get ... and im closer to thinking that this isn't what philly needs than thinking this isnt what the leafs need ... carter is exactly what this club was missing in terms of being competitive for the full year last year ... he is the type of player that can carry the load while kessel disappears for 12 game goalless stretches ...

yideboit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 01:35 PM
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
I'm sure the Phantoms could use Leighton and Shelley.
Still hits your cap.

Old
05-24-2011, 01:37 PM
yideboit

Quote:
Still hits your cap.
and all credibility lost ... not it does not sir

Old
05-24-2011, 01:37 PM
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob

Quote:
You felt the need to point out the Leafs problems, i was just doing the same. I didn't sat Carter wouldn't help, but the price (at this point) is to high.As for Aulie, he is in our top 3 on D. We trade him, we gotta go with more Komi and lebda or sign yet another plug. Ask any Leaf fan if they want 15-20 min. a night of those 2. The 10 goals Carter gets more than Kuli. would cost us 25 on D.
You're right I shouldn't talk about TO's lack of number 1 centres in a trade thread about them acquiring a number 1 centre, how foolish of me

Old
05-24-2011, 01:38 PM
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yideboit View Post
agreed ... it baffles me where some leafs fans value some players on the roster ... kulemin was a very valuable piece for the club ... and it was a BI*** finding someone who can play respectable hockey with dion ... but ahead of these 2 players on the roster i would put: schenn and kessel easily ... arguably grabovski and phaneuf as well ...

fact is you have to give to get ... and im closer to thinking that this isn't what philly needs than thinking this isnt what the leafs need ... carter is exactly what this club was missing in terms of being competitive for the full year last year ... he is the type of player that can carry the load while kessel disappears for 12 game goalless stretches ...
Hey...i thought i should get some credit. I'm one of the Leafers who admits to not being great!! All i said was the price was high at this time. We don't have the pieces to fill the holes that would be created.

Old
05-24-2011, 01:38 PM
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob

Quote:
Still hits your cap.
lol no it doesn't

Old
05-24-2011, 01:40 PM
yideboit

Quote:
Hey...i thought i should get some credit. I'm one of the Leafers who admits to not being great!! All i said was the price was high at this time. We don't have the pieces to fill the holes that would be created.
i WAS giving you credit at first ... but it started to go when you say connolly over this trade ... and then completely gone saying that ahl'ers count against the cap

Old
05-24-2011, 01:42 PM
Michael Gary Scott
Toronto Maple Tron's

Quote:
I'm in....anyone else??
Sounds good to me. I want no part of dealing Kulemin for anyone.

Michael Gary Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 01:44 PM
yideboit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Gary Scott View Post
Sounds good to me. I want no part of dealing Kulemin for anyone.
perfect example of why leafs fans get trashed on these threads ... what a baffling thing to say ... i can list 50 players in the league i think that you'd take straight up for kulemin

Old
05-24-2011, 01:44 PM
Seguins Dragon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Kulemin > Carter.

I would do that package for Giroux, not Carter
more like...

Carter>Kessel

Think whatever you gave up for Kessel (2 high firsts and a 2nd) and increase that

Seguins Dragon* is offline   Reply With Quote