HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Tor - Phi (yes carter)

Old
05-24-2011, 01:47 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Pretty even deal. Not sure if Carter is the ideal center for Kessel though.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 01:47 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yideboit View Post
perfect example of why leafs fans get trashed on these threads ... what a baffling thing to say ... i can list 50 players in the league i think that you'd take straight up for kulemin
Please post this list.......

jmart21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 01:48 PM
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

Quote:
i WAS giving you credit at first ... but it started to go when you say connolly over this trade ... and then completely gone saying that ahl'ers count against the cap
My bad, i thought players with a NHL contract ie: Shelley's 3 yr deal, counted in part toward your cap if sent down. Guess i better do some research. As for Connoly, i didn't sat i'd rather him than Carter. All i said was it would be MUCH MUCH cheaper as the Leafs are still at least 2 years away from being competive.

I apologise for my typing errors, i broke six fingers on the weekend!!!

Last edited by Liferleafer: 05-24-2011 at 01:51 PM. Reason: none
Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 01:59 PM
yideboit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart21 View Post
Please post this list.......
  1. crosby
  2. ovechkin
  3. malkin
  4. sedin
  5. sedin
  6. toews
  7. kane
  8. tavares
  9. stamkos
  10. thornton
  11. heatley
  12. setoguchi
  13. marleau
  14. pavelski
  15. kesler
  16. semin
  17. backstrom
  18. doughty
  19. weber
  20. gaborik
  21. getlaf
  22. ryan
  23. perry
  24. giroux
  25. richards
  26. e staal
  27. kopitar
  28. lecavalier
  29. st louis
  30. bergeron
  31. zetterberg
  32. datsyuk
  33. nash
  34. b richards
  35. sharp
  36. duchene
  37. skinner
  38. parise
  39. eriksson
  40. ribiero
  41. byfuglien
  42. yandle
  43. couture
  44. chara
  45. spezza
  46. horton
  47. enstrom
  48. hall
  49. stastny

idk how many that is ... but surely thats enough to prove my point ... not one player you'd trade him for is a joke

edit: so only 49 ... sorry

yideboit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 02:05 PM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

Quote:
  1. crosby
  2. ovechkin
  3. malkin
  4. sedin
  5. sedin
  6. toews
  7. kane
  8. tavares
  9. stamkos
  10. thornton
  11. heatley
  12. setoguchi
  13. marleau
  14. pavelski
  15. kesler
  16. semin
  17. backstrom
  18. doughty
  19. weber
  20. gaborik
  21. getlaf
  22. ryan
  23. perry
  24. giroux
  25. richards
  26. e staal
  27. kopitar
  28. lecavalier
  29. st louis
  30. bergeron
  31. zetterberg
  32. datsyuk
  33. nash
  34. b richards
  35. sharp
  36. duchene
  37. skinner
  38. parise
  39. eriksson
  40. ribiero
  41. byfuglien
  42. yandle
  43. couture
  44. chara
  45. spezza
  46. horton
  47. enstrom
  48. hall
  49. stastny

idk how many that is ... but surely thats enough to prove my point ... not one player you'd trade him for is a joke

the bolded are the players i wouldnt trade Kulimen for. and lots of the unbolded players i wouldnt trade him for due to their cap hit, contract length, injury history, etc

EDIT: why isnt the bold showing up?

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 02:05 PM
yideboit

if 50 is required to prove my point lets just throw in keith or seabrook ... the list continues ... and i didnt even mention the obvious goalies you could throw in there

Old
05-24-2011, 02:07 PM
yideboit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
the bolded are the players i wouldnt trade Kulimen for. and lots of the unbolded players i wouldnt trade him for due to their cap hit, contract length, injury history, etc

this is my point exactly ... some fans are down right stupid when it comes to evaluating talent on the leafs

Old
05-24-2011, 02:08 PM
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob

Quote:

you wouldn't trade kulemin for big joe O.O

Philadelphia Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 02:09 PM
yideboit

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderyears View Post
or little joe? or couture ... like do you even watch hockey phion ?

Old
05-24-2011, 02:10 PM
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

Quote:
this is my point exactly ... some fans are down right stupid when it comes to evaluating talent on the leafs
Put all those names on a dart board, blind fold Burke, let him shoot. Whatever name he hits, DONE DEAL!!

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 02:22 PM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

Quote:
like do you even watch the leafs yideboit? Kulemin is a very good 2 way player, and is capable of putting up 30 goals and 30 assists. I've watched him develop since he was a rookie, and he has potential to be a star in this league. Why would we trade him for anything less of an overpayment? Pavelski isnt the #1 centerman we are looking for and neither is Couture. They are both very good player, dont get me wrong, but i'd rather keep Kule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderyears View Post
Nope, Thornton is turning 32 and his level of play is on the decline. I'd rather keep the 24 year old 30 goal scorer who has the potential to become a star, than Jumbo Joe who in a couple years will be Average Joe

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 02:27 PM
glucker

Quote:
Pavelski is good, but me thinks he's somewhat overrated because of the playoff run he had last season.

Offensively, Kulemin isn't that far off- actually, he's just 2 points behind where Pavelski was at the same age. Pavelski also has the luxury of playing on a far, far better team than Kulemin, and gets more powerplay time. Kulemin is the better goalscorer of the two, and gets less ice time.

Both excel defensively, but Kulemin is also far more physical.

Kulemin is also cheaper. And younger.

glucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 02:31 PM
glucker

Quote:
like do you even watch the leafs yideboit? Kulemin is a very good 2 way player, and is capable of putting up 30 goals and 30 assists. I've watched him develop since he was a rookie, and he has potential to be a star in this league. Why would we trade him for anything less of an overpayment? Pavelski isnt the #1 centerman we are looking for and neither is Couture. They are both very good player, dont get me wrong, but i'd rather keep Kule.

Nope, Thornton is turning 32 and his level of play is on the decline. I'd rather keep the 24 year old 30 goal scorer who has the potential to become a star, than Jumbo Joe who in a couple years will be Average Joe
I would trade Kulemin for Couture in a heartbeat. It is pretty hard to say no to Kulemin for THornton, but age, contract, and declining performance would scare me away, simply because the Leafs won't be cup contenders the next couple of seasons, and Pavelski, is a straight up no.

Old
05-24-2011, 02:32 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
Obviously anyone would trade Kulie for Crosby/Ovie/Stamkos/Malkin etc.

But there are players that it might not be in the Leafs best interest to trade Kulie for. Carter is an example of one of those. Might be a huge payoff, might not. It's not a "no question; do it" trade like it would be for Crosby.

Old
05-24-2011, 02:35 PM
LeafsFan2342
#CallupColborne

Look the Leafs arent giving up Aulie, nor Kulemin so this just isnt gonna happen

LeafsFan2342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 02:44 PM
KlattNazty

I realize that this is probably the type of deal we are talking about to get a player of Jeff Carters skill to Toronto, but as others have said, at this point in time it makes no sense for Toronto, and there are other ways for Phili to shed cap.

Jeff doesnt make Toronto a contender, and in fact unless we sign a few stop gap FAs to fill out lines 2 and 3, I wouldnt even be surprised to see them miss PO's again with him and Kessel on the top line.

If Leafs were closer then perhaps, but at this point in time, mindlesss leaf and phi bashing aside, its not the right deal for either team to make.

From a leafs POV, why give up Kulemin who put up 30-30 (virtually) and is still improving, and Aulie, who we are not sure what he will mature into, and another first rounder, when we know the piece coming back is not enough to make us a bonafide contender? A couple years down the road, it is POSSIBLE, that either Kulemin or Aulie make significant strides and improve enough that the value in this deal is far off, so why risk it. Further, the Leafs do not have enough Depth to fill either void left by Kulemin or Aulie.

From a flyers POV, why give up your incredibly consistent goal scorer, who is both a 2 way player, and a versatile player, signed to a modest cap hit for a long time, solely just to sign a goalie? Well maybe if it was your only move, but not when you have other options ala versteeg, hartnell, and carle. This deal is pretty accurate value wise, the flyers do get some valuable pieces, but unless they feel Jeff is someone they want to move, then they shouldnt be making this deal, because it is NOT massive overpayment. Its fair, but not massive overpayment.

So that being said, nuff bashing.

KlattNazty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 02:48 PM
Grabovski
Грабовский правил

No thank you.

Grabovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 02:48 PM
Michael Gary Scott
Toronto Maple Tron's

Quote:
perfect example of why leafs fans get trashed on these threads ... what a baffling thing to say ... i can list 50 players in the league i think that you'd take straight up for kulemin
I mean, I dont want to trade him because when was the last time the we (the Leafs) have had a successful home grown player?

Michael Gary Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 02:49 PM
theIceWookie
#LeafHysteriaAlert

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebank_miceelf View Post
It's not Brilliant.

Kulemin is a nice piece, but he's not Jeff Carter. The discrepancy in talent, is way too high. And contrary to popular belief Carter is actually very good in the defensive zone, probably just about as good as Kuli, with 40 goal potential at least. Not to mention he's a center etc..etc..

Personally, from an outsider of both teams, I don't think Aulie and anything less than a first cuts it.

It's not bad though. The Flyers have Giroux to step in to the second line center role already and could always use another pick. Kulimen is a pretty great player for Philly. Brings size, some physicality, solid hands.

All depends on Philly's desperation to get rid of Carter i guess, but I'm not sensing there's very much.
Meh, Carter so far has done little to prove he is more than a glorified 2nd line center. I wouldn't move Kulemin for him. Kulemin had a mere 9 points less than Carter this year. Why move him when Carter is hardly a proven top line center. I'll take my chances with a guy who put up higher goal and point totals than Oveckin in the Russian SuperLeague and was considered a huge reason for Malkin's success in the SuperLeague (not to mention scoring more goals than Malkin and Ovechkin did in their entire SuperLeague careers). Kulemin is as close an untouchable on the Leafs as you can get I should think.

I'd give up Aulie for Carter though. Aulie, Philly's 1st, Caputi, D'Amigo? Probably not enough but maybe the lack of cap going to other way skews it to be a trade worth doing.

theIceWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 02:50 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamshot View Post
I realize that this is probably the type of deal we are talking about to get a player of Jeff Carters skill to Toronto, but as others have said, at this point in time it makes no sense for Toronto, and there are other ways for Phili to shed cap.

Jeff doesnt make Toronto a contender, and in fact unless we sign a few stop gap FAs to fill out lines 2 and 3, I wouldnt even be surprised to see them miss PO's again with him and Kessel on the top line.

If Leafs were closer then perhaps, but at this point in time, mindlesss leaf and phi bashing aside, its not the right deal for either team to make.

From a leafs POV, why give up Kulemin who put up 30-30 (virtually) and is still improving, and Aulie, who we are not sure what he will mature into, and another first rounder, when we know the piece coming back is not enough to make us a bonafide contender? A couple years down the road, it is POSSIBLE, that either Kulemin or Aulie make significant strides and improve enough that the value in this deal is far off, so why risk it. Further, the Leafs do not have enough Depth to fill either void left by Kulemin or Aulie.

From a flyers POV, why give up your incredibly consistent goal scorer, who is both a 2 way player, and a versatile player, signed to a modest cap hit for a long time, solely just to sign a goalie? Well maybe if it was your only move, but not when you have other options ala versteeg, hartnell, and carle. This deal is pretty accurate value wise, the flyers do get some valuable pieces, but unless they feel Jeff is someone they want to move, then they shouldnt be making this deal, because it is NOT massive overpayment. Its fair, but not massive overpayment.

So that being said, nuff bashing.

This.

This is what I have been trying to preach to the Statsny hard-on's on our Leafs board.

Trading for a legit, young; 1st line centre will cost something out of our core (Schenn, Kulie, Kessel, Phaneuf). Plus someone out of our "secondary core" (Reimer, Grabo, Kadri, Aulie).

This is not a price the leafs can afford to pay. With a thin NHL-ready prospect pool, we can't fill holes by making other ones. We must fill holes with sensible solutions that don't open up other holes.

Old
05-24-2011, 02:50 PM
Accelleratii

It takes heart to win the Cup so if Toronto wants to build around guys who just have raw talent then by all means.

Building your offense around Carter and Kessel, IMO, is a terrible idea. By the way...who passes to who here?

Accelleratii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 02:56 PM
shortfuze

Quote:
Leafs would be giving up their best winger, a top 4 dman and a pick for Carter who would be playing as the 2nd line Center. Kessel needs a playmaking Center not a shoot-first Center.

How does this help the Leafs?
It just does. Not making a trade because both kessel and Carter are shoot first players is a bad idea. How about putting kessel with grabovski and Carter with lupul. Having Carter on this team makes the leafs better. Plain and simple. That doesn't mean I want to make the deal. I like kulemin and hate carters contract n

shortfuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 02:56 PM
FireEverybody*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Whites Eye View Post
no, they arent.
To the Leafs they are.
Without the two, our second line turns to crap again and Dion becomes too much of a liability without Aulie having his back.

We actually loss the use of 4-5 players by gaining Carter, with this trade.

One being our captain.
That is the real secret why Leafs never want Aulie added. Dion is a god damn disaster without him.

Now you know our trade secret.

FireEverybody* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 02:57 PM
glucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accelleratii View Post
It takes heart to win the Cup so if Toronto wants to build around guys who just have raw talent then by all means.

Building your offense around Carter and Kessel, IMO, is a terrible idea. By the way...who passes to who here?
Kadri

Old
05-24-2011, 02:57 PM
theIceWookie
#LeafHysteriaAlert

Quote:
  1. crosby
  2. ovechkin
  3. malkin
  4. sedin
  5. sedin
  6. toews
  7. kane
  8. tavares
  9. stamkos
  10. thornton
  11. heatley
  12. setoguchi
  13. marleau
  14. pavelski
  15. kesler
  16. semin
  17. backstrom
  18. doughty
  19. weber
  20. gaborik
  21. getlaf
  22. ryan
  23. perry
  24. giroux
  25. richards
  26. e staal
  27. kopitar
  28. lecavalier
  29. st louis
  30. bergeron
  31. zetterberg
  32. datsyuk
  33. nash
  34. b richards
  35. sharp
  36. duchene
  37. skinner
  38. parise
  39. eriksson
  40. ribiero
  41. byfuglien
  42. yandle
  43. couture
  44. chara
  45. spezza
  46. horton
  47. enstrom
  48. hall
  49. stastny

You credibility was destroyed when you put Setoguchi 12th and even included Horton on the list.

And I wouldn't trade Kulemin straight up for Kane. It's unneeded with Leafs having Kane light in Kessel.

theIceWookie is offline   Reply With Quote