HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Acquisitions/Cap management/Roster Building Thread XVI

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-07-2011, 06:56 PM
  #351
Langway
Moderator
Intangibles
 
Langway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20,696
vCash: 500
RealKyper: #NHL news. Sources out of Philly tell me the #Flyers traded for #Coyotes Bryzgalov rights for cond' pick if they can sign him prior to UFA.

Langway is offline  
Old
06-07-2011, 07:01 PM
  #352
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,674
vCash: 500
How does he not go to Philly? It's a no brainer.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline  
Old
06-07-2011, 07:01 PM
  #353
mrwarden
Nothing Witty
 
mrwarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 8,983
vCash: 500
How the heck do they fit him under the cap?

mrwarden is offline  
Old
06-07-2011, 07:03 PM
  #354
Langway
Moderator
Intangibles
 
Langway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20,696
vCash: 500
There have been rumors that Carter could be moved but short of that I'd guess Leino will go to UFA and maybe they move Carle.

DarrenDreger: Bryzgalov wants to be paid as a top player...not just a top goalie. Demands too rich for Yotes.

Good luck with that.


Last edited by Langway: 06-07-2011 at 07:12 PM.
Langway is offline  
Old
06-07-2011, 07:04 PM
  #355
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 40,208
vCash: 500
flyers are go for brokers. if they think bryz = cup, they will be willing to give away a quality player to clear cap space. so...timonen or carter for next to nothing to a team with space to take the contract. similar to the gagne deal last season.

edit: flyers just traded a third, clarkson and a conditional for bryzgolov's rights. so.....


Last edited by txpd: 06-07-2011 at 07:12 PM.
txpd is offline  
Old
06-07-2011, 07:13 PM
  #356
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,674
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
There have been rumors that Carter could be moved but short of that I'd guess Leino will go to UFA and maybe they move Carle.

DarrenDreger: Bryzgalov wants to be paid as a top player...not just a top goalie. Demands too rich for Yotes.

Good luck with that.
Well that takes the Caps out of it too...

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline  
Old
06-07-2011, 07:20 PM
  #357
Langway
Moderator
Intangibles
 
Langway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20,696
vCash: 500
I don't think they were really in it to begin with. I took that earlier report more as junk to drum up interest and further drive his demands.

Curious what they might be able to get from Phoenix for Varlamov, though. Tikhonov and a pick maybe. Korpikoski would be a solid get.

Langway is offline  
Old
06-07-2011, 07:56 PM
  #358
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles
 
BrooklynCapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 14,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
flyers are go for brokers. if they think bryz = cup, they will be willing to give away a quality player to clear cap space. so...timonen or carter for next to nothing to a team with space to take the contract. similar to the gagne deal last season.
Big moves are awesome.

Hossa to Chicago --> Stanley Cup
Gonchar/Sykora to Pittsburgh --> Stanley Cup
Rafalski/Stuart to Detroit --> Stanley Cup
Pronger/Niedermayer to Anaheim --> Stanley Cup
Williams/Whitney to Carolina --> Stanley Cup
Luongo/Ehrhoff/Hamhuis to Vancouver --> ????
Chara/Horton/-Kessel to Boston --> ????

BrooklynCapsFan is offline  
Old
06-07-2011, 07:57 PM
  #359
fsnoles98
Registered User
 
fsnoles98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,059
vCash: 500
I see one team is trying to get better in the off season, can't say the same about the Caps. GMGM will go out a get a career minor leaguer and expect that to be the answer, as usual. Good luck to the Flyers in signing Bryzy, but i think they get it done.

fsnoles98 is offline  
Old
06-07-2011, 08:11 PM
  #360
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 40,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
Big moves are awesome.

Hossa to Chicago --> Stanley Cup
Gonchar/Sykora to Pittsburgh --> Stanley Cup
Rafalski/Stuart to Detroit --> Stanley Cup
Pronger/Niedermayer to Anaheim --> Stanley Cup
Williams/Whitney to Carolina --> Stanley Cup
Luongo/Ehrhoff/Hamhuis to Vancouver --> ????
Chara/Horton/-Kessel to Boston --> ????
thats all true.....then there is the long list of home run swings
taken almost annually by the flyers and the rangers.

the flyers in particular do this almost every year as if they have to.
and....no cup

txpd is offline  
Old
06-07-2011, 08:21 PM
  #361
Paulinho
No Man's Sky
 
Paulinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 2,272
vCash: 500
Varlamov to PHX for ???

Paulinho is offline  
Old
06-07-2011, 08:24 PM
  #362
HSHS
Losing is a disease
 
HSHS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Redondo Beach, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 17,639
vCash: 500
Yeah some offseason moves! Will be interesting to see what bryz signs for. Top paid player. Yikes. Never on a goalie that's not head and shoulders elite. Just cause u shat the bed with the back-ups doesn't mean you go 180 degrees other way.

HSHS is offline  
Old
06-07-2011, 08:24 PM
  #363
Mystlyfe
We're Touched
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 12,539
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
Big moves are awesome.

Hossa to Chicago --> Stanley Cup
Gonchar/Sykora to Pittsburgh --> Stanley Cup
Rafalski/Stuart to Detroit --> Stanley Cup
Pronger/Niedermayer to Anaheim --> Stanley Cup
Williams/Whitney to Carolina --> Stanley Cup
Luongo/Ehrhoff/Hamhuis to Vancouver --> ????
Chara/Horton/-Kessel to Boston --> ????
Hossa to Atlanta
Hossa to Pittsburgh
Hossa to Detroit
Phaneuf to Toronto
Kessel to Toronto
Bouwmeester to Calgary
Drury to New York
Gomez to New York
Jagr to New York
Redden to New York
Heatley to Ottawa
Heatley to San Jose
Thornton to San Jose
Kovalchuk to New Jersey
Richards to Dallas
Kariya to Colorado
Selanne to Colorado
Forsberg to Philadelphia
Forsberg to Nashville


Should I continue?

Mystlyfe is offline  
Old
06-07-2011, 08:26 PM
  #364
HSHS
Losing is a disease
 
HSHS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Redondo Beach, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 17,639
vCash: 500
You through?

Not even close bud.


You forgot jagr to caps...

HSHS is offline  
Old
06-07-2011, 08:28 PM
  #365
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles
 
BrooklynCapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 14,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Hossa to Atlanta
Hossa to Pittsburgh
Hossa to Detroit
Phaneuf to Toronto
Kessel to Toronto
Bouwmeester to Calgary
Drury to New York
Gomez to New York
Jagr to New York
Redden to New York
Heatley to Ottawa
Heatley to San Jose
Thornton to San Jose
Kovalchuk to New Jersey
Richards to Dallas
Kariya to Colorado
Selanne to Colorado
Forsberg to Philadelphia
Forsberg to Nashville


Should I continue?
No need. Hell, there's big move duds on the cup teams I mentioned. Campbell and Huet are the most obvious.

If you want to make a point about being slow and steady, name a recent cup winner that didn't make a bold move in getting there. Now, I've gone back as far as the lockout, but I'm sure you'll find one soon before that.

BrooklynCapsFan is offline  
Old
06-07-2011, 08:28 PM
  #366
DCRedhawk21
Registered User
 
DCRedhawk21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 872
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
Big moves are awesome.

Hossa to Chicago --> Stanley Cup
Gonchar/Sykora to Pittsburgh --> Stanley Cup
Rafalski/Stuart to Detroit --> Stanley Cup
Pronger/Niedermayer to Anaheim --> Stanley Cup
Williams/Whitney to Carolina --> Stanley Cup
Luongo/Ehrhoff/Hamhuis to Vancouver --> ????
Chara/Horton/-Kessel to Boston --> ????

Thornton/Heatley/Boyle to SJS --->
Gaborik to NYR -->
Penner, Smyth to LAK -->


I'm not saying big acquisitions are a bad thing, but you only picked the ones that worked...

DCRedhawk21 is offline  
Old
06-07-2011, 08:32 PM
  #367
mrwarden
Nothing Witty
 
mrwarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 8,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
No need. Hell, there's big move duds on the cup teams I mentioned. Campbell and Huet are the most obvious.

If you want to make a point about being slow and steady, name a recent cup winner that didn't make a bold move in getting there. Now, I've gone back as far as the lockout, but I'm sure you'll find one soon before that.
I was pretty sure you were being sarcastic...Luongo? Yeah...a short 5 years later they win it all!!!!!! I bet St. Louis is just biding their time on that Gretzky acquisition. I could dissect the list further...but they seem obvious.

__________________
mrwarden is in ur threads, deleting ur posts
mrwarden is offline  
Old
06-07-2011, 08:35 PM
  #368
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 40,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsnoles98 View Post
I see one team is trying to get better in the off season, can't say the same about the Caps. GMGM will go out a get a career minor leaguer and expect that to be the answer, as usual. Good luck to the Flyers in signing Bryzy, but i think they get it done.
i see one team flailing and thrashing. its a reason why they fail. i dont see the red wings turning their team upside down because they didnt win the cup two seasons in a row.

txpd is offline  
Old
06-07-2011, 08:37 PM
  #369
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles
 
BrooklynCapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 14,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
I was pretty sure you were being sarcastic...Luongo? Yeah...a short 5 years later they win it all!!!!!! I bet St. Louis is just biding their time on that Gretzky acquisition. I could dissect the list further...but they seem obvious.
They haven't won anything actually. And take him off the list if you like; replace him with Gillis. Chara too has been in Boston a while.

BrooklynCapsFan is offline  
Old
06-07-2011, 08:44 PM
  #370
fsnoles98
Registered User
 
fsnoles98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,059
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
i see one team flailing and thrashing. its a reason why they fail. i dont see the red wings turning their team upside down because they didnt win the cup two seasons in a row.
Atleast a team is trying to resolve their problem area.

How many cups do the Flyers have? Weren't they just in the finals last year?

What have the Caps done, besides be overrated? I have been a caps fan for a long time, but I am also a realist. We can not babble facts. One Stanley cup appearance in the franchise history is nothing to brag about.

fsnoles98 is offline  
Old
06-07-2011, 08:53 PM
  #371
Govechkin
Registered User
 
Govechkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 117
vCash: 500
Glad the Caps didn't land Bryz. I would wager that any 2 of 3 Caps goalies should be able to handle the workload.

As for Roster Building, I would say Semin needs to go. We have a top-flight winger and center in OV and 19, and if Kuz is NHL-ready in the next three seasons, better to spend the free cap space on some D-men. Assuming Shultz doesn't suddenly realize he is massive and start playing to his size, ship him, Sloan, and Poti out. Combine that space with Semin out, and there should be plenty of space to sign 2 top-6 defensemen and a top-six winger. Give Eakin and Beagle and that new guy a shot at cracking the roster (for cheap) and slot in MoJo as a 2nd or 3rd line center. We don't need Semin-type wingers to take dumb stick penalties and take days off, and for the money, upgrading our D makes a lot more sense. Even if Hannan, Wideman, Green, Carlson, and Alzner stay, you still need at least two NHL-caliber defensemen on the roster. Use the 9+ mill from Semin/Shultz/Poti and go get two.

Plus, an improved D should make whoever we have between the pipes breathe a bit easier, and if there are any injuries (and there will be), we need someone other than Toiletmaker 89 to take some games. Count me in with the "Orlov won't be in a Caps uniform this season" camp. Don't think we will see Kuz either, even if he gets out of his Russian contract.

Govechkin is offline  
Old
06-07-2011, 09:03 PM
  #372
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 40,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsnoles98 View Post
Atleast a team is trying to resolve their problem area.

How many cups do the Flyers have? Weren't they just in the finals last year?

What have the Caps done, besides be overrated? I have been a caps fan for a long time, but I am also a realist. We can not babble facts. One Stanley cup appearance in the franchise history is nothing to brag about.
* The Caps are not turning their roster upside down every year means they are not trying?

* Flyers have not won a Cup since since the Caps first year 74-75.

* The Flyers made the finals and lost. This season they got bounced in 4 games in the second round. Just like the Caps

* Ok...the Caps are overrated. You McPhee should trade the overrated for some underrated?

txpd is offline  
Old
06-07-2011, 09:05 PM
  #373
Mystlyfe
We're Touched
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 12,539
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
No need. Hell, there's big move duds on the cup teams I mentioned. Campbell and Huet are the most obvious.

If you want to make a point about being slow and steady, name a recent cup winner that didn't make a bold move in getting there. Now, I've gone back as far as the lockout, but I'm sure you'll find one soon before that.
Gonchar signed with the Penguins after the lockout, and before they were a cup contender. They didn't win in Pittsburgh until his fourth year there. Their big addition was Hossa, which didn't work out. Who else? Guerin? Sykora? Gill? Neither of those moves are bigger than the caliber of moves that McPhee makes with guys like Knuble, Arnott, Wideman, etc.

Mystlyfe is offline  
Old
06-07-2011, 09:08 PM
  #374
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles
 
BrooklynCapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 14,498
vCash: 500
Piggybacking off the Mjo discussion, he's not my favorite kind of center by a longshot, but Versteeg makes a lot of sense. An offensive center who would give Mjo some breathing room to grow into himself. And Philly has to deal.

Shouldn't take more than the first founder.

BrooklynCapsFan is offline  
Old
06-07-2011, 09:27 PM
  #375
Capitlols
Registered User
 
Capitlols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 10,371
vCash: 500
Philly get Bryz, meh. If we decided on going for a goalie this off-season I'd prefer Vokoun anyways.

Maybe PHO wants Neuvirth or Varlamov?

Capitlols is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.