HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Philly and goalies

Old
05-18-2011, 08:19 AM
tmack224

vCash: 500
Philly and goalies

The Courier Post's Chuck Gormley writes, "There are whispers that they may make a pitch for Buffalo's Ryan Miller, the Rangers' Henrik Lundqvist, Calgary's Miikka Kiprusoff, Minnesota's Niklas Backstrom or, yes, New Jersey's Martin Brodeur."

Got this off ESPN insider this morning. Could Philly really make a package that could land one of these goalies?

I know we always todd out trade proposals with guys like this in it and no one can ever agree on a value. Im just wondering what fans from each team would want for their goalie and what philly fans would give up.

tmack224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 08:25 AM
Stockholm Syndrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmack224 View Post
The Courier Post's Chuck Gormley writes, "There are whispers that they may make a pitch for Buffalo's Ryan Miller, the Rangers' Henrik Lundqvist, Calgary's Miikka Kiprusoff, Minnesota's Niklas Backstrom or, yes, New Jersey's Martin Brodeur."

Got this off ESPN insider this morning. Could Philly really make a package that could land one of these goalies?

I know we always todd out trade proposals with guys like this in it and no one can ever agree on a value. Im just wondering what fans from each team would want for their goalie and what philly fans would give up.
We're going to get all of them, and have them build a human pyramid in the crease. Marty will be on the bottom, of course.

Stockholm Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 08:32 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockholm Syndrome View Post
We're going to get all of them, and have them build a human pyramid in the crease. Marty will be on the bottom, of course.
yes of course the only goalie their to have won a cup would be on the bottom and not the top

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 08:36 AM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmack224 View Post

Interesting since those were the exact goalies listed in a trade proposal on these very boards a few days ago. Looks like we know where the 'whispers' are coming from.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 08:40 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
ESPN just takes their "insider rumors" from other sources, aka the crap that was posted on here yesterday

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 08:42 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Whites Eye View Post
ESPN just takes their "insider rumors" from other sources, aka the crap that was posted on here yesterday
the espn insider used me as a source awhile ago

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 08:45 AM
Stockholm Syndrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
yes of course the only goalie their to have won a cup would be on the bottom and not the top

...really? if you're just messing with me, 10/10.

Stockholm Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 08:45 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 0
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=914759

original discussion

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 08:51 AM
tmack224

ya it just sounds funny that its a guy from a philly newspaper. Thats like a writer in Buffalo saying there are whispers the Bills are going after Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers.

It would be the Biggest trade since Gretzky to get miller or Lundqvist in my opinion. Not in the amount of people traded but just the blockbuster esque trade it would be if it happened

Old
05-18-2011, 08:53 AM
TOGuy14

Disclaimer: I don't think Philly would be able to get either Miller or Lund, but lets discuss.

The only way that Buffalo trades Miller is if they think that Enroth is the real deal. Probably too early for them to make that transition.

I think the NYR are more likely to make the move as Sather doesn't mind grabbing a FA goalie (Vokoun / Bryz?). They will probably ask for a lot though

To NYR: Jeff Carter, JVR
To Phi: Henrik L, 3rd Rd pick.

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 09:01 AM
Beesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
Disclaimer: I don't think Philly would be able to get either Miller or Lund, but lets discuss.

The only way that Buffalo trades Miller is if they think that Enroth is the real deal. Probably too early for them to make that transition.

I think the NYR are more likely to make the move as Sather doesn't mind grabbing a FA goalie (Vokoun / Bryz?). They will probably ask for a lot though

Sorry man, but it would be Claude Giroux + Jeff Carter to get Lundqvist. You have to overpay by a lot to get a franchise goalie that is a fan-favorite.

Beesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 09:18 AM
ELab2

If they're willing to trade one of JVR, Richard, Carter, or Giroux I think they can make a legitimate play for pretty much any goalie in the league except those that simply aren't going to be traded by their team under almost any circumstance.

In my view however, even if they will trade on of those guys, they should get Vokoun or Bryz in FA and get other assets for one of those players.

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 09:20 AM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Bahahahahahahahaha...thats kinda funny.

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 09:24 AM
SabresFanNorthPortFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post

I don't neccesarily think Miller is untouchable, as other Sabres fans do. You would have to "pry" him away from us but he might be had.

BUT...

He is the face of the Sabres. He is the face of American Hockey. He is in his prime.

I do think you're mistaken about Enroth, as if they traded Miller, there are others available. In Philly's situation, all as they need is a goalie, other than that they have a tremendous team. Really, how do you expect to win a Stanley Cup pulling a goalie each night, how does that build team chemistry???? Miller playing on the Flyers this year and they are still playing.

In a Sabres' perspective, it seems to be harder to get a #1 center than a #1 goalie. Some of the current winning trends in the NHL are put your money down the middle and have an adequet goalie.

Say we trade Miller for one of the Flyers Centers and defensman, which would be the package. The Center's cap hit/salary would be a wash with Miller's, so we take on just the defensman's...what....$3-4mil? That would leave us over $15 in cap space to sign our free agents and sign a goalie....we have that option, the Flyers don't...they need to get rid of pieces to fit that goalie in.

Honestly, do it before July 1st and the Sabres could still go after Brad Richards AND A top Goalie and have cap space. So say it's for Giroux and Carle.

Vanek - Richards - Pomminville
Ennis - Giroux - Stafford
Gerbe - Roy - Boyes
Hecht - Gausted - Kaleta

Butler - Myers
Carle - Sekera
Leopold - Weber
Grangini

Vokoun
Enroth

Pipe dream but I'll take it!!!!! I didn't go through the exact cap hits, so we might have to trade somone. But that team would be awesome!!!!

SabresFanNorthPortFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 09:30 AM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

He's off his rocker. Seriously.
If there was no cap, I could see Homer dramatically overpaying for a goalie in a trade. Not now.

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 09:34 AM
tmack224

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanNorthPortFL View Post
I don't neccesarily think Miller is untouchable, as other Sabres fans do. You would have to "pry" him away from us but he might be had.

BUT...

He is the face of the Sabres. He is the face of American Hockey. He is in his prime.

I do think you're mistaken about Enroth, as if they traded Miller, there are others available. In Philly's situation, all as they need is a goalie, other than that they have a tremendous team. Really, how do you expect to win a Stanley Cup pulling a goalie each night, how does that build team chemistry???? Miller playing on the Flyers this year and they are still playing.

In a Sabres' perspective, it seems to be harder to get a #1 center than a #1 goalie. Some of the current winning trends in the NHL are put your money down the middle and have an adequet goalie.

Say we trade Miller for one of the Flyers Centers and defensman, which would be the package. The Center's cap hit/salary would be a wash with Miller's, so we take on just the defensman's...what....$3-4mil? That would leave us over $15 in cap space to sign our free agents and sign a goalie....we have that option, the Flyers don't...they need to get rid of pieces to fit that goalie in.

Honestly, do it before July 1st and the Sabres could still go after Brad Richards AND A top Goalie and have cap space. So say it's for Giroux and Carle.

Gerbe - Roy - Boyes
Hecht - Gausted - Kaleta

Butler - Myers
Carle - Sekera
Leopold - Weber
Grangini

Vokoun
Enroth

Pipe dream but I'll take it!!!!! I didn't go through the exact cap hits, so we might have to trade somone. But that team would be awesome!!!!
Wow just Wow.. I would prolly die of a heart attack if the sabres puled all of that off and make it work under the cap. prolly have to get rid of boyes and morrisons contract somehow tho

Old
05-18-2011, 09:55 AM
Miller Time NYR
HFBoards Sponsor

What a joke.

-If I were Philly I'd go after vokoun first and foremost, he'd come asset free and has a couple years left in the tank.
-next would be Schneider, Philly has showed they have no problem moving firsts an that'd be the start of a deal to get him from the nucks.
-and lastly try and pry biron from the rangers but that's not likely to happen.

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 09:59 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

Bunch of crap... I think they'll go after Bryz or Vokoun (more likely) for free instead.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 10:10 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
If Lou is willing to trade Brodeur to the Flyers, that should be the red flag right there. He's never made a trade with the Flyers.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 10:32 AM
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Hide yo goalies! we gonna get you!

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 11:38 AM
SeanVT395
It's Not Even Close

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 View Post
What a joke.

-If I were Philly I'd go after vokoun first and foremost, he'd come asset free and has a couple years left in the tank.
-next would be Schneider, Philly has showed they have no problem moving firsts an that'd be the start of a deal to get him from the nucks.
-and lastly try and pry biron from the rangers but that's not likely to happen.
No reason to give up assests to try and get Schneider when they've clearly commited to Bobrovsky. Plus they have Eriksson most likely to come over to NA in the next year or two.

SeanVT395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 12:51 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Hide yo goalies! we gonna get you!
LOL, that is funny.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 01:07 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

I think we need another Phiily needs a goalie thread or Philly is in cap space hell! (even though this isnt true) thread.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 01:29 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockholm Syndrome View Post

...really? if you're just messing with me, 10/10.
I was and you fell for it which is kind of sad

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 01:38 PM
SabresFanNorthPortFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanNorthPortFL View Post

Gerbe - Roy - Boyes
Hecht - Gausted - Kaleta

Butler - Myers
Carle - Sekera
Leopold - Weber
Grangini

Vokoun
Enroth
OK, I did a little homework....

Vanek (7.14) - Richards (8) - Pomminville (5.3)
Ennis (.875) - Giroux (4 est) - Stafford (4 est)
Gerbe (1 est) - Roy (4) - Boyes (4)
Hecht (3.525) - Gausted (2.3) - Kaleta (.875)
McCormick (.875 est)

Leopold (3) - Myers (1.3)
Carle (3.437) - Weber (.875)
Sekera (1.5 est) - Morrison (2.075)
Grangini (.875)

Enroth (.875)
?????

Without a #1 goalie = $59.827
So we would need to trade a guy or two to make it work. Sorry but we are not that far off...make it happen Regeir

SabresFanNorthPortFL is offline   Reply With Quote