Old
05-24-2011, 04:07 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
Feaster Upbeat About Signing Tanguay

As per flames.com

http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...id=DL|CGY|home

Hopefully this gets done sooner than later!

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 07:35 PM
CoRD
Shots Fired

I think most of us knew Tanguay would get re-signed. It was Glencross that nobody thought would be re-upped. I had a feeling he would be. It's Babchuk, Karlsson and Morrsion that might be going elsewhere. Which is sad.

CoRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 08:36 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post
It's Babchuk, Karlsson and Morrison that might be going elsewhere. Which is sad.

Feaster has made it clear he plans to re-sign Karlsson.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 09:35 PM
GototheFlamestotheGo

I really hope that they aren't letting Anton go. He's a solid mid-to-bottom pairing Dman who can chip in on the PP and gives us a weapon offensively from the blueline, which is crucial considering JBo's ineffectiveness at scoring.

He was solid for us and it would be great if he could be in a Calgary jersey in the future.

GototheFlamestotheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 10:35 PM
Signature
PEEP PEEP PARTY

It's weird but I keep on readin the thread title as "upset" instead of "upbeat".

Anyways... I don't think there's many Calgary fans who'd want to part with Tanguay. However, I don't see Karlsson as being as essential of a piece as Babchuk or Morrison... I wish he wasn't on Feaster's short-list.

Don't get me wrong, I love the kid and he has some good raw skill. However, Kiprusoff just isn't going to play less than 65 games a season. Kiprusoff, while no longer in Vezina form, is still a great, solid goaltender, and he plays 85%+ of the season... and it almost doesn't matter who our goaltender is as long as they are at least capable. Might I remind you that we had McElhinney and while he wasn't great for us, we still did OK (not great) overall?

Anyways, that's my 2 cents.

Signature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2011, 07:28 AM
slappipappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GototheFlamestotheGo View Post
I really hope that they aren't letting Anton go. He's a solid mid-to-bottom pairing Dman who can chip in on the PP and gives us a weapon offensively from the blueline, which is crucial considering JBo's ineffectiveness at scoring.

He was solid for us and it would be great if he could be in a Calgary jersey in the future.
I don't think it's a matter of "letting him go".

For cap reasons, he likely isn't affordable.

slappipappi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2011, 11:43 AM
AfricanHerbsman

we NEED to sign tangs his chem with J12 is to sick. maybe similar to glennys deal 3.5 over 4?. glenX signed already i like, but i'd also like us to try and sign karlsson and babs if possible.

AfricanHerbsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 07:35 PM
GaryTheGreatRoberts

Tangs and Karlsson forsho

GaryTheGreatRoberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 02:47 PM
berto14

Anyone know what the hold-up is on getting Tanguay signed? From what I've read, both Tanguay and Feaster have said they'd like to get a deal done, yet nothing has been announced. Is it a cap issue? Do we need to wait for the cap to go up before we can fit him in?

Assuming a deal does happen, what kind of dollars/length can we expect?

berto14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 02:59 PM
saillias

Better players require more time for negotiation and Tanguay's worth is hard to pinpoint. He's made as much as 5.5 million and as little as 1.7 million last season. He has to decide how much of a "hometown discount" he's willing to take to stay here.

saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 03:01 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by berto14 View Post
Anyone know what the hold-up is on getting Tanguay signed? From what I've read, both Tanguay and Feaster have said they'd like to get a deal done, yet nothing has been announced. Is it a cap issue? Do we need to wait for the cap to go up before we can fit him in?

Assuming a deal does happen, what kind of dollars/length can we expect?
Still a few weeks left before July 1st so lots of time to get something done. I would be pretty shocked if Tanguay did not resign here, he has chemistry with Iginla and likes playing here. Cap is not an issue, we have 3.5 mill in space and I believe your allowed to be over the cap until sometime in september. As for dollar and length I could see something like a 2 year 3 million a year deal.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 03:03 PM
tfong

Who cares about upbeat I just want him signed lol.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 04:46 PM
Triple Deke

Quote:
Originally Posted by berto14 View Post
I think Tangs will wait after July 1st. Although I'm confidant he'll sign back with Flames, it doesn't hurt him to at least hear other offers. That was the whole point of signing the 1 yr.

Triple Deke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:08 PM
BenThatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
Still a few weeks left before July 1st so lots of time to get something done. I would be pretty shocked if Tanguay did not resign here, he has chemistry with Iginla and likes playing here. Cap is not an issue, we have 3.5 mill in space and I believe your allowed to be over the cap until sometime in september. As for dollar and length I could see something like a 2 year 3 million a year deal.
It comes down to tag room. Craig Button explained it a few weeks ago on QR77, he said that they have to wait until July 1 to sign him because they don't have the tag room to do so right now.

BenThatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:10 PM
fischy13

There is no doubt he re-signs. He went through the same thing Conny did when he left and wanted back in a bad way.

I personally think they are waiting for the cap to go up so Feaster knows exactly how much he can give him without handcuffing them for the whole season, and Tanguay will take what ever that number is, to stay. He wants to be here as much as Conny did. Taking 1.7 mil last year showed that.

fischy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 10:36 AM
Padlock

Boomer just said on the fan that from what he's heard, a signing is very close. Also said that if what he heard is true, it's relatively long term and there's no hometown discount. Another stellar move by Feaster, said it before and I'll say it again, Feaster will be the worst move this club has made since they made Risebrough GM

Padlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 10:53 AM
Janks
Pope Janks

vCash: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padlock View Post
Boomer just said on the fan that from what he's heard, a signing is very close. Also said that if what he heard is true, it's relatively long term and there's no hometown discount. Another stellar move by Feaster, said it before and I'll say it again, Feaster will be the worst move this club has made since they made Risebrough GM
Doubt that Boomer is right on that one.. I can see a 3-4 million until Jaromes contract expires. I can't imagine Feaster made a long term commitment to a complimentary player to Iginla.

Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 10:53 AM
Xelstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padlock View Post
Ouch. The long term part is no problem because it's easy to see him continue to put up points well into being 34-35 but the price is the problem.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 12:44 PM
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

You guys keep forgetting, after Richards, Tanguay is had the most points of any UFA forward. That fact alone means he doesn't have to accept a home town discount if he doesn't want to.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 01:11 PM
Xelstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
You guys keep forgetting, after Richards, Tanguay is had the most points of any UFA forward. That fact alone means he doesn't have to accept a home town discount if he doesn't want to.
True, but after poor seasons in Montreal and Tampa Bay, you would think he would be less inclined to go elsewhere instead of finding stability in a team he knows he can produce in regularly.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 01:27 PM
Padlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
And we don't have to sign him if the cost is too much. I think most people's point is that Tanguay at market value is no good to us. I'd rather let him walk than pay him 4+

Padlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 01:43 PM
saillias

I guess hoping Tanguay would put the team first is too much to ask. For him as long as he gets his money and his 1st line minutes with Iggy he doesn't give a damn. Ok, good for him, he gave us a good discount last season that he can justify getting a raise. But Feaster has no excuse for giving in. As I've said many times, what's the point in re-signing all the players you had last season, when you didn't make the playoffs, for more money. It's just a downward spiral.

saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 02:39 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Lets wait and see what the numbers are before we judge. But if its any more than 3.5 - 3.75 million I don't think it will be that great of a signing. I can live with him making 3.75 million, but a 4+ million dollar multi year contract is same kind of thing Sutter would do.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 05:54 PM
Feel The Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenThatcher View Post
It comes down to tag room. Craig Button explained it a few weeks ago on QR77, he said that they have to wait until July 1 to sign him because they don't have the tag room to do so right now.
Among #NHL teams with 50 contracts: #Bruins, #Flames, #FLAPanthers, #Flyers, #TBLightning, #Canucks.

All it means is these teams can't acquire another player who was under contract in 2010-11 --- unless they clear a contract themselves.

Via Twitter
capgeek

Feel The Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 09:08 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelstyle View Post
True, but after poor seasons in Montreal and Tampa Bay, you would think he would be less inclined to go elsewhere instead of finding stability in a team he knows he can produce in regularly.
His season in Montreal was far from poor, in fact he was probably their best forward before being injured.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote