HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

SCF: Game 1 - Vancouver Canucks vs. Boston Bruins - Jun 1 - 5:00PM PST - CBC

Closed Thread

Old
05-28-2011, 12:42 PM
Eddy Punch Clock
Go Herbvat

vCash: 500
Anyone got any tips on how one puts themselves into a self induced coma for four days?

Old
05-28-2011, 12:42 PM
vadim sharifijanov
#bryantreevesbad

suggestions for the game 1 GDT:

stanchions

vs.

execs

vs.

germans

vs.

daddy's boys

vs.

Old
05-28-2011, 12:43 PM
Placebo Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINCOM View Post
I question how these stats would be different if the Canucks had played a beaten down Philly team with atrocious goaltending in the 2nd round as supposed to trying to outtrap Pekka Rinne and the Nashville Predators.

Bruins scored 5 or more goals in 3 of the 4 games they played against the Flyers. Canucks played 2 more games and by virtue of the nature of their opponent, still scored less goals than the Bruins.

I think the likes of Raymond, Higgins, Torres and Hansen are capable of matching the output of their Bruin counterparts.
Not just Philly, but Tampa wasn't all word defensively either. Boston put up 21 goals against the Lightning, granted in 7 games but Roloson was not the Roloson of rounds 1 and 2.

I laugh at the Bruins fans bringing up their REGULAR season win against us. No Edler, Bieksa, Lapierre or Higgins. It was a completely different Canucks team back then and we were in the midst of our worst slump of the year (by our standards at least).

benkuzma
Kesler didn't skate Friday and is out for pre-practice session with skills coach Saturday to test left leg. Looks fine.

Old
05-28-2011, 12:46 PM
Nuckles
Bim Jenning

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by spixel View Post

Aw yeah!!

Only 78 hours and 14 minutes until the game starts!!

Old
05-28-2011, 12:53 PM
Placebo Effect

VanCanucks
Rome and Ehrhoff taking the ice to begin #Canucks practice. #bringithome

Old
05-28-2011, 12:56 PM
Eddy Punch Clock
Go Herbvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadim sharifijanov View Post
suggestions for the game 1 GDT:
Wicked collection.

May I also suggest Coho vs. Sea Bass...

Old
05-28-2011, 01:01 PM
The Vinstar

I see how you guys mean streaky... in my nhl 11 Beagm, he had 5 goals all season and in the past 7 games he's got 11.

Old
05-28-2011, 01:03 PM
Waveburner
RIP Luc

While the Canucks fan in me will remain paranoid about losing until the day Henrik hoists the Cup, the hockey fan in me thinks this will be a short series.

Boston is completely dependant on five on five scoring. Good ****ing luck scoring three five on five goals per game against the Canucks. The Canucks move the puck too well and play in zone defense too well to consistently give up goals at even strength. Boston has not faced a good forecheck yet in the playoffs. Their defense is the slowest and worst at moving the puck the Canucks have faced so far. Their top line was useless against a speedy Habs team that lacked the Canucks depth in all areas.

I'm not saying Boston is not a good team or that the games won't be close. Just that the Canucks are better in every facet of the game. Everything Boston does well the Canucks do better. Plus the Canucks actually have a powerplay.

I'm calling Canucks in five, although a sweep would not surprise me. Of course if Thomas is ridiculous it could go six games. But barring injuries, the Canucks are just that much better than Boston.

Old
05-28-2011, 01:03 PM
vadim sharifijanov
#bryantreevesbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Punch Clock View Post
Wicked collection.

May I also suggest Coho vs. Sea Bass...
haha, nice.

guys even pavel's on the bandwagon:

Quote:
"Definitely I'm going to watch that final and I wish for them to win the Cup," Bure said Friday from Miami.
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=367091

Old
05-28-2011, 01:05 PM
Fictional Realism
Moustache Power

vCash: 894
Heh, I'm always a little taken aback when Eastern teams pretty much display no knowledge of the team coming out of the West. There are guys over there saying Tampa is a better offensive team then we are, has more depth, and a better PP....despite the fact no stats actually indicate that is the case.

I don't think they realize we're like Tampa/Montreal on steroids.

Old
05-28-2011, 01:09 PM
Treefingers
\_(ツ)_/

Wow...some of you guys are kinda...*sighs*.

A healthy Sammy would be a huge addition to this team. You guys know that he had 15 points in 12 playoff games last year, yes? He was clearly hurt even before he went down with another injury in these playoffs too. The Canucks can obviously get by without him, but anyone saying that they wouldn't want/don't care about a healthy Samuelsson is, well...yeah.

Old
05-28-2011, 01:10 PM
Placebo Effect

Still butt hurt

mitchrosset
Chicago #Blackhawks captain and 2009/2010 Stanley Cup winner Jonathan Toews picks "not Vancouver" for his Stanley Cup Final prediction #NHL

Old
05-28-2011, 01:12 PM
ubiquitous
*shink*

Chicago in seven, Nashville in six, San Jose in five, Boston in....well, you get it.

Let's do it boys! Woo!

Old
05-28-2011, 01:18 PM
holyhabs

If you were to rank the 6 teams both you and the Bruins have played, you can make a great argument Sharks, Preds and Hawks are 1-2-3 and Flyers, TB and Habs are 4-5-6.

Just stay agressive. That is how Tampa did so well vs Boston. Game 7 they played such a passive style it only benefited the Bruins. What Tampa had in offense they lacked in defense. Habs were just plagued with injuries and a disaster year for Gomez gettin 20+ minutes. We had no production from our depth either. Half of Philly's roster was injured and they had no goalie.

Nucks are just as fast, perhaps more skilled and certainly more physical than all 3 teams the Bruins played. More important they had depth. Even better is that the depth is on defense. Sedins will have to step up and use their quick passes and speed vs Chara. If you keep him moving, that is when you can expose him.

Boston is a better road team because it suits their style more. I can see them tightening things up big time on D and just frustrating the hell out of the Nucks. It's really their best chance at winning and with TT in nets it could be even harder to score. But that style will also give the Nucks more puck posession therefore you should draw some penalties.

Old
05-28-2011, 01:20 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Still butt hurt

mitchrosset
Chicago #Blackhawks captain and 2009/2010 Stanley Cup winner Jonathan Toews picks "not Vancouver" for his Stanley Cup Final prediction #NHL
I'm sure I'll find at least one kindred spirit who feels this way amongst the Vancouver fanbase, but is it just me or does Toews come off as a giant ****** a lot of the time?

He's always commended for being mature beyond his years, but I see him pouting at the All-Star Game (both during the 'draft' and the skills comp), his quotes during the series this year and now this... He just seems very immature.

Compare that to a guy like Subban (not to drag my own team's players into this, but they're the ones I'm most familiar with). He has a reputation for being cocky and immature, yet when asked the same Q on TSN Radio yesterday, when he could have easily taken a shot at Boston he decides to talk about how he has friends playing for both the Bruins and Lightning and he'd like to see them succeed. He ultimately picked the Nucks though, because he wanted a Canadian team to win.

Old
05-28-2011, 01:27 PM
Waveburner
RIP Luc

Quote:
Still butt hurt

mitchrosset
God, I hope the Canucks face the Hawks next year too and beat them. I wonder how superior Toews would feel then? Arrogant ******.

Old
05-28-2011, 01:28 PM
Samzilla
Prust & Dorsett are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
I'm sure I'll find at least one kindred spirit who feels this way amongst the Vancouver fanbase, but is it just me or does Toews come off as a giant ****** a lot of the time?

He's always commended for being mature beyond his years, but I see him pouting at the All-Star Game (both during the 'draft' and the skills comp), his quotes during the series this year and now this... He just seems very immature.

Compare that to a guy like Subban (not to drag my own team's players into this, but they're the ones I'm most familiar with). He has a reputation for being cocky and immature, yet when asked the same Q on TSN Radio yesterday, when he could have easily taken a shot at Boston he decides to talk about how he has friends playing for both the Bruins and Lightning and he'd like to see them succeed. He ultimately picked the Nucks though, because he wanted a Canadian team to win.
Not sure where he gets this reputation. He's regularly seen reproaching his teammates and the refs.

Old
05-28-2011, 01:40 PM
skywarp75

this is actually what i like about toews. the guy HATES to lose, and he HATES the canucks. he wears his heart on his sleeve, says emotional and dumb things. im glad he hates us more than anyone else, its good to have a worthy adversary.

Old
05-28-2011, 01:43 PM
Proto

vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post

He's a petulant kid who managed to win a cup. That always re-writes history. I love that he's still crying about it. I hope it ruins his whole #*&@ing summer.

Old
05-28-2011, 01:46 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

The Bruins non-existent PP gives the Canucks a big edge at even strength. It allows us to take penalties to thwart high percentage scoring chances as well as gives Vancouver the opportunity to run over Tim Thomas at will, stir the pot and troll the Bruins into taking penalties. 5 PP opportunities for both teams a game plays right into the Canucks hands.

I'm calling it right now though. The officiating will do a complete 180 and Boston won't be shorthanded more than twice a game on average throughout this series. It's going to be a complete facre based on what we;ve seen to this point.

If your defense can't move the puck quickly and your forwards can't get in on the Canucks defense extrememly quickly you're not going to have success against this Vancouver team. This is a BAD matchup for Boston.

Vancouver in 5.

Old
05-28-2011, 01:55 PM
Flik
Canucks fan for life

Quote:
Still butt hurt

mitchrosset
LOL keep it classy Capt. Serious.

Old
05-28-2011, 02:09 PM
guyshello*

Send a message via MSN to guyshello*
await..................

Old
05-28-2011, 02:09 PM
Fictional Realism
Moustache Power

vCash: 894
Man, I will lose my freaking marbles if Kevin Bieksa wins a Conn Smythe (http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=367171)...I mean who the heck saw that one coming?

Old
05-28-2011, 02:10 PM
vadim sharifijanov
#bryantreevesbad

when it comes to being a baby, toews has nothing on kane. so maybe because of proximity, he seems more mature than he really is.

Old
05-28-2011, 02:13 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
I also want to point out that Luongo by far has the best evenstrength GAA in these playoffs. As long as the Bruins PP woes continue, this could be a very low scoring potentially very short series.