HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

SCF: Game 1 - Vancouver Canucks vs. Boston Bruins - Jun 1 - 5:00PM PST - CBC

Closed Thread

Old
05-28-2011, 09:12 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Punch Clock View Post
I'm getting sick of the generalizations and blanket statements made about the Canuck fan base.

Why do all Easterners always do that?
Because a lot of them follow what the canucks haters do. These forums are a minority, Just try to embrace it.

Old
05-28-2011, 09:13 PM
Canucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skg View Post
I wouldn't say Canuck fans are overconfident. 40 years of mostly bad hockey teams will have that effect. But there's definitely a quiet confidence that this is our year. From the start of the season to this point, the Canucks have been the best team in the league. All the stats point that out. Obviously, this series can go either way, but if the Canucks play their absolute best and the Bruins play their absolute best, the Nucks are going to win.
Thats not really the case because you've left out the most important factor...we have superior stanchions. ...seriously though, luck is always a huge factor in a series. Both teams could play phenomenally well and it could come down to simple dumb luck that ends the series in one team's favor...or it could come down to ******, one-sided reffing.

Old
05-28-2011, 09:14 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Just having

Sedin
kesler
Malholtra
lappy

As our centers makes me wanna cry in happiness.

Old
05-28-2011, 09:15 PM
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!

Some serious over merging going on here lately.

btw- there are two threads dedicated to selling tickets right now. Better go put that fire out...

Old
05-28-2011, 09:16 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Just having

Sedin
kesler
Malholtra
lappy

As our centers makes me wanna cry in happiness.
I will be sad if Lappy gets yanked off the 3rd line though, he deserves to be there.

Old
05-28-2011, 09:18 PM
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!

Quote:
Because a lot of them follow what the canucks haters do. These forums are a minority, Just try to embrace it.
I Should have added a

Why do you always misread all of my posts? ()

Old
05-28-2011, 09:20 PM
PG Canuck

vCash: 7611
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
I will be sad if Lappy gets yanked off the 3rd line though, he deserves to be there.
I agree, he deserves that role, but if Manny can take that role on again I say give it to him. It was Manny's role originally, and I think Lapierre would understand that. But Lapierre will continue to play on the 3rd line, where he has done a fantastic job filling in for Manny since his injury. I guess you can't go wrong with either of them on the 3rd line really, both have been outstanding.

And with one of them on the 4th line anyways, I expect AV to roll 4 lines again, and have trust in that 4th line.

Old
05-28-2011, 09:27 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
Oh I agree, but I was going for more overall depth if everybody was healthy

Old
05-28-2011, 09:33 PM
Catamarca Livin

It is Lapierre's job. If Manny plays so well that he takes away this job fine. However, not playing in a long time and not being able to see as well as before, it is unlikely. I think it is debatable whether he will play better than Hodgson on the fourth line, but this i would give him a chance at. The difference between Manny and Lapierre both healthy is quite small. Manny is better at faceoffs and slightly better offensively, but less aggressive and physical. Lapierre's line has been good in the playoffs don't change it now. I like Manny, Oreskovich, Bolduc line, we shouldn't need Tanner's penalty killing skills with Manny in the lineup.

Old
05-28-2011, 09:33 PM
AmazingNuck

When Lapierre stepped up, he gave us 3 sweet lines that we could roll and rely on. Torres/Lapierre/Hansen is a very physical line. Taking Torres off would just take away that dimension.. Hansen's a great defensive winger and taking him off would be detrimental to the line as he brings it together. I really like this line and I don't think it should be taken apart. Malhotra changes the entire complexion of it. But if he's as good as they say he is then you have to wonder where he slots in.

I suppose my suggestion would be to move Malhotra beside Kesler so that we've got a two-headed beast in terms of shutdown defense and face-off ability. Kesler doesn't really need linemates to produce at ES but if we had Malhotra covering the centre instead of Kesler, who would then cover a defender and use his + Raymond/Higgins' speed to create odd man rushes, we wouldn't lose any of the physicality/defensive ability of the third line or lose any defensive ability from our 2nd line.

With the linesmen waiving out the centres on the draw like it's going out of style, we wouldn't lose anything (in fact, we would gain) if Kesler was waived out for Manny.

Old
05-28-2011, 09:41 PM
VanEric

I see Manny on the fourth line for at least the first two home games. If he shows good form, I could see AV moving him up to the third line on the road.

Old
05-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Defeatist*

so one of the Bruins radio guys claims that the B's had a harder road to the finals (in terms of teams they faced) than the Canucks....
Bruins - Habs, Flyers, Bolts

Canucks - Hawks, Preds, Sharks

also went on to say that the Canucks are ALMOST as deep as them in forwards.

Old
05-28-2011, 09:52 PM
Biggest Canuck Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Biggest Canuck Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Diggler View Post
so one of the Bruins radio guys claims that the B's had a harder road to the finals (in terms of teams they faced) than the Canucks....

Who was it? When and what station did he say it on?

Old
05-28-2011, 09:57 PM
Edler Von Gud

vCash: 1308
Send a message via MSN to Edler Von Gud
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Diggler View Post

all the focus on forwards and it's going to be our puck moving and goal scoring defense that is going to give them fits. Amazing how overlooked it was in the San Jose series and now this series. Boston hasn't faced a defense near this good in generating offense.

Old
05-28-2011, 10:02 PM
Defeatist*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggest Canuck Fan View Post
Who was it? When and what station did he say it on?
I was listening to ESPN radio Boston last night. Not sure of the name of the guy because I heard it mid stream. I'm guessing it was part of the postgame show.

Old
05-28-2011, 10:11 PM
Samzilla
HFBoards Sponsor

Lol, there's a guy trolling me on the global series thread. I was talking about the flukey Bieksa goal and said, "many will say it was Marleaus's stick...many will say it was the stanchion...but us Canucks fans know it was really Luc Bourdon". He took umbrage with the comment, making it clear that there's no place in hockey for nice sentiments. Anyways, I just wanted to post this gif (I didn't make it, someone on CDC did) because I think it's amazing and gives us one more reason to win the Cup.

Win it with Manny! Win it for Luc!

EDIT: we're cool now, lol

Old
05-28-2011, 10:29 PM
eli J
Claw Machine broke

Send a message via AIM to eli J
I got chills seeing a Luc Bourdon comment, I hadn't thought of it from that angle. The highest rated comment on one of the youtube videos for the Bieksa goal said "That wasn't the stanchion, it was Luc Bourdon" and that was just a really cool way to look at it. For such a huge goal and such a crazy bounce... yeah, it was cool.

Old
05-28-2011, 10:41 PM
googlymoogly

Lapierre can play wing, he had a great playoffs last year against the Capitals and Penguins playing on Dominic Moore's line. They got some huge goals for Montreal while aggravating the opponent. If they put Manny at center then put Lappy at wing it will just make your 3rd line stronger.

Old
05-28-2011, 10:42 PM
Ronaldo
OVOXO

vCash: 855
Go Canucks Go!

Old
05-28-2011, 10:52 PM
Biggest Canuck Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Biggest Canuck Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edler Von Gud View Post
all the focus on forwards and it's going to be our puck moving and goal scoring defense that is going to give them fits. Amazing how overlooked it was in the San Jose series and now this series. Boston hasn't faced a defense near this good in generating offense.
While I do agree, i think the B's had very good success with playing 2 ment down low, and having 3 men on the blue/red line. it will be very hard to generate any offense IMO. That 3 men in the neutral zone/high onthe blue line is meant to negate the Canucks outlet passes and thus force them to play the puck more in their zone.

If Vancouver can get around this, it will give the B's alot of issues themselves.

Old
05-28-2011, 10:56 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by eli J View Post
I got chills seeing a Luc Bourdon comment, I hadn't thought of it from that angle. The highest rated comment on one of the youtube videos for the Bieksa goal said "That wasn't the stanchion, it was Luc Bourdon" and that was just a really cool way to look at it. For such a huge goal and such a crazy bounce... yeah, it was cool.
Ya man, I noticed that comment also, Can you imagine what burrows might say if we actually win.

I bet he would be really emotional.

Old
05-28-2011, 11:00 PM
Samzilla
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eli J View Post
I saw that too. Also, somebody on hf had a freeze-frame of the goal and they drew an arrow pointing to Edler, then one to the Stanchion with #28 Bourdon drawn in, then one to Bieksa.

Old
05-28-2011, 11:01 PM
Defeatist*

Not much difference there.

Old
05-28-2011, 11:01 PM
Defeatist*

Quote:
Ya man, I noticed that comment also, Can you imagine what burrows might say if we actually win.

I bet he would be really emotional.
I dont know how much more emotional he can be than Letang. They were best friends. Letang seemed pretty sad when he won the Cup.

Old
05-28-2011, 11:02 PM
Samzilla
HFBoards Sponsor

How much is Higgin's and Lapierre's experience playing the Bruins going to help us?

Closed Thread