HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stastny + 2nd Overall Pick

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-25-2011, 11:07 PM
  #1
Rhaego
Registered User
 
Rhaego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 6,646
vCash: 500
Stastny + 2nd Overall Pick

What would teams give for Stastny + 2nd Overall Pick?

I immediately thought of Malkin for some reason..

Rhaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2011, 11:17 PM
  #2
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns
 
WarriorOfGandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Country: Scotland
Posts: 14,035
vCash: 500
Bozak + 3rd

WarriorOfGandhi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2011, 11:22 PM
  #3
Rhaego
Registered User
 
Rhaego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 6,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
Bozak + 3rd
Must be a Toronto fan, eh?

Rhaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 12:21 AM
  #4
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 5,191
vCash: 500
Kovalev + 4th

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 12:32 AM
  #5
NothingLikeAnEJ
Jimmies: Rustled
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 4,451
vCash: 500


Why would we ever package the #2 with Stastny as a rebuilding team?

NothingLikeAnEJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 12:41 AM
  #6
Duchene2MacKinnon
71****70
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingLikeAnEJ View Post


Why would we ever package the #2 with Stastny as a rebuilding team?
To make the team better?

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 12:45 AM
  #7
NothingLikeAnEJ
Jimmies: Rustled
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 4,451
vCash: 500
Who out there would be available? Obviously if we are getting a Crosby, Ovie type player than you package it. But we wouldn't, because those players are not available.

Larsson + Stastny
Landeskog + Stastny
RNH + Stastny

I wouldn't even take Geno with his knee problems for any of those packages.

NothingLikeAnEJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 12:46 AM
  #8
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 5,191
vCash: 500
Kovalchuk?

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 12:54 AM
  #9
Duchene2MacKinnon
71****70
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingLikeAnEJ View Post
Who out there would be available? Obviously if we are getting a Crosby, Ovie type player than you package it. But we wouldn't, because those players are not available.

Larsson + Stastny
Landeskog + Stastny
RNH + Stastny

I wouldn't even take Geno with his knee problems for any of those packages.
LOL EJ had a worse injury to his knee and judging by your username you're happy that the avs traded for him. I would trade that package for Malkin, Stamkos, or Doughty. This will never happen of course but I'd make the trade.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 01:07 AM
  #10
NothingLikeAnEJ
Jimmies: Rustled
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 4,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchene2Mueller View Post
LOL EJ had a worse injury to his knee and judging by your username you're happy that the avs traded for him. I would trade that package for Malkin, Stamkos, or Doughty. This will never happen of course but I'd make the trade.
Stamkos and Doughty are in the untouchables category, but yeah if I could get them I would.

But Malkin is a 90-105 pt center (playing with Sid on the PP) and Staz is a 70-85 pt center. The 2nd overall pick would be too much to pay in order to get a moderate upgrade at the center position.

Switch 2nd overall with 11th overall and you have me signed up.

NothingLikeAnEJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 01:10 AM
  #11
NHL33*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 7,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingLikeAnEJ View Post
I wouldn't even take Geno with his knee problems for any of those packages.
I wouldn't hesitate to get Malkin, some of his injuries have been fluky... But Pittsburgh won't move him for very good reasons, so it's not even worth debating.

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 01:11 AM
  #12
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 5,191
vCash: 500
I don't think Stastny+2nd would touch Malkin. Definitely the value is very close, but the Avs still need to add imo.


Last edited by S E P H: 05-26-2011 at 01:19 AM.
S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 01:16 AM
  #13
Duchene2MacKinnon
71****70
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingLikeAnEJ View Post
Stamkos and Doughty are in the untouchables category, but yeah if I could get them I would.

But Malkin is a 90-105 pt center (playing with Sid on the PP) and Staz is a 70-85 pt center. The 2nd overall pick would be too much to pay in order to get a moderate upgrade at the center position.

Switch 2nd overall with 11th overall and you have me signed up.
Malkin had 106 pts and 113 pts back to back, in his so called "down" year he was on pace for 95 points. A motivated Malkin is as good as anybody in the league.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 01:21 AM
  #14
chewey
dmitri
 
chewey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Near You!
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchene2Mueller View Post
Malkin had 106 pts and 113 pts back to back, in his so called "down" year he was on pace for 95 points. A motivated Malkin is as good as anybody in the league.
I'd say he could be the best of the trio. His playoff performance made me awe in his ability. I would love Malkin and would easily trade Duchene + 2nd overall + 11th overall for him. I am sure thats just to get Pens interested and they have no reason to lift a finger with their team right now. Had Crosby and Malkin played I am sure the team would have made its 4th? consecutive semi final appearance.

chewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 01:24 AM
  #15
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Hasbro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: South Rectangle
Country: Sami
Posts: 30,467
vCash: 500
Bozak and Scrivens.

Hasbro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 01:28 AM
  #16
NothingLikeAnEJ
Jimmies: Rustled
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 4,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
Bozak and Scrivens.
+ Philly 3rd

NothingLikeAnEJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 01:28 AM
  #17
Duchene2MacKinnon
71****70
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitri View Post
I'd say he could be the best of the trio. His playoff performance made me awe in his ability. I would love Malkin and would easily trade Duchene + 2nd overall + 11th overall for him. I am sure thats just to get Pens interested and they have no reason to lift a finger with their team right now. Had Crosby and Malkin played I am sure the team would have made its 4th? consecutive semi final appearance.
Yeah, to me when Malkin is at his best he's the best player in the game but I didn't wanna get anyone upset lol so, I stayed conservative.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 01:33 AM
  #18
chewey
dmitri
 
chewey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Near You!
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchene2Mueller View Post
Yeah, to me when Malkin is at his best he's the best player in the game but I didn't wanna get anyone upset lol so, I stayed conservative.
Psh why care? As long as you aren't intentionally trolling you should state your opinion. If people don't like it: meh. All you are really doing would be arguing over someone you've never met

I mean I do it all the time!

So guys about that Duchene for Bogo trade.

chewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 01:35 AM
  #19
NothingLikeAnEJ
Jimmies: Rustled
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 4,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchene2Mueller View Post
Yeah, to me when Malkin is at his best he's the best player in the game but I didn't wanna get anyone upset lol so, I stayed conservative.
Might not be, but if that's directed at me I'd like to let you know that I am not upset at all. You bring up valid points and he is definitely a great player.

NothingLikeAnEJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 01:46 AM
  #20
Joe Sakic
Goodbye ROR
 
Joe Sakic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 3,870
vCash: 500
Gretzky in his prime.

Joe Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 01:47 AM
  #21
Duchene2MacKinnon
71****70
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitri View Post
Psh why care? As long as you aren't intentionally trolling you should state your opinion. If people don't like it: meh. All you are really doing would be arguing over someone you've never met

I mean I do it all the time!

So guys about that Duchene for Bogo trade.
Pft In your dreams Bud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingLikeAnEJ View Post
Might not be, but if that's directed at me I'd like to let you know that I am not upset at all. You bring up valid points and he is definitely a great player.
Oh, it's not at all directed at you. I just didn't want someone coming to tell me how Crosby is a generation talent, by far the best player today and should be compared to only Gretz.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 02:17 AM
  #22
shadow1
Registered User
 
shadow1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 11,533
vCash: 500
Ovechkin?

Why even discuss it? It's never going to happen.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 04:43 AM
  #23
Duchene2MacKinnon
71****70
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
Ovechkin?

Why even discuss it? It's never going to happen.
Meh, I'm kinda getting sick of talking about who the avs should draft.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 06:01 AM
  #24
skip2mybordeleau
We're not that good!
 
skip2mybordeleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,799
vCash: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchene2Mueller View Post
Meh, I'm kinda getting sick of talking about who the avs should draft.
gunna be a long off season

skip2mybordeleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 08:41 AM
  #25
falconski
Unregistered User
 
falconski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,539
vCash: 500
lebda+komisarek

falconski is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.