HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Paul Stastny

Old
05-25-2011, 11:12 PM
chewey
dmitri

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColAvsFan View Post
I said "if" we draft Huberdeau so with Duchene, Huberdeau, Hishon, Radar we would still have center depth. All these cup winners have elite defenses, something we don't have, but Staal would help tremendously.
Eh I didn't see you post that. Even then, having our centers be nothing but 20 year olds is scary. We talked about the lack of leadership and vet presence, it will sure as hell be felt.

I think all of this talk is premature. We'll best wait and see what happens at the draft.

chewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 12:11 AM
CB Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsWraith View Post
It may be unrealistic, but that doesn't mean people will stop longing for it to happen again.

To be honest, I have no idea what the right move is here. I only know that when I watch Staz out there, he does not fill me with a sense of confidence or excitement. I waited forever last year for him to take the team on his back and really take his game to another level. Then I thought, maybe there is no other level for him. I'll even argue that it was Duchene that tried to put the team on his back more than Staz did last season. Maybe taking any example from last year is unfair though, seeing as how every single thing that could go wrong did go wrong. I'm willing to keep Staz and see how he does, but I'm still skeptical that he has what it takes to take our team back to the top.
There were years when the mighty Joe Sakic couldn't get the Nords out of the basement. Your expectations of Stastny carrying a very bad Av's team out of the basement are unrealistic, there just was not enough talent on the team this season.

Over the last five seasons the Av's have made the playoffs twice. The two years the Av's made the playoffs Stastny lead the way in the regular season, finish as the top scorer both times. I feel confident the Av's can get back to the top with Stastny as the top center.

CB Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 12:47 AM
AvsWraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Joe View Post
There were years when the mighty Joe Sakic couldn't get the Nords out of the basement. Your expectations of Stastny carrying a very bad Av's team out of the basement are unrealistic, there just was not enough talent on the team this season.

Over the last five seasons the Av's have made the playoffs twice. The two years the Av's made the playoffs Stastny lead the way in the regular season, finish as the top scorer both times. I feel confident the Av's can get back to the top with Stastny as the top center.
Hope you're right, because we, the fans, are going to get real tired of being every team's ***** if you're wrong.

AvsWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 01:15 AM
Avsboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Joe View Post

Stastny really elevated his game in that San Jose series eh?

Avsboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 01:17 AM
chewey
dmitri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsboy View Post
Stastny really elevated his game in that San Jose series eh?
Five points in 6 games while shutting down the top line. I blame Cumiskey for not being able to clear the ****ing crease in game 4 that would have given the team a 3 - 1 series lead. Instead went 2 - 2 and the rest is history.

Old
05-26-2011, 01:31 AM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
Hasbro, the next time you troll on an alternate account, try to make it less obvious
If it were me I would have added Colborne and Aulie.

Hasbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 02:13 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Maybe. I remember being really impressed with Berglund a few years ago but not as much the past 2 years. I've seen all of the games vs the Avs and a few against Chicago after the trade (wanted to get a look at Shatty & Stewie in blue) and Berglund is a bit of an enigma for me. He hasn't been consistent enough for my taste but yeah, if he puts it all together then for sure he'll be an excellent player. But he's been too "Sergei Fedorov-ish" in my opinion and I'm talking specifically about the post-Hart trophy Fedorov. You know, the one that is dynamite one night and then invisible for the next 4 games. He'd definitely be riskier than a guy like Backes who's maybe got a lower ceiling but is more consistent. Just my take on it.
You make quite an interesting case. But to me it seems that Berglund hasn't got a clear role in STL, and you really can't take his inconsistency as a fatal flow at a age of 23. He'll only get better. I don't know if you saw him with Tre Konor at WC, but he was pretty good if not great + he was their captain. And I apsolutley love his elephant in the china shop aproach to the game. For me this is a deal for wich I would be willing to throw the dice.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 02:40 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

You guys have made some pretty good offers, and one really bad (you know who you are). To me the most interesting deals are:

to STL
Stastny
Barrie
Yip

to COL
Backes/Berglund
Schwartz
Allen

Thanks to Bender for this offer.

to NSH
Stastny

to COL
Suter or a package of Blum, Lindback, and Wilson maybe a little bit more is needed in this package from NSH but I think that's a good starting point.

to LA
Stastny
B. Elliot

to COL
Bernier/Quick - Avs get a prospect goalie that could became great, but he's no sure thing, or a proven starter if LA if sure that JB is their future starter
Schenn - another prospect, with good potential, but he could also end up as a bust
Smyth - salary dump for LA, and some veteran presence for Avs

I don't know but that seems like a pretty fair deal for me considering that goalies don't hold much value in NHL today trade wise, maybe Avs would need to add something, or maybe LA needs to sweeten it a little for us, I'm not sure, and I would like your intake on this deal. Please no JJ I just can't stand the guy.

What would you want from ATL. I personally think it would need to be based upon either Bogo + Ladd, or Kane + Wheeler (he publicly stated that he isn't thrilled about playing in Win)/Stuart, maybe we would need to add a little something to make it more appeling to ATL maybe not, your call.

Considering Staz + 2nd for Parise+4th, i wouldn't do it, but Stastny for Parise + salary dump I would do in a heartbeat, or Staz + 11th for Parise and their 2nd rounder.

Feel free to comment on the offers above.

Last edited by Ivan13: 05-26-2011 at 04:11 AM.
Old
05-26-2011, 10:52 AM
zingbo2133

What do you think it would take to get Bogo and Little from Atl

zingbo2133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 11:00 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zingbo2133 View Post
I think that they should add a little more to get Staz, but maybe that's only me.

Old
05-26-2011, 11:25 AM
chewey
dmitri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zingbo2133 View Post
Bogo I am obviously interested in however Little hasn't impressed me enough to warrant to trade for him. Bogo's value has dropped so I'd think something around the 11th pick + Quincey or Jones + Barrie.

Old
05-26-2011, 12:23 PM
Nihiliste

Loved that post CBJoe! Leafs fans need to read that before offering us random ****

Nihiliste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 06:11 PM
Cypher
#GenieArmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitri View Post
Bogo I am obviously interested in however Little hasn't impressed me enough to warrant to trade for him. Bogo's value has dropped so I'd think something around the 11th pick + Quincey or Jones + Barrie.
Liles and 11th for Bogo would be nice

As for Statsny, he's not going anywhere, in fact, he'll be the captain come training camp.

Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 06:29 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
As for Statsny, he's not going anywhere, in fact, he'll be the captain come training camp.
This

Colorado Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 06:32 PM
SlyAvs
smokin Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
Liles and 11th for Bogo would be nice

i agree on both ,Bogo and Stastny ,i mean i wish ,lol

SlyAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 06:36 PM
CB Joe

Not a chance the 11th and Liles will land us Bogo, it would be nice though.

CB Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 10:08 AM
sabresfan123*

How about Stafford, Ennis and Enroth for Stastny and Liles?

sabresfan123* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 10:56 AM
agentblack

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddkaz View Post
How about Stafford, Ennis and Enroth for Stastny and Liles?
Too much from BUF, Stafford and Ennis are pretty vital to their team, I dont think they'd be interested in Liles with an emerging pmd/pp guy in Gragnani
Enroth could be had. Im not sure for what. Im sure they would love PS, but I think the Avs at least want Gragnani and Enroth.

agentblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 11:25 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentblack View Post
Too much from BUF, Stafford and Ennis are pretty vital to their team, I dont think they'd be interested in Liles with an emerging pmd/pp guy in Gragnani
Enroth could be had. Im not sure for what. Im sure they would love PS, but I think the Avs at least want Gragnani and Enroth.
You think that Avs would trade Staz for Gragnani and Enroth? You sir make Leafs fans seem intelligent.

Old
05-28-2011, 11:57 AM
sabresfan123*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
You think that Avs would trade Staz for Gragnani and Enroth? You sir make Leafs fans seem intelligent.
Read much? He said atleast, meaning whoever they trade it would include Grangani and Enroth.

Old
05-28-2011, 12:00 PM
sabresfan123*

Quote:
So,,,Stafford Enroth and Grangani? Grangani is a Defencemand won Defenceman of the year in AHL and when recalled scores 7 points in 8 playoff games. Stafford was on pace for 40 goals and Enroth is a rookie and was 9-2-2 for the sabres this year.

Old
05-28-2011, 12:31 PM
agentblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
No need for insults jack. I said at least, also your asking BUF to take on 6-7 mil of his salary, something many people who make these proposals seem to forget.

Old
05-28-2011, 12:35 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 1000
Quote:
No need for insults jack. I said at least, also your asking BUF to take on 6-7 mil of his salary, something many people who make these proposals seem to forget.
Avs are at the cap floor (below, actually), so they do not need to shed salary -- something many people who make these proposals seem to forget.

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 12:52 PM
agentblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddkaz View Post
So,,,Stafford Enroth and Grangani? Grangani is a Defencemand won Defenceman of the year in AHL and when recalled scores 7 points in 8 playoff games. Stafford was on pace for 40 goals and Enroth is a rookie and was 9-2-2 for the sabres this year.
I would do it, but I dont think BUF would, a 30+goal guy, a great defensive prospect in Gragnani and a decent goalie prospect in Enroth. You have to give to get and while most of us on here love PS and may at times overvalue him. Avs have to add something else. I guess its a situation of how badly does BUF want another good center. At the cost of a good young D prospect and a 30 goal guy, hell those two by themselves should equal PS and then to add Enroth on top prob means the AVS deal a pick/prospect as well.

Old
05-28-2011, 12:53 PM
Freudian
Deja vu again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
Avs are at the cap floor (below, actually), so they do not need to shed salary -- something many people who make these proposals seem to forget.
So you're saying there is a chance...

we're getting Komisarek.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote