HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Tarasenko

Old
05-25-2011, 09:57 AM
dccuse

vCash: 500
Tarasenko

ESPN insider had this to say about Tarasenko:

[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]UPDATE: Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports prospect Vladimir Tarasenko will not join the St. Louis Blues for the 2011-12 season. The 19-year-old will skate one more season with Sibir in the Kontinental Hockey League.

This news, coupled with a report of the limited recovery -- to date -- of David Perron (concussion), means the Blues are light up front, in terms of scoring forwards. Which means the organization will likely try to deal away one or more of their three second-round picks at this year's Entry Draft for a forward capable of contributing in the here and now. According to the Post-Dispatch, general manager Doug Armstrong has hinted that's a course of action he's willing to take.

MOD-snip

Last edited by nyr2k2: 05-25-2011 at 08:10 PM. Reason: no full articles
dccuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2011, 10:06 AM
Chalfdiggity3

Id love to make a trade of Wolski and a 4th for a Taresenko and a 2nd but i highly doubt that would happen. It would free us up of another 3.8m to go after Richards or maybe a big name defensman while bringing in another 2nd, and a top rated goal scoring prospect. The one thing i wouldnt like is that if we do sign Richards, i would love to see Wolski on that line to give him a chance to be the 50-60pt winger he once was. Tough choice on what to do..

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2011, 10:13 AM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

Don't see how they couldn't use Wolski at this point.

Brendan Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2011, 10:13 AM
94now

Core player would be needed. No less. Why would STL trade him again? 19 year old staying in KHL, what's wrong with that?

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2011, 10:16 AM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Why would STL trade him again? 19 year old staying in KHL, what's wrong with that?
This.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2011, 10:17 AM
ck20

vCash: 50
I don't think OP was saying we were trading for Tarasenko, but for STL's picks instead.

ck20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2011, 10:20 AM
Chalfdiggity3

yea after re-reading the post, i see its not for Taresenko at all, they are stating because he is staying over in the KHL that the need some type of offensive forward and are looking to deal 1-3 of their 2nd round picks in order to fill that need.. I would think about trading wolski for 2 of their 2nd round picks.

Then trade our 15th, and 2 of our 4 2nd round picks to be able to get a pick somewhere from 6-10.

Old
05-25-2011, 10:23 AM
beastly115

Wolski for one of their 2nds makes too much sense.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2011, 10:26 AM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
I don't think OP was saying we were trading for Tarasenko, but for STL's picks instead.
I still don't see why a 19 year old (who was drafted one year ago), staying in Russia for another year, would alter the long-term plan for St Louis.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2011, 10:28 AM
NaturalIce

I would not hesitate at all to trade wolski for one of there 2nds. He'll be playing in Europe by 2014

NaturalIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2011, 10:29 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
I'd be really surprised if we got a 2nd for Wolski. Maybe it makes sense for us to be trade partners, but just because they have 3 2nd rounders doesn't mean they won't go higher than say a 3rd round pick for Wolski. It actually gives them more incentive to deal out of the third round.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2011, 10:29 AM
free0717

We dont have a pick in the 3rd, 6th or 7th round. How about Wolski for a 3rd and a 7th?

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2011, 10:32 AM
Chalfdiggity3

and why would we do Wolski for just a 3rd round pick? Just because Wolski had an off season when he was playing with waiver wire fodder in EC and Avery most of the year. The kid needs to be on an offensively talented line. He played well with Stepan and Zucca, and in the end when he was playing with Boyle and Prust he was playing very well. If you put him in the right situation hes a 50pt scoring winger again... Which is well worth over a 3rd round pick, especially since hes only signed for 1 more year and thats all the blues need him for unless they want to resign him after.

Old
05-25-2011, 10:37 AM
Propane Nightmares
Takes guts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
and why would we do Wolski for just a 3rd round pick? Just because Wolski had an off season when he was playing with waiver wire fodder in EC and Avery most of the year. The kid needs to be on an offensively talented line.
Did Wolski skate with Gaborik at all during the season? I can't remember

Propane Nightmares is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2011, 10:37 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
and why would we do Wolski for just a 3rd round pick? Just because Wolski had an off season when he was playing with waiver wire fodder in EC and Avery most of the year. The kid needs to be on an offensively talented line. He played well with Stepan and Zucca, and in the end when he was playing with Boyle and Prust he was playing very well. If you put him in the right situation hes a 50pt scoring winger again... Which is well worth over a 3rd round pick, especially since hes only signed for 1 more year and thats all the blues need him for unless they want to resign him after.
To clear cap room to sign the Messiah for 8 million a year on July 1

Glen Teflon Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2011, 10:42 AM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post
To clear cap room to sign the Messiah for 8 million a year on July 1
They don't need it. Depending on the actual Cap number, the Rangers have $20m-$22m in room at the moment and I think it's more likely that Drury gets bought out than Wolski traded. If anything, guys will get traded after July 1 if the Rangers need to clear up room (which the most they would need is probably around $1m.

I wouldn't trade him for a pick anyway. He's far more use to us on the roster this year.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2011, 10:46 AM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
not happening, we would have to overpay to acquire Tarasenko

Swept In Seven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2011, 10:51 AM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
not happening, we would have to overpay to acquire Tarasenko
Thats what i thought this thread was about when i first read it.. If you re-read the OP post, youll see that its about the Blues trying to find some offense for a year or two for 1 - 3 of their 2nd round draft picks. The reason they are doing this is because Taresenko isnt coming over yet, and Perron is injured.

Old
05-25-2011, 10:53 AM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Even when Wolski scores ~40 points in a season, he's still only worth a 2nd rounder tops. He isn't a well-rounded player, gets a lot of his points in non 5 on 5 situations, and there's a reason we were able to get him for just Rosizval, and it wasn't just because he was having an "off-year." His contract brings his value down as well.

Old
05-25-2011, 10:53 AM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy3413 View Post
Did Wolski skate with Gaborik at all during the season? I can't remember
If he did it may have been for a couple of shifts thats about it. Wolski was constantly skating on the bottom two lines. He was NEVER used correctly. He needs to be on an offensive line. No way do i trade him for anything less than the 41st and 47th pick. Otherwise might as well keep him, he is a 50pt producing winger in the nhl, is only 25yo and has 1yr left on his contract

Old
05-25-2011, 10:54 AM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
They don't need it. Depending on the actual Cap number, the Rangers have $20m-$22m in room at the moment and I think it's more likely that Drury gets bought out than Wolski traded. If anything, guys will get traded after July 1 if the Rangers need to clear up room (which the most they would need is probably around $1m.

I wouldn't trade him for a pick anyway. He's far more use to us on the roster this year.
Is Redden's contract in play in this calculation? Because he counts against the summer cap.

Old
05-25-2011, 10:56 AM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
Even when Wolski scores ~40 points in a season, he's still only worth a 2nd rounder tops. He isn't a well-rounded player, gets a lot of his points in non 5 on 5 situations, and there's a reason we were able to get him for just Rosizval, and it wasn't just because he was having an "off-year." His contract brings his value down as well.
He has 1yr left on his contract, i dont see how 1yr of a player at a 3.8m pricetag brings his value down. I would agree with you if it was 5m a year but its not. Plus Rosie wasnt a scrub, he is a solid top 4 defenseman. I just believe you have bad asset management like alot of posters here.. Everyone said Gomez had no value, same with Higgins and Kotalik, and we were able to trade them for good peices - Prust and Mcdonagh. Your selling yourself short by trading him for just 1 pick, when he is a young proven 50pt scoring winger in the nhl only signed to another year, which is perfect for them considering Tarensenko and Perron would be there in 2012-13 season.

Old
05-25-2011, 10:58 AM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Is Redden's contract in play in this calculation? Because he counts against the summer cap.
Yes with Drury's contract bought out, we do have that capspace.. And honestly who knows what will happen with Redden after all the comments he made about not wanting to be in the AHL anymore and that the money doesnt matter to him much anymore, he wants to play in a league that is worth something, like back in the NHL or the khl type deal and would leave his contract with the rangers, since he knows there is no chance hes comming back to play with us

Old
05-25-2011, 10:59 AM
Propane Nightmares
Takes guts

Quote:
If he did it may have been for a couple of shifts thats about it. Wolski was constantly skating on the bottom two lines. He was NEVER used correctly. He needs to be on an offensive line.
Yeah thats what I was thinking, he should have played with Gaborik with Dubi at center, that line could do some damage, but oh well I guess its probably because Torts hates him that he got put on the bottom 2 lines

Propane Nightmares is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2011, 11:01 AM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

Quote:
Quote:
Yes with Drury's contract bought out, we do have that capspace.. And honestly who knows what will happen with Redden after all the comments he made about not wanting to be in the AHL anymore and that the money doesnt matter to him much anymore, he wants to play in a league that is worth something, like back in the NHL or the khl type deal and would leave his contract with the rangers, since he knows there is no chance hes comming back to play with us
Yes, Redden is part of that calculation and no, that figure isn't including a Drury buy out. That's a REAL current figure. See my last post and RangerBoy's on the stickied Salary Cap thread.

Last edited by Tawnos: 05-25-2011 at 11:11 AM.
Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote