HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XXII (All non Habs related news here)

Closed Thread

Old
06-05-2011, 12:07 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
With all due respect Watsatheo, and clearly I have a whole lot of it for you, it appears that NOBODY on HF believes that rule applies towards Habs fanbase. I was going over there much more but in the past year or so, Habs and its fanbase are getting ridiculized every 2 posts. And frankly, I'm sure that some were posted threads with the sole result of insulting us...and mods keeps keeping them open when it's clearly going nowhere.
If you see any Habs fan bashing, don't hesitate to report the posts. If you don't want to report them, feel free to send me the link to the post/thread, and I'll personally take care of it for you.

06-05-2011, 12:11 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horton18Horton View Post
If you see any Habs fan bashing, don't hesitate to report the posts. If you don't want to report them, feel free to send me the link to the post/thread, and I'll personally take care of it for you.
Problem is that even then, making fun of habs has become so ingrained in HF 'culture' that giving an infraction or warning each time would work you to the bone

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
06-05-2011, 12:18 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Problem is that even then, making fun of habs has become so ingrained in HF 'culture' that giving an infraction or warning each time would work you to the bone
Haha true, but it will keep me busy. So I'll have an excuse not to do half the things on my wife's "Honey Do" list.

Seriously though, we have to break that. It's happening a lot, and unfortunately we (mods) can't get them all. So the only way we can cut down on them, is to ask for our posters help, which is what I'm doing now.

Also as Wats mentioned, this goes for our posters as well.

Old
06-05-2011, 01:35 PM
Robert604strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Habitats View Post
Don't forget Marchand coming in at the end pretending like he'd actually do anything.

I really wish Vancouver would get rid of the stupid rick flair yell they do when they announce goals. It sounded stupid when Boston did it, and it sounds stupid here too.
The Rick Flair woo will never end. Doesnt matter if its Hockey,baseball, any sport for that matter. It is more of a Pop culture phrase that any north american has been around for the last 30 years?

Its been a pretty good series i think,sure reffing has been a topic but it always will be.The only consistance is being inconsistant.

Old
06-05-2011, 02:18 PM
Pandemic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Man, the Bruins fans mentality is so sad and scary...check out someone's response to the green men going to boston for game 3
I'm actually heading to Boston for games 3 and 4. I'm not much of a Canucks fan, but my close close friends are complete die-hards so I am accompanying them. I hope we don't get in the middle of too much non-sense at TD Garden.

Old
06-05-2011, 02:49 PM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

Quote:
Man, the Bruins fans mentality is so sad and scary...check out someone's response to the green men going to boston for game 3
It's astonishing how violent they are as a team, as a fanbase and how they react when losing or not getting their way.

Old
06-05-2011, 02:51 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
I'm actually heading to Boston for games 3 and 4. I'm not much of a Canucks fan, but my close close friends are complete die-hards so I am accompanying them. I hope we don't get in the middle of too much non-sense at TD Garden.
A few years ago a MTL fan got jumped and urinated on out front of the arena after a playoff game.

Enjoy!

Old
06-05-2011, 02:54 PM
Claimed Off Waivers

Quote:
I don't think there's an angrier fanbase than Boston's.

Old
06-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 50
I gotta admit, I always kinda liked the habs fans, but now after this entire run, and especially this series. You guys are easily the 2nd best fanbase on these boards.

And I seriously hope one day, we meet you guys in the cup final.

Old
06-05-2011, 03:52 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
I gotta admit, I always kinda liked the habs fans, but now after this entire run, and especially this series. You guys are easily the 2nd best fanbase on these boards.

2nd best?

I'd "cross the streams" but I don't want to back out on my avatar bet, plus I don't want to jinx anything by changing the status quo!

Old
06-05-2011, 03:55 PM
JohnLennon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post

A Habs-Canucks Stanley Cup Final would be arguably the most watched Stanley Cup finals of all time. That would be amazing

Old
06-05-2011, 04:08 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss View Post
Saw this on the Canucks' board

Old
06-05-2011, 04:16 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post

Something tells me that won't go over well with B's fans.

Old
06-05-2011, 04:16 PM
habsrule22

sweet. you d get killed if you posted that on the ruins board

Old
06-05-2011, 05:00 PM
Protest the Hero

We can't take anyone who listed Boston as a potential destination.

I just want to throw my support to the Vancouver fans who may pass by this thread, I'm too superstitious to post on their board now that 2 games have already been played. I hope you guys enjoy the laughs Lapierre is giving you, I miss those dearly.

Old
06-05-2011, 09:09 PM
NotAPuckBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patccmoi View Post
Nice to see some Habs-Vancouver respect building up like this. Vancouver is a team I always liked in the West, and BC is probably the closest province to Quebec in terms of culture and mentality as a whole. You know it won't last if we ever meet in the playoffs though (but who cares? It would mean one of us gets to win another cup!)
I agree. The Habs are probably my second favourite Canadian team while Price is my second favourite goaltender. and Montreal and Vancouver are the only two cities in Canada I would want to live in, they're pretty similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
A few years ago a MTL fan got jumped and urinated on out front of the arena after a playoff game.

Enjoy!
Really? That's.......
It's crazy what some of the B's fans are saying about what they're gonna do to the green men and how they want some Bruins to end some of the Canucks careers next game. I've said this once and I'll say it again, Habs fans weren't kidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Habitats View Post
I just want to throw my support to the Vancouver fans who may pass by this thread, I'm too superstitious to post on their board now that 2 games have already been played. I hope you guys enjoy the laughs Lapierre is giving you, I miss those dearly.
Thank you very much. And Lappy taunting Bergeron is one of the funniest things I've seen.

Old
06-06-2011, 12:36 AM
cjcanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
A Habs-Canucks Stanley Cup Final would be arguably the most watched Stanley Cup finals of all time. That would be amazing
Yes it would, but then we couldn't be friends!

Old
06-06-2011, 06:17 AM
Teufelsdreck

I'd like the playoffs to end this week so we can turn our full attention to how the Habs can improve instead of being sidetracked by the sound of gnashing teeth from other NHL cities. Are the Canucks capable of sweeping the Bruins? Sure they are!

Old
06-06-2011, 07:34 AM
LeHab

Stolen from the Playoffs board.

[edit] Eh was already posted...

Last edited by LeHab: 06-06-2011 at 07:49 AM.
Old
06-06-2011, 07:50 AM
habsrule22

Rumor has it that Columbus wants to trade its #8 draft pick for immediate help. Probably because management is under pressure to make the play off. Wonder what the Habs would have to offer to get that pick?

Old
06-06-2011, 07:52 AM
katatoniak

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
Rumor has it that Columbus wants to trade its #8 draft pick for immediate help. Probably because management is under pressure to make the play off. Wonder what the Habs would have to offer to get that pick?
Il would give them Weber and Pouliot. But they probably dont want Pouliot

Old
06-06-2011, 07:52 AM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
We don't really have immediate help that we can ship off, that would be sufficient for the number 8 pick unless your willing to trade Eller or Patches which im not.

Old
06-06-2011, 07:58 AM
katatoniak

Pretty sure Eller or Pacioretty worth more then a 8th overall pick

Old
06-06-2011, 08:05 AM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
Pretty sure Eller or Pacioretty worth more then a 8th overall pick
Pacioretty maybe. Eller? Doubt it. Listen you have to give up quite a lot to acquire a top 10 pick. People pick players there and expect them to be impact players. You don't get it for Weber's and pouliots.

Old
06-06-2011, 09:20 AM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Pacioretty maybe. Eller? Doubt it.
Eller was a 12th overall pick and he's made the NHL already. He is more of a "sure thing" than the average 8th overall pick.

While you can get a very good player out of an 8th overall, a draft pick is always a gamble. You could easily end up with Benoit Pouliot or Gilbert Brule. If you get a player of Eller's quality out of that pick that's a pretty good result.

For that reason I'd be against trading Eller for a pick, even a top-10 one.

Closed Thread