HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Campbell being shopped around

Old
05-25-2011, 11:38 PM
icekoob

vCash: 500
Campbell being shopped around

I believe it was the "Joel Quenville's mustache" page on facebook that had a status today about there being (completely non confirmed) rumors of Campbell being shopped around to Toronto and New Jersey.

Thoughts on this? Lots of cap space freed. Who would we get in return.

On one hand I think it could be really beneficial, but on the other we've all seen how this team plays without soupy. I think he is worth keeping unless it is for a great return.

icekoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2011, 11:46 PM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I think "shopping around" is a lot different than "interest from"... I doubt this is the first time Campbell has been "shopped around".

If there's a reputable source who says that there is interest from team X or Y, then I'll start to get excited. Until then, I think it's a bit premature to think he might be gone.

He's moveable, IMO... but it will take some good pieces to get it done and I'm not sure if it would be worth it.

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 12:25 AM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
If Gomez can be moved while still receiving a nice piece like McDonaugh (sp?), then Campbell is definitely moveable. He does have a significant impact on our team however. So there is no glaring need to move him unless the piece/pieces coming the other way significantly improve our cap situation and/or roster.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 12:31 AM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
If Gomez can be moved while still receiving a nice piece like McDonaugh (sp?), then Campbell is definitely moveable. He does have a significant impact on our team however. So there is no glaring need to move him unless the piece/pieces coming the other way significantly improve our cap situation and/or roster.
You'd have to think that unless the player(s) coming back eat up a lot of cap-space or are useless to our team, that extra cap space could go a long way. That money would re-sign Campoli and Frolik comfortably, get us a bottom pairing defenseman and with probably enough room left to get a 2nd line center or 3rd line center.

It would also make re-signing Sharp a no-brainer (if it wasn't already) and there would be more flexibility to re-sign Leddy, Morin, Smith, Bickell etc. in the future.

Old
05-26-2011, 12:32 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
There is no valid Campbell rumors

Everything was started by some threads on HF trade board

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 01:41 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
There is no valid Campbell rumors

Everything was started by some threads on HF trade board
How the heck could New Jersey take him on? Aren't they in a pickle just getting Parise resigned?

Oh and does that mean this new twitter account spreading these HF rumors wasn't you BWC?

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 01:59 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I really think if we send him to NJ we will get Rolston back.
I doubt we would get Komi back. Burke likes him and we wouldn't need him that much

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 02:02 AM
brtriad

Rolston only has more year on his deal. I don't think Lamorello takes on 5 more years of Campbell. He'll find another way to fit Parise in this year. Then when Rolston's and Brodeur's contracts are up, they'll have ample space.

Old
05-26-2011, 02:13 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

yep, but he needs to fit him in next year,not after that.

Rolston for Campbell would be fine by me, if Bowman(s) trust Campoli and Leddy

Old
05-26-2011, 02:15 AM
brtriad

Rolston has a lower cap hit than Campbell. How would that help him fit Parise?

Old
05-26-2011, 02:27 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Devils are not in good cap situation with Parise deal to take on Campbell along with there other $$$ committments

Really there are only 2 viable teams for Campbell to be traded to given his NTC and the size of his contract

Buffalo and Toronto

There has been no talk of Sabres in need of Campbell nor interested in Campbell and with regards to Leafs I dont see Burke taking on Campbell's contract unless given major incentive to do it

Old
05-26-2011, 02:38 AM
Sarava

I'm more and more getting the feeling that Stan is going to find a way to get rid of Soupy. Yeah it will be a tough task..but we all have tough tasks in our jobs (whatever we all do), and we always get those tough tasks done, somehow or some way.

Old
05-26-2011, 02:41 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
I'm more and more getting the feeling that Stan is going to find a way to get rid of Soupy. Yeah it will be a tough task..but we all have tough tasks in our jobs (whatever we all do), and we always get those tough tasks done, somehow or some way.
I dont see it happening

Old
05-26-2011, 02:43 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
I dont see it happening
Speaking of trades. I saw the interview with Burke where he kinda hints that he has something for one of his firsts and #39 to move up. I figured that trade was something someone made up, but I guess not.

Old
05-26-2011, 02:46 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Speaking of trades. I saw the interview with Burke where he kinda hints that he has something for one of his firsts and #39 to move up. I figured that trade was something someone made up, but I guess not.
Well Leaf fans were discussing it a few days back and discussing teams that would be targets. One of the teams they discussed was Hawks and that is why I went to trade board with 18th for 25th + 39th proposal

Because I think it makes sense for both teams. Obviously Burke has his eye on someone who is not gonna be available at 25 or 28/29/30.

Burke seems very proactive at draft from my years of watching him and isn't one to wait around for something to happen

The Hayes trade at draft was suprising to everyone last year if I recall. He said he was gonna get a 2nd rounder but giving up Hayes (A 2nd rounder) was sorta a suprise

Old
05-26-2011, 03:08 AM
Sarava

I've softened my stance on that trade. I guess I'd rather stay put at #18. But I don't see the Hawks having the ability to move up high enough where it's worth it (like 6th or so for Huberdeau), so whatever he does, he does.

If that's trading for #25 and #39, then so be it. It would take nothing short of a miracle for us not to have an allstar team in a few years after having 8 2nd rounders in 2 seasons.

Old
05-26-2011, 03:12 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
Rolston has a lower cap hit than Campbell. How would that help him fit Parise?
It was Rolston + Parise + Campbell talk.

First post has Devs as interested. They can't fit all 3 under the cap.

Quote:
I only see it at the time that this happens when we have to make our pick. I think a guy will fall to #18 and if Armia, Zibanejad or others are still available Hawks will pick them

Old
05-26-2011, 03:15 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
It was Rolston + Parise + Campbell talk.

First post has Devs as interested. They can't fit all 3 under the cap.

I only see it at the time that this happens when we have to make our pick. I think a guy will fall to #18 and if Armia, Zibanejad or others are still available Hawks will pick them
Zibanejad won't make it to the Hawks. I doubt he even gets out of the top 10. Armia I don't want. I'd rather we trade down than pick him.

Old
05-26-2011, 03:27 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

sure? I would love Armia, but I don't see him out of the Top15. Same with Zibanejad

Old
05-26-2011, 12:29 PM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I think if we're going to trade Campbell, this year or next are the years to do it. We'll have Sharp as a pending UFA, a bunch of guys needing new contracts in 2-3 years (Leddy, Morin, Bickell, Hjalmarsson) and I can't imagine there's gonna be much more interest in Campbell at 35 years old.

I think ideally, if a GM thinks that Campbell is a better offensive player than his stat-line (and I believe he is) now is the time to trade for him while the value is a bit lower. I think Hawks would be willing to give up Campbell, a pick and a decent prospect (Beach, Lalonde) for someone who is underperforming on a shorter contract.

Hawks aren't really in a position to wait for his value to get higher to make a deal... it's gotta be either this off-season or next.

Old
05-26-2011, 02:11 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Lebowski View Post
I think if we're going to trade Campbell, this year or next are the years to do it. We'll have Sharp as a pending UFA, a bunch of guys needing new contracts in 2-3 years (Leddy, Morin, Bickell, Hjalmarsson) and I can't imagine there's gonna be much more interest in Campbell at 35 years old.

I think ideally, if a GM thinks that Campbell is a better offensive player than his stat-line (and I believe he is) now is the time to trade for him while the value is a bit lower. I think Hawks would be willing to give up Campbell, a pick and a decent prospect (Beach, Lalonde) for someone who is underperforming on a shorter contract.

Hawks aren't really in a position to wait for his value to get higher to make a deal... it's gotta be either this off-season or next.
If they can't find a suitor before Sharps contract is up, I think they buy him out. Huets contract will be done, Sharp will need a new one, along with Smith, Bickell, + possibly Campoli, Frolik, or Brouwer if they sign 1 year deals.

I think a buy out is more realistic than a trade at this point. What would the cap hit be if they bought him out at the end of next year?

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 02:22 PM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
If they can't find a suitor before Sharps contract is up, I think they buy him out. Huets contract will be done, Sharp will need a new one, along with Smith, Bickell, + possibly Campoli, Frolik, or Brouwer if they sign 1 year deals.

I think a buy out is more realistic than a trade at this point. What would the cap hit be if they bought him out at the end of next year?
Brian Campbell buyout from CapGeek.com
2012-13: $2,380,958
2013-14: $2,380,958
2014-15: $2,380,958
2015-16: $2,380,958
2016-17: $2,380,958
2017-18: $2,380,958
2018-19: $2,380,958
2019-20: $2,380,958

Old
05-26-2011, 02:38 PM
Blucher

Personally id rather keep Campbell for one more year, b/c i dont think Leddy or Campoli can replace him, hes far better then both of them!

I think a buyout is more probable next year when Huets salary is gone!

Blucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 02:44 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blucher View Post
Personally id rather keep Campbell for one more year, b/c i dont think Leddy or Campoli can replace him, hes far better then both of them!

I think a buyout is more probable next year when Huets salary is gone!
But the buyout counts against the cap, Huets contract doesn't.

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 02:52 PM
Blucher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
But the buyout counts against the cap, Huets contract doesn't.
Yes i know, was thinking of Rocky and his wallet!

Blucher is offline   Reply With Quote