HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 Draft Talk V3.0

Closed Thread

Old
06-13-2011, 12:31 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
I'm telling you all, this kid is going to be somethink. Quote me on it.
He might end up being something, but it certainly won't be an offensive threat. Tough kid, though, and fairly solid all-round, I guess.

Old
06-13-2011, 01:55 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjindaho View Post
Neither is Couturier

Born in Arizona.
Oh come on. He probably speaks a better french than half of this province...

Old
06-13-2011, 02:22 PM
larrypacman8167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjindaho View Post
Neither is Couturier

Born in Arizona.
couturier isn't a quebecer but speaks better in french than english as for beaulieu i've never seen him in an interview speaking french even with stephane leroux............. anybody knows if he even speaks french ?

Old
06-13-2011, 02:34 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrypacman8167 View Post
couturier isn't a quebecer but speaks better in french than english as for beaulieu i've never seen him in an interview speaking french even with stephane leroux............. anybody knows if he even speaks french ?
AFAIK, no. He's from London I think.

Old
06-13-2011, 02:36 PM
ScopeHockey

Back to Grimaldi.....for those who are concerned about his witnessing/evangelism, here is one of his answers to an interview questions that touches on this:

5. You're very passionate about your faith. When you're around teammates, do you keep it to yourself or are you open about it? A hockey dressing room can be a pretty salty place.
"I'm not one to curse and swear and stuff, so that kind of opens the door for people to ask why I don't. Really, I don't try to force my ways on anyone. They're not forcing me to do something, so I'm not going to force them to do something. Really, I just try to live my life and be an example of Christ and continue to be respectful to all who are around me and be a leader in the room."

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/juniorhoc...iorhockey-wp29

Old
06-13-2011, 03:15 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Habs picks

Habs have these picks...all the way to bottom
http://canadiensnation.wordpress.com/future-habs/

Old
06-13-2011, 03:32 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Rocco Grimaldi seems like a great player and person.

Old
06-13-2011, 03:33 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScopeHockey View Post
Back to Grimaldi.....for those who are concerned about his witnessing/evangelism, here is one of his answers to an interview questions that touches on this:

5. You're very passionate about your faith. When you're around teammates, do you keep it to yourself or are you open about it? A hockey dressing room can be a pretty salty place.
"I'm not one to curse and swear and stuff, so that kind of opens the door for people to ask why I don't. Really, I don't try to force my ways on anyone. They're not forcing me to do something, so I'm not going to force them to do something. Really, I just try to live my life and be an example of Christ and continue to be respectful to all who are around me and be a leader in the room."

Sorry bud i didn't even see your post lol...

Old
06-13-2011, 04:03 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
He says that he doesn't but yet in another comments, he talks about ministering other kids that he is roommates with.

What he thinks isn't putting his faith on other people not might necessarily be how others perceive it.

That being said, the point remains, he's talented, but he's tiny. I would prefer for us to go in a different direction with our first round pick. If we want talented and tiny, Gustav Bjorklund is available later.

Old
06-13-2011, 06:02 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
He says that he doesn't but yet in another comments, he talks about ministering other kids that he is roommates with.

What he thinks isn't putting his faith on other people not might necessarily be how others perceive it.

That being said, the point remains, he's talented, but he's tiny. I would prefer for us to go in a different direction with our first round pick. If we want talented and tiny, Gustav Bjorklund is available later.
Rocco just doesn't thrill me as a pick from the 1st round,Khokhlachev is multi-talented and 5'10" and 188 lbs up from the start of last season from 5'10" and 172 lbs.This kid has worked hard to gain the muscle necessary to play in the rigors of the pro game.If Grimaldi was putting up Lemieux type of numbers in the USHL then most surely he would be chosen in the 1st round,Khokhlachev has steadily increased his output with his gains in muscle and familiarity to the NA game.Both are small players by NHL standards but one has done the work necessary to compliment his abilities.Both have superior talent,skating,shooting,passing and leadership qualities.One has done this while learning the NA game in the strongest junior league at Windsor in the OHL.He is the better choice based on accomplishments and Alex's consensus is in the later picks of the 1st round,how then can one expect Grimaldi to be picked in the 1st round.BPA there are a lot of picks that have shown more desire and willingness to work on perceived weaknesses than Rocco.

Old
06-13-2011, 06:10 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Rocco just doesn't thrill me as a pick from the 1st round,Khokhlachev is multi-talented and 5'10" and 188 lbs up from the start of last season from 5'10" and 172 lbs.This kid has worked hard to gain the muscle necessary to play in the rigors of the pro game.If Grimaldi was putting up Lemieux type of numbers in the USHL then most surely he would be chosen in the 1st round,Khokhlachev has steadily increased his output with his gains in muscle and familiarity to the NA game.Both are small players by NHL standards but one has done the work necessary to compliment his abilities.Both have superior talent,skating,shooting,passing and leadership qualities.One has done this while learning the NA game in the strongest junior league at Windsor in the OHL.He is the better choice based on accomplishments and Alex's consensus is in the later picks of the 1st round,how then can one expect Grimaldi to be picked in the 1st round.BPA there are a lot of picks that have shown more desire and willingness to work on perceived weaknesses than Rocco.
Grimaldi was extremely productive in the U18s over the past 2 years, Khokhlachev hasn't even played in one. Grimaldi was by far the most productive player on the USNTDP.

Khokhlachev also played on a talent-heavy team.

I just don't see how Khokhlachev is even close to showing anything more than Grimaldi.

Old
06-13-2011, 06:21 PM
tiersen24

Which player do you guys like the most between Namestnikov and Khokhlachev ?

I haven't seen a lot of both but I was leaning towards Namestnikov. I know Khokhlachev is younger and has a lot of offensive potential but Namestnikov seems more complete and the most likely to translate his game in the NHL. But this is based on limited viewing of both players and for the most parts, scouting reports. So I'd like to get the feeling of people who have seen both enough to have their own opinion.

Old
06-13-2011, 07:18 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Grimaldi was extremely productive in the U18s over the past 2 years, Khokhlachev hasn't even played in one. Grimaldi was by far the most productive player on the USNTDP.

Khokhlachev also played on a talent-heavy team.

I just don't see how Khokhlachev is even close to showing anything more than Grimaldi.
The Russian team picked up Bobrov and weren't impressed by Khoklachev leaving for NA Windsor hardly had the talent base the USNTDP had.They have two teams in fact and the really good ones move up and get experience with the under 18 team.Sort of like Tavares joining the under 18 team when he was 16,no comparison at all to Windsor.

Old
06-13-2011, 07:28 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiersen24 View Post
Which player do you guys like the most between Namestnikov and Khokhlachev ?

I haven't seen a lot of both but I was leaning towards Namestnikov. I know Khokhlachev is younger and has a lot of offensive potential but Namestnikov seems more complete and the most likely to translate his game in the NHL. But this is based on limited viewing of both players and for the most parts, scouting reports. So I'd like to get the feeling of people who have seen both enough to have their own opinion.
Nams is already playing in NA. He's used to the rinks and the physical play. He's really half American/half Russian.

The Khok, I think, is more consistent and has higher upside. I think he'll shift to the wing and be similar to Semin. I'd pick him before Nams.

Old
06-13-2011, 07:57 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
He might end up being something, but it certainly won't be an offensive threat. Tough kid, though, and fairly solid all-round, I guess.
Nope. Offense isn't his thing. It's his defensive play. Works well along the corners, not afraid to get gritty and dirty, hits well, clears the front of the net nicely and isn't afraid to drop the gloves either. I watched some clips of his fights and the kid can hold his own against larger opponents and even pummel them.

Not a "star" type player by any means, but a gem.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
06-13-2011, 08:28 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
The Russian team picked up Bobrov and weren't impressed by Khoklachev leaving for NA Windsor hardly had the talent base the USNTDP had.They have two teams in fact and the really good ones move up and get experience with the under 18 team.Sort of like Tavares joining the under 18 team when he was 16,no comparison at all to Windsor.
Difference is the USNTDP doesn't just play against teenagers, they also play college teams. It's a lot harder playing against men than it is to play against kids.

And the reason why Khokhlachev didn't make the U18 team isn't important. He wasn't good enough to make a lesser Russian team last year (Grimaldi did) when he wasn't playing in Russia and Grimaldi has shown that he can score against the best from his age group. Khokhlachev has a frickin season in the OHL. Big deal.

Old
06-13-2011, 08:31 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Nope. Offense isn't his thing. It's his defensive play. Works well along the corners, not afraid to get gritty and dirty, hits well, clears the front of the net nicely and isn't afraid to drop the gloves either. I watched some clips of his fights and the kid can hold his own against larger opponents and even pummel them.

Not a "star" type player by any means, but a gem.
If you want a defensive minded player that can be gritty, take Travis Ewanyk, kid will be wonderful 3rd line player.

Old
06-13-2011, 10:45 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

A member of my family is well connected in the Q and he told me that Pillippe Danault met the Habs scouting staff FOUR times...!

Old
06-13-2011, 11:07 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
A member of my family is well connected in the Q and he told me that Pillippe Danault met the Habs scouting staff FOUR times...!
If we move down, it could be alright...but not at our actual spot. There should be players with more upside available...

Old
06-13-2011, 11:13 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
If we move down, it could be alright...but not at our actual spot. There should be players with more upside available...
He seems more like a 2nd rounder imo.

Old
06-13-2011, 11:50 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Toronto wants to trade up. We wanna trade down. Match made in heaven. Book it. End of story. Done. Close the books. It's over.

Old
06-14-2011, 12:12 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Toronto wants to trade up. We wanna trade down. Match made in heaven. Book it. End of story. Done. Close the books. It's over.
If I was Gauthier any trade that has its merit and involves the Draft,would take place when it was my turn to pick whether the Habs move up or down.That is the time to let people know you're trading not so teams can figure out your draft strategy.So don't expect any announcements from the Habs camp until then.

Old
06-14-2011, 12:38 AM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Maybe Phoenix would be another possible trade partner? 17 for 20 and 51? The Coyotes have another 2nd rounder at 56.

Old
06-14-2011, 01:01 AM
eaglesmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Doesn't mean much, Angelo Esposito met with habs scouting multiple times too (4 times as well iirc) and made the right move in passing on him. So I wouldn't look too much into it. Sometimes they make sure people notice that they are looking at local talent to let the media know that just because we are not drafting them, doesn't mean we are not interested or not looking to draft them.

Old
06-14-2011, 01:46 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Maybe Phoenix would be another possible trade partner? 17 for 20 and 51? The Coyotes have another 2nd rounder at 56.
Then "realistically", you're looking at 17 for 20 and 56, with Phoenix keeping their 51. That's usually how it ends up working, I think; team with the two possible throw-in picks at the bottom usually keeps the highest one. I'm not sure either pick in the 50s makes up for jumping 3 spots in the middle of the first round though, but it's a start. Maybe another much later round pick as well or something. What do I know, though. These things are impossible to predict since the talent at any one range of picks differs so greatly from year to year, and thus the value of sliding up and down changes accordingly.

Closed Thread