HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Official UFA/RFA and Trade Thread - Pre-Free Agency Frenzy

Closed Thread

Old
06-10-2011, 08:32 AM
Interactif

vCash: 500
Quote:
Burke's deals usually come out of left field and hit you with a thud, never the obvious and always bigger than what we expect. With that in mind are we missing something, a player no one has mentioned besides Brad Richards or Jeff Carter...
I kinda threw this out there last night but no one bit on it, the player that came up in my mind was Patrick Sharp. He has one more year left at a bargain 3.9 this year where he will be a UFA next year, wonder if Chicago will have room to sign him next year and they may want to deal him before they lose him for nothing. For me he is a better option than Brad Richards, GM's always think ahead, and this is one player worth noting.

Old
06-10-2011, 09:03 AM
John-Eric Iannicello
Hockey's Future Staff

Looks like Zenon Kenopka is going to hit the UFA market. He could be a decent option in a 4th line center role to add gritt. Won't provide much of any offense, but he's good on the draw.

06-10-2011, 09:14 AM
Barilko14

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-Eric Iannicello View Post
Looks like Zenon Kenopka is going to hit the UFA market. He could be a decent option in a 4th line center role to add gritt. Won't provide much of any offense, but he's good on the draw.
I like Boyce and Brent, but if the Leafs have a shot at Konopka I'd have no problem with them not coming back. He would be an actual 4th line centre for this team, not a 4th line centre by default. Was 57.7% at the dot last year, and 4th among forwards on the PK TOI for the Isles.
Would also be pretty sweet to throw out a line of Brown-Konopka-Orr when we play a team like the Bruins or Flyers.

Old
06-10-2011, 10:14 AM
hdtrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barilko14 View Post
I like Boyce and Brent, but if the Leafs have a shot at Konopka I'd have no problem with them not coming back. He would be an actual 4th line centre for this team, not a 4th line centre by default. Was 57.7% at the dot last year, and 4th among forwards on the PK TOI for the Isles.
Would also be pretty sweet to throw out a line of Brown-Konopka-Orr when we play a team like the Bruins or Flyers.
Oh god yes

Old
06-10-2011, 10:17 AM
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle

Quote:
God no, that line would be a defensive liability on our own end. Knopka knows how to win faceoffs but he has no insight on the defensive side of the game.

Old
06-10-2011, 10:23 AM
tpc77

Quote:
Originally Posted by newoilburnsclean View Post
Could not agree more what alot of people do not realize is Kulemin does not pad his stats on the pp he is a pure Goal scorer and shows up every game.Not to Knock Kessel good goal scorer in his own right But if Kulemin had his pp time this year he would be pushing 40 I think Kulemin is the leafs overall best forward. But I will try and pimp him less on the Leaf boards. But mark my words he will be a beast next few years.
I agree, this guys has more room to grow.

I can't help but think Datsyuk when I look at Kulemin and his progression / crazy strength on his skates.

I won't be upset if he doesn't turn into Datsyuk, but I think he will end up being pretty darn close by the time he is 26-27+.

Old
06-10-2011, 12:26 PM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpc77 View Post
I agree, this guys has more room to grow.

I can't help but think Datsyuk when I look at Kulemin and his progression / crazy strength on his skates.

I won't be upset if he doesn't turn into Datsyuk, but I think he will end up being pretty darn close by the time he is 26-27+.
Still has a long way to go for that, doesn't have the Datsyuk hands nor the vision, but may be able to make up for it in strength, size and hustle.

Old
06-10-2011, 12:27 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

we would be extremely lucky to have a player a kulie become a datsyuk. but not going to happen as he doesn't have that puck handling and vision

Old
06-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Barilko14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezle View Post
God no, that line would be a defensive liability on our own end. Knopka knows how to win faceoffs but he has no insight on the defensive side of the game.
I wouldn't have those 3 together for 82 games next year, but it wouldn't be because of defensive worries, more the fact there would be 0 chance of offence. They would be handy against the bigger teams in the East though.

As a group they would not be too bad defensively Brown obviously is steady in his own zone, and like I said Konopka killed penalties for the Islanders last year, so he must have some "insight" into how to play in his own zone.

Old
06-10-2011, 11:54 PM
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup

To say Kulemin is a Datsuk type is laughable!!!

Have the people making that comparison EVER seen either play? Because having similar stats makes you the same type player right? lol WRONG

Love Kuli BUT to think he will be Datsuk is a joke, Datsuk is possibly the best player in the world or at least top 3 when it comes to the complete player

Old
06-11-2011, 12:06 AM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinz View Post

Have the people making that comparison EVER seen either play? Because having similar stats makes you the same type player right? lol WRONG

Love Kuli BUT to think he will be Datsuk is a joke, Datsuk is possibly the best player in the world or at least top 3 when it comes to the complete player
This. No wonder we are called the laughing stock of the NHL.
Even if he is 1% of Datsyuk, we shouldn't be simply making comparisons.

Datsyuk is just another level guys!

Old
06-11-2011, 01:11 AM
TruthDeliveryVehicle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezle View Post
Konopka is a very dependable defensive player. Not much in the name of offense.

Please don't pretend you know what you're talking about.

Old
06-11-2011, 01:15 AM
TruthDeliveryVehicle*

Quote:
I wouldn't have those 3 together for 82 games next year, but it wouldn't be because of defensive worries, more the fact there would be 0 chance of offence. They would be handy against the bigger teams in the East though.

As a group they would not be too bad defensively Brown obviously is steady in his own zone, and like I said Konopka killed penalties for the Islanders last year, so he must have some "insight" into how to play in his own zone.
If you have a Konopka in the lineup, you don't need Orr.

I heard somewhere the Habs were very interested in him.

Old
06-11-2011, 09:48 AM
Andrew Mack

Quote:

+1.

Give your head a ****ing shake people.

Old
06-11-2011, 10:15 AM
Budsfan

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/pr...th_Parise.html

I wonder if a deal for Parise could happen, in the article there appears to be a lot of talk about him maybe becoming a Free Agent next year.

Quote:
Lamoriello would not discuss the matter Friday, but the Devils likely will file for team-elected arbitration before next week’s deadline, which is 5 p.m. Wednesday or Friday if there is a Game 7 in the Stanley Cup Finals. That would prevent Parise from fielding offer sheets from other teams if he’s still unsigned on July 1, when he’d become a restricted free agent.

Old
06-11-2011, 10:15 AM
Sergei Berezin

He definitely won't be at the same status as Datsyuk, but I wouldn't be surprised if Kulemin had similar numbers to him... subtract the two 97 point seasons, though.

Hovering around a PPG for a couple of seasons... then have a couple of career years and then dip back down after.

I don't expect by any means, but if he did that, I wouldn't be the least surprised.

Old
06-11-2011, 10:21 AM
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Berezin View Post
He definitely won't be at the same status as Datsyuk, but I wouldn't be surprised if Kulemin had similar numbers to him... subtract the two 97 point seasons, though.

Hovering around a PPG for a couple of seasons... then have a couple of career years and then dip back down after.

I don't expect by any means, but if he did that, I wouldn't be the least surprised.
He'll be a 55-70 point guy moving forward who can play on the top 2 lines but he needs to shoot more if he wants to keep his 30 goal pace.

Old
06-11-2011, 10:33 AM
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budsfan View Post
http://www.northjersey.com/sports/pr...th_Parise.html

I wonder if a deal for Parise could happen, in the article there appears to be a lot of talk about him maybe becoming a Free Agent next year.
In arbitration they only award 1 year deals and most likely with Parise missing most of last season the cap hit would favor the Devils in arbitration BUT with a 1 year deal i believe Parise would be a UFA in 2012.

If thats the case he could be delt

Old
06-11-2011, 11:03 AM
Budsfan

Quote:
In arbitration they only award 1 year deals and most likely with Parise missing most of last season the cap hit would favor the Devils in arbitration BUT with a 1 year deal i believe Parise would be a UFA in 2012.

If thats the case he could be delt
I think the signing of Kovalchuk has really upset the other players and has affected what the Devils can offer them, in their contracts and players like Parise, are not as easy to sign, for hometown discount type contracts, when looking at what Kovalchuk is signed for.

Old
06-11-2011, 03:04 PM
leafsfan2point0

Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
This is EXACTLY how I see it. I think that this is going to work just fine. The only thing that I could see changing would be Kadri up to 2nd line wing if MacArthur is moved in a trade for that #1 guy. But hopefully we can land Richards.

We'll then have a D that looks like:

xxxxx Schenn
Aulie Phaneuf
Gunnarsson Komisarek
Lashoff/Lebda

Reimer
Gustavsson/xxxxxx

#1 C, 2-4 pairing PMD, and *possibly* a veteren backup/1b guy. Thats a playoff team in my mind, no doubt about it.

Old
06-11-2011, 04:33 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

im really doubt parise will sign a one year contract. I mean it would great news for us or any other team to get him but i doubt it BIG time.

Old
06-11-2011, 04:52 PM
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
im really doubt parise will sign a one year contract. I mean it would great news for us or any other team to get him but i doubt it BIG time.
Both sides wouldn't have a choice if it goes to arbitration

Old
06-11-2011, 05:36 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Both sides wouldn't have a choice if it goes to arbitration
True say, but even then I think Lam will get it done before that, I mean it's absolutely absurd to think parise out of the devils man. God but I'd love him on our team hey burkie-wilson pals right

Old
06-11-2011, 08:17 PM
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
True say, but even then I think Lam will get it done before that, I mean it's absolutely absurd to think parise out of the devils man. God but I'd love him on our team hey burkie-wilson pals right
LL can get it done if Parise will go for $6.5 or less... If not and Parise looks at what Richards is getting (an inferior player imo), it might be one of the toughest decisions LL has had to make since Kovalchuk.

Parise would command at least $7.5-8 on the open market and NJ could demand a kings ransom.

IMO the cost would be in the ball park of:

Kadri + Gunnasson + Gustavsson + 2 1st round picks

Maybe then LL flips our 2 1st rounders + 4th overall for 1st overall

Old
06-11-2011, 08:51 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
LL can get it done if Parise will go for $6.5 or less... If not and Parise looks at what Richards is getting (an inferior player imo), it might be one of the toughest decisions LL has had to make since Kovalchuk.

Parise would command at least $7.5-8 on the open market and NJ could demand a kings ransom.

IMO the cost would be in the ball park of:

Kadri + Gunnasson + Gustavsson + 2 1st round picks

Maybe then LL flips our 2 1st rounders + 4th overall for 1st overall
I don't think parise is going anywhere at all. Also if he does demand that much in the free market, pay that man. I'd be opposed to 8 but okay with 7.5 mil.

Even with them agreeing to one year deal, the devil should have enough cap space by 2012 to give him quite a bit of a good extension.

4th overall they will very likely get that big center

WE can only hope we get parise in our reams man

Closed Thread