Old
05-30-2011, 11:47 AM
DKH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg View Post
Ask Kadri how his golf season is going
in all seriousness he's probably spending time with Knight. Reports on Kadri is he's a heck of a good kid, and if the Leafs don't expect the moon and stars he is going to be damn good.

I see impatient Leafs fans already including Kadri as filler in trades to move up...he Boston should take him and the Flyers pick and move back. The kid just needs time.

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 01:38 PM
hdtrax

I didn't come here to start some beef, it was just a comment meant to faciliate discussion about a player - instead some people responded with hilariously original comments about golf season.

Honestly, I don't delude myself like quite a few Leaf fans on these boards do - I consider myself to be a realist who considers the facts and looks for meaningful, value added discussion about the game we all love so dearly. So while some might find it hilarious that a Leaf fan says to temper expectations, I should just say that not all Leaf fans here are like some you find on the main boards.

Back on topic..

I wasn't insinuating the Knight isn't a good player or won't project to be one, just that the whole 'team award' angle might inadvertently push some of your less-informed fans, like MANY less-informed Leaf fans, to label him as the next coming of Cam Neely (not that they actually are). It's about keeping expectations reasonable. I myself stay cautious about my evaluation of some of our top prospects - such as Joe Colborne, Jake Gardiner or Nazem Kadri - so tempering expectations is something I've done and preached for quite some time.

And look, I have seen Knight play many times and I've read up plenty about him. Enough to know that he will be in the NHL one day - in what fashion is a difference of opinion between myself and many others. But that doesn't mean I don't appreciate hearing what others are saying about him as well. Because the point of all these forums is simple - discussion and information.

And for the record, I'm not among those who want Brad Richards in Leaf Land

hdtrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 01:56 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML1988 View Post

Knight? The guy wasn't even slated to go in the second round when he was picked.
Burke and the Leafs tried to move up in the second round to draft him. He was on a lot of teams radar in the second round and the Bruins got their guy before anyone else did. Solid move by the Bruins... Knight's gonna be a good foot solider. Like DKH and I have said for awhile, Knight's got a lot of Callahan/Kobasew in him.

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 02:08 PM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Sorry TML.. I'll take our resident scout OrrOverGretzky over your opinion on the kid. Go back a few pages to read his comments.

SerenityRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 02:17 PM
hdtrax

Fair enough. The comments and article are well put together.

Just because Brian Burke tried to acquire him twice doesn't mean I see him in the same way.

Anyways, we'll see how things look in a few years

hdtrax is offline   Reply With Quote