HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Team Canada Red vs. White

Old
08-06-2011, 10:28 PM
oilers2k10
Yak Don't Back Down

vCash: 203
dude, nafrelio..man..tell us about this date thang you got goin on? Seriously you wanna see that chic after this Monster performance dat the RNH just put on in dis Rexal Crib? Cmon Bro..chill wit yo homies..less talk about dis game bro!?

oilers2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 10:31 PM
ohheyhemsky

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers2k10 View Post
dude, nafrelio..man..tell us about this date thang you got goin on? Seriously you wanna see that chic after this Monster performance dat the RNH just put on in dis Rexal Crib? Cmon Bro..chill wit yo homies..less talk about dis game bro!?
This post scares me.

Haha.

Nah, priorities are set.

Oilers> Date > HFboards > Free Stampeders game

I'm beginning to think the Oilers have a steady hand in all of my failed relationships.

ohheyhemsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 10:31 PM
Ogopogo*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Nice Snipe after his first shot got blocked. I keep telling people that this kid has a sick shot, he just needs to have more confidence in it.
Even more impressive was the quick stickhandling to create space for the snipe.

Ogopogo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 10:36 PM
Agron
BELIEVE.

Rnh !!

Agron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 10:37 PM
nafrelio

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers2k10 View Post
Date - yeah. I have a date with a former international model - something close to home - in my living room actually

She's watching "Valentine's Day" movie I PVR'd for her. I'm on the computer hoping to hear more about the game. Oh, and I married her.

Oh. By the way, you're getting me mixed up with ohheyhemsky who's life might be a bit more interesting to you...

nafrelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 10:44 PM
LetsgoOilersEberle

Im getting mind******d right now, whos dating who?

LetsgoOilersEberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Psychoil

Amazing finish by our very own rnh! Here's what I saw.

He didn't have a ton of ice time, he wasn't getting the bounces during the game, but he actually turned up his intensity in the last 5 minutes, and then his skill just took over

Psychoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 10:45 PM
Philly85
Moody'

That was ****ing awesome.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Lay Z Boy GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafrelio View Post
Date - yeah. I have a date with a former international model - something close to home - in my living room actually

She's watching "Valentine's Day" movie I PVR'd for her. I'm on the computer hoping to hear more about the game. Oh, and I married her.

Oh. By the way, you're getting me mixed up with ohheyhemsky who's life might be a bit more interesting to you...

Lay Z Boy GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 11:18 PM
SephF
Thanks Smytty

Pretty good game, RNH was clutch at the end and made some great heads up plays throughout the game. He's very good at making that first pass out of the defensive zone, nice to see - he was also doing pretty well on faceoffs.

Hitchcock used him sparingly in the second period it seemed but he got lots of ice time in the third.

Of all the seats in Rexall I could've picked I ended up sitting right beside Jesse Wallin (the head coach of the Red Deer Rebels) and infront of an Everett Silvertips scout. Infront of me was some kid mad posting on HFboards, still not sure who it was.

Well worth the price of admission, that was fun. I'm dieing for the season to start and can't wait for the WJC!

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 11:23 PM
oilers2k10
Yak Don't Back Down

vCash: 203
Oh yeah, Ohheyhemsky..dats the one! Thanks nafrelio for straightenin a brotha out! Dats the kinds of shiat dat keeps dis Oil thang goin on! Dats how we do dis thang!
Now I aint confused no more about whose dating who..former miss International..damn bro, you got that thang goin on!

Aaaaanyways.....

RNH..damn..everytime he looks even close to average he comes out with something like this..he did it in Red Deer almost everytime I watched him on TV...good to see that he brought that swagger with him to this Camp! Its what seperates Great players from Good...being able to step it up when your team needs you the most.

oilers2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 11:24 PM
Auguste Escoffier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam83 View Post
Pretty good game, RNH was clutch at the end and made some great heads up plays throughout the game. He's very good at making that first pass out of the defensive zone, nice to see - he was also doing pretty well on faceoffs.

Hitchcock used him sparingly in the second period it seemed but he got lots of ice time in the third.

Of all the seats in Rexall I could've picked I ended up sitting right beside Jesse Wallin (the head coach of the Red Deer Rebels) and infront of an Everett Silvertips scout. Infront of me was some kid mad posting on HFboards, still not sure who it was.

Well worth the price of admission, that was fun. I'm dieing for the season to start and can't wait for the WJC!
"There is a guy in my office that is on HF!"

Auguste Escoffier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 11:28 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

Was Hitchcock saving RNH for the 3rd?

dustrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 11:29 PM
Auguste Escoffier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrock View Post
Was Hitchcock saving RNH for the 3rd?
I guess what Blue Jackets fans and more so Filatov say about him is true.

Auguste Escoffier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 11:50 PM
SephF
Thanks Smytty

Oh and a random tidbit: The head coach of Reddeer Rebels had a star beside Dillon Simpsons name on his players list, not sure what it meant but it looked like Simpson was the only player with a star beside their name.

Old
08-06-2011, 11:58 PM
Enlighten

anyone know where i might see some highlights?

Enlighten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 12:25 AM
Zap Brannigan

I had tickets but instead I got drunk at home and went to the horseshoe pub and watched the UFC event tonight.

hopefully FASThockey archives the stuff.

btw the coliseum station being closed was brutal. my parking spot in front of my house was taken. If i wasn't a jerk I would have called the cops

Zap Brannigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 12:30 AM
OilerBob
The Youth Movement

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohheyhemsky View Post
I was going to go. Had a free ticket. Cancelled it for a date. I then pushed back the date for 10 because I didn't realize this game would be streamed.

Oilers fan.
The game was streamed??? what site???? I would love to watch the next one

OilerBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 12:31 AM
Hockey Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelcomehomeSmytty View Post
anyone know where i might see some highlights?
http://watch.tsn.ca/featured/clip512940#clip512940

Hockey Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 12:39 AM
LetsgoOilersEberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerBob View Post
The game was streamed??? what site???? I would love to watch the next one
Fasthockey.com, must sign up forst

LetsgoOilersEberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 12:43 AM
ales83fan

Ok, I want to write of my experience as well. So I came an hour early, and got as close to perfect seats as you can in rexall place. We were maybe 10 rows up, right down center ice, it was a beauty. The only flaw, and this was a huge one, is that an a$$hole wearing a stamkos jersey and his friends would not be quiet. I mean literally.....he narrated the whole game from right behind me, and was a complete idiot doing it. He produced such gems as saying that murphy was pathetic and didn't do a single thing right (which to me was very wrong since murphy was always a force), that couturier does not deserve the C as he did last year (which he did not do), and kept talking about how he was the only one that thinks that johansen will make the team, but he is almost sure of it. Anyway, he did not shut up the whole time, kept yelling wide, shoot, and pass every time someone crossed the red line (not blue line), and freaked out when the goal was called off. He was swearing at the referee, and was just pathetic. Everyone was just laughing at him and a couple of older folk told him that there were children and stuff, but he didn't listen. Honestly that tool was questioning why RNH was drafted (before he scored 2 goals). Gah, I'm still pissed at how unknowledgeable some fans are, and makes me depressed about the Edmonton fan group as a whole.

OK that aside....Here is what I thought about the game, just in case someone wished to know.

Visentin was the best goalie, although both him and bunz faced limited quality opportunities. They were the best of the four tonight.

D. Smith-Pelley is a force. Honestly, he is a perfect, and I mean perfect 3rd line grinder. I would give up a lot for him if that is the type of effort we see consistently. Wow. The guy stood out each and every shift.

Johansen - you can tell it's not his first go around. He made things happen, and was smart doing it. Especially on the PP he looked calm and composed. His size stood out as well, I didn't realize he was that big.

Gudbrandson and Oleksiak are beasts, although Oleksiak took some penalties as a result of his style. Murphy was the best on the offensive side as a puck carrier, I'm not sure how he does it, but he will pick it up in the defensive zone, and 5 seconds later will beat all the coverage and make it into the offensive zone seamlessly. I didn't notice anything from Murray, but that is not a bad thing. Same for Hamilton and Siemens, they were solid, but not spectacular.

RNH - man oh man. First off, the guy is lanky. He must have the slightest frame of anyone in camp. Faceoffs - he must have won most of them. I was counting, and I think he went 6 of first 7 and then I stopped counting, simply master at the junior level. First two periods, he gets pushed off the puck easily, is too slow, and honestly was not visible. It sucked. Plus, he wasn't getting ice time. But then in the last 5 minutes, he goes from no show to hero. His first goal was slick, he just got in the right place, got a lucky bounce, and was the first to react to it before he slid it behind him and the goalie. Very nice. The second goal was a beauty, with 20 seconds left. He took the puck, stickhandled aptly around a d-man, and shot it 5 hole. Very clutch.

This is it for now. bye guys!

ales83fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 01:21 AM
Toydarian

Anybody have any comments and/or observations on Ryan Murray?

Toydarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 01:58 AM
BGr1ff

Quote:

Haha where were you sitting? I was mad posting on HF and twitter all evening.

BGr1ff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 02:03 AM
SephF
Thanks Smytty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGr1ff View Post
Haha where were you sitting? I was mad posting on HF and twitter all evening.
Section 136 very back row, if that was you the Redeer Rebels coach was right behind you guys, pretty cool.

Old
08-07-2011, 02:05 AM
BGr1ff

Quote:
Section 136 very back row, if that was you the Redeer Rebels coach was right behind you guys, pretty cool.
Nope wasn't me, I was first row of the second level behind the benches.

BGr1ff is offline   Reply With Quote