HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Draft-Trades-Signings

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-26-2011, 07:02 PM
  #1
DontToewzMeBro
Registered User
 
DontToewzMeBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,160
vCash: 500
Draft-Trades-Signings

I am super pissed with the current playoff situation and probable conn smythe candidates, so I would like to turn to something else for awhile, lets see your moves with the top 3, explain why you would do them and how they affect the team, basically be the GM.

1)Draft-
Many people have proposed that the Hawks retain another 2nd and lose their draft position at 18, I do NOT like this idea, I mean how many second rounders do you want from the last 2 years to the next? Things will be a mess and we will definetly lose some good players that we do not sign because we have 45 2nd round picks in the sytem, I believe we have enough from cleaning hows last year, let them grow/develop a bit first, I know what many arre thinking, "you can never have too many prospects, but hey at this point in the teams stance, I'd rather try and snag a quality one or skilled one than take an absolute guess or shot in the second round.

Draft at 18-a center I hope
Scheifele,Phillips,Mark McNeill, or Jurco,Puempel,

36-Catenacci, Center-Victor Rask, Center-Jamieson Oleksiak, Defense-Duncan Siemens, Defense

Trades:I can't see Campbell going anywhere but I would definetly consider it to bolster the teams top 6 for years to come and be able to sign our gems from previous drafts.

Campbell,Kopecky+1st 12' to NJD for Rolston,Greene,2nd

Signings:Offer Frolik-3 years at 6.2million(sure we lost Versteeg i camn garuntee you Fro is better and similar)
Offer Brouwer-2years at 2.8
Campoli-This si a tough one, he was solid, but we cannot be dominated physically all thetime on D, I say sign him still but a 2 year deal maybe @1.5.1.8 no more,
Goodbye Kopecky, it Stalberg isn'nt as low as possible see-ya also,

Try and get a discount deal from a guy like either Arnott,Handzus, or Brunette someone who wants to win or gaina role.


Last edited by DontToewzMeBro: 05-26-2011 at 07:19 PM.
DontToewzMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 08:34 PM
  #2
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 115,531
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro View Post
I am super pissed with the current playoff situation and probable conn smythe candidates, so I would like to turn to something else for awhile, lets see your moves with the top 3, explain why you would do them and how they affect the team, basically be the GM.

1)Draft-
Many people have proposed that the Hawks retain another 2nd and lose their draft position at 18, I do NOT like this idea, I mean how many second rounders do you want from the last 2 years to the next? Things will be a mess and we will definetly lose some good players that we do not sign because we have 45 2nd round picks in the sytem, I believe we have enough from cleaning hows last year, let them grow/develop a bit first, I know what many arre thinking, "you can never have too many prospects, but hey at this point in the teams stance, I'd rather try and snag a quality one or skilled one than take an absolute guess or shot in the second round.

Draft at 18-a center I hope
Scheifele,Phillips,Mark McNeill, or Jurco,Puempel,

36-Catenacci, Center-Victor Rask, Center-Jamieson Oleksiak, Defense-Duncan Siemens, Defense

Trades:I can't see Campbell going anywhere but I would definetly consider it to bolster the teams top 6 for years to come and be able to sign our gems from previous drafts.

Campbell,Kopecky+1st 12' to NJD for Rolston,Greene,2nd

Signings:Offer Frolik-3 years at 6.2million(sure we lost Versteeg i camn garuntee you Fro is better and similar)
Offer Brouwer-2years at 2.8
Campoli-This si a tough one, he was solid, but we cannot be dominated physically all thetime on D, I say sign him still but a 2 year deal maybe @1.5.1.8 no more,
Goodbye Kopecky, it Stalberg isn'nt as low as possible see-ya also,

Try and get a discount deal from a guy like either Arnott,Handzus, or Brunette someone who wants to win or gaina role.
That trade will never happen for several reasons

1- The Devils want to resign Parise and that will make it harder with there cap situaiton
2- Kopecky and Greene are UFA's so neither have value

Those are overpayments for Frolik and Brouwer also doubt very much Frolik would want to sign a deal that long at that type of salary

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 10:31 PM
  #3
Sevanston
Moderator
 
Sevanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 11,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro View Post
I am super pissed with the current playoff situation and probable conn smythe candidates, so I would like to turn to something else for awhile, lets see your moves with the top 3, explain why you would do them and how they affect the team, basically be the GM.

1)Draft-
Many people have proposed that the Hawks retain another 2nd and lose their draft position at 18, I do NOT like this idea, I mean how many second rounders do you want from the last 2 years to the next? Things will be a mess and we will definetly lose some good players that we do not sign because we have 45 2nd round picks in the sytem, I believe we have enough from cleaning hows last year, let them grow/develop a bit first, I know what many arre thinking, "you can never have too many prospects, but hey at this point in the teams stance, I'd rather try and snag a quality one or skilled one than take an absolute guess or shot in the second round.

Draft at 18-a center I hope
Scheifele,Phillips,Mark McNeill, or Jurco,Puempel,

36-Catenacci, Center-Victor Rask, Center-Jamieson Oleksiak, Defense-Duncan Siemens, Defense

Trades:I can't see Campbell going anywhere but I would definetly consider it to bolster the teams top 6 for years to come and be able to sign our gems from previous drafts.

Campbell,Kopecky+1st 12' to NJD for Rolston,Greene,2nd

Signings:Offer Frolik-3 years at 6.2million(sure we lost Versteeg i camn garuntee you Fro is better and similar)
Offer Brouwer-2years at 2.8
Campoli-This si a tough one, he was solid, but we cannot be dominated physically all thetime on D, I say sign him still but a 2 year deal maybe @1.5.1.8 no more,
Goodbye Kopecky, it Stalberg isn'nt as low as possible see-ya also,

Try and get a discount deal from a guy like either Arnott,Handzus, or Brunette someone who wants to win or gaina role.
Those two are going to be gone by the time 36 comes around.

I've heard some scouts who aren't sold on them, but they have too much size and physicality for them to go past the 1st round.

Sevanston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 12:05 AM
  #4
DontToewzMeBro
Registered User
 
DontToewzMeBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
That trade will never happen for several reasons

1- The Devils want to resign Parise and that will make it harder with there cap situaiton
2- Kopecky and Greene are UFA's so neither have value

Those are overpayments for Frolik and Brouwer also doubt very much Frolik would want to sign a deal that long at that type of salary
Ooops was thinking RFA's you'd think I would realize after seeing UFA on capgeek 50000 times,

What do you suppose they are worth?
Frolik I could see getting 1-6-2.2
Brouwer1.4-1.8

DontToewzMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 11:58 AM
  #5
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro View Post
I am super pissed with the current playoff situation and probable conn smythe candidates
Why not? It could possibly end up being Stamkos, and if that happens, hold on to your hats because there's going to be some really intersting things going on in TB and the NHL.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 01:02 PM
  #6
Sarava
Moderator
 
Sarava's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Naperville, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 9,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Why not? It could possibly end up being Stamkos, and if that happens, hold on to your hats because there's going to be some really intersting things going on in TB and the NHL.
Toronto offering him a max contract maybe?

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.