HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

John Hadley-Golden Brett to the Blues?NOT

Closed Thread

Old
07-15-2004, 04:19 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
John Hadley-Golden Brett to the Blues?NOT

BRETT HULL: A source close to the situation told me it's over, "I can't see Hull returning to St. Louis. In his heart, he wants to play in St. Louis, but in his mind, he knows the expectations will be taxing. Nobody is blowing him away with the dollars, including the Blues, so in all honesty, I'd be shocked if he returns to the Blues."

NEXT IN LINE: The Blues have said thanks but no thanks to Eric Lindros. Therefore, it's time to put to rest the Lindros rumors at this point. Martin Rucinsky remains a viable option and remains on the "get list." The good news is an addition to the "get list." A source in Nashville informs that the Blues have been in talks with Andreas Johansson. His skill-level and ability to play on both the penalty kill and power play would add a needed dimension to the lineup. It's easy to forecast Johansson as a 20-goal scorer with the 'Note. The addition of either Rucinsky or Johansson improves this team offensively and on special teams. The addition of both would validate this team as a legit contender. So, as of today, Hull and Lindros are off the list, Rucinsky and Johansson top the "get list" with Pavol Demitra remaining an enigma wrapped in a riddle.

http://www.hadleyonsports.com/getRep...20044&size=595

Old
07-15-2004, 06:11 PM
BeaverSports

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy
BRETT HULL: A source close to the situation told me it's over, "I can't see Hull returning to St. Louis. In his heart, he wants to play in St. Louis, but in his mind, he knows the expectations will be taxing. Nobody is blowing him away with the dollars, including the Blues, so in all honesty, I'd be shocked if he returns to the Blues."
If Hadley said Hull's talks with the Blues are over, expect a press conference in St. Louis soon to confirm his signing. This guy's never right.

Old
07-15-2004, 06:14 PM
Russian_fanatic

No one wants Hull? This guy can still produce on the second line. Canucks should get him if he comes cheap. He that in the past Canucks are the only Canadian team he will play for(I heard it from some members on the board).

Old
07-15-2004, 06:41 PM
c-carp

Just a hunch, but if he really wants to finish his career in STL, the two sides will make it work.

Old
07-15-2004, 07:05 PM
trublu16

I won't beleive it until I hear he has signed with someone else. I will still believe that he wants to come back no matter what, (only one source) source close to the Blues, said this is his opinion is on this matter.

By the way he looked pretty good on Detriot's 3rd line last year with Z-Man and Dats.

But for commerce and fans, this need to get done. The prodical child must return to where he was born as Golden Brett.

Old
07-15-2004, 08:28 PM
Irish Blues

I'm just remembering Hull in the 2001 offseason....(loosely paraphrasing in each case)

"Oh, I'd really love to go back to the Blues- that's the team I rose to greatness for, I think it would be great to go back and help them win a Cup like I did in Dallas."

"Oh, I'd really love to play in Chicago - I think it's a natural fit since my dad played here."

"Oh, I'd really love to play in Montreal - I mean, the heritage, the history, I would love to suit up in the bleu, blanc e rogue."

"Oh, I'd really love to play in ...."

I mean, there were only about 9 teams he "really wanted to play for" and they were all "very special to me".

Old
07-15-2004, 11:44 PM
Starsdude

I still think Dallas has a chance. He is really liked here and the fans need a boost after two early exits

Old
07-16-2004, 04:26 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
I'm just remembering Hull in the 2001 offseason....(loosely paraphrasing in each case)

"Oh, I'd really love to go back to the Blues- that's the team I rose to greatness for, I think it would be great to go back and help them win a Cup like I did in Dallas."

"Oh, I'd really love to play in Chicago - I think it's a natural fit since my dad played here."

"Oh, I'd really love to play in Montreal - I mean, the heritage, the history, I would love to suit up in the bleu, blanc e rogue."

"Oh, I'd really love to play in ...."

I mean, there were only about 9 teams he "really wanted to play for" and they were all "very special to me".
He was just reading from the Athletes book of quotes Irish. They all do it. All that BS doesnt bother me. If he fits into the pay structure he could help this team. If he doesnt and we end up with Rucinsky or someone like that. Fine I can live with that too.

Who knows when any of these guys is being sincere, if he is they will probably work something out we will just have to wait and see.

Old
07-16-2004, 04:40 PM
Jayhorns

Send a message via AIM to Jayhorns
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsdude
I still think Dallas has a chance. He is really liked here and the fans need a boost after two early exits
Dallas does have an advantage in the Hull sweepstakes. He has a residence in Dallas and when he retires, that is where he wants to live. The only problem is $$$$

Old
07-16-2004, 07:47 PM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu16
I won't beleive it until I hear he has signed with someone else. I will still believe that he wants to come back no matter what, (only one source) source close to the Blues, said this is his opinion is on this matter.

By the way he looked pretty good on Detriot's 3rd line last year with Z-Man and Dats.

But for commerce and fans, this need to get done. The prodical child must return to where he was born as Golden Brett.

3rd Line???? Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Hull IS Detroits 1st line. Who else would it be? We had Lang for 6 games and he was playing with Shanny and Holmstrom. After that, you have the grind line and THomas, Whitney and Yzerman.

Last year, they were among those most productive lines and had injuries not blasted the wings core players so badly this year, they would've been again.

Closed Thread