HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

would we be able to get...

Closed Thread

Old
07-16-2004, 03:32 PM
little a from da bx

vCash: 500
would we be able to get...

hossa or havlat from ottawa, simply because they are ( ottawa ) a bit heavy on right wings,hossa , alfredsson, havlat, could any of those 3 be had i know havlat is like 23 or so give or take a year same for hossa he is like 25 both guys still young and alfreddson assumiong near 30. well i know we have balej and jagr but i wouldnt mind doing some moving around of players position wise if we could get havlat or hossa. this is just an idea that crossed my mind..

Old
07-16-2004, 03:38 PM
Unknownbutfamous

Send a message via AIM to Unknownbutfamous
Havlat is a LW. And to get Hossa we would have to give up Jessimen and a first rounder or Balej and a first rounder. which IMO wouldn't be worth it.

Old
07-16-2004, 03:38 PM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by little a from da bx
hossa or havlat from ottawa, simply because they are ( ottawa ) a bit heavy on right wings,hossa , alfredsson, havlat, could any of those 3 be had i know havlat is like 23 or so give or take a year same for hossa he is like 25 both guys still young and alfreddson assumiong near 30. well i know we have balej and jagr but i wouldnt mind doing some moving around of players position wise if we could get havlat or hossa. this is just an idea that crossed my mind..

Old
07-16-2004, 03:40 PM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownbutfamous
Havlat is a LW. And to get Hossa we would have to give up Jessimen and a first rounder or Balej and a first rounder. which IMO wouldn't be worth it.
it would take more than that to get hossa

Old
07-16-2004, 03:43 PM
Unknownbutfamous

Jessimen and a top 5 pick in a deep draft? I think thats fair, but I wouldn't do it.

Old
07-16-2004, 03:44 PM
Skylab

Quote:
Havlat is a RW, who has played a bit on the left side
You vastly under-rate Hossa if you think that's all it would take to land him

Old
07-16-2004, 03:52 PM
NYR469

Quote:
Jessimen and a top 5 pick in a deep draft? I think thats fair, but I wouldn't do it.
maybe come next draft after the pick is guaranteed to be a top 5 pick, but not now...ottawa would laugh at that offer

Old
07-16-2004, 05:14 PM
Synergy27

I would gladly do that deal to get either one of those guys. Hossa is going to be scary when he hits his prime (not that he isnt scary already), and Havlat has the skills and the desire to be a really special player. Havlat is actually my favorite player in the entire league, I would LOVE to see him in Ranger blue.

Old
07-16-2004, 05:35 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
we need help at centre ice, id like to get Mike Fisher if possible.

Old
07-16-2004, 05:44 PM
denseistrue

vCash:
They would not give up Hossa. Period. The only way they would give up Hlavat would be for a guy like Tyutin and I'd rather have Fedor.

Old
07-16-2004, 05:45 PM
Unknownbutfamous

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy27
Hossa is going to be scary when he hits his prime (not that he isnt scary already), and Havlat has the skills and the desire to be a really special player. Havlat is actually my favorite player in the entire league, I would LOVE to see him in Ranger blue.

I don't think we should acquire because Marian will be past his prime when we are going for the cup. It takes about 6 years of rebuilding to get to the cup. If we get Marian now, then in 6 six years he will be 32, and on the downside of his career. Its pointless to get Marian

Old
07-16-2004, 05:47 PM
Unknownbutfamous

I would love to take a chance on Weiss. As we all now, Keenan does not like this guy. We could be able to get him cheaper than before.

Old
07-16-2004, 07:02 PM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy27
I would gladly do that deal to get either one of those guys. Hossa is going to be scary when he hits his prime (not that he isnt scary already), and Havlat has the skills and the desire to be a really special player. Havlat is actually my favorite player in the entire league, I would LOVE to see him in Ranger blue.
It's a pity. As I understand it, the Rangers were one of the few teams who really knew of and had scouted Havlat in his draft year. Unfortunately, Ottawa had heard of him, too.

With hindsight, I suppose I'd him over Pavel Brendl...

Old
07-16-2004, 09:04 PM
Don Draper

a few things. Havlat is most definitely a RW, and has struggled immensely on the left side so far in his career. Getting Hossa out of ottawa would cost as much as getting thornton out of Boston, as an example. Havlat would probably go for that package of Jessiman and a top 5, but not Hossa. Besides that, Ottawa and NYR dont make good partners, not that it was said that they would.

Old
07-17-2004, 01:02 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by denseistrue
They would not give up Hossa. Period. The only way they would give up Hlavat would be for a guy like Tyutin and I'd rather have Fedor.
WHAT? I mean I know we all love Tyutin, but c'mon. Havlat is only about the same age, maybe a year or two older, and has done way more than Fedor has. Just so you know we would probably have to add something to Tyutin cause the deal wouldn't be fair straight up.

Old
07-17-2004, 06:10 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

We are not in the position to make these kind of deals. Until this organization knows what it really has in terms of prospects, (and I think it is far too early to tell), I don't think it should make these type of moves. This would be a move for a final piece to the puzzle. Just sit back and allow a true rebuilding process to take place.

Old
07-17-2004, 07:40 AM
Leetchie

Send a message via AIM to Leetchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
We are not in the position to make these kind of deals. Until this organization knows what it really has in terms of prospects, (and I think it is far too early to tell), I don't think it should make these type of moves. This would be a move for a final piece to the puzzle. Just sit back and allow a true rebuilding process to take place.

I somewhat agree. However, if Havlat is the target, we'd be speeding up our rebuilding process immensely. Provided he stays healthy, he's got 15 years left in the league. You know what you're getting with a guy like him, while a guy like Jessiman is still a huge question mark.

Either way, there's almost zero chance the Senators move either he or Hossa.

Old
07-17-2004, 09:47 AM
little a from da bx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetchie
I somewhat agree. However, if Havlat is the target, we'd be speeding up our rebuilding process immensely. Provided he stays healthy, he's got 15 years left in the league. You know what you're getting with a guy like him, while a guy like Jessiman is still a huge question mark.

Either way, there's almost zero chance the Senators move either he or Hossa.
thats absolutely true, havlat would be great the kid can score, period. jesiman would be gone in a heart beat if he was included ina fair deal for havlat.

in all honest i think jessiman is gonna be a flop all of u are so high on him because he is big and a first rounder.. read an article that sather picks size over talent( jessiman) for got where i read it.

Old
07-17-2004, 10:27 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
thats absolutely true, havlat would be great the kid can score, period. jesiman would be gone in a heart beat if he was included ina fair deal for havlat.

in all honest i think jessiman is gonna be a flop all of u are so high on him because he is big and a first rounder.. read an article that sather picks size over talent( jessiman) for got where i read it.

Jessiman has both size AND talent. He is just raw and PFs in this league take a while to develop. He has the attitide to be successful. He is working out under the watchful eyes of Ranger management all summer. He's big, he's got soft hands and skates very well - all qualities needed for a succesful PF in this league.

Old
07-17-2004, 10:38 AM
CrookedRain

This deal makes no sense from a Rangers persepective, nor from an Ottawa perspective. The Rangers are rebuilding and the Sens will make a run for the cup provided there is a season.

I don't expect the Rangers to make any deals for young "superstars". Next year's draft is supposed to be much better than this year's and for them to give up draft picks while in a rebuilding mode makes no sense. And that's just from our side of the coin.

I can't imagine Ottawa being serious about making a run at the cup and dumping talent, too. I like Hossa and I like Alfredsson but let's be realistic - this ain't happening. Nor should it.

Old
07-17-2004, 10:49 AM
little a from da bx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
Jessiman has both size AND talent. He is just raw and PFs in this league take a while to develop. He has the attitide to be successful. He is working out under the watchful eyes of Ranger management all summer. He's big, he's got soft hands and skates very well - all qualities needed for a succesful PF in this league.
since u are more knowledgeable on the situation i take your word

Old
07-17-2004, 11:05 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
since u are more knowledgeable on the situation i take your word
I'm just going by what I've heard and read. Kyle Woodlief at Red Line Report loves the guy. But, make no mistake; he is a going to take time to develop. Someone like Parise is more certain to reach the NHL, but, if Jessiman develops fully (which is always in question with this organization) he has the talent to be an impact player, which is what Renney predicts for him.

Old
07-17-2004, 11:06 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrookedRain
This deal makes no sense from a Rangers persepective, nor from an Ottawa perspective. The Rangers are rebuilding and the Sens will make a run for the cup provided there is a season.

I don't expect the Rangers to make any deals for young "superstars". Next year's draft is supposed to be much better than this year's and for them to give up draft picks while in a rebuilding mode makes no sense. And that's just from our side of the coin.

I can't imagine Ottawa being serious about making a run at the cup and dumping talent, too. I like Hossa and I like Alfredsson but let's be realistic - this ain't happening. Nor should it.
And, since they've already dumped Bonk and Lalime, I doubt they feel they have to move someone like Havlat for salary purposes.

Old
07-17-2004, 05:16 PM
CrookedRain

Nah. Lalime was dumped both because of Hasek and because the Sens feel they have to have better goaltending in the playoffs. As for Bonk...he's basically a softer version of Nedved on a team that is entirely too soft. He was overpaid, too.

Old
07-17-2004, 06:04 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrookedRain
Nah. Lalime was dumped both because of Hasek and because the Sens feel they have to have better goaltending in the playoffs. As for Bonk...he's basically a softer version of Nedved on a team that is entirely too soft. He was overpaid, too.
That's the point. They already cut salary by dropping both Lalime and Bonk. Why would they move Havlat or Hossa? It certainly wouldn't be over salary.

Closed Thread