HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rundblad For Paajarvi-Svensson/Eberle

Old
05-27-2011, 12:20 PM
Drew311
Whitey Whackers

vCash: 500
Rundblad For Paajarvi-Svensson/Eberle

I'm not an Ottawa or Edmonton fan, I was just wondering if this would be a realistic trade scenario considering Ottawa lacks top-end forward propsects and Edmonton lack top-end defensive prospects.

There is a chance Edmonton drafts Larsson, and having a Rundblad - Larsson pairing would essentially fill major holes on the blueline.

Do MPS and Eberle have similar value? I would assume Eberle would be harder to let go from an Oilers perspective.

Drew311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 12:28 PM
Pentothal
Listen with one ear

I'd say Eberle and Pääjärvi have a higher value since they've at least somewhat shown that they can perform in the NHL by having solid rookie seasons. With the question marks about Rundblad's ability to adapt to the NHL game, I think Ottawa would have to add something to the deal to get it done.

Pentothal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 12:36 PM
Northern Neighbour

I think the value is there. Just because Eberle and MPS have played one season in the NHL doesn't make them more valuable. Neither of them really lit up the League, but they have the potential to be excellent players.

Big, young, offensive defencemen with top-2 potential like Rundblad are still quite rare in the NHL. This alone would increase Rundblad's value. I would be surprised if any scout questioned Rundblad's ability to adapt to the NHL surface; it's only posters here that make these suggestions.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 12:47 PM
zeus3007*

I'm not going to comment on the value, but Edmonton wouldn't trade either of these guys for Rundblad, despite his great year in the SEL.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 12:50 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour View Post
I think the value is there. Just because Eberle and MPS have played one season in the NHL doesn't make them more valuable. Neither of them really lit up the League, but they have the potential to be excellent players.

Big, young, offensive defencemen with top-2 potential like Rundblad are still quite rare in the NHL. This alone would increase Rundblad's value. I would be surprised if any scout questioned Rundblad's ability to adapt to the NHL surface; it's only posters here that make these suggestions.
Both played very well, and proved that they will be NHL'ers for quite some time. Rundblad had an awesome year in Europe, but he hasn't proven he can handle the NHL yet (and no, its not just posters here who think this way), unlike Eberle and Pajaarvi. Big, young offensive defensemen who haven't played a single North American pro game with top two potential are still worth less than young potential top line forwards who have proven they CAN handle the NHL game.

Old
05-27-2011, 12:51 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

I like Rundblad and all but the guy is overrated if you seriously think he could fetch Eberle. I wouldn't trade MPS either for Rundblad, Ottawa would have to add.

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 12:52 PM
Eytinge

I'm not trying to be a homer, but I wouldn't consider it.

Eytinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
rockinghockey

I think that Ott would have to add, not much but would add, Eberle wont be going any where, it would be MPS

rockinghockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Clive Barley
Condra Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour View Post

Uh, how about the Blues organization?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Sens fan, and am very excited/intrigued about Rundblad after the season he just had. That said though, the Blues must have seen some flaw in his game to make him expendable at last year's draft.

Clive Barley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 01:20 PM
Northern Neighbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Barley View Post

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Sens fan, and am very excited/intrigued about Rundblad after the season he just had. That said though, the Blues must have seen some flaw in his game to make him expendable at last year's draft.
Maybe the Blues viewed that they needed a scoring winger more than an offensive defenceman, especially since the Blues have a lot of young d-men in their system.

Old
05-27-2011, 01:26 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Given that Edmonton balked when we told them that the price for Ryan Johansen was Jordan Eberle, I don't think you're going to get him and MPS for Rundblad alone.

That and I'm, like, 99% certain they draft RNH. Not only would he add to their extensive collection of hyphenated surname players (which I, as a fellow hyphenated surname individual, heartily approve of ), but they kind of need top-6 center prospects.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 01:27 PM
Northern Neighbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Given that Edmonton balked when we told them that the price for Ryan Johansen was Jordan Eberle, I don't think you're going to get him and MPS for Rundblad alone.
No one suggested both Eberle and MPS for Rundblad. The OP asked if Rundblad could net either one of the Oilers' young forwards.

Old
05-27-2011, 01:29 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
/ = either, not both

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 01:47 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Didn't catch the "either". Mea culpa.

My criticism of the "drafting Larsson" hypothesis still stands, tho.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 01:49 PM
dnicks17

vCash: 1115
Do not want Rundblad.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 01:52 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Barley View Post

Probably Tarasenko being better than Rundblad. Yes, it's an apples and oranges comparison, but they probably felt that Tarasenko as a skilled forward would do more for the Blues than Rundblad as a skilled d. Not too mention at the time, Rundblad was behind Johnson, Pietrangelo and Cole. Now, just move AP up and slide Shattenkirk in there.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 01:53 PM
MoreGore

This stuff has been tried before. Edmonton is happy with their kids, and they are too worried that Rundblad can't translate to NHL success.

Last year, I suggested Karlsson for Eberle and was told to beat it. I tried Rundblad for their first, no go with that either. It seems that the fan base is pretty happy with their youth.

MoreGore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 01:55 PM
MoreGore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Probably Tarasenko being better than Rundblad. Yes, it's an apples and oranges comparison, but they probably felt that Tarasenko as a skilled forward would do more for the Blues than Rundblad as a skilled d. Not too mention at the time, Rundblad was behind Johnson, Pietrangelo and Cole. Now, just move AP up and slide Shattenkirk in there.
Tarasenko is an amazing prospect, but will remain in Russia for at least one more year. I had heard that he was offered another 2 years after that as well. This is exactly why Ottawa was willing to make the trade, they were not sure about Tarasenko's commitment to the NHL. I assume that he will still come though.

MoreGore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 01:57 PM
thalegion

I watched a few Skellefeta(sp) games last year and I do like Rundblad and think he will play on the NHL I don't think he will be a great force, I see Kurtis Foster in him which isn't terrible and he's prolly going to be a little better at offense but a bit worse on D. Keep in mind I still don't care for Karlsson because I worry about his defensive game and tend to forget defense get better.

thalegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 01:58 PM
ponokanocker

Do we have a need for a Rundblad type defenceman? Yes.

Would we give up one of Eberle or PRV for him? No

Would they trade Eberle or PRV for a defenseman that has played in the league at least one year and been decent with good top pairing potential? Possibly, but Rundblad does not fit into that criteria.

ponokanocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 02:03 PM
BigEyedPhish

I'd rather us in Ottawa stay with our future defense that looks like it will be a powerhouse. We don't need to trade Rundblad who had a record breaking miracle season in the SEL. I'd rather wait and see what he can do over here..

BigEyedPhish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 02:26 PM
SpezDispenser

There's no reason for Ottawa to trade Rundblad. We acquired him this time last year, he smashed records in the SEL - what more do you want him to do? He's exceeding very lofty expectations. Same with Edmonton, why would they move someone like Eberle now?

As for MPS, I wouldn't trade Rundblad for him straight up. If MPS evolved into a 70 point guy and Rundblad doesn't make the cut, then my bad, but right now I see huge potential in Rundblad. 50+ point seasons wouldn't surprise me not too far down the road.

SpezDispenser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 02:35 PM
The Nuge
Some Say...

vCash: 50
I don't think the value is too far off but I think it probably gets shot down by every oiler fan and some Sens fans. While there's no doubt Rundblad is going to be good, we already have guys to play that role. If he was a shutdown guy I would probably do it for PRV, but we have plenty of offense, we need that one top pairing shutdown guy

The Nuge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 02:50 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalegion View Post
I watched a few Skellefeta(sp) games last year and I do like Rundblad and think he will play on the NHL I don't think he will be a great force, I see Kurtis Foster in him which isn't terrible and he's prolly going to be a little better at offense but a bit worse on D. Keep in mind I still don't care for Karlsson because I worry about his defensive game and tend to forget defense get better.
If Rundblad has worse defense than Foster, he won't succeed in the NHL. Foster is brutal.

Old
05-27-2011, 02:52 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

I wouldn't do it from either side.

No, not from the Senators either.

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote