HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CKAC: Guy Charron signs with Florida !

Closed Thread

Old
07-14-2004, 05:24 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 613
CKAC and RDS: Guy Charron to Florida !?

Surprised no one else reported this. They reported it about 20 minutes ago. Charron has joined the Panthers coaching staff in a similar role that he had here. Does Jarvis now get a promotion?

edit: RDS mentionned it, but they didn't say it was official.

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 07-14-2004 at 06:46 PM.
Old
07-14-2004, 05:31 PM
DirtyJeeves

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DirtyJeeves
I'd really prefer Jarvis to stay in Hamilton, but I wouldn't oppose a promotion.

Old
07-14-2004, 05:31 PM
velimiiro

GOOD.

i did not like that guy... hopefully we can get a MUCH better assistant !

Old
07-14-2004, 05:33 PM
Zednik

Alright, I hate this coach ! Our special units sucked with him as the coach.

Old
07-14-2004, 05:37 PM
velimiiro

Any word on who will replace him????

Old
07-14-2004, 05:40 PM
habsfansam

Not that i've seen, but it wouldn't hurt to take a step back in time and nab Carbo if his kids are out of school (his major beef last time... no english school for his kids in Quebec). That woulk kick butt!

He'd have lots more to work with this time around in terms of personnel...

There are lots of good, smart coaches out there.... i doubt we'd move jarvis already. It's important for a team like the habs to have a strong voice developing kids in the AHL. I think our franchise would be worse off if he were promoted... not because he's bad, he's just really good where he is.

Old
07-14-2004, 06:18 PM
EaGLE1

Julien need better assistants. Charon was bad. Look at the Penalty Killing....Well Craig Rivet didn't help with that but however i think we need a strong assistant with Claude, like Dave King for Alain Vigneault.

Old
07-14-2004, 06:22 PM
Guig

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJeeves
I'd really prefer Jarvis to stay in Hamilton, but I wouldn't oppose a promotion.
I'd prefer Jarvis to stay in Hamilton too because he's a good "young player" coach.

Old
07-14-2004, 06:22 PM
rocketlives

Guy Charron gone

No big loss if it's true. I'm not sure Doug Jarvis would be interested in being an assistant coach in the NHL again. For him, it would be a step backward.

Jarvis has been a Hamilton resident for years and I believe his services are more needed as a head coach over there than as an assistant coach in Montreal.

I'd sure like to see Carbo back in that position, if he's still interested.

Old
07-14-2004, 06:23 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

OMG ! We're done. It's over. And I thought we had a nice thing going on. I ask you people, what are we going to do without this guy ? Should we just roll over and die ? I vote yes.

Old
07-14-2004, 06:24 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 613
Yeah, I'm not sure Jarvis will be promoted and I want him to stay in H-town, but right now he has to be a candidate since, IIRC, he had the special teams job in Dallas.

Old
07-14-2004, 06:37 PM
lazek

Good news!! Nothing against the guy but the only things he seemed to do was talking to Melanson upstairs and motivating players by slapping(?) them on the back. He was IMHO just a cheerleader.

Old
07-14-2004, 06:39 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Wow this is a surprise, he was just at the development camp, now he's gone. As for Jarvis keep him in Hamilton. I read an article on Jarvis when he first came to Hamilton that a big reason for him to take the job was the chance to be so close to family and friends. Wonder what Gainey will do. Dave King would be a solid guy to get if he would come back.

Old
07-14-2004, 06:49 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Too bad he didn't take Rick Green with him, then.

Old
07-14-2004, 06:58 PM
EaGLE1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
Too bad he didn't take Rick Green with him, then.
Rick Green was a fine d-man in the '80 but i'm not sure he is a great coach. Mike Komisarek don't develop as expected in part because of him IMO. Markov had a hard time playing good hockey early in the season...

Old
07-14-2004, 07:05 PM
eddy

Never really liked the guy as an assistant, i'd like to get Carbo back for the job though!

Old
07-14-2004, 07:18 PM
Belarus Rocket

Send a message via MSN to Belarus Rocket
Carbo will not come back to MTL right now,you can forget It.But I would love someone like Dave King

Old
07-14-2004, 08:29 PM
deandebean

Claude should be able to pick his own coach. And don't be surprised if it's someone close to him. An ex-Hull coach? An actual Hull coach? An ex-NHLer with coaching experience who used to play with him? Your pick is as good as mine. Let's speculate.

Alain Vigneault?

John Chabot?

Old
07-14-2004, 09:10 PM
goalchenyuk

i would like LARIONOV to be the guy ...he's not only a great and intelligent player but he 'd able to get the best of our future '' russian File ''...because he's a russian legend

Old
07-14-2004, 09:26 PM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
i would like LARIONOV to be the guy ...he's not only a great and intelligent player but he 'd able to get the best of our future '' russian File ''...because he's a russian legend
thats not a bad idea, but i guess he would prabably offer is service to detroit or maybe he could try to get a position in russia? honestly i dont know but i would be surprise if it would happen, but it would be great this guy is really something.

Old
07-14-2004, 09:31 PM
Duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
Boom Boom Geoffrion was a Habs legend and a terrible coach...

Assuming this is true, I'm hoping CJ picks a good teacher who has a track record with young players but can also relate to veterans. Some have suggested Dave King. My choice would be Carbo but it seems unlikely. Robinson?

Old
07-14-2004, 09:34 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Joe Juneau?

Old
07-14-2004, 09:36 PM
oli500

I would also love to see carbo back as an assistan, but probably wont happen. Here is another possibility but most likely wont happen cause I think he wouldent want to be an assistant, but with gainey running the show who knows what could happen . Larry Robinsson. I think he and claude would be a great duo behind the bench. I think Larry would be an ideal assistant considering we have a young talented group of defencemen. Maybe thats what hainsey needs to become the defencemen that we all ecpect him to be, is someone like Larry behind the bench. He would be the perfect canditade in my opinion.

Old
07-14-2004, 09:40 PM
Corey

Is it official that Charron signed with Florida? No announcement. Also, what about the other assistants? Green and Melanson?

Old
07-14-2004, 09:45 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaGLE1
Rick Green was a fine d-man in the '80 but i'm not sure he is a great coach. Mike Komisarek don't develop as expected in part because of him IMO. Markov had a hard time playing good hockey early in the season...
I just "get the feeling" that Green is a bit too much enamoured of his own style... that is to say: playing it safe and keeping his position, but not being at all aggressive. It seems to rub off on many of our guys. We just don't have any bite out there most times. I don't want that to happen to Komisarek. If he tries to kill people, that's great. If he becomes the next Rick Green... well... not terrible, but not sufficiently exciting either.

If Carbo can come back to replace Charron, great. If they want to go a step further and nominate Trent Yawney to replace Green, not sure if Yawney would do that, but he seems to have a high profile right about now.

Closed Thread