HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

SCF: Boston Bruins (3) vs. Vancouver Canucks (1)

View Poll Results: Who Wins?
Canucks in 4 58 7.09%
Canucks in 5 187 22.86%
Canucks in 6 212 25.92%
Canucks in 7 53 6.48%
Bruins in 4 21 2.57%
Bruins in 5 20 2.44%
Bruins in 6 181 22.13%
Bruins in 7 86 10.51%
Voters: 818. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
05-29-2011, 11:44 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzBuzz View Post
Boston has yet to face a team with:

- offensive ability of San Jose or Chicago
- defensive ability of Nashville or Chicago
- goaltending of Nashville
Boston is actually all three of those.

Old
05-29-2011, 11:48 PM
BuzzBuzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
ability?
Offense=SJ 2.96 GF, TB 2.94
Chicago + San Jose outscored TB in the regular season

Quote:
Defense=CHI 2.68 G/A, MTL 2.51
Chicago with Crawford [their starting goalie in the Playoffs and not Turco the sieve] 2.3 G/A

Montreal with Price - 2.35 G/A

Quote:
Goaltending? Im a big fan he was #2 behind thomas this year for performance. But Price is nothing to sneeze at.
Rinne
# SV% .930
# GAA 2.12

vs

Price
# SV% .923
# GAA 2.35

Old
05-29-2011, 11:50 PM
saskbruin44*
Stanley Cup Champs

Send a message via ICQ to saskbruin44*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportix View Post
This will be billed as the Classiest team vs the Dirtiest team. Unfortunately Boston can only win by cheating and playing dirty. Expect a lot of cheap dirty plays by the Bruins. Its going to be tough but the Canucks just have to turn the other cheek otherwise Campbell and his cronies will assure us of losing. Its no secret that all of Bostons teams play dirty and the Bruins are no different I just hope the Canucks maintain their utmost class and clean play and show the hockey world how you can win the Stanley Cup with clean play, dignity and pure class. The Bruins will disgrace themselves more in these playoffs once they are over but that is there MO so I expect nothing less. Can't wait, Canucks in 5.

have you watched any Eastern Conference games in these playoffs??

btw, you forgot about how much diving the Bruins do.....oh wait, I get it.
Vancouver owns that category

Old
05-30-2011, 12:06 AM
Silvercat

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Boston is actually all three of those.
Boston does NOT have the explosive talent that Chicago or San Jose have.

Old
05-30-2011, 12:13 AM
BlendIcier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixwings View Post
?
I wouldn't say Boston is the best of Chicago, San Jose, and Nashville combined but they are probably the most complete team overall this year other than the Canucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskbruin44 View Post
have you watched any Eastern Conference games in these playoffs??

btw, you forgot about how much diving the Bruins do.....oh wait, I get it.
Vancouver owns that category
I think Getzlaf would disagree with you there, spamming HFBoards doesn't bleed over to reality.

Old
05-30-2011, 12:23 AM
BuzzBuzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlendIcier View Post
I wouldn't say Boston is the best of Chicago, San Jose, and Nashville combined but they are probably the most complete team overall this year other than the Canucks.

Healthy Chicago team with Crawford in net rather than Turco I think is a more complete team than Boston. They actually have depth on defense beyond the top pair.

Old
05-30-2011, 12:26 AM
BlendIcier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
Boston does NOT have the explosive talent that Chicago or San Jose have.
True, but depth matters.

What Chicago had in their top 6, they paid for in the drop off through the bottom 6 compared to Boston.
What San Jose had in their forwards, they paid for in the drop off of their defence and to a lesser extent goaltending.

Boston had a good team, and they did very well in upgrading their weak parts.

If I was going to criticize the Bruins' roster, it would be the Horton-Lucic-Krecij line has carried the scoring load in every round and there is a significant drop off after Chara-Seidenberg on defence. The consistency of execution has been varied and absent a comfortable dominance except for the Philadelphia series, which I would attribute to Julien's style and choices.

Old
05-30-2011, 12:51 AM
Aquiace
The Goggles!

So why is there a part 1 and a part 2 thread open at the same time?

Old
05-30-2011, 02:43 AM
One Trick Pony

Wow these guys seriously have a complex

Old
05-30-2011, 03:29 AM
Speediakal
Hometown Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
So after being all nice and dandy to boston fans, I just checked there forums, and yes of course they are compiling all the dives canucks had.

I love it, because some seriously think that we can literally do the exact same thing with every single team in the nhl.

Maybe I never should have gave such high praise to boston fans.

I expect trash talk, and hockey talk, instead that's what they are coming up with. Truly astonished

It gets even better also, Look at the comments, they actually approve of the thread.

Feels like chicago all over again. Habs fans were right on the money.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=919008

Ladies and gents, playtime is over.
There is (or used to be) a lot of respect for the Boston Bruins here in Vancouver, I wonder if this series will change that.

Old
05-30-2011, 03:40 AM
Johnny LaRue

I have tonnes of respect for the Bruins. It think the biggest problem the Nucks have is the Boston D. The Sedins will really have their work cut out for them.

Old
05-30-2011, 03:43 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
It's a good argument

Also, many thought the flyers were going to beat the bruins, and even the ones who thought the Bruins would beat the flyers never thought it would be done in 4 games. Most aren't writing off our past competition until we had beaten them. Montreal was our toughest, match up wise and mentally they were in the Bruins' heads for quite some time.

The Hawks should have been done in 4-5 games. Allowing them to come within a sudden death goal of winning it shows mental weakness. The Preds gave vancouver fits but had no offense, for as much of a fit the preds gave vancouver defensively, Boston will put it in the net too. It's kind of pointless arguing about it tho, these are two teams that rarely play eachother going at it. 7 games.
Here's my opinion:

MTL...
Mtl came so close to beating Bos. End result...Bos won the series by 1 goal. Should have been Mtl in 6 (especially after that early 2-0 lead in series).

PHILLY...
Philly was supposed to beat Boston...again healthy Pronger, healthy M.Richards, Carter,etc..Philly in 5 or 6.
No Pronger...was a major factor.
M.Richards was invisible...played very injured.
Jeff Carter...invisible and very injured (could be wrong here).

TAMPA...
Imo, Bos should have won and they did. Surprised they won by 1 goal only.

Easy Prediction:
Colin Campbell will do everything he can to see his son (Gregory Campbell) lift the Cup. It's called cheating. Boston will as usual try to cheat by attempting to injure the Sedins, Burrows, Erhoff, Edler, Salo,etc...whenever Vancouver will have a 2 goal lead, especially in the 3rd period. Sore losing goons Lucic and Horton (always together 'cause they can't do anything by themselves) will try to injure Canuck players, and Colin Campbell (father of Bruins' Gregory Campbell) will look the other way and as usual not hand out any suspensions to Lucic and Horton. Chara, Lucic, Horton, Boychuck...none of these cheaters/goons deserve to be in the Cup Final. They just cheat and goon it up when they lose instead of playing fair (injuring opponents when they lose). Only a handful of Bruin players deserve to be there...T.Thomas and P.Bergeron have class and deserve to be there. Too bad they play on team full of sore losing, cheating goons.

And forget about saying ''may the best team win''.
With Boston there it has now become ''may the best cheaters get finally...caught and stopped''. (cheaters shouldn't be allowed to go this far).

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 05-30-2011 at 05:04 AM.
Old
05-30-2011, 03:49 AM
AntonRodin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Easy Prediction:
Boston will try to injure the Sedins, Burrows, Erhoff, Edler, Salo,etc...whenever Vancouver will have a 2 goal lead, especially in the 3rd period. Sore losing goons Lucic and Horton (always together 'cause they can't do anything by themselves) will try to injure Canuck players, and Colin Campbell (father of Bruins' Gregory Campbell) will look the other way and as usual not hand out any suspensions to Lucic and Horton. Chara, Lucic, Horton, Boychuck...none of these cheaters/goons deserve to be in the Cup Final. They just cheat and goon it up when they lose instead of playing fair (injuring opponents when they lose). Only T.Thomas and P.Bergeron have class and deserve to be there.

And forget about saying ''may the best team win''.
With Boston there it has now become ''may the best cheaters get finally...caught and stopped''. (cheaters shouldn't be allowed to go this far).
I guess all the games will end in 1 goal differences? :S

Old
05-30-2011, 04:00 AM
nycbruins*

Oh Habs fans, it's pretty sad at this point. If you can't realize how pathetic you are by now, I guess we'll just have to deal with it.

Gonna be a good series. I have no idea what everyone is talking about with how classless Bruins fans are. I haven't seen anything yet. Links?

I thought/think both fanbases have respect for each other and it's going to be a good time.

Old
05-30-2011, 04:15 AM
NotAPuckBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post
Oh Habs fans, it's pretty sad at this point. If you can't realize how pathetic you are by now, I guess we'll just have to deal with it.

Gonna be a good series. I have no idea what everyone is talking about with how classless Bruins fans are. I haven't seen anything yet. Links?

I thought/think both fanbases have respect for each other and it's going to be a good time.

We were talking about this one thread on the Bruins board that was called "Learn to hate" and was dedicated to evidence on how much the Canucks dive and how all Bruins fans should hate us passionately etc etc etc. It's been taken down though.

I'm actually pretty pumped for this series to start. And yeah, I would say both fanbases have a fair amount of respect towards each other. Things could change though.

Old
05-30-2011, 04:45 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post

Love how you're taking the opportunity to put down all the Hab fans...

I'm just one Hab fan and not all of my opinions represent the entire Hab fan base.

Nice try though.

Go Nucks Go!!
May the best team, classiest team win.
Please don't let the cheating goons win it all.

Closed Thread