HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

SCF: #3 Boston Bruins vs. #1 Vancouver Canucks - WE'RE BACK!

View Poll Results: Who wins the Stanley Cup?
Bruins will win in 4 13 5.28%
Bruins will win in 5 10 4.07%
Bruins will win in 6 127 51.63%
Bruins will win in 7 34 13.82%
Canucks will win in 4 7 2.85%
Canucks will win in 5 23 9.35%
Canucks will win in 6 29 11.79%
Canucks will win in 7 3 1.22%
Voters: 246. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-28-2011, 10:25 AM
Boston BROin
Marchand makes u mad

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Boston BROin Send a message via Yahoo to Boston BROin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnwell Cooperall View Post
Everyone on TSN and Sportsnet have said the exact same thing. There's absolutely no love for the Bruins by the media outside of Boston. I'm fine with that, I'd rather be the underdog than the team that has been handed the Stanley Cup since October.

Boston BROin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 10:35 AM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

vCash: 500
I can't wait for Thomas to pop Kesler right in the face. You know it's gonna happen.

Jack Donaghy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 10:43 AM
pblc

Bruins are definitely the underdogs in this series.

But man oh man its funny over on the Canucks boards ...I mean, I know we all sometimes over estimate our own team....but according to quite a few folks over there the NHL might as well just hand Vancouver the cup now, Bruins have zero chance ...nada...zip.....

Don't get me wrong the Canucks are a great team........playing scary good right now, but the overconfidence of some of their fans borders on the ridiculous. I think I'll refrain from visiting their board for now.

pblc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 11:24 AM
NJBRUINS68
2 MORE WINS

As in just about any 7 game series ... We need to take 1 of 2 in Vancouver. I believe that we will do that ... and if so, I feel real good about our chances.

NJBRUINS68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 11:28 AM
NonBruinHatingCanuck

Ok, first off, a Bear? Swimming in the ocean? Bruin's dont like water! If you placed it near a river or some sort of fresh water source, that makes sense. But you find yourself in the ocean, 20 foot waves (Im assuming its off the coast of Vancouver ISland). Going up against a full grown 1600-pound Killer Whale with his 20 or 30 friends? You lose that battle. You lose that battle 9 times out of 10. Well guess what? Youve wandered into a school of Whales and we now have a taste of Bear! Weve talked to ourselves. Weve communicated. And I said, You know what?! Bear's tastes good! Lets go get some more Bear! Weve developed a system: to establish a beachhead and to aggressively hunt you and your family. And we will corner you and your, your pride, your children.

NonBruinHatingCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 11:32 AM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonBruinHatingCanuck View Post
Ok, first off, a Bear? Swimming in the ocean? Bruin's dont like water! If you placed it near a river or some sort of fresh water source, that makes sense. But you find yourself in the ocean, 20 foot waves (Im assuming its off the coast of Vancouver ISland). Going up against a full grown 1600-pound Killer Whale with his 20 or 30 friends? You lose that battle. You lose that battle 9 times out of 10. Well guess what? Youve wandered into a school of Whales and we now have a taste of Bear! Weve talked to ourselves. Weve communicated. And I said, You know what?! Bear's tastes good! Lets go get some more Bear! Weve developed a system: to establish a beachhead and to aggressively hunt you and your family. And we will corner you and your, your pride, your children.

Haha such an awesome movie

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 11:33 AM
MadHouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjay View Post
I find the guy annoying less for his homerism than for the fact that he just repeats the same phrases way too often.

GRRRRRRRRREAT SAVE LUONGO! I guarantee you'll hear "grrreat save luongo/thomas" at least 100 times this series.

MadHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 11:34 AM
patty59

Similar to Tampa, the canucks win most of their games on the PP. Stay out of the box and we should be fine.

We have scored more 5 on 5 goals then vancouver has altogether.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 11:36 AM
bunjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
Similar to Tampa, the canucks win most of their games on the PP. Stay out of the box and we should be fine.

We have scored more 5 on 5 goals then vancouver has altogether.
Horton and Lucic especially have to keep their cool. And that'll be no easy task, Vancouver is a frustrating team to play against. On top of being really good in all areas, they are terribly willing to dive or embellish.

bunjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 11:37 AM
Comp

Bruins in 6, just because I would like to see them win it at home.

Comp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 11:40 AM
sky

Canucks in 5 or 6 =)

sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 11:40 AM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHouse View Post
LMAO

Chessarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 11:42 AM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjay View Post
Horton and Lucic especially have to keep their cool. And that'll be no easy task, Vancouver is a frustrating team to play against. On top of being really good in all areas, they are terribly willing to dive or embellish.
Isn't that the truth. I am really hoping that Lucic and Horton will get to Luongo similar to Bolland and Byfuglien did last year.

If we can get to Luongo and stay relatively disciplined we should be ok.

They are pretty banged up, Kesler got hurt last game, Erhoff should be back but he's hurt, Malholtra probably won't play but if he does he hasn't played in months. If we come out flying and really take the body to them they could fold. The west isn't as tough as people like to make it out as and the canucks are far from a "gritty" team.

Pound these *******.

Old
05-28-2011, 01:29 PM
howaryuh

Funny how the media is picking the canucks in a landslide, it seems everyone has forgotten how the hawks gave them quite the scare in round 1.
I'm picking the B's in six, and if they have the chance to win it at home, it will be an opportune time to see my first game in Boston (seen them just about everywhere but!).

howaryuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 01:38 PM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
I said Bruins in 5 but I hope it's Bruins in 6. Home town hasn't won the Cup in a while and it would be AMAZING for them to win it in front of the fans.

If we thought the celebration and elation was insane with last night's win.. Imagine if it's winning the Cup.

My prediction?

Game1: Win
Game2: Loss
Game3: Win
Game4: Win
Game5: Loss
Game6: Win

SerenityRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 02:03 PM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

I Have a Ticket for Game 5 !!!!!!!!!

First of all - I'm not going to tell you what I paid for this ticket but a few years ago that amount of cash would have covered my rent, utilities, and groceries for a full month plus maybe a movie & dinner night or two. It's certainly not the best seat in the house but it's not the worst either. The only thing I feel badly about is that my buddy had to sell it because of some hospital bills he needs to pay off. Last night's game was even more nerve wracking for me than it normally would be as I had to agree to buy the ticket before Game 7 was played. Even though it would still have been pretty neat to see a Stanley Cup Finals game in person I would have had a hard time justifying the cost if it ended up with Tampa Bay playing Vancouver. I'll be thinking of you guys when I see Chara and the rest of the team doing their victory laps holding the Stanley Cup.

BostonBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 02:05 PM
SlickM32

guessing around 1 k based on stubhub

SlickM32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 03:26 PM
PG Canuck

vCash: 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by pblc View Post
Bruins are definitely the underdogs in this series.

But man oh man its funny over on the Canucks boards ...I mean, I know we all sometimes over estimate our own team....but according to quite a few folks over there the NHL might as well just hand Vancouver the cup now, Bruins have zero chance ...nada...zip.....

Don't get me wrong the Canucks are a great team........playing scary good right now, but the overconfidence of some of their fans borders on the ridiculous. I think I'll refrain from visiting their board for now.
Well our confidence just got higher, we got our best 3rd line center back.

Good luck Bruins should be a good series, at least someone will finally win eh?

PG Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 05:16 PM
Mione134

Wish the game was tonight.

The overconfident Nuk fans are killing me.

Mione134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 05:24 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
So glad I have the option to watch this one on NBC so I don't have to listen to canucks superfan Jim Hughson and superdouche Glenn Healy
Jim Hughson was in tears after the Canucks clinched against the Sharks, ****ING TEARS! I hope the Bruins can make him cry for another reason.

bruinsfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 05:29 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
Wish the game was tonight.

The overconfident Nuk fans are killing me.
No offense, but would you rather have canucks worried and nervious instead?.

Of course we are overconfident, we are in the cup final, and we just got manny malholtra back.

I think people confuse confidence and arrogance.

I have talked 2 many boston fans that I know, and nearly all of them are saying the bruins will steamroll us in 5.

Nothing wrong with being confident. imo

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 05:29 PM
Bruins2020

Boston in 6 ... Why? Because not only is Tim Thomas better than Luongo now, but he's hungrier too. The Game 7 gem has Timmy back on track and confident and focused.

I believe the B's will come together as one (as they did last night) and win this one for Timmy.

I agree with the poster that said the Western Conference isn't as good as thought. Certainly not as good as it has been in recent years anyways.

The Hawks almost took the Canucks down, and they just beat a Sharks team that was completely spent after an incredibly grueling 7 game series with the Red Wings, which had the Sharks on their heels for 4 straight games. After watching that entire 7 game series, I knew that the Sharks had zero left in the tank.

The Bruins will not be that easy!

Bruins2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 05:30 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaffiTorres View Post
Well our confidence just got higher, we got our best 3rd line center back.

Good luck Bruins should be a good series, at least someone will finally win eh?
OH NO! Not Manny Malholtra! What are we going to do, their 3rd line just got marginally better!

Old
05-28-2011, 05:32 PM
Bruins2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
No offense, but would you rather have canucks worried and nervious instead?.

Of course we are overconfident, we are in the cup final, and we just got manny malholtra back.

I think people confuse confidence and arrogance.

I have talked 2 many boston fans that I know, and nearly all of them are saying the bruins will steamroll us in 5.

Nothing wrong with being confident. imo
there certainly isn't but it does make losing harder to deal with.

Bruins2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 05:36 PM
Jonathan17
Trollface!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBob View Post
First of all - I'm not going to tell you what I paid for this ticket but a few years ago that amount of cash would have covered my rent, utilities, and groceries for a full month plus maybe a movie & dinner night or two. It's certainly not the best seat in the house but it's not the worst either. The only thing I feel badly about is that my buddy had to sell it because of some hospital bills he needs to pay off. Last night's game was even more nerve wracking for me than it normally would be as I had to agree to buy the ticket before Game 7 was played. Even though it would still have been pretty neat to see a Stanley Cup Finals game in person I would have had a hard time justifying the cost if it ended up with Tampa Bay playing Vancouver. I'll be thinking of you guys when I see Chara and the rest of the team doing their victory laps holding the Stanley Cup.
Well, I certainly hope there is a Game 5 for you and no sweep, one way or another.

And I'm happy that Malhotra is back. I've been a fan of his for years, and it would have been sad to see his career cut short.

Jonathan17 is offline   Reply With Quote