HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

SCF: #3 Boston Bruins vs. #1 Vancouver Canucks - WE'RE BACK!

View Poll Results: Who wins the Stanley Cup?
Bruins will win in 4 13 5.28%
Bruins will win in 5 10 4.07%
Bruins will win in 6 127 51.63%
Bruins will win in 7 34 13.82%
Canucks will win in 4 7 2.85%
Canucks will win in 5 23 9.35%
Canucks will win in 6 29 11.79%
Canucks will win in 7 3 1.22%
Voters: 246. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-28-2011, 06:01 PM
  #101
NonBruinHatingCanuck
Registered User
 
NonBruinHatingCanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
OH NO! Not Manny Malholtra! What are we going to do, their 3rd line just got marginally better!
have you seen Malholtra Play? He might be more of a pain in the ass to play against then Kesler.. Hes not an offensive 70 pts guy.. But he sure is not fun to play against.

You will see what i'm talking about.. I think he could match up well against Bergeron. IF he can keep the Bergeron lighting the lamp a few times would be just great.

Hes a really good player. Penalty Killing Specialist Faceoff specialist Defensive forward Specialist.

Good Luck Bruins... I'm confident but worried. Like someone said at least someone will lost the 40 year drought...

NonBruinHatingCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 06:20 PM
  #102
HookeyPookey*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Country: Australia
Posts: 1,208
vCash: 500
anyone think game 1 is gigantic, if we pinch it put some doubt in their mind and bring them back to Boston things could go our way, performed decent away from home is my understanding but Canucks fans are crazy

HookeyPookey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 06:23 PM
  #103
pblc
Registered User
 
pblc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Nova Scotia Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
No offense, but would you rather have canucks worried and nervious instead?.

Of course we are overconfident, we are in the cup final, and we just got manny malholtra back.

I think people confuse confidence and arrogance.

I have talked 2 many boston fans that I know, and nearly all of them are saying the bruins will steamroll us in 5.

Nothing wrong with being confident. imo
Ummmm.....no.....I know the difference between confidence and arrogance and "arrogance" is certainly the more appropriate word to use for what a lot of Canuck fans are posting.

Hell, I saw a post on the main board from one Canuck fan who straight out said that he was embarrassed by the arrogance of his fellow Canuck fans.

Listen, most reasonable Bruin fans know that Vancouver is a strong team....and that they are heavily favored to win and that all the stars will have to align for the Bruins to win but the arrogance and sense of superiority of many Canuck fans (and I'm not including you here) is bordering on "Hab-like".

And to add...through the playoffs I've heard other fan bases mention the arrogance and cockiness (or whatever you want to call it) of the Canuck fans and just put it down to the normal dislike that one fan base has for an opponents fan base....but after only 1 day of actually reading the thoughts of some Canuck fans.....I now see why these things were said.


Last edited by pblc: 05-28-2011 at 06:36 PM.
pblc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 06:26 PM
  #104
YouCantYandleThis*
Moustache Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pblc View Post
Ummmm.....no.....I know the difference between confidence and arrogance and "arrogance" is certainly the more appropriate word to use for what a lot of Canuck fans are posting.

Hell, I saw a post on the main board from one Canuck fan who straight out said that he was embarrassed by the arrogance of his fellow Canuck fans.

Listen, most reasonable Bruin fans know that Vancouver is a strong team....and that they are heavily favored to win and that all the stars will have to align for the Bruins to win but the arrogance and sense of superiority of many Canuck fans (and I'm not including you here) is bordering on "Hab-like".
Yeah I get it. That was me you saw telling Canucks fans to dial it down, because it's true. We have some really, really awful fans, as does every other fanbase. We just have alot more right now, as a result of the run.

And alot of the reason is because of how much **** we take from trolls from other teams not involved in the series. It's really all over the place, and as much as you scoff at the idea of some anonymous internet man pissing you off, it does (as is evidenced by the general Canuck hate)

YouCantYandleThis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 06:29 PM
  #105
RedBruin
Registered User
 
RedBruin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 2,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
OH NO! Not Manny Malholtra! What are we going to do, their 3rd line just got marginally better!
I know, some of them are trying to scare us with Rafi Torres

RedBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 06:56 PM
  #106
JBIZ14
Registered User
 
JBIZ14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
Just so everyone knows, most of Canada with the exception of BC and QC will be pulling for the Bruins.


I got about 100 text's from friends who jumped on the bandwagon. One thing for sure, is people in Alberta hate the Canucks.
Well except for the thousands upon thousands of Canucks fans that raid their building when Vancouver comes...I'm in Lethbridge...seeing a whole lot more Canucks stuff then Bruins...


anyways...

Congrats on getting out of the East and as a huge Neely fan it sucks that the Canucks have to play you but hey good luck.

JBIZ14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 07:05 PM
  #107
patty59
***************
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBIZ14 View Post
Well except for the thousands upon thousands of Canucks fans that raid their building when Vancouver comes...I'm in Lethbridge...seeing a whole lot more Canucks stuff then Bruins...


anyways...

Congrats on getting out of the East and as a huge Neely fan it sucks that the Canucks have to play you but hey good luck.
No ****. I would say that Alberta is mostly made up of Flames and Oilers fan, wouldn't you? I'd bet you could get both fanbases to agree on one thing and that would be neither want to see the canucks win.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 07:12 PM
  #108
patty59
***************
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NonBruinHatingCanuck View Post
have you seen Malholtra Play? He might be more of a pain in the ass to play against then Kesler.. Hes not an offensive 70 pts guy.. But he sure is not fun to play against.

You will see what i'm talking about.. I think he could match up well against Bergeron. IF he can keep the Bergeron lighting the lamp a few times would be just great.

Hes a really good player. Penalty Killing Specialist Faceoff specialist Defensive forward Specialist.

Good Luck Bruins... I'm confident but worried. Like someone said at least someone will lost the 40 year drought...
No, any good?

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 07:17 PM
  #109
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Bill Ladd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wellesley, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
I'm all for Corporate support of a team but has Boston Pizza on their Canadian website gone too far ?

http://www.bostonpizza.ca/en/Default.aspx


No, that's funny.

__________________
Bill Ladd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 07:23 PM
  #110
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van
 
Lucbourdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,075
vCash: 50
I truly belive this series is going to be legendary. The amount of storylines is incredible.

Lucic back home
Vezina vs Vezina nominees
Sedins vs chara
Kesler vs bergeron
offense/depth vs defense
Malholta returning after at one point, career ending injury.

Man oh man, I can't ****ing wait.

And that is something I am sure we both agree on

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 07:23 PM
  #111
Hitter*
The Epitomy Of Evil
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: City By The Bay CA
Country: United States
Posts: 771
vCash: 500
In 6

Hitter* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 07:25 PM
  #112
pblc
Registered User
 
pblc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Nova Scotia Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by icebank_miceelf View Post
Yeah I get it. That was me you saw telling Canucks fans to dial it down, because it's true. We have some really, really awful fans, as does every other fanbase. We just have alot more right now, as a result of the run.

And alot of the reason is because of how much **** we take from trolls from other teams not involved in the series. It's really all over the place, and as much as you scoff at the idea of some anonymous internet man pissing you off, it does (as is evidenced by the general Canuck hate)
Yeah, apologies..... I guess I shouldn't paint all Canuck fans with the same brush ...cuz it is true that all fan bases have their own contingent of idiots. Truth be told, I actually like the Canucks and if it were anyone else but Boston playing them I would be cheering for them.

I really have no idea, or even gut feeling, of how this series will turn out. Vancouver is a talented team.....and seem to have finally "gotten it" and frankly, they scare the crap out of me.....but on the other hand, Boston has shown so much heart and resilience this time around that I just can't count them out.

Lets hope for a great series either way with no one getting hurt.

pblc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 07:36 PM
  #113
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van
 
Lucbourdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,075
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by pblc View Post
Yeah, apologies..... I guess I shouldn't paint all Canuck fans with the same brush ...cuz it is true that all fan bases have their own contingent of idiots. Truth be told, I actually like the Canucks and if it were anyone else but Boston playing them I would be cheering for them.

I really have no idea, or even gut feeling, of how this series will turn out. Vancouver is a talented team.....and seem to have finally "gotten it" and frankly, they scare the crap out of me.....but on the other hand, Boston has shown so much heart and resilience this time around that I just can't count them out.

Lets hope for a great series either way with no one getting hurt.
Like it or not, I can guarantee you, you guys will hate us and we will hate you by the end of this series

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 07:45 PM
  #114
YouCantYandleThis*
Moustache Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pblc View Post
Yeah, apologies..... I guess I shouldn't paint all Canuck fans with the same brush ...cuz it is true that all fan bases have their own contingent of idiots. Truth be told, I actually like the Canucks and if it were anyone else but Boston playing them I would be cheering for them.

I really have no idea, or even gut feeling, of how this series will turn out. Vancouver is a talented team.....and seem to have finally "gotten it" and frankly, they scare the crap out of me.....but on the other hand, Boston has shown so much heart and resilience this time around that I just can't count them out.

Lets hope for a great series either way with no one getting hurt.
Why would you possibly count them out??

In my heart of hearts, the Canucks aren't counted out until the Bruins are lifting the cup.

YouCantYandleThis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 07:49 PM
  #115
pblc
Registered User
 
pblc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Nova Scotia Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Like it or not, I can guarantee you, you guys will hate us and we will hate you by the end of this series
Quote:
Originally Posted by icebank_miceelf View Post
Why would you possibly count them out??

In my heart of hearts, the Canucks aren't counted out until the Bruins are lifting the cup.
See, you guys are the type of fans of other teams that I don't have an issue with. Sure we'll probably (as Lucbourdon said) hate each other by the end of this series but at least you guys (or gals) aren't arrogant idiots.

Ok....enough niceties...let's get the hate on.....

pblc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 07:50 PM
  #116
Phousse
Registered User
 
Phousse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,548
vCash: 500
I'm not a fan of the whole "Canada's Team' thing. I only want the cup in Canada if it's done by the Habs. The only reason I'm sporting the Canucks in my avatar is because I don't want to taint it with that ugly B.

I really don't care who wins, however, as it'd be pretty awesome to see either the Canucks winning their first* or the Bruins winning their first in almost 40 years. I'm a hockey fan plain and simple. I see both teams as deserving to be in the final.

* I'm probably alone on this here.

Phousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 07:55 PM
  #117
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van
 
Lucbourdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,075
vCash: 50
Best part about this series is that both teams are truly hated on HF boards and we are playing each other, and one of our teams will end a HUGE stanley cup drought.

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 07:56 PM
  #118
Phousse
Registered User
 
Phousse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Best part about this series, is that both teams HF boards hates the most are playing each other, and one of our teams will end a HUGE stanley cup drought.
It's the Bruins that have the drought.

You guys haven't even tasted success yet.

Phousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 07:56 PM
  #119
Vic Rattlehead*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: St-Hubert, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Best part about this series, is that both teams HF boards hates the most are playing each other, and one of our teams will end a HUGE stanley cup drought.
Toronto didn't make the SCF.

Vic Rattlehead* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 07:57 PM
  #120
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van
 
Lucbourdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,075
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gommallionta View Post
It's the Bruins that have the drought.

You guys haven't even tasted success yet.
First time for everything right

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 07:58 PM
  #121
Vic Rattlehead*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: St-Hubert, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Like it or not, I can guarantee you, you guys will hate us and we will hate you by the end of this series
Makes sense.

I was indifferent to the Lightning before the ECF and now I can't stand that franchise nor their obnoxious fans.

Canucks fans are making it pretty easy though on the main board. A lot of ignorance with regards to the Bruins (for example, some don't think Seidenberg is a top 4 defenseman.)

Vic Rattlehead* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 08:03 PM
  #122
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van
 
Lucbourdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,075
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Rattlehead View Post
Makes sense.

I was indifferent to the Lightning before the ECF and now I can't stand that franchise nor their obnoxious fans.

Canucks fans are making it pretty easy though on the main board. A lot of ignorance with regards to the Bruins (for example, some don't think Seidenberg is a top 4 defenseman.)
The thing I find funny is how the main boards GDT are going to be like.

You guys have chicago/sjs/kings/calgary/edmonton fans on your side.
While we have montreal/ottawa/tampa/buffalo/detroit fans on our side.

The amount of hate from both sides is going to be hilarious, and annoying.

And for the overconfident thing, I think it's hard not to be overconfident when your team makes the cup final in the same year they won the presidents trophy by like 12 points.

Right or wrong, its justified.

Also about the "trolls" in a sense, Both fanbases have them, just gotta weed them out. If a person is a super homer, that is something that won't change. I am even sure you guys might hate me even, after a couple games, Of course I will try to be objective, but I will def throw my heart into a few convos to favor the canucks a bit

The biggest annoyance you guys will deal with is the "diving" comments about every single penalty for the canucks, It's been consistent throughout these entire playoffs, and even when there are legit calls, I can guaruntee you it won't stop those comments, it's something that's annoying as hell, which we gotta deal with.

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 08:05 PM
  #123
Niz Bruin
Registered User
 
Niz Bruin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 1,625
vCash: 500
Im getting annoyed with all the "Canada's Team" avatars going around already. More realistic is "Quebec's Team", I highly doubt many Flames and Oiler fans are pulling for the nucks. Maybe a few Sens fans. Seems most Leaf fans are on our side of the fence.

If everyone wasnt so superstitious about avatars id suggest some ironic "America's Team" designs.

Niz Bruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 08:06 PM
  #124
nuckleheadtoo
Registered User
 
nuckleheadtoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fraser Valley
Country: Canada
Posts: 63
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBruin View Post
I know, some of them are trying to scare us with Rafi Torres
Does this scare you?

nuckleheadtoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 08:07 PM
  #125
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van
 
Lucbourdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,075
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckleheadtoo View Post
Does this scare you?
AHHH BLANK WHITE SPACE, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.