HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

SCF: #3 Boston Bruins vs. #1 Vancouver Canucks - WE'RE BACK!

View Poll Results: Who wins the Stanley Cup?
Bruins will win in 4 13 5.28%
Bruins will win in 5 10 4.07%
Bruins will win in 6 127 51.63%
Bruins will win in 7 34 13.82%
Canucks will win in 4 7 2.85%
Canucks will win in 5 23 9.35%
Canucks will win in 6 29 11.79%
Canucks will win in 7 3 1.22%
Voters: 246. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-29-2011, 12:03 AM
SlickM32

vCash: 500
these two teams are very evenly match IMO

SlickM32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 02:09 AM
OgoBoHo

vCash: 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBruin View Post
You're making a good point there. While I think the Canucks have to be considered the favourites here I wonder if their fans saying they've got better depth at the forward position have actually even watched one single Bruins game, or taken a look at the Bruins roster for this season.
If somehow the top two lines were to neutralize each other that's good news for the Bs as their bottom six is certainly superior.
Clearly you haven't seen our defense yet.

And I think you're underrating our depth up front quite a bit. If the Bruins don't have speed Hansen, Lapierre, Raymond will skate circles around them. And our 3rd line has been very good at cycling down low, and pinning the other team in their own zone because of their speed. Hansen and Lapierre also hit a lot, they aren't you're big tough grinders, but they finish every check, especially Lapierre. It goes a long way.

Not saying the Bruins 3rd/4th lines are brutal, but our 3rd line is pretty speedy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammman View Post
He's got to be above 20/400; that's the NHL's minimum requirement for vision, so he wouldn't be allowed to play if he was below that.

As far as conditioning goes, he's apparently still in great shape; I've heard he's a fitness nut, so while he's obviously not at the point he was at before the injury, he should still be in pretty good form.
From what I know, he was working out even though he was injured, and some Canucks players said he was flying in practice too, take it for what it's worth. He's Steve Nash's brother-in-law, so I'm sure he gets discounts at Steve Nash Fitness World (Nash's gym)

OgoBoHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 02:56 AM
Hitter*
The Epitomy Of Evil

Hitter* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 03:23 AM
Respect Your Edler
Thank You 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niz Bruin View Post
Im getting annoyed with all the "Canada's Team" avatars going around already. More realistic is "Quebec's Team", I highly doubt many Flames and Oiler fans are pulling for the nucks. Maybe a few Sens fans. Seems most Leaf fans are on our side of the fence.

If everyone wasnt so superstitious about avatars id suggest some ironic "America's Team" designs.
They're doing it on purpose to piss people off. It's pretty great actually.

Respect Your Edler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 03:49 AM
JRull86
Formerly Guiledoom

Bruins in 7. Book em Dano!

JRull86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 06:25 AM
CpatainCanuck

There are many Bruins fans here talking about how various forward lines match up between the teams. You may confidently say that the forward lines match up well against each other, but this overlooks perhaps the most important aspect of the canucks offence: their defence. The canucks D is the best puck moving D in the league, far better than the D you faced against Montreal, Philadelphia, or Tampa.

The Bruins did beat teams faster than them in Montreal and Tampa, but Vancouver is not only as fast as those teams but frankly considerably better.

I predict a Vancouver victory but it will be a very tough series: maybe Vancouver's toughest opponent to date. I look forward to a great series!

CpatainCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 06:44 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CpatainCanuck View Post
There are many Bruins fans here talking about how various forward lines match up between the teams. You may confidently say that the forward lines match up well against each other, but this overlooks perhaps the most important aspect of the canucks offence: their defence. The canucks D is the best puck moving D in the league, far better than the D you faced against Montreal, Philadelphia, or Tampa.

The Bruins did beat teams faster than them in Montreal and Tampa, but Vancouver is not only as fast as those teams but frankly considerably better.

I predict a Vancouver victory but it will be a very tough series: maybe Vancouver's toughest opponent to date. I look forward to a great series!
This ain`t the Panther`s board here Canuck, this is a fan base who are more than knowledgeable about the game, our opponents etc....most here are more than aware of how solid of a back end your team has and nobody is taking them lightly or shouldn`t be if they are.

Nor have your boys faced a lineup who are capable of tossing out 4 lines to put heat on those D-men. It will be a challenge

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 06:46 AM
bunjay

Why are Canucks fans wasting their time here politely telling bruins fans that they don't know how good Vancouver really is?

bunjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 08:12 AM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Let's go Bruins!

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 09:37 AM
RedBruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaffiTorres View Post
Clearly you haven't seen our defense yet.

And I think you're underrating our depth up front quite a bit. If the Bruins don't have speed Hansen, Lapierre, Raymond will skate circles around them. And our 3rd line has been very good at cycling down low, and pinning the other team in their own zone because of their speed. Hansen and Lapierre also hit a lot, they aren't you're big tough grinders, but they finish every check, especially Lapierre. It goes a long way.
What's defence got to do with it, I was replying to a post talking about bottom six forwards on both teams
Yeah I think the Bruins bottom six has enough speed and skill with Peverley, Seguin, Kelly, Ryder, Campbell and Paille to not to be scared by Lapierre or Hansen
kthxbye

RedBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 09:55 AM
NinthSpoke06

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjay View Post
Why are Canucks fans wasting their time here politely telling bruins fans that they don't know how good Vancouver really is?

It's called a superiority complex. That is the reason why I can't wait to beat their *****. WAAAAYY too full of themselves.

NinthSpoke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 10:13 AM
robotco

hey boston fans. good luck in the series, should be a great one! GO CANUCKS!

robotco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 10:31 AM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjay View Post

BJ, you just don't understand. The Vancouver Canucks have the fastest, baddest, most skilled team of all time. Of all time!

duckchobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 11:11 AM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Originally Posted by CpatainCanuck View Post

And the Canucks have yet to face a team with a balance of great defensive play and potent offense.
It will be like playing the Preds except that the Bruins can score.

See? I can play this "you don't know anything about our team" game too

SerenityRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 11:15 AM
ranold26
Registered Loser

I hope the Bruins get some of our legends involved in the pre-game ceremonies of this series..
Orr, Schmidt, Bucyk, Neely, Bourque etc...

I'd love to see these guys get to witness another cup here too.

ranold26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 11:32 AM
mloyko

While we have not faced a team like the Canucks they have not faced a team like ours...

San Jose's defense is a siv compared to ours, they were burnt badly and by them being out of position and over aggresive they committed bad penalties.

Nashville while their defensive is similar to ours, they were the worst offensive team in the playoffs, and they put up a pretty good fight. The Sedins struggles against Weber-Suter and I Chara-Seidenberg are playing better than Weber-Suter right now.

Chicago after their run last year just werent as deep and they gave the Canucks every thing they could handle.

We are the deepest and most balanced team the Canucks will face as well as one of the most physical. I don't care what these Canuck fans say our 3rd and 4th lines are much better than theirs and they are playing their best hockey right now. While their D is a better puck moving D, our structure and defensive is better. Vancouver also got pretty banged up in the last series and its going to be a phyical series. I also thinnk the pressure will get to Luongo early in the series which allows the Bruins to steal a game. The Canucks are and should be the favorites but that means jack**** once the puck drops. I also want to see the Vancouver fans burn that city to the ground once we beat them.

mloyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 11:57 AM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26 View Post
I hope the Bruins get some of our legends involved in the pre-game ceremonies of this series..
Orr, Schmidt, Bucyk, Neely, Bourque etc...

I'd love to see these guys get to witness another cup here too.
Saw Bourque in game 1 would be nice to see Orr and others. Maybe now Esposito is free

Let's Go Bruins

Bruinsfan_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 12:41 PM
Rhody401

Bruins are gonna Pork the Canucks.

Rhody401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 01:05 PM
RaskMullet
Pasta Time !

new nhl commercial

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=116106

RaskMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 01:12 PM
Hitter*
The Epitomy Of Evil

these whole playoffs some sort of moisture has been coming out of my eyes

Hitter* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 01:45 PM
MD Bruins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
BJ, you just don't understand. The Vancouver Canucks have the fastest, baddest, most skilled team of all time. Of all time!
Seriously. Only the 88 oilers would have a shot against these guys.

MD Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 08:46 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

The more i read how arrogant many Canucks supporters are and how they think the Canucks will win handidly, the more confident I get in thinking the Bruins are going to pull an upset and win this. Consider a few things:

-Better road team

-So Vancouver had more points in the regular season? The caps had 121 last year, didn't work out so well for them - regular season points don't mean a whole lot, and that's team points and individual points. They played 4 non-playoff teams all year too.

The Bruins have overcome serious mental adversity - the Nucks did not. As much as nuck fans would like us to think that beating the Hawks was some kind of huge triumph - it wasn't. They let a team that was less talented and in disarray by the end of the season put up goal after goal on them and get within a sudden death goal of winning it all.

The only team with a good defense and goaltender they have had to play was Nashville, and the preds gave them fits. Nuck fans are really underestimating Boston's ability to score goals, dirty and pretty.

This is going to be a really tough series for both teams, and the winner is going to take it in 6 games, but most likely 7. As long as the Bruins remain mentally strong, focused, keep taking it one game at a time, they'll win this thing.

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 08:50 PM
Twisted Tales
H.A.M.

vCash: 0
History will be made

Twisted Tales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 08:52 PM
pblc

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
Ummmm....I think you also forgot to mention the "best-est".......geesh, how could you forget that.

And, I heard that when Chuck Norris finally shaved his beard what he found underneath was......you guessed it......the Vancouver Canucks.......

pblc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 09:00 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pblc View Post
Ummmm....I think you also forgot to mention the "best-est".......geesh, how could you forget that.

And, I heard that when Chuck Norris finally shaved his beard what he found underneath was......you guessed it......the Vancouver Canucks.......
stealing this

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote