HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

New Jersey - Ottawa

Old
05-29-2011, 11:36 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
and there is no way Ottawa would even consider making that offer(assuming the 2nd your talking about is 35th overall)
Which is fine, because we're not particularly looking to trade down. We'll happily take the guy we want at 4. If you want to move up, you'll have to impress Lou with an offer.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 11:54 AM
Shanny
Let's Win It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Which is fine, because we're not particularly looking to trade down. We'll happily take the guy we want at 4. If you want to move up, you'll have to impress Lou with an offer.
We'll probably be satisfied with taking our guy at 6, if the Sens are moving up.....it will probably be just be one spot(Isles).

Shanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 01:01 PM
Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
We'll probably be satisfied with taking our guy at 6, if the Sens are moving up.....it will probably be just be one spot(Isles).
I think the Devils make better trading partners than the Islanders.

Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 02:12 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 835
A Rolston/Kuba swap is a wash. Both teams give up an overpaid yet still decent player at a position of strength for an overpaid yet still decent player at position of weakness. Both contracts expire at the end of the year.

The 65th overall pick would not be enough for us to trade down. For the 35th I would consider it.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 10:37 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
I was going to ask something along these lines... How aggressive do you think Murray will be trying to move up?

Old
05-29-2011, 11:06 PM
SENSational Sens Fan

Quote:
I was going to ask something along these lines... How aggressive do you think Murray will be trying to move up?
I think it will depend on how the first few picks go. If a player not named RNH, Larsson, Landeskog, Huberdeau, or Couturier go Top 5, I think we likely stay put.

SENSational Sens Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 12:00 AM
MasterofGrond
No, I'm not serious.

Quote:
and there is no way Ottawa would even consider making that offer(assuming the 2nd your talking about is 35th overall)
I am talking about the 35th overall, and the Devils ask that price because historically, that's what it costs to move up two spots near the top of the first round.

If you're hesitant to pay that kind of cost, I completely understand, but that's what it's going to cost. Devils quite happily draft at 4 if they don't get a good price for moving down.

MasterofGrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 12:07 AM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterofGrond View Post
I am talking about the 35th overall, and the Devils ask that price because historically, that's what it costs to move up two spots near the top of the first round.

If you're hesitant to pay that kind of cost, I completely understand, but that's what it's going to cost. Devils quite happily draft at 4 if they don't get a good price for moving down.
I think that the early second is more than reasonable. In fact, I'd argue Ottawa might need to throw in a later pick to seal it. That being said, I don't believe picking at 4 or 6 is going to make a big difference. Moving up to a lottery pick should have a premium. I just hope one of Couturier, Hamilton, Landeskog is available at 6. Historically after first few picks, there is a higher emphasis on scouting and player development.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 01:12 AM
MasterofGrond
No, I'm not serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
I think that the early second is more than reasonable. In fact, I'd argue Ottawa might need to throw in a later pick to seal it. That being said, I don't believe picking at 4 or 6 is going to make a big difference. Moving up to a lottery pick should have a premium. I just hope one of Couturier, Hamilton, Landeskog is available at 6. Historically after first few picks, there is a higher emphasis on scouting and player development.
I would agree. If the Devils were at 6, the only guy I'd really think about paying that kinda of price to move up for is Larsson and even then, I'd be a little wary.

MasterofGrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 07:15 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
There's a similar discussion on the Devils board. Many of us feel that trading up probably isn't worth it in this draft, because there is no set consensus, and the player we would trade up for might be available at our slot anyway.

Old
05-30-2011, 07:51 AM
TSA0402

Quote:
There's a similar discussion on the Devils board. Many of us feel that trading up probably isn't worth it in this draft, because there is no set consensus, and the player we would trade up for might be available at our slot anyway.
I don't think it is at all. If you look traditionally at the vast majority of past drafts, even in strong draft generally after the first two picks it is much more wide open. Third pick doesn't have that much of a greater chance than fourth or sixth pick of getting a star player, for instance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterofGrond View Post
I would agree. If the Devils were at 6, the only guy I'd really think about paying that kinda of price to move up for is Larsson and even then, I'd be a little wary.
Larsson is by far the standout in this draft IMO. I never mention him because at 6th I'd have to be borderline ******** to think he would be available. If I were Edmonton GM I would pick him 1st overall any day of the week.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 09:14 AM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volchenkov 28 View Post
Kuba makes #3.7, so taking on Rolston is not that big of a deal for the Sens but I don't think it would be worth it from NJ's standpoint for an extra $1.3 of cap space unless it was for a good 2nd.
I agree, it would have to be 2nd.

Brooklyndevil is offline   Reply With Quote