HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cgy-Buf

Old
05-29-2011, 06:37 PM
Maximrules

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok89 View Post
To Buf:
Jay Bo
2nd round pick 2012

To Calgary:
Brad Boyes

Only way I'd take that contract, and theres no way Calgary does this. Kassian could play RW until pommers is ready to play.
this is probably the most laughable trade proposal i've ever seen. even if you take bouwmeester out of it, i doubt brad boyes gets you a second alone. plus buffalo would LOVE to unload boyes on his $4 million contract.

Maximrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 06:50 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximrules View Post
this is probably the most laughable trade proposal i've ever seen. even if you take bouwmeester out of it, i doubt brad boyes gets you a second alone. plus buffalo would LOVE to unload boyes on his $4 million contract.
Boyes for Stajan and you have a deal.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 07:27 PM
SoFFacet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Boyes for Stajan and you have a deal.
Laughable, Boyes' bad contract will expire after this season whereas Stajan's continues for three more.

SoFFacet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 08:05 PM
Armond White
Go Sabres!

Quote:
I can't tell if this is sarcasm. Boyes was traded for a second-round pick three months ago. What's changed since then?

Armond White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 11:01 PM
Zip15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armond White View Post
I can't tell if this is sarcasm. Boyes was traded for a second-round pick three months ago. What's changed since then?
He had a bad playoffs. Which means he's HF scum and has negative value.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 11:05 PM
Havok89

Quote:
Why would Buffalo love to unload his salary? He's UFA in a year when both Myers and Ennis are due raises. Boyes' contract is bad and Jay Bo's is worse because of the duration. I feel the 2nd rounder is what it would take to have Buffalo take that contract and handcuff their team going forward.

Havok89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 11:23 PM
JayP812
The Team of Tomorrow

vCash: 455
Counter offer:

To Calgary:

Jason Pominville
4th round pick

To Buffalo:
Alex Tanguay

JayP812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 01:48 AM
Maximrules

Quote:
Why would Buffalo love to unload his salary? He's UFA in a year when both Myers and Ennis are due raises. Boyes' contract is bad and Jay Bo's is worse because of the duration. I feel the 2nd rounder is what it would take to have Buffalo take that contract and handcuff their team going forward.
4 million for boyes? thats almost as bad as 4.5 for connolly. they'd love to free up the cap space to make a run at brad richards or another big name free agent. they aren't thinking about years down the road, they want to win now.

Maximrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 02:00 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP812 View Post
Counter offer:

To Calgary:

Jason Pominville
4th round pick

To Buffalo:
Alex Tanguay
Thats a pretty lateral move for Calgary, and it would cost us a 4th rounder to boot. No thanks.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 02:52 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
He had a bad playoffs. Which means he's HF scum and has negative value.
Thats about it!

Old
05-30-2011, 03:21 AM
Deen

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Thats a pretty lateral move for Calgary, and it would cost us a 4th rounder to boot. No thanks.
I'm guessing your a Flames fan from your name. Calgary would be getting the 4th rounder.

Deen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 08:25 AM
Zip15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP812 View Post
Counter offer:

To Calgary:

Jason Pominville
4th round pick

To Buffalo:
Alex Tanguay
No. People aren't grasping how important Pominville is to the Sabres. He's their do-it-all player, and, barring injuries, is a safe bet for 60+ pts per season and very solid two-way play. When he got hurt during the season, their PK went in the can. And they fell apart in the playoffs after he got hurt in Game 5. Buffalo already has a glut of LWers (Vanek, Ennis, Hecht, Gerbe), so there's no need for Tanguay. Calgary is a great fit for Tanguay, so there's legitimate concern that he may be unable to repeat those numbers elsewhere, and he's not nearly the all-around player Pominville is.

Absent something like a deal round Butler and Sarich, I think these teams are terrible trading partners.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 08:33 AM
ct2111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
No. People aren't grasping how important Pominville is to the Sabres. He's their do-it-all player, and, barring injuries, is a safe bet for 60+ pts per season and very solid two-way play. When he got hurt during the season, their PK went in the can. And they fell apart in the playoffs after he got hurt in Game 5. Buffalo already has a glut of LWers (Vanek, Ennis, Hecht, Gerbe), so there's no need for Tanguay. Calgary is a great fit for Tanguay, so there's legitimate concern that he may be unable to repeat those numbers elsewhere, and he's not nearly the all-around player Pominville is.

Absent something like a deal round Butler and Sarich, I think these teams are terrible trading partners.
Isn't Tanguay an UFA anyway? That would be terrible value even without Pominville's value to the team.

ct2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 08:51 AM
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Rebecca Black View Post
Why doesn't anyone understand the concept that Jay-Bo has no value (that means at all).

He has a bad contract, he isn't as good as that contract, and he hasn't put up the numbers he used to.

Nobody will take that long contract from CGY.
Why doesn't anyone understand that Calgary fans are fine with him. We understand he is overpaid but were fine with him.

theIceWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 08:54 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Tangs is more valuable to the Flames than Pominville would be. The first reason being his cap hit will be almost half, and the second Tangs is a huge reason for Iggy's success. He was basically brought back just to play with Iggy, these two are partners in crime and it is highly unlikely they will be split up anytime soon. This and Tangs love Calgary.

And yes he is an UFA, so the proposal makes absolutely zero sense.

I think that if any trade was attempted, Feaster would call and offer either Regehr or Bouwmeester and some type of package for Roy, Regier says no and the conversation ends.

Last edited by Johnny Hoxville: 05-30-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old
05-30-2011, 09:21 AM
Havok89

Quote:
4 million for boyes? thats almost as bad as 4.5 for connolly. they'd love to free up the cap space to make a run at brad richards or another big name free agent. they aren't thinking about years down the road, they want to win now.
Pegula said three years. Buffalo can sign Richards even with Boyes' contract. 4 mil for a 50 point winger isn't that bad. He underproduced last year because he had to play center.

Havok89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 09:27 AM
Flamesjustwin

vCash: 1452
Quote:
To Buf:
Jay Bo
2nd round pick 2012

To Calgary:
Brad Boyes

Only way I'd take that contract, and theres no way Calgary does this. Kassian could play RW until pommers is ready to play.
Done! Where do we sign?

Flamesjustwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 09:29 AM
Flamesjustwin

vCash: 1452
Quote:
Originally Posted by reinjosh View Post
Why doesn't anyone understand that Calgary fans are fine with him. We understand he is overpaid but were fine with him.
Speak for yourself. Bouwmeester is one of the worst contracts in hockey and the guys play gets abysmal when the pressure is on. If Feaster can move this guy I will weep with joy.

Flamesjustwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 10:33 AM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgn View Post
Isn't Tanguay an UFA anyway? That would be terrible value even without Pominville's value to the team.
Just like last summer. If the Sabres had any interest in him, they would have signed him then.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote