HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Gomez to Islanders

Old
05-28-2011, 08:46 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues22 View Post
you'll notice the common thread, teams always come in here offering their overpaid Salary cap issues acting like they are doing us a favor, simply because we have cap space
I will have to say you're pretty much spot on about that. One of my favorite reasons given that the Isles should take overpaid players in these trade proposals is to "meet the cap floor."

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 08:46 PM
JVR21
Sexy Hexy

vCash: 50
Or they could sign Brad Richards with that money/cap hit

JVR21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 08:52 PM
crashthenet

So if the Isles traded Hunter and Eaton to the habs for Gomer and Greg Patyern or something better, maybe. But I don't see it happening.

crashthenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 08:54 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
What are the odds of the islanders getting a new building, if they don t soon, the team will die.
Botta's take on the isles is usually more accurate then any other media source.He seems to think that between the fan support,the large union support and the vote being scheduled to take place on a Monday, in early August,gives the Isles a very good chance of getting the bond vote approved.

There are two other options for Wang.

1.NYC is asking developers to put in new bids for Willets Point(Queens),by Aug.12th.
Queens pols have been open about wanting the team to come to Queens if they can't reach an agreement with Nassau County.

2.The press has reported on the discussion about putting a moving roof on the National Tennis Center in Queens and the NYI playing there.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 08:56 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
Or they could sign Brad Richards with that money/cap hit
Pshaw. Everybody knows Brad Richards is destined for Toronto the other New York team Detroit the KHL something else.

Viqsi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 09:03 PM
habsrule22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Botta's take on the isles is usually more accurate then any other media source.He seems to think that between the fan support,the large union support and the vote being scheduled to take place on a Monday, in early August,gives the Isles a very good chance of getting the bond vote approved.

There are two other options for Wang.

1.NYC is asking developers to put in new bids for Willets Point(Queens),by Aug.12th.
Queens pols have been open about wanting the team to come to Queens if they can't reach an agreement with Nassau County.

2.The press has reported on the discussion about putting a moving roof on the National Tennis Center in Queens and the NYI playing there.
Thats good then, you really need a new building. how long before you could get this new building then.

habsrule22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 09:06 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepin le bref View Post
Well Wiz contributed to overcome the loss of Markov and help the Habs finish 6th overall. Wiz also massively outscored your MacDonald and Hamonic and/or whoever.

Meanwhile, the Islanders were yet again one of the worst team in the league and all that with their all mighty superior 1st and 2nd year players.

The vet Wiz,an offensive d-man, was bought in to offset the loss of Streit,the isles workhorse.He was outplayed by 1st and 2nd yr players.If you don't know who MacDonald and Hamonic are,that doesn't mean much to me.Isle fans and many fans in our division know who MacDonald and Hamonic are.

Isles were in the 3rd yr of what is a major rebuild,a youth movement.How shocking that they missed the playoffs.

A few months ago,Pierre McGuire was asked which team he though was the next Chicago Blackhawks.He said the NYI as he raved about their young prospects.Puck Daddy on Yahoo has made a similar comment.Isles are not taking on other teams overpaid,underperforming salary dumps.We'll stick to our rebuild.

What the Habs do with their overpaid,under performing players is their business.

Old
05-28-2011, 09:10 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Thats good then, you really need a new building. how long before you could get this new building then.
I know I'm one of those naive hockey newcomers from a non-traditional market, but I have to admit that I'm still not entirely sure how trading Gomez to the Islanders helps them get a new arena.

Viqsi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 09:18 PM
habsrule22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I know I'm one of those naive hockey newcomers from a non-traditional market, but I have to admit that I'm still not entirely sure how trading Gomez to the Islanders helps them get a new arena.
I never said trading Gomez to the islanders would help you get a new building. The subject of a new building came up and I wanted to know if the odds where good that the Islanders would get one. I m pretty sure that the Islanders need a new building.Some people need to relax a little bit.

Old
05-28-2011, 09:20 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
If they are able to push thru the Nassau County deal,I've read that they want to break ground next spring.

If they had to build on Willets Point...I've no idea how long that would take,how far along NYC is with zoning issues and moving businesses out of the area.

I'd think it's be easier if the bond vote falls short,to look to the National Tennis Center.

Old
05-28-2011, 09:29 PM
habsrule22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
If they are able to push thru the Nassau County deal,I've read that they want to break ground next spring.

If they had to build on Willets Point...I've no idea how long that would take,how far along NYC is with zoning issues and moving businesses out of the area.

I'd think it's be easier if the bond vote falls short,to look to the National Tennis Center.
hows that suppose to work with the roof

Old
05-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepin le bref View Post
Well Wiz contributed to overcome the loss of Markov and help the Habs finish 6th overall. Wiz also massively outscored your MacDonald and Hamonic and/or whoever.

Meanwhile, the Islanders were yet again one of the worst team in the league and all that with their all mighty superior 1st and 2nd year players.
I didn't realize Wiz was singlehandedly responsible for the Habs' 6th place finish. They should probably be willing to pay a lot to retain him this summer if he's that good.

Both teams played better after the trade, seems like the definition of win-win to me.

Seph is offline   Reply With Quote