Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Offical Best bar/place to watch a game thread

Old
06-01-2011, 08:23 AM
ODAAT

vCash: 500
I have a buddy who`s pre-requisit for choosing a bar to watch a game is simple.

If that bar has a Martini list that is longer than 1 drink(Cosmo), he won`t go to it, no wonder he drinks alone in his basement consistently

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 08:38 AM
TP
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

All, I have made this sticky for all to keep track of where to watch the games. If you have a question on where or a spot to watch the game, please post it here.

Thanks!

Go BRUINS!

TP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 08:50 AM
Lady Lynx

I'll be home alone, don't want any distractions during games I have ESPN America but I'll be watching ESPN360 stream because the B's have lost every playoff game I have watched on TV.

The games start at 3am our time but I won't have any trouble staying up. Tomorrow is a public holiday and my 9 week summer holiday begins on Saturday Good to be a teacher in Finland

Lady Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 09:12 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston BROin View Post
Dive Bars - Sully's and The Penalty Box. Both are filled with real Bruins fans. Not the nicest places, but they're fun good times.

Good fans, Not Dives -Sports Grille, The North Star and The Fours-Good times for actual fans and the bars are pretty nice. The North Star turned into a good area to dance and party after the Flyers' series.

Upscale, more pink hats
- Johnny's, The Greatest Bar -Fun to be at. Johnny's is very laid back and very nice. A bit pricey. The Greatest is a lot younger. Almost tries to be a club/sports bar hybrid. It gets very fun in there, plus it has the biggest screen to watch the game at.

Undecided -Hurricanes and Beer Works. I haven't been to either.

Everyone seems to have differing opinions on everything, but there is my rundown.
I've never watched a game at Beer Works, but the food is awesome. I highly recommend the crunchy chicken sandwich. And the Victory Red brew is delightful.

Definitely more of a restaurant feel than a sports bar, though.

Kate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 09:20 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Sports Grill all the way. Only place on Causeway that I know of that has pitchers. TONS of TV's, outdoor seating, and decent food.

However, my new favorite is Max& Dylans just over the bridge in Charlestown. $8-13 sandwiches PLUS 25% off your food if you have tickets to the game.

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 09:26 AM
Shadowthrone
Danke Angel di Maria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Bhoy View Post
Hmmm, come to think of it, maybe my celebrations have been a little excessive at times.......

But let me ask you.....what is wrong with bouncing into the bedroom at 4.30am, waking up my girlfriend shouting about my man Love for Nathan Horton and that the B's are in the final? She seemed quite annoyed about it, but i don't understand why.
Sounds exaxtly like me I've got basically one biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig room where everything happens, I live in an old factory/loft, and when my girlfriend's over she feels the pain, too. So she's free to chose between my nightly antics or sleeping in the storage room.
She actually likes hockey too, preferably live in an arena, but she can hardly be bothered to watch the Bruins in the middle of night

Shadowthrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 10:16 AM
Marc Savard
06/15/2011. x3

at least im not the only one standing up all night to watch 'em play hahaha

Marc Savard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 10:37 AM
AK37

Send a message via ICQ to AK37 Send a message via AIM to AK37
LET ME JUST SAY THIS

If you are going to eat before the game - TERIYAKI STEAK TIPS @ THE FOURS.....they are the most tender and flavorful steak tips you will ever eat.....they are AMAZING!!!!

My preference when I go to games is eat at the The Fours and then go to Sullivans for a few beers and a shot before I go in to the Garden

I might head up especially if they have a chance to clinch in Game 4 or Game 6 at home and just go eat and hang around the bars to possibly be part of the postgame hysteria. I will go eat at The Fours but then would probably move to another spot for game watching.

AK37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 10:41 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK37 View Post
LET ME JUST SAY THIS

If you are going to eat before the game - TERIYAKI STEAK TIPS @ THE FOURS.....they are the most tender and flavorful steak tips you will ever eat.....they are AMAZING!!!!

My preference when I go to games is eat at the The Fours and then go to Sullivans for a few beers and a shot before I go in to the Garden

I might head up especially if they have a chance to clinch in Game 4 or Game 6 at home and just go eat and hang around the bars to possibly be part of the postgame hysteria. I will go eat at The Fours but then would probably move to another spot for game watching.
This is also a good strategy. The Fours has some great food but the game watching atmosphere leaves a bit to be desired, IMO. Sullys or the Sports Grill is a good choice.

Old
06-01-2011, 10:43 AM
bigbadjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
I have a buddy who`s pre-requisit for choosing a bar to watch a game is simple.

If that bar has a Martini list that is longer than 1 drink(Cosmo), he won`t go to it, no wonder he drinks alone in his basement consistently
i'd respect that rule if it didn't allow for the cosmo. it's an odd exception. there's only one martini - gin and the slightest drop of vermouth. all else is a bastardization of the martini.

by the way, i'm fine with bars that offer all the bastardized drinks. as long as they know how to make a classic martini, they can make all the cosmos, appletinis and chocolate martinis they want.

bigbadjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 10:48 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadjohn View Post
i'd respect that rule if it didn't allow for the cosmo. it's an odd exception. there's only one martini - gin and the slightest drop of vermouth. all else is a bastardization of the martini.

by the way, i'm fine with bars that offer all the bastardized drinks. as long as they know how to make a classic martini, they can make all the cosmos, appletinis and chocolate martinis they want.
I ordered an old fashioned at a bar like the ones you mentioned above. It was like a sangria. Terrible.

Old
06-01-2011, 10:57 AM
bolt thrower
Danke Bomber Harris!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Savard View Post
at least im not the only one standing up all night to watch 'em play hahaha
Definitively not, we are a nice bunch of Bruins fanatics over here
Should organize a yearly "Meet your fellow european Bruins", that would rock the world

bolt thrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 11:03 AM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

WEGZ
Hoops
Harbour Sports Bar

Neely2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 11:22 AM
bigbadjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
I ordered an old fashioned at a bar like the ones you mentioned above. It was like a sangria. Terrible.
Knowing how to make an old fashioned should be a basic skill of a bartender. Of course I ordered a draft a couple weeks ago and the young bartender had to wait for assistance from the other bartender, she had never worked a tap before.

Old
06-01-2011, 11:26 AM
rickizbruin

philthy mcnastys was ok.... theres a couple of them around..

st.louis wings usually has big screens and lots of tvs..

rickizbruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 02:45 PM
HumBucker
HFBoards Sponsor

Merging these threads doesn't make it very easy to find info about particular cities outside Boston. But, whatever.

HumBucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 03:06 PM
Bavarian Rocket #16

Send a message via MSN to Bavarian Rocket #16
Hi I'm from Munich, Germany and a Bruins Fan since 1988 when I saw a Cup Final Game between Edmonton and the B's. It was the only one the Bruins won.
Anyways I will watch the game with a friend of mine who is also a big hockey fan (ok Penguins Fan ...). He likes the Bruins and the Canucks so he is neutral. I'm looking forward to see Game 1 tonight and that's why I go to sleep now for a few hours before the party begins.

LET'S GO BRUUUIIINS!!!

Bavarian Rocket #16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 06:15 PM
bigbadjohn

Best bar to watch the game that has a generator? My electricity went out twice already.

Old
06-01-2011, 06:48 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

IF YOU ARE IN VANCOUVER!

Dentry's Irish Grill on 4450 W 10th! The papers in B.C. read my posts on the HFBoards and are sending someone to cover us!

Coach Parker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2011, 10:48 AM
Terrier

Almost every game I haven't attended I've watched at Shopper's Cafe on Moody St. in Waltham.

Terrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2011, 11:22 AM
Sabreality

Bruins fans in ATLANTA

is there a sportsbar Bruins fans gather to watch the games? looking for a good atmosphere to watch the game tonite

thanks

Sabreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2011, 12:53 PM
Sabreality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabreality View Post
is there a sportsbar Bruins fans gather to watch the games? looking for a good atmosphere to watch the game tonite

thanks
bueller? any Boston bars?

Sabreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2011, 01:13 PM
SpeedyLazaro

All I really care about is good viewing when I want to watch a game at a bar...

Sully's - has tube TV's from the 80's that can barely emit a picture at this point

The Fours - Good food, not a panorama of TV's

Sports Grille - Love it there, good food, not a large enough viewing area. TV's are small

Hurricane's - Bad food, bad viewing atmosphere

Greatest Bar - Bad Food.. Terrific viewing atmosphere.. Cheap beer, lots of B's fans.. HUGE screens and loud in-game sound

Remy's - Great food, excellent TV setup.. biggest screen in Boston and High def plasma's covering every inch of every wall.

Whiskey Priest and Atlantic Beer Garden - kind of douchey, but on the water, mediocre food, but again, TV's and monster screens everywehere

Stats and the Stadium in Southie - Good spots, TV's and Food = B

Cask and Flaggon and Game On - crowded, bad food, TV's everywhere, Sox town.

IMO, Remy's both in Fenway and the Seaport provide the best of both.. great pub grub and just monster high def modern viewing. If I'm not concerned with eating and just want to ensure that I can watch and hear the game and drink beers, then it's all of the above minus the Fours, Sports Grille, adn Sully's .. those are my pre-game spots.

SpeedyLazaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2011, 01:22 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

When was the last time you were at Sullys? They have all flat screens, and actually just added another one in between round 2 and round 3.

That said, I love it there, but not an awesome spot to watch a game. Perfect for pre and post, but not during the actual game.

Kate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2011, 04:37 PM
SpeedyLazaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
When was the last time you were at Sullys? They have all flat screens, and actually just added another one in between round 2 and round 3.

That said, I love it there, but not an awesome spot to watch a game. Perfect for pre and post, but not during the actual game.
I was in there for one game in the Tampa Series.. didn't notice the TV's... I am describing an old memory though.

SpeedyLazaro is offline   Reply With Quote