HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

La-nj

Old
05-29-2011, 06:12 PM
Guitpik

vCash: 500
What about a deal around Alec Martinez?

Guitpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 06:55 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitpik View Post
This
Great post, you really contributed to this thread.

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 07:25 PM
Guitpik

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevsFan7545 View Post
Great post, you really contributed to this thread.
Thanks, what else need be posted?

By the way, I truly appreciated the deep context of your post and how it contributed to this thread, as well.

Now, if your done being a smart-ass, maybe you can post up the one just above yours.

Guitpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 08:08 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
But Vasyunov does not fit any type of need for the Kings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghock View Post
And Kings have no need for Vasyunov.
But Palmieri does?

They're both top 6 potential wingers (Vasyunov has played both LW and RW in the NHL and AHL) and I really do think Vas is the more talented of the two. I just think the Devils could use Palmieri's size instead of Vasyunov's talents. The Kings, I don't know. They seem to have more size up front than the Devils do.

Obviously the Kings know more about their team than I do, but I don't get how they could use Palmieri but not Vasyunov.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 08:53 PM
Martyros
Allow me to retort

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
But Palmieri does?

They're both top 6 potential wingers (Vasyunov has played both LW and RW in the NHL and AHL) and I really do think Vas is the more talented of the two. I just think the Devils could use Palmieri's size instead of Vasyunov's talents. The Kings, I don't know. They seem to have more size up front than the Devils do.

Obviously the Kings know more about their team than I do, but I don't get how they could use Palmieri but not Vasyunov.
I, myself, am not interested in Palmieri either. I DO think that Palmieri will be the better player of the two, but still would rather go for a proven top 6 left winger.

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 10:46 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
The Devils are not shopping a proven left winger, so there is no deal to be made between the teams.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 11:34 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
The Devils are not shopping a proven left winger, so there is no deal to be made between the teams.
So if the Kings offered up prime assets for Parise, you don't think Lou wouldn't listen?

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 11:49 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
So if the Kings offered up prime assets for Parise, you don't think Lou wouldn't listen?
Shopping means we're pimping him out to other teams. We're not, so therefore we are not "shopping him."

Now if the Kings said, hey Lou, we'll give you Quick + Doughty + Kopitar (not realistic I know, just proving a point), then yeah, we'd give up Parise.

If I asked you are the Kings shopping Doughty, you'd say no. If the Pens said, Crosby straight up, you'd take it. Doesn't mean you are shopping him.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 12:57 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I agree with the shopping concept. As much as I would love to have Parise on the Kings the only way I could see a deal happening would be if Lou called DL and said something like "I might be interested in moving ZP, what ya got?" and then DL sending a list of about 4 players throughout our system who are untouchables for Lou to consider before he says no thanks then and hangs up.

The reality is that you don't deal away Drew Doughty and you don't deal away Zak Parise unless you are offered the Sun AND the Moon and even then you should take a year thinking about it before you do.

It happens, don't get me wrong I mean it would be silly of me as a Kings fan especially to deny it (I can think of 99 reasons why) but it is so rare that the ramifications can be felt years after a deal like that happens.

From a hypothetical pov the Kings have tons of assets that the Devils would be foolish not to covet and dealing ZP would fill any and all holes that they might have and cheaply too, well all except one and you can guess which one that is.

As far as Voynov for Vasyunov goes big no thanks. Vasyunov is a nice player who I like but in another post regarding a team dealing for Voynov the Rags offered up Grachev plus 2 second round picks for him.

That is the kind of deal that it is going to take to get the Kings thinking about moving Voynov imo.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 06:52 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
That's a lot different from the Devils shopping him. Lou doesn't want to trade Parise, he wants to re-sign him. And he will.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote