HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Central Europe
Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

January 1947 hockey articles in Svobodne Slovo (help)

Old
06-05-2011, 06:03 PM
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Moron!

vCash: 500
January 1947 hockey articles in Svobodne Slovo (help)

Greetings Slovaks! I was hoping to maybe get some help on a translation on these very old newspaper articles from Svobodne Slovo that have some hockey pictures but I can't read a word of the language...I don't need a word for word translation, but I would like to know the general idea of what these articles say if possible...thanks very much

Mike Farkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 03:58 AM
zorz

picture 1: The description of the photo says its Kobranov in game of LTC Praha vs. Brighton Tigres and that he was one of the best players of the team in that game. The article below isnt related to hockey.

picture 2: Its part of article about some youth camp organized by Mike Buckna (or something like that), but there is not many details there. Text in italics is description of plays that happened there.

picture 3: Another part of the text from previous picture. I think Buckna was new coach of LTC Praha and he was organizing that camp or whatever it is when LTC Praha was playing abroad (some tournament - the game from the picture 1 was part of that).

picture 4: The first photo is goalie Zdenek Jarkovsky of LTC Praha in game vs. Brighton Tigres (not sure if it was the same game as picture 1 or they played more games). The second photo is some goalie from lower Czech leagues. The description says hes doing dangerous save when going under the players legs towards the puck:-) Photo on top of the page is not related to hockey.

picture 5: These are photos from lower league game beetween Slavia and Unhost (as you can see on the standings of the last picture). There is forward of Slavia scoring against Unhost goalie on the first photo. On the second it quite the same - Unhost goalie looking on the puck entering the net. The last photo is speedskating.

picture 6: This is 2 days later after picture 4. That tournament where LTC Praha was playing was probably Spengler Cup acording to this. Its saying they defeated Rotweiss Basel 6-5, then ZSC 6-2, Oxford University 20-2 etc. And the right side are standings of CSSR hockey leagues.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 06:05 PM
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Moron!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
picture 1: The description of the photo says its Kobranov in game of LTC Praha vs. Brighton Tigres and that he was one of the best players of the team in that game. The article below isnt related to hockey.

picture 2: Its part of article about some youth camp organized by Mike Buckna (or something like that), but there is not many details there. Text in italics is description of plays that happened there.

picture 3: Another part of the text from previous picture. I think Buckna was new coach of LTC Praha and he was organizing that camp or whatever it is when LTC Praha was playing abroad (some tournament - the game from the picture 1 was part of that).

picture 4: The first photo is goalie Zdenek Jarkovsky of LTC Praha in game vs. Brighton Tigres (not sure if it was the same game as picture 1 or they played more games). The second photo is some goalie from lower Czech leagues. The description says hes doing dangerous save when going under the players legs towards the puck:-) Photo on top of the page is not related to hockey.

picture 5: These are photos from lower league game beetween Slavia and Unhost (as you can see on the standings of the last picture). There is forward of Slavia scoring against Unhost goalie on the first photo. On the second it quite the same - Unhost goalie looking on the puck entering the net. The last photo is speedskating.

picture 6: This is 2 days later after picture 4. That tournament where LTC Praha was playing was probably Spengler Cup acording to this. Its saying they defeated Rotweiss Basel 6-5, then ZSC 6-2, Oxford University 20-2 etc. And the right side are standings of CSSR hockey leagues.
Thanks so much for the help zorz! I guess there isn't a lot of historically relevant information in there, as I had hoped...oh well...thanks again!

Mike Farkas is offline   Reply With Quote