HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boston-Calgary

Old
05-29-2011, 03:59 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

vCash: 500
I'd do it in a heartbeat. Bouwmeester would be better in the eastern conference where the game is more transition that cycle based. We'd save about 4 million. If we did this, we'd need to move Sarich out too though to make room for another puck mover, like Erixon/Brodie. Boychuk could take 18-20 of Bouwmeester's minutes, Giordano another couple. We'd still need to find 3-5 minutes somewhere, but I'd make that trade in a second. Bouwmeester is much better than Kaberle, but that's not saying much.

Double Dion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 05:12 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
I have to say it is actually refreshing to hear some of the B's posters comment on what Bouwmeester actually is, which is a very good defender. It is so dam annoying to hear people trash the guy on HF the way they do and it is very unjust. Everyone knows the guy is overpaid, but Sutter had to basically break the bank to get the "guy" he really wanted. He hasn't totally lived up to the hype so far in Calgary but that doesn't mean he's been a bust. There have many, many nights where he has clearly been our best defender and he absolutely makes the Flames a much better team. I don't really want to trade Bouw, I would only consider doing so if it meant significantly improving our team.

Regarding the OP, its a fair deal but I do not think I'd do it. I would rather get quality over quantity for Bouw. I would rather get 1 or 2 really solid assets back rather than a few minor pieces, like Marchand for example. But again thanks to B's fans giving credit where credit is due.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 05:31 PM
Boondock

There is no way Calgary management would consider moving J-Bo for that package. Boychuk is a #4 with a good shot and some size, Hamill has been unspectacular in 3 AHL seasons and is quickly approaching 1st round bust status.

J-Bo while overpaid is still a very good all around dman who can log big minutes. I would think his value is probably be a 1st and a roster player

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 07:32 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
There is no way Calgary management would consider moving J-Bo for that package. Boychuk is a #4 with a good shot and some size, Hamill has been unspectacular in 3 AHL seasons and is quickly approaching 1st round bust status.

J-Bo while overpaid is still a very good all around dman who can log big minutes. I would think his value is probably be a 1st and a roster player
Exactly....

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 07:39 PM
Remember2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebrute View Post
As a Bruins fan, I would do this deal. But I doubt the Flames would give away Bouwmeester... He hasn't been that bad.

Their defence would be horrendous going into next season
Oh yes he has been offensively I think If Calgary traded him away it would be for a #1 center not Bouwmeester alone but + also it would leave a huge hole in defense and I doubt anybody wants him unless he returns to the Florida days

Remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote